Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Everyone loves Chun-li.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am still horrified that biz plays on a 360 controller.

Horrified.

Go to a tournament and win a stick. For god's sake man. Imagine.

I hope to do ranbats tonight.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    To be fair, learning to play on a stick is the opposite of fun.

Having Ultras, FADCs, and combos you can do on a pad fail because you're getting used to a stick is infuriating.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The 360 pad is worse than using a stick for the first time. It is the worst fighting game controller. I would rather use a keyboard. With my face.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wait a second, Biz uses a gamepad?

This shames me in a way that is worse than wetting the bed as a child.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I still use a pad :(.

Sort of related; the TE was 99.97 on amazon for just 10 mins two days ago. Before I could get home and talk to my SO about the purchase the price went up again (149.99 or something I forget). I know if I wait just a bit more it'll hit 110$. Also the SE's price is ridiculous. I think it has gone from 39.99 to 69.99 and back down twice this week. I thought they weren't producing the damn thing, how come it keeps selling?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SE plus the cost of Sanwa replacement parts is cheaper than a TE, but gives you the same stuff. Well, except for the case.

I would imagine that's why it's still selling.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    There's some reports on the srk forums that eventually the PCB will die on SEs unlike TEs. Buying a SE is like buying a time bomb; even if you mod the SE, it will die on you eventually.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I sort of envy pad players who are good because if they make the switch to stick they get to learn starting out with good habits and things like plinking from day one. Retraining when you have been using sticks for fighters since snes is no small task.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was good with a pad then I got a stick and the first few...weeks to months are "stupid fucking stick! this thing sucks ass! the pad is much more responsive aargggh!"

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    There's some reports on the srk forums that eventually the PCB will die on SEs unlike TEs. Buying a SE is like buying a time bomb; even if you mod the SE, it will die on you eventually.

I think that's kind of weird to say, because I have both a TE (PS3) and a modded SE (Xbox) The mobo's look mostly the same. The SE is currently awaiting a finished case to be installed into though. I hated that SE case. Too small, no place to put my palms/wrist during play. Regardless, both of them work very well. I'm not too discerning though when it comes to precision. If a move is attempted and doesn't come out, I always blame myself.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I was good with a pad then I got a stick and the first few...weeks to months are "stupid fucking stick! this thing sucks ass! the pad is much more responsive aargggh!"

I'm afraid this is gonna be me when I get a stick. But then I figure I will finally be able to not make an ass out of myself when I hit an arcade.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, the transition can be a pain in the ass. I used the fightpad from vanilla till it finally broke down from overuse in march and I got the stick. At first I was like "Oh god this sucks, how is this better?"

Now I wonder how I ever went without one.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm slowly making my way up. Graduated to fight pad from controller, and someday I'll get a stick.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, the transition can be a pain in the ass. I used the fightpad from vanilla till it finally broke down from overuse in march and I got the stick. At first I was like "Oh god this sucks, how is this better?"

This.

I played almost every fighting game with a PS2 style gamepad: Logitech Precision Gaming Pad - $14.99.

Then I got the TE stick and cried for 3 weeks. Everyone remembers the tears. I bitched nonstop for 3 weeks.

Then one day it all magically got better, about 2-3 weeks into using it, I found I was doing shit I could only imagine.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm up for ranbat tonight (sent hat a pm already) but am also up for playing now if anyone wants.

Dan is alo C rank now meaning I have

Dan
    Ibuki
    Juri
    Hakan

C-ranked

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

This.

I played almost every fighting game with a PS2 style gamepad: Logitech Precision Gaming Pad - $14.99.

Then I got the TE stick and cried for 3 weeks. Everyone remembers the tears. I bitched nonstop for 3 weeks.

Then one day it all magically got better, about 2-3 weeks into using it, I found I was doing shit I could only imagine.

I don't know why but I can't stand BlazBlue on a stick. I use the Fightpad for Blazblue exclusively (or the plenty of LIVE Arcade 2-d games.) It's that Drive button, which throws me off. I've tried many different control schemes, but none of them are comfortable to me.

I beat a projecticle spamming Akuma via Timeout. It was glorious :D

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I had a Dan taunt only battle earlier. It was probably the best match that will ever happen in street fighter history.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My best fight was a Cody mirror match against someone from PA where we basically only threw rocks at each other. Someone on IRC aptly called it a trailer park fight.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    CDiggityCDiggity Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i just finished Dee jay for the C-rank achievement, and i must say he is pretty fun to use. its fun to mess with people with auto correct moves (ie EX dreads and ultra 2)

CDiggity on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'm adjusting, but its still very frustrating and makes it hard to play SSF4 and enjoy it. "Ha, you whiffed an SRK I will punish with MY ...... standing roundhouse, apparently. Which will lose to your next SRK, that you use as a follow-up to your whiffed SRK."

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I'm adjusting, but its still very frustrating and makes it hard to play SSF4 and enjoy it. "Ha, you whiffed an SRK I will punish with MY ...... standing roundhouse, apparently. Which will lose to your next SRK, that you use as a follow-up to your whiffed SRK."

it is an investment of suffering in the present for greater pleasure in the future

like a pension

or a marriage

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is it even possible to hit chun with balrog?

Dash punches are too slow

Her skyscraper sized punch completely stuffs jumpins

She can just air throw you

Can't poke since her normals reach further and are faster.

Can't focus since rog's focus has about 1 inch of range

EDIT: Also Juri can take off 2/3rds health in one combo. Who knew!

Its not a good matchup. You just have to play solid fundamentals, and don't ever jump while shes standing. You have good pokes as well, so mess around with standing hk and crouching hk. Once you get in close, pressure with light punch and tick grabs. If you get a solid knockdown, exploit her lack of wakeup options by baiting a EX SBK and punishing.

Also, once she has super, she can punish all of your dash punches. On block.

Chun can also throw Balrog out of EX dash.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really suggest to everyone having stick issues to try and sit in training mode with input display ON. This is extremely helpful, and it can show you how little movement is actually required to register a motion.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If everyone who is in for ranbats would like to forum pm me, it would be easier for me to count at a glance (just count the inbox).

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I had a Dan taunt only battle earlier. It was probably the best match that will ever happen in street fighter history.

The best matches are Rose mirrors because you get to play Roseball.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Good luck in the RanBat, participants!

Except Chaos, he can burn in hell

:P

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Here is my current list of participants. If you aren't on this, I don't know about you! You should let me know asap.

ChaosHat
    Kinderparty
    SkutSkut
    Barrabas
    Nick T
    TheUnsane1
    Blackbeard7
    RxNegative
    SabreMau
    TopHatPanda
    EvilMultifarious

We need MORE participants for RanBat. Good, bad or mediocre, it's all fun times! Play! Including the lurkers who signed the friends list out in lurker land that I have NEVER HEARD OF. This is your chance to have fun. Yes, YOU. What are you doing at 9 on a weekend? I'll tell you what lurky, you're ranbatting.

I just checked, there are 152 people on the friends list, 117 with xboxes and 74 with ps3s. There's no reason we couldn't have crazy turnout for two different console ranbats =/

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    don't think i'll make it in time, unfortunately. gotta do some dishes and be responsible or whatever

edit: actually fuck that, i will have those dishes done by nine. i am still in.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    LittleKeyLittleKey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Maybe I will ranbat with you guys once I'm better. As it stands, I can barely beat arcade mode on medium :P.

LittleKey on
    oblivion-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Where are the SE street fighters do any of them show up for ranbat nights?

Seth on Medium cheats like it's his job. He has a bit of the SNK Boss Syndrome.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Here is my current list of participants. If you aren't on this, I don't know about you! You should let me know asap.

ChaosHat
    Kinderparty
    SkutSkut
    Barrabas
    Nick T
    TheUnsane1
    Blackbeard7
    RxNegative
    SabreMau
    TopHatPanda
    EvilMultifarious

We need MORE participants for RanBat. Good, bad or mediocre, it's all fun times! Play! Including the lurkers who signed the friends list out in lurker land that I have NEVER HEARD OF. This is your chance to have fun. Yes, YOU. What are you doing at 9 on a weekend? I'll tell you what lurky, you're ranbatting.

I just checked, there are 152 people on the friends list, 117 with xboxes and 74 with ps3s. There's no reason we couldn't have crazy turnout for two different console ranbats =/

I can only join the ranbats if it actually starts after 8:30 PM PST, as it is I can't ever join it... :(

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Where are the SE street fighters do any of them show up for ranbat nights?

Seth on Medium cheats like it's his job. He has a bit of the SNK Boss Syndrome.

Get mid range punish everything.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I should note I have beat seth once in super and it was on hardest with gief spam so he's easier now???

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay boyos, the list.
    1. Nick T
    2. ChaosHat
    3. Barrabas
    4. SkutSkut
    5. Chamberlain
    6. Radius
    7. EvilMultifarious
    8. SabreMau
    9. Blackbeard7
    10. Kris
    11. TopHatPanda
    12. TheUnsane1
    13. Kinderparty
    14. RxNegative

Three up, three down. Top eight advance (OMGS?!) to playoffs. Examples:

Kinderparty plays Kris, TopHat, unsane, RxNegative, Nick T and ChaosHat. Evil plays SkutSkut, Chamberlain, Radius, Sabremau, Blackbeard and Kris. Save your record, you should save games if you want to win a tie breaker. You need to know who you played, if you won and how the games went. Okay, GO

Your top 8 gentleman, and matches.

Round 1 - FIGHT
    RxNegative 6 - 0
    ChaosHat 2 - 4

Chamberlain 5 - 1
    Convic 4 - 2

EvilMultifarious 5 - 1
    SabreMau 4 - 2

Blackbeard 5 - 1
    Kinderparty 5 - 1

Round 2 - FIGHT
    RxNegative 6 - 0
    Convic Nic 4 - 2

Evil Multifarious 5 - 1
    Blackbeard7 5 - 1

Final round! FIGHT!
    Evil Multifarious 5 - 1
    RxNegative 6 - 0

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seth is annoying in the first fight and then goes completely shit bonkers if you beat him once

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seth is annoying in the first fight and then goes completely shit bonkers if you beat him once

people play arcade mode with more than one round?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I played this for the first time today.

For some reason i'm extremely good with Ibuki, which is................bizarre. Isn't she supposed to be one of the more difficult characters to learn?

Every attack just flows into the next, and she's got agility like nobody's business.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Godfather wrote: »

For some reason i'm extremely good with Ibuki, which is................bizarre. Isn't she supposed to be one of the more difficult characters to learn?

Every attack just flows into the next, and she's got agility like nobody's business.

This kind of agility?
    AD-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695379-300-169.gif

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    good games everyone!

rxnegative, we'll have to play again. the blanka matchup is troublesome.

sabre, i can't help but feel i got lucky on our last match. your gief is terrifying.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »

This kind of agility?
    AD-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695379-300-169.gif

The ability to cross you up and never stop and make people ragequit?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767