As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I can't [chat] this

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Belruel wrote: »
    I have an innate distrust of teetotalers.

Unless they're recovering alcoholics. But I think that's a contradiction.

this is something that bothers me. I choose to not drink much, if at all. I have always been responsible with alcohol the few times I have had it, and I made the decision that it is not for me, the risks do not outweigh the gains enough for me to make drinking a serious part of my life.

Yet, people judge me for this! Then those same people will turn around and congratulate a recovering alcoholic for staying sober. Yes, it is good he/she is sober, but stop judging me just because I never let my life get bad enough where I needed an intervention to stop alcohol abuse.

goodness. yes, sorry, just needed a bit of a rant.

I am pretty much the same way that you are, only with pot. I hate the stuff, and hate being around stoned people. So therefore I generally don't hang out with potheads, and never hang out with them when they're stoned.

Fortunately, I live on the East Coast, so this is actually possible.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, woo, only half an hour before my girlfriend arrives.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    My first legitamite bowl as a married man.

It tastes...

No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks.

If I find seeds in my shit I usually get a little upset.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ALSO FUCK THIS

i am gonna leave work 2 hours early, I have hells of comp time

i wanna hang out with my little sister at the beach and mock her boyfriend (if he is there)

Arch on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    This salad is OK, I suppose.

The pears are not properly ripe, and I'm not wild about this wine.

You're a harsh critic, japan.

I was out of ideas, so I've just gone for tomato and mozzarella salad followed by steak and rosemary potato wedges, this eve.

I should likely pick some some watercress or some such for the side. And wine. And some matches, because my housemate has hidden them.

When I say "not properly ripe" what I really mean is unripe. It's a pear, brie and spinach salad with red onion and croutons.

And I haven't drunk enough white wine to figure out what I like and dislike, so every bottle is a lottery. I can pretty much drink any red wine, but I'm pickier about white.

japan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    peach schnapps + vodka + Orange Juice= Fuzzy Navel= Ludious drinking a lot of fuzzy navels= pants on head homosexual

ftfy

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I am pretty much the same way that you are, only with pot. I hate the stuff, and hate being around stoned people. So therefore I generally don't hang out with potheads, and never hang out with them when they're stoned.

What about high functioning connoisseurs?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone know anything about cars?

Specifically, whether or not the installation of a cold air intake would void a warranty?

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Those FedEx tracking numbers are pretty neat.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i assume i am not the only one with a BLINDING HATRED and intolerance of spelling errors in social media?

i have already cast judgement on my little sister's boyfriend for his inability to properly spell words on his facebook

is this wrong?

i mean he is like 16 or whatever but dammit son these words are not difficult to spell!

i mean misspelling for humor's sake is one thing (poast, cheezburger, etc) but "career" "totally" and "supposed" are not difficult words to spell

Your hatred is entirely legitimate. I don't think an inability to spell makes a person worthless, but ignoring the built-in spellchecker does. It says that you do not give a shit.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

hahahahahaha

Arch on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

What's your problem with the west coast, anyway?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

And I haven't drunk enough white wine to figure out what I like and dislike, so every bottle is a lottery. I can pretty much drink any red wine, but I'm pickier about white.
    I think a rough red is normally a better time than a rough white. I have no white wine knowledge at all.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mmmm pale fire

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    peach schnapps + vodka + Orange Juice= Fuzzy Navel= Ludious drinking a lot of fuzzy navels= pants on head homosexual

ftfy

I drink college girl drinks basically so yeah

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

pot smoking hippies

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Taranis wrote: »

Specifically, whether or not the installation of a cold air intake would void a warranty?

It does not. At least with Nissan. I put a K&N filter in my G35 and there were no issues. I don't know about cold air or ram air, but I imagine it'd be the same deal. Just call your dealership and ask I 'spose.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    ok that might be a good reason

I've got three nonfiction books I need to get through, and then I'll be moving on to fiction. Probably Cloud Atlas, Blood Meridian, and Pale Fire in that order.

Depending on how I feel after Pale Fire, I might read Infinite Jest.

Pale Fire is a lot of work, and once you crack it, really sad.

Maybe try something like God Bless You Mr. Rosewater. That one made me feel kinda happy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, I'm going to enumerate the fuck out of that census.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I think a rough red is normally a better time than a rough white. I have no white wine knowledge at all.

all i know about wine is this

i want a Riesling

no i do not care what brand or grapes or whatever

just bring me a Riesling

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Fuckers will still not ring the doorbell and make me go out to the depot nine times out of ten though. I've had three eastern European brides die in holding from asphyxiation this month.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

California does it's best to look like the State of assholes and idiots?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    But Riesling is a grape!

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

if i can't tell that they're stoned, and they don't incessantly talk about it when not stoned, then i guess it's not a problem.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wine is one of the alcoholic drinks that I am all over. I know that there is a difference between wines, and deliciousness sort of correlates with price, but I don't know anything beyond that. I don't drink enough to build up a knowledge base.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

if i can't tell that they're stoned, and they don't incessantly talk about it when not stoned, then i guess it's not a problem.

Xx420KushBLAZINxX

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Fair 'nuff!

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Feral, what non fiction are you working through?

I've gone this entire month without a new book purchase. New paycheck is gonna net me some good shit.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    i think tube hates me

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if you want to feel transcendently happy, listen to Massiaen's Quartet for the End of Times. An atonal work written in a Nazi prison camp, and yet it is probably the best music of the twentieth century. It is ecstatic without being joyful; optimistic without being naïve, complicated while being accessible.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    But Riesling is a grape!

well bring me something fermented from riesling grapes then

what i meant was a lot of vintners (is that the word for like...a beer snob but for wine?) are all "these grapes are grown like this blah blah blah"

and i am like fuck that i like riseling grapes of ANYTYPE made into wine

also the grapes from the south or whatever

ummmm

muscadine wine!

yesssss

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    The older I get, the less drinking people do at parties.

Echo on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Taranis wrote: »

It does not. At least with Nissan. I put a K&N filter in my G35 and there were no issues. I don't know about cold air or ram air, but I imagine it'd be the same deal. Just call your dealership and ask I 'spose.

Thanks.

My car is a Nissan as well.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Sounds pretty much like my company.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i don't like the generalized cultures in california.

i don't like the degree to which it's defined by extremes:

materialistic vs. hippie
    culturally permissive vs. rigidly religious

i also don't like ostentatious displays of wealth, marajuana culture or celebrity culture. I'm also pretty uncomfortable with the kind of public sexuality that california is big on.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wine is one of the alcoholic drinks that I am all over. I know that there is a difference between wines, and deliciousness sort of correlates with price, but I don't know anything beyond that. I don't drink enough to build up a knowledge base.

Livingston Red Rose disagrees with you

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    But Riesling is a grape!

well bring me something fermented from riesling grapes then

what i meant was a lot of vintners (is that the word for like...a beer snob but for wine?) are all "these grapes are grown like this blah blah blah"

and i am like fuck that i like riseling grapes of ANYTYPE made into wine

also the grapes from the south or whatever

ummmm

muscadine wine!

yesssss

Tomato Wine.

Yes.

And yes, it is tasty.

Sheep on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010

i want a Riesling

just bring me a Riesling
    Sweet tooth, eh?

They make a Riesling so sweet that sugar starts crystalizing on the cork in the bottle.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Read the Wine Bible. It seems like it's going to be a cheesy book, but it's actually incredibly informative, especially when it comes to basic viticulture knowledge. Really good book.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i don't like the generalized cultures in california.

i don't like the degree to which it's defined by extremes:

materialistic vs. hippie
    culturally permissive vs. rigidly religious

i also don't like ostentatious displays of wealth, marajuana culture or celebrity culture. I'm also pretty uncomfortable with the kind of public sexuality that california is big on.

Fucking hate paying taxes but refuse to stop state spending.

Sheep on
This discussion has been closed.