As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RADlands] Ho down in Bro town

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if you guys want to chase her down that would be just swell because I can't think of a time where DE?AD wouldn't use this as an excuse to create a recurring villain

just saying

[Bro]

[Dusty][150%]
    [P] 25% 10% [M] 60% Stress 12% RAD 5%

"Sewers open te-e-e-erritory. Belong to everyone. Same for rest of city. Same for re-e-e-est of world. Prrvrrky lrrrrs rrtply rrffff crrsssh." Dusty spins the wheel on the hatch, rust sprinkling out, and opens it, adding a low bass note to the hissing water heaters. The robed freaker probes the darkness with the stick before climbing inside; peaking out to face Krupe and Skiff. "Could talk politics later rrrf interested. Pri-i-iority should be to leave a-a-area." He extends an open palm toward Skiff. "Extend shoulder. Arms... hazardous."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thinking about it some more, I'd actually recommend against just catching her, Shabooty.

If she's got Mutant Supreme, she might be able to convince you to free her despite your better judgment.

Not really sure what to do with the Bro here. He's not really a character made to handle situations involving people jumping out of windows to escape!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    assist rolls would probably be an awesome idea for taking down the mutant leader, Bro group

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Actually, go ahead and catch her Shabooty

if she's back up where I can talk to her I can actually be useful this round.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dubh I can't tell whether you want her to be a recurring villain or not?

Also Chet you can have your say Telepathically, without stopping her momentum?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Krosius wrote: »
    So let's get this shit linear

1. She's diving out the window
    2. CRABBY's hookshot puts her in a spin and a tizzy as she's suddenly bereft of clothing
    3. Suddenly, she accelerates! Into the concrete.
    4. And then something big, chitinous/fuzzy, and angry hits her like a fucking truck and throws her down into the pool.

Right. Jim went for a mindfuck (unless he edited and I missed it)
    I'm not sure if the mechanics allow Wolf to pounce her into the pool onceshes hit the side. It doesn't make sense in my head, anyway.

PS it just hot me why the hell would we listen to VI's advice anyway. Tommy, don't roll an ability youhave -40% to off the bat. he is trying to kill you

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Actually, go ahead and catch her Shabooty

if she's back up where I can talk to her I can actually be useful this round.

You can assist in other rolls somehow. Give Wolf a boost out the window?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I do not

DE?AD makes the most irritating reoccurring villains

this is not a comment on his writing, I'm just really tired of people getting away and haunting us

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the only person would could ideally use assistance would be chet accelerating wolf to cut her throat

that or having The Bro inspire someone

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chet isn't trying to catch her, he's trying to accelerate her into the cement.

I thought. Shabooty, what are you doing?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Haha, Theresai.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bro's group, you guys should get on vent and coordinate how you want shit to go down

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    the only person would could ideally use assistance would be chet accelerating wolf to cut her throat

Except I don't have interspecies communication and none of you are human.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seriously. If you don't use The Power of Teamwork you're not getting out of Werefucked Town.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    I do not

this is not a comment on his writing, I'm just really tired of people getting away and haunting us
    Yea what are we scooby Doo? This the fucking wastes man! take no prisoners! No survivors!

We are operating on Horror movie villian logic here. You knock out a motherfucker? You better freeze him then smash him into peices afterwards.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seriously. If you don't use The Power of Teamwork you're not getting out of Werefucked Town.

I think they want to get her into werefucked town :winky:

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Bro]
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Skiff"]Skiff[/URL[P: 60%][S: 20%][M: 20%][Stress: 10%][RAD ?%]

Skiff grunts and follows the robed freaker's lead, dropping into the sewers and taking a degree of care to avoid accidental dismemberment or evisceration.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    I do not

Yea what are we scooby Doo? This the fucking wastes man! take no prisoners! No survivors!

WWDD

What would Dusty do?

Get on a goddamn motorcycle and slap a fish in her face.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2010

Aiding allows you to help another character adding ¼ your relevant stat as a bonus to their roll.

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

...since when did robots not understand English

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    beep boop

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

...since when did robots not understand English

Speed thinks squall is talking about burning spirit, not just a regular aid roll

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Aiding allows you to help another character adding ¼ your relevant stat as a bonus to their roll.

Oh I thought you were specifically talking about Inspiration.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Scarlet Burning Spirit can only be transferred to other humans unless you have Interspecies Communication.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Scarlet

65% [M] + 100% - 40% is still quite a bonus

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tommy apparently Tetsuo only applies to your highest Psycher power. I think you should save freezing her until she's beaten up a bit.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Scarlet

65% [M] + 100% - 40% is still quite a bonus

Tetsuo doesn't effect hit roll though does it?
    Doesn't matter anyway because you can't use tetsuo on a pyscher power you haven't invested points in.
    Tetsuo: Psychers generate massive amounts of psionic energy, and, for the most part, they must actually hold back in order to stop that energy from destroying their own minds. However, they can, occasionally and only for short periods, let loose and take advantage of all that power they’ve been keeping locked up. At any point, a psycher can gain a +100% bonus to his highest psycher power for one round (or one minute, out of conflict). The human psyche is not prepared for such power, however, and the psycher takes an immediate +20% [M] Damage. You may sustain this effect, but you take an additional +20% [M] Damage each round (or minute) you do so. There is, however, a minor benefit; as each additional round (or minute) you sustain the effect, the bonus to his power by increases +50% for each round it is sustained.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm trying to think what could be the worst possible outcome in the bro's group right now

Being Supreme she convinces Chet to gently allow her to land and run away

Wolf jumps out the window after her, hitting the concrete on accident

Jimothy's mindfuck backfires

Crabby latches on as she runs away, dragging the scitterbot behind her

and then the building explodes

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yay or nay on dropping her?

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Slam her into the ground, Shabooty. Like make her head hit right into the edge of the pool.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm trying to think what could be the worst possible outcome in the bro's group right now

I love this mental image

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah there's nothing to be gained out of catching her. Don't give her the chance to social you.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I thought about jumping with Wolf, but then I remembered hard knock life

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I love this mental image

With a superimposed image of DE?AD in the sky turning his back on the group and shedding a single tear.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I love hard knock life so much

everyone seems to forget that the Bro has it, but no one will ever forget jimmijum

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Why do you think this mission was so fucked up Toasters?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I love hard knock life so much

everyone seems to forget that the Bro has it, but no one will ever forget jimmijum

the hardest

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It could be worse!

Jim could still be wearing the whore's armor

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Chet-Lumbowski"]Chet[/URL[140%]
    [P]30% 20% [M]30% Stress 0% RAD RAD Poisoned

While waiting for Bro, Chet can't help but think about Marrisylda/

"Man, she was a real jerk, huh Wolf? I mean, she ignored me like I wasn't even there. Me, the giant floating head. Plus, what was her deal with humans? If she so much better then a human then why don't she... uh.. why don't she say that to that mustachioed man's face? Don't know why those other mutants followed her. we aren't the mutants who like humans, are we?" Chet thinks about this for a few moments and comes to a decision. "You know what? I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind." Chet storms off back to where Bro is.

Chet enters the room to see Marrisylda dive out the window. "H-hey! No, You're not leaving until I've had my say!"

Floating as fast as he can toward the window, Chet latches his mind onto the falling mutant's ankle and hauls her back up. Keeping her away from the window but above cement and not water, Chet smiles.

"You're a bitch."

Chet turns to the group and, having wanted to say this for a long time, says, "Mind if I take out the trash? No? Okay."

Chet tosses, well, accelerates Marrisylda into the pool. Sadly, he misses the pool and she smacks into the cement.

there

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    thus, chet begins his dark streak

Squall on
This discussion has been closed.