Just Cause 2: Causing Harder

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fats wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Fats wrote: »
    Urian wrote: »
    Turning infinite ammo on and strong grapple cord in the trainer linked at RPS just made the game so much more fun. I'm playing on experienced and I'm not having TOO many problems with lame deaths, but I haven't reached heat 5 yet. Too bad we can't switch it in-game.

Yeah, the BOLOpatch and the weird little mods have really increased my enjoyment of the game. If I were one of the developers I'd whip up a keys-to-the-city-esque mode for the console dudes that enabled similar crazy shit.

Where can I find this? I'd really like infinite ammo

BOLOPatch is here, some little mods I've been playing with are here, like free black market stuff and model replacements for the player.

Thanks <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bobmyknob wrote: »
    So I was trying to trick of attaching a car to a jumbo jet for the stunt points. All was going well until I hit about 48 stunt points (42-ish new ones) when the game froze. Perhaps the plane flew out of the boundaries? It hasn't crashed on me yet, so that's my only explanation. I'll try it again, but probably bail out earlier.

Moped + Hot Air Baloon + Mountain. You'll thank me later. Post videos.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There is a mountain all the way to the south of the desert area. You can get a 1400m (ish) base jump off of this mountain. It might be possible to get the achievement off of the snowy mountains in the middle. The closest I came was around 950m. When base jumping, have Rico lean forward slightly to get the most horizontal distance out of it.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Weeeee I can finally go and get this game :)

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    There is a mountain all the way to the south of the desert area. You can get a 1400m (ish) base jump off of this mountain. It might be possible to get the achievement off of the snowy mountains in the middle. The closest I came was around 950m. When base jumping, have Rico lean forward slightly to get the most horizontal distance out of it.

Is this the 'climb to the top of the highest area in Panau' achievement also? Haven't managed to find that one yet.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hillean wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Is this the 'climb to the top of the highest area in Panau' achievement also? Haven't managed to find that one yet.

I got that achievement on the snowy mountains in the middle... just fly around it, you should be able to see which one is the highest.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Where do you even find a Hot Air Balloon?

Ein on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The easiest place to get the 1000m achievement is off of the Mile High Club. It's about 1.2kms up and a straight fall down with nothing around it

YardGnome on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mostlyjoe13 on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ack. It's taking me like 45 minutes to upload a 42 mb youtube clip.
    D:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ack. It's taking me like 45 minutes to upload a 42 mb youtube clip.
    D:

Youtube is going through an upgrade. Wait a day.

Mostlyjoe13 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh. I didn't realise. It finally went through.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0v1j46pog

Rizzi on
  • Options
    nowayman xynowayman xy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    btw, if you're stupid like me and willing to read a 94 page thread but not look up how to jump into a mounted turret on a vehicle here's how (I just figured it out via dumb luck): you stunt jump onto the vehicle and then move towards the turret.

Yeah, I *facepalmed* after I figured that out. Never knew (about 8 hours into the game).

nowayman xy on
    BF4: nowaymanblue
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Turns out I'm a worse pilot than I am at aiming. Who knew!
    I just crashed my $30,000 jet into the ocean. :?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    big base
    Ha! It's the dish from the end of goldeneye.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    big base
    Ha! It's the dish from the end of goldeneye.

I was about to ask if there were any Bond villains around.

Or if he had any fights on the catwalk.

By the way, putting a colonel on the catwalk would've been brilliant.

Khavall on
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just learned you can zoom in your aim with C. Fuuuuuuuck that would have made killing some guys alot easier

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hah, Awesome.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Skeezicks wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Skeezicks wrote: »
    The Mile High Club is also the perfect place to get the 1000 Base Jump trophy / achievement.

I might still try to get it on a land mass though.

I don't know that there is a land mass that is over 1000m tall, or at least one that allows you to base jump all the way to the ground. I tried from the highest mountain and there is a plateau that you hit. You can only maneouver so much without your chute open to get away from it.
    Big Isy wrote: »
    you could also use one of the hot-air balloons for an insane height.

Have you tried this? Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as an actual base jump, so you wouldn't see the stats from it.

It worked for me. I got the 1000m Base Jump trophies by jumping off of the balloons. The little stat counter came up telling me how far I was falling and everything.

Reeaaaaaad that quote tree. He is talking about the hot air balloon, not the Mile High Club Blimps.

Well, I reeaaaaaad that wrong. Obviously I mistook "hot air balloon" as being one of the blimps. :oops: I'll go away now.
    Fuck man, everybody here knows I don't have the game. I don't have the means to play it, why you gotta rub salt in the wound?!

But yes, that is possible. I've seen a youtube video of a guy doing it. Flies the balloon way up high and leaps right out.

You only get the base jump achievement with an exploit. Simply flying the balloon up and leaping out doesn't count as a base jump. Technically, a base jump is jumping from land or a high structure.

The exploit involves dragging the hot air balloon up into the air by grappling it to a chopper, letting it go up high, flying above in the chopper, then jumping out onto the actual top of the balloon. I guess the game considers that "land" if you weren't actually inside the balloon.

Who knows.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh. I didn't realise. It finally went through.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0v1j46pog

Stop wasting your ammo! Grapple those cars to passing structure.. or the road ;)

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    But that's boooooring. I want to make pretty explosions!
    This game is so god damned gorgeous.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    But that's boooooring. I want to make pretty explosions!
    This game is so god damned gorgeous.

Oh Rizzi, there wil be plenty of time for that later.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    With how nuts the respawning guards get in this game infinite ammo actually ends up feeling completely fair. It really needs some upgrades so you take less damage though.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The homing rockets are even more annoying.

Not the SAMs, the Rocket Launcher rockets.

OK, they don't really home, but they do curve ever-so-slightly to one-shot you.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't mind so much if the guards had to arrive via car or troop chopper or truck when they re-spawn like the similarly annoying Red Faction Guerrilla guards, instead of re-spawning behind my back or around every corner.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yes, but I think maybe at that point the difficulty should be in the accuracy, toughness and damage of the enemies that ARE there. I don't think difficulty should be adjusted by bringing in hordes of mans. When I wipe out a military base, they should stay dead. And if there are more enemies to fight, they should arrive by jeep and chopper. It's not a matter of realism or even fairness, it's just lame as hell when you walk out of a dead end area and two or three people come around the corner from where you just were with shotguns.

I don't know about you, but as soon as I kill a single military guy, my heat goes to the max. Then, I'm eventually surrounded by armoured soldiers who take a full clip from my pistol and can hit me with a machine gun at 100m away without issue.

How much more accurate and tough can they be?

I've also collected a lot of armour parts, and I still die within a few seconds of gun fire.

I agree, and I don't think that that part should be made any tougher. I think it's fine that way the way it is. It's just that there's a combination of: Accuracy + Toughness + damage + numbers + teleporting in that makes some situations very cheap. I think to fix that, one of those five things should be changed or dropped.

I think it should be the teleporting in.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Had an interesting glitch last night. I had just grappled onto a copter and was trying to flip up on to the front so that I could hijack it and I must have clipped a tree or something and I ended up detached and fell to the ground. The weird part is the game was still registering me as being in a helicopter so even though I was walking on the ground I was being locked on and shot at by SAM launchers.

Reric on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Can you no longer hijack choppers by pressing 'E' after you've grappled to one?

Also - is there anything you can do with a static cable after you have tethered two objects? Like if I use the cable between a water tower and a rock, can I interact with the cable at all, climb on it, etc?

Yall on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can definitely hijack choppers by grappling to them. Make sure you made your way to the front and killed the passenger; you can't hijack without doing both.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jack_kallisjack_kallis Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    How can i download it from http://store.steampowered.com/app/35110/
    I tried my best but all in vain.
    Would u like to help me. I will stay with you as well...

jack_kallis on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ayulin wrote: »
    You can definitely hijack choppers by grappling to them. Make sure you made your way to the front and killed the passenger; you can't hijack without doing both.

Maybe it was the angle from which I grappled. I was hanging from the bottom and couldn't do anything.

When a couple of military choppers get after you it gets hard in a hurry.

Yall on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How can i download it from http://store.steampowered.com/app/35110/
    I tried my best but all in vain.
    Would u like to help me. I will stay with you as well...

When you click "install demo" you should get pop up that asks if you have Steam installed. If you press yes, it will make Steam start downloading it. If you press no, you will be taken to the site where you download Steam.

Peewi on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is there a rhyme or reason why some Takeovers have Helicopters in the bases, and others don't?

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oil Rig Mission (no real spoilers)
    Man, I spent a good twenty minutes bombing the crap out of that thing with a harrier only to realize that the damage % was not going to go above 45%. Apparently there's a bug where if you die while completing this mission and after causing some damage it's usually impossible to complete the mission on the second try so you have to abort it.

But whatever, I got really good at doing a half loop turn around, which is pretty cool because I learned about the maneuver from the history channel. :P

nowayman xy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hawk wrote: »
    Is there a rhyme or reason why some Takeovers have Helicopters in the bases, and others don't?

I'm pretty sure each base is scripted as having a certain general type. Why the dev team chose a specific encounter at any given location though is anyone's guess.

nowayman xy on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, I spent a good twenty minutes bombing the crap out of that thing with a harrier only to realize that the damage % was not going to go above 45%. Apparently there's a bug where if you die while completing this mission and after causing some damage it's usually impossible to complete the mission on the second try so you have to abort it.

But whatever, I got really good at doing a half loop turn around, which is pretty cool because I learned about the maneuver from the history channel. :P

I think it's because the mission kind of implies you're supposed to bomb the hell out if it, when in fact, like most military bases, there are unique destructable areas, like Fuel tanks and sstuff like that, and those are the only things that can be destroyed. I died on the first attempt as well (after causing some damage). On the second try I just jumped off and stole one of the choppers that was on the pad at the top and used it to shoot all the destructable objects. A lot of the fuel tanks are attached on the sides or underbelly of the rig, which make them really hard to hit with a jet.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just broke this mother out with a few friends (and a few beers) and MY GOD IT WAS MAGIC./

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I think it's because the mission kind of implies you're supposed to bomb the hell out if it, when in fact, like most military bases, there are unique destructable areas, like Fuel tanks and sstuff like that, and those are the only things that can be destroyed. I died on the first attempt as well (after causing some damage). On the second try I just jumped off and stole one of the choppers that was on the pad at the top and used it to shoot all the destructable objects. A lot of the fuel tanks are attached on the sides or underbelly of the rig, which make them really hard to hit with a jet.

No, there's definitely a bug. You're exactly right about how you destroy the base. But if you die after destroying x number of canisters some will stay destroyed after you reload. If there's enough destroyed (as you don't have to destroy every destructible to clear the mission) you can't beat it without aborting. In addition to the twenty minutes of harrier bombing I spent ten minutes the next life (after I flew the jet into the water because I'm awesome like that) strafing it with the helicopter.

Bear in mind, however, that I'm playing on the xbox. The bug might be limited solely to that console.

nowayman xy on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The only way I could get any progress on that mission was to shoot the top part of the rig. worked fine even after I died.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I had that bug yesterday too. I destroyed about 60% and died. When I came back, the destroyed parts were still destroyed but my "Rig Damage Bar" was back to zero. The actual "area percentage" was back at zero too.

I destroyed everything else and it only brought me to under 50% and that was it.. I had to abort. I never went back to see if everything reset. It might be borked for good.

Figgy on