Options

If you're a Republican, [PALIN] says it's time to get on your high horse!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    "I knew that we'd be buddies when I met her when she said, 'Drill here, drill now,'" Palin said. "And then I replied, 'Drill baby drill,' and then we both said, 'You betcha!'"

*retch*
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    More like 1934:

obrother4.jpg

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know, the fucked up thing about how intense the Tea Party is not, is that theres nothing that I can imagine anyone doing that would single handedly end it.

or, I mean, there's nothing at this point that could happen without a lot of people saying it's legitimate.

More violence happens against democratic representatives?

Well that has nothing to do with the movement as a whole, and they deserved it anyways.

More tea partiers use secessionist rhetoric?

Hey the government is coming in too much we totally should seceed!

Palin is a member of the KKK?

Well Obama's a ****** anyway!

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know, the fucked up thing about how intense the Tea Party is not, is that theres nothing that I can imagine anyone doing that would single handedly end it.

or, I mean, there's nothing at this point that could happen without a lot of people saying it's legitimate.

More violence happens against democratic representatives?

Well that has nothing to do with the movement as a whole, and they deserved it anyways.

More tea partiers use secessionist rhetoric?

Hey the government is coming in too much we totally should seceed!

Palin is a member of the KKK?

Well Obama's a ****** anyway!

See the problem isn't people saying it's legitimate it's that Tea Partiers would say it's legitimate.

Also once an attack is made on the president failed or otherwise pretty much every Federal Law enforcement agency would be out there arresting Tea Party groups left and left.

Sadly not Palin though.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    psychotix wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    "I knew that we'd be buddies when I met her when she said, 'Drill here, drill now,'" Palin said. "And then I replied, 'Drill baby drill,' and then we both said, 'You betcha!'"
    I see that computerized speech generator is coming along well...

I wonder if anyone pointed out that there isn't any oil under Minneapolis.

I don't want to believe those two clowns actually said that to each other, it just sounds, odd.

It does sound sort of sitcomish. Like "Presidential Buddies, starring John McCain and Sarah Palin!". In a very special episode where Palin's old college pal Bachmann comes to visit.

Bachmann: "Drill here, drill now!"
    Palin: "Drill baby Drill!"
    Both: "You betcha!"
    *canned audience applause*
    McCain: Settle down, ladies.
    Bachmann: You were right, he is a maverick.
    *canned audience laughter*

It sounds like the dialog of Nailin' Palin 2: Bachmann's Threesome Powerdrive

Edith_Bagot-Dix on

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    Edit:
    Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty revved up the crowd, asking: "Have you had enough?"
    "We now live in a country where Wall Street gets a bailout and the poor get a handout -- and everybody else gets their wallet out," he said. "So I ask you, have you had enough?" The crowd shouted back, "Yes!"
    What is this, the 1800s?

Pawlenty has ramped up the D-Bag levels ever since he decided to run for President. Good thing he's boring and no one knows or cares who he is.

Personally I love the assumption that 90% of the country makes $250,000+

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

90% of his constituency believes they should or will make that much.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mr Pawlenty there's a bridge I'd like to sell you.....nevermind it fell down

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Did he get reelected after that? I mean damn minnesota, pawlenty and bachman? Have you no shame?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate Pawlenty so much. So, so much. He's put our state in massive debt. It could have been resolved last year with bills that even former republican governors said were good. But no, apparently the way to get out of debt is to borrow more money and rape the poor.

You know, cause fuck those poor people.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Did he get reelected after that? I mean damn minnesota, pawlenty and bachman? Have you no shame?
    No, it happened after he beat Hatch by a hair in 2006. As far as I know he hasn't announced if he's running for reelection.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

90% of his constituency believes they should or will make that much.

They would be if it wasn't for Barry Osama bin Kenya taking all their hard-earned bootstrap money!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

No, it happened after he beat Hatch by a hair in 2006. As far as I know he hasn't announced if he's running for reelection.

Ok still on the hook for bachmann minnesota...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Michelle Bachmann, Keith Ellison, Tim Pawlenty, Al Franken, Jesse Ventura, Herbert Humphrey...

Minnesota has some strange electoral preferences.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fraken is a political wiz though. Any hangup I would have had that his snl skits weren't funny were quickly erased by his time in the senate. The man can free hand draw the US to almost exact detail.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The man can free hand draw the US to almost exact detail.

Just another intellectual elitist.

We don't need someone who can draw the US! We need someone who FEELS the US!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I get the feeling here most people don't even know what the actual reference to intellectual elitist or what they are complaining about, and it's not being educated. Ditto for the bootstraps nonsense.

psychotix on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I get the feeling here most people don't even know what the actual reference to intellectual elitist or what they are complaining about, and it's not being educated. Ditto for the bootstraps nonsense.

Show us on the arugula where he touched you

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I get the feeling here most people don't even know what the actual reference to intellectual elitist
    It's a Khmer Rouge reference, right?

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Show us on the arugula where he touched you

It was right where he left the dijon mustard stains.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

She's likely not going to survive a re-election bid anyway.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gah! Someone shut her up!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/04/palin-says-obamas-nuke-stance-is-like-a-kid-who-says-punch-me-in-the-face-.html
    "Michele and I -- both -- we have strong faith that fighting as hard as we can for our country and supporting those who share our values, share our principles, and, at the same time, putting our lives in God's hands."

Mindless rambling!

Also, her analogy demonstrates a complete lack of understanding (assuming of course she just wasn't being intellectually dishonest and pandering) of the issue.

No one said we wouldn't "punch back" if we got punched. Rather, if punched, we might not kill every living thing within a 100 miles radius of the kid that punched us.

Yall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dark_Side wrote: »

That remains to be seen. She managed it last time, and the bad publicity came a few weeks before the election, which is almost the worst time.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yall wrote: »

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/04/palin-says-obamas-nuke-stance-is-like-a-kid-who-says-punch-me-in-the-face-.html
    "Michele and I -- both -- we have strong faith that fighting as hard as we can for our country and supporting those who share our values, share our principles, and, at the same time, putting our lives in God's hands."

Mindless rambling!

No. No, shut up. I want to believe that Palin was actually being magnanimous in her typical poorly-articulated way. Let me believe this.

Edit: I hadn't read the link and was assuming that she was talking about Michelle Obama. Silly me.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Mindless rambling!

Also, her analogy demonstrates a complete lack of understanding (assuming of course she just wasn't being intellectually dishonest and pandering) of the issue.

No one said we wouldn't "punch back" if we got punched. Rather, if punched, we might not kill every living thing within a 100 miles radius of the kid that punched us.

Someone should sit her dumb ass down and make her watch a few nuclear explosions in slow motion, make her read some of the history of nuclear weapon development, and what small minded hawks like Edward Teller and the Air Force brass did to the world with their callous nuclear proliferation ideas. (Trivia for the day: the bomb did not need to be dropped on Japan.)

Nuclear weapons are not a fucking toy, and not something to try and score cheap political points with Sarah, you ignorant fool. Their very existence in a weapons arsenal dictates an extremely serious and sober mindset.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010

That bridge should have picked itself up by it's bootstraps.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

That remains to be seen. She managed it last time, and the bad publicity came a few weeks before the election, which is almost the worst time.

To be fair she was ahead by a wide margin when she did that and it ended up a close race, another week and she probably would have lost.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Anyone who runs against her should have so much ammunition at this point...arguably it shouldn't even be a contest, but those 20%er's seem to come out in droves to be fed her lines of bullshit, so it will probably be close.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Mindless rambling!

Someone should sit her dumb ass down and make her watch a few nuclear explosions in slow motion, make her read some of the history of nuclear weapon development, and what small minded hawks like Edward Teller and the Air Force brass did to the world with their callous nuclear proliferation ideas. (Trivia for the day: the bomb did not need to be dropped on Japan.)

Nuclear weapons are not a fucking toy, and not something to try and score cheap political points with Sarah, you ignorant fool. Their very existence in a weapons arsenal dictates an extremely serious and sober mindset.

Well to you or I that makes sense, but a frightening number of people in government and military (in many countries) have the attitude of Dr Strangelove

override367 on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Mindless rambling!

My god...U.S. will only have 1500 nukes after the deal...it will be virtually defenseless.

Seriously though, fun times ahead. I can't wait to turn C-Span and see the leaps of logic the Republicans make for potential destruction of countries without nukes and why 1500 nuclear warheads, enough to take out pretty much all major population centers in the world fifteen times over, won't be enough.

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Mindless rambling!

My god...U.S. will only have 1500 nukes after the deal...it will be virtually defenseless.

Seriously though, fun times ahead. I can't wait to turn C-Span and see the leaps of logic the Republicans make for potential destruction of countries without nukes and why 1500 nuclear warheads, enough to take out pretty much all major population centers in the world fifteen times over, won't be enough.

I don't think she was referring to arms reductions, but rather the current administrations assertion that we would change our posture in so much that we would not use nukes in retaliation for a chem or bio attack.

Of course her outrage (assuming it isn't faux) is equally ridiculous as such a policy could be changed by an executive order in the time it would take to utter a sentence.

Yall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Someone at a national news network should just run the screensaver mode of Defcon behind whatever anchor is talking about this. You can destroy the entire world with a lot less than 1500 warheads.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    (Trivia for the day: the bomb did not need to be dropped on Japan.)
    Trivia for the day: that's not trivia. It's a defensible position, but it's not fact.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Jademonkey79Jademonkey79 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Part of me wishes that these maniacs could actually see with their own eyes what launching a single nuclear weapon would do to the fabric of our world. Then maybe they'd shut the hell up and never bring it up as a viable alternative ever again.

There's absolutely no winning unless your definition for winning means dying.

Jademonkey79 on
    "We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Mindless rambling!

I don't think she was referring to arms reductions, but rather the current administrations assertion that we would change our posture in so much that we would not use nukes in retaliation for a chem or bio attack.

Of course her outrage (assuming it isn't faux) is equally ridiculous as such a policy could be changed by an executive order in the time it would take to utter a sentence.

And besides, they purposely left the two main rogue nations of the present out of the new policy, so I don't see what she really has to bitch about.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, she sure is giving SNL a lot of material for this Saturday, isn't she?

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Trivia for the day: that's not trivia. It's a defensible position, but it's not fact.

Hmmm, arguable I suppose, but if you look at the facts, it's pretty clear Japan was looking to surrender, and the intelligence community knew it. Japan had a few specific demands for surrender the US wasn't looking to honor and it seems dropping the bomb was far more about the continuing alienation with Russia than anything else.

It's people like Palin though, that are unable to see those issues in any real nuance, and scare the beejeesus out of me with their ignorance and indifference towards what they say.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hmmm, arguable I suppose, but if you look at the facts, it's pretty clear Japan was looking to surrender, and the intelligence community knew it. Japan had a few specific demands for surrender the US wasn't looking to honor and it seems dropping the bomb was far more about the continuing alienation with Russia than anything else.

It's people like Palin though, that are unable to see those issues in any real nuance, and scare the beejeesus out of me with their ignorance and indifference towards what they say.

History is much more palatable when the good guys are on your side and the bad guys are on that side. Why, just ask the Japanese about their research in China!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

See the post above yours. History, side, etc. :P

Yall on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    KalTorak on
This discussion has been closed.