Options

Street Fighter: Demon Armageddon, coolest ultra.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, just learn the stupid kick into headstomps into reset or whatever and do it over and over.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just be sure not to throw out stuff too randomly because counter-hit into Ultra = Seth's dead

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So today is easily my worst day with the game. :( I proceeded to lose 15 straight ranked matches with Ibuki as well as tanking my pp from 970 at on point to 300. Bad day to play I guess. Blankasaurus pointed out that I was missing my target combos because I am hitting with the medium punch first, I guess I am back to trying to press buttons in this too fast to be able to do any sort of worth while combos. I suppose that shouldn't shock me since it's a pretty regular issue for me in 2d games.

E: oh and in one awesome match I got Dive Kick tick thrown for all the damage in back to back rounds by an adon player even tho in the replay I mash throw breaks from the second I block to after the throw finished every time and get 1 tech total.. Fuck throws online for me..

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Perhaps he was throwing your throw whiff?

Regardless, sorry for the bad game day =(. Happens to everyone eventually.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    TurboGuardTurboGuard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sabyul wrote: »
    Sanford (Cammy, Sagat) vs Inthul (Fei) feat. Justin Wong commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkPdh-_IU

just self promotin... but i figure you guys wanted to see this one again ;)

Oh go oh god I was going crazy right along with the audience there.

I love watching Sanford get the shit kicked out of him.

TurboGuard on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hrm...so the warnings about the SE stick's fortitude seem to be panning out abit for me, sadly. The thing's stick is being abit wonky - it sometimes doesn't register down right (down forward if your on the P1 side), which if your on the P2 side trying to crouch block...yeah, very bad! I noticed it in training with show inputs on and was like grrrr! Luckily its currently not too big of a deal and doesnt happen alot, but it does seem to be getting abit worse...

Those sanwa parts from lizardlick.com are looking rather attractive (56.25 for all the buttons, stick, and balltop + S&H). Hrm....

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Taking a break from this until I can find a way to avoid tournament level players. 70 game losing streaks aren't fun, surprisingly enough.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is there an incentive for C ranking all characters or something?

hadoken on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hadoken wrote: »

Just the achievement, but I also enjoy forcing myself to become at least effective with all the characters.

Interesting sidenote, getting Viper to C-rank took a few hours and around 70 matches to get the 1000bp needed.

Bison took 45 minutes and went 17-0.

I don't play Bison or anything, he is just stupidly effective.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nice man nice.

Holy shit, my brother and i were 6 years old when we got street fighter alpha 2 on the snes.

Playing it again, its fucking impossible to do any of zangiefs grabs :S. I <3 old street fighter :D

hadoken on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TurboGuard wrote: »

Hatred for the old underdog? Why?

Snare on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Snare wrote: »
    TurboGuard wrote: »

Hatred for the old underdog? Why?

No. No. Inthul was the underdog in this case.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »

Just the achievement, but I also enjoy forcing myself to become at least effective with all the characters.

Interesting sidenote, getting Viper to C-rank took a few hours and around 70 matches to get the 1000bp needed.

Bison took 45 minutes and went 17-0.

I don't play Bison or anything, he is just stupidly effective.

yeah, bison is a character based entirely on fundamentals. he has a great crossup, great pokes, a few easy BnBs and a high-damage throw. tick throws, frame traps, crossups, pokes, and chip damage all day. if you have good fundamentals, as i am sure you do, bison is a character you can just pick up and play.

i swear, against a really defensive player, i do a third of my damage in chip damage.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nice man nice.

Holy shit, my brother and i were 6 years old when we got street fighter alpha 2 on the snes.

Playing it again, its fucking impossible to do any of zangiefs grabs :S. I <3 old street fighter :D

I feel so old...

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i played street fighter (not 2) on the monchrome pc i had.

it is i who is the oldest fossil.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

yeah, bison is a character based entirely on fundamentals. he has a great crossup, great pokes, a few easy BnBs and a high-damage throw. tick throws, frame traps, crossups, pokes, and chip damage all day. if you have good fundamentals, as i am sure you do, bison is a character you can just pick up and play.

i swear, against a really defensive player, i do a third of my damage in chip damage.

Pretty much. I'm not surprised Taramoor did it that quickly since he does know fundamentals.

That's also one reason why I wish I could have a stat that showed how much chip damage I've done during a round because I know Bison does a helluva lot.

I suppose I could watch a replay very slowly and track it, but ugh @ effort.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    GF-BoceifusGF-Boceifus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bwanie wrote: »

I remember there was an original SF arcade cabinet (this was around the time that it came out) at a place where my summer camp used to take us to go swimming.

I did not do much swimming.

If you can find a way to play that game nowadays give it a shot and see how far we've come. I remember doing a dp was nigh impossible for me back in the day, but pulling one off did soooooo much damage. If I remember correctly almost any special move almost took half the opponents life.

Also, I miss seeing the beat up faces of your opponent after a match. Win screens are much better when you not only issue some casual insult (like implying somone would be better off spending time at home with their family) but also see just how bad you beat them up.

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL / GFWL: Boceifus
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Today on "Things ChaosHat Feels Are Incredibly Lame" we talk about Blanka's god damn ridiculous hitbox.

Hi folks. Thanks for tuning in to this episode of TCHFAIL. Today we're going to touch on Blanka, which a lot of people already feel is pretty lame, but we're going to target our hate. We're talking about his hitbox. Frankly, I'm tired of him getting away with my ex legs whiffing after short short when he's crouching, or as I just found out, Ibuki's focus attack totally failing to punish an absorbed amazon river run. Seriously, it went right over him.

This is clearly incredibly lame.

*Roll credits*

*snicker*

chamberlain on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Because I'm too lazy to find the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread. Screen shots. Some old some new, all much higher resolution. Ridiculously high Res. There's going to be some h-scroll rape going on if spoiler is clicked.
    a305039b5759ae460cc7b68b6cf0ef14.jpg?v=202200

78da3c1510f432eeb39bd309f9671a41.jpg?v=202200

69b0ed07fa69419d804b346afec8d996.jpg?v=202200

0c5d49aa97ac6ed01bc021c994bcb59b.jpg?v=202200

94ffa7dfe79bc51f1789ffe7d95040b7.jpg?v=202200

57790ac8414ebbeb8bdb341fd70d8ecb.jpg?v=202200

61fd9c002d1b24b2f7b6379b043268a0.jpg?v=202200

c55d333194fcbba98db56d5931de9ba7.jpg?v=202200

And the original Article:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/05/27/marvel_vs._capcom_3_screens_in_glisteningly_high-res!

p.s. If anyone here is subscribed to the MvC3 thread and wants to quote/move this post over there it would be much appreciated.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I remember there was an original SF arcade cabinet (this was around the time that it came out) at a place where my summer camp used to take us to go swimming.

If you can find a way to play that game nowadays give it a shot and see how far we've come. I remember doing a dp was nigh impossible for me back in the day, but pulling one off did soooooo much damage. If I remember correctly almost any special move almost took half the opponents life.

Also, I miss seeing the beat up faces of your opponent after a match. Win screens are much better when you not only issue some casual insult (like implying somone would be better off spending time at home with their family) but also see just how bad you beat them up.

yup, you'd never know when that fireball would come out, but if it did and hit an opponent that was performing a special he'd be dead.

if he was just standing it'd be about half a bar.

and i never got one out against sagat.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

yup, you'd never know when that fireball would come out, but if it did and hit an opponent that was performing a special he'd be dead.

if he was just standing it'd be about half a bar.

and i never got one out against sagat.

When I had the chance a few years ago to play the game again I did so until I finished Sagat with a shoryuken. Was dissapointed when a scar did not appear :x

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ranbat time tonight picked with the information gained in the vote. Please continue to vote for ranbat days/times if you haven't done so already. Come next tuesday I will shut down the vote.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm in for tonight and glad to see it wasn't moved back. Things can get a little sluggish and drag the time out. Will probably not be near a computer again...

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was aware that the Fei was the underdog, what I was wandering, is why there's hate for Sanford, who USED to be the underdog...?

Snare on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I dunno, Sanford is one of my favorite players. It was still nice to see Inthul do so well, though.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    because sagat

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    because sagat

Oh yeah, he was the one whining about the sagat nerfs, right?

Still seems okay to me otherwise though.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ugh, trials suck. Only 9 left, but I can't get any of them.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Taking a break from this until I can find a way to avoid tournament level players. 70 game losing streaks aren't fun, surprisingly enough.

Isn't there an option when you do a custom search in ranked to get players of the "same skill" level? I think you can search for same or higher ranked players that way. Hope that helps.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Isn't there an option when you do a custom search in ranked to get players of the "same skill" level? I think you can search for same or higher ranked players that way. Hope that helps.

It says same skill but when I get matched up with a guy with 1.8k PP and a 3.4k BP Ryu well...

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

It says same skill but when I get matched up with a guy with 1.8k PP and a 3.4k BP Ryu well...

BP is pretty much "HEY I PICK THIS PERSON ALOT" I mean I have like 500 pp right now and 4200 bp on Ibuki.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Another point I would like to make that a lot of people forget about.

Losing is rough, and a lot of time it hurts because, "I know I should've seen that coming and never attacked there" or "I would've won that round if I just didn't drop that combo".

This can lead to very very bad play when you start thinking like this. I've heard poker players talk about it too, but basically you aren't thinking in the present when you go on long losing streaks like that. Instead, your brain is still focusing on that one mistake that you made many matches ago, and you become very easy to read. Frustration also leads to even more dropped combos and mistakes. The only solution at this point is to take a break from the game.

Hit up training mode, go take the dog for a walk, clean up the kitchen, do anything other than continue playing until you no longer feel the sting from the losses.

The Sanford vs Inthul match that everyone is loving right now is a perfect example of this in my opinion. The last round where Sanford got perfected should never have happened, but Sanford was not thinking about that round. He was still focused on the last round that he lost, and this allowed Inthul to carry the momentum to a perfect. Do you really think Sanford playing in the correct state of mind would've done a wake up tiger uppercut when Inthul wasn't even close to him after the combo post dizzy? Inthul was in his head and the match was already lost.

Basically, you know it's time to stop playing as soon as you hear yourself start a sentence like, "If only I would've...". Take solace in the fact that it happens even to the best players in the country, then go back after you cooled off and you will definetly do better.

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Sanford vs Inthul match that everyone is loving right now is a perfect example of this in my opinion. The last round where Sanford got perfected should never have happened, but Sanford was not thinking about that round. He was still focused on the last round that he lost, and this allowed Inthul to carry the momentum to a perfect. Do you really think Sanford playing in the correct state of mind would've done a wake up tiger uppercut when Inthul wasn't even close to him after the combo post dizzy? Inthul was in his head and the match was already lost. .
    That's my favorite part of fighting games, honestly, the mental part.

Having close matches with someone and then getting into their head as they panic and they start to get crushed is a fantastic feeling.

When it happens in reverse, to me, I chuckle because it's what it's all about :).
    Skutskut wrote:

I want to know how it matches people up, be it by PP or BP.

1.8k isn't really high, but 3.4k BP is okay (even though until you the upper #'s, it really is just "I PLAY A LOT!" as has been said) :(.

Maybe try a lot of endless matches or host endless matches with only room for one to get the confidence level back?

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hell I could be 2k+ PP if I wasn't going for C to shining C and the color chievements :P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    The Sanford vs Inthul match that everyone is loving right now is a perfect example of this in my opinion. The last round where Sanford got perfected should never have happened, but Sanford was not thinking about that round. He was still focused on the last round that he lost, and this allowed Inthul to carry the momentum to a perfect. Do you really think Sanford playing in the correct state of mind would've done a wake up tiger uppercut when Inthul wasn't even close to him after the combo post dizzy? Inthul was in his head and the match was already lost. .

Having close matches with someone and then getting into their head as they panic and they start to get crushed is a fantastic feeling.

When it happens in reverse, to me, I chuckle because it's what it's all about :).
    Skutskut wrote:

1.8k isn't really high, but 3.4k BP is okay (even though until you the upper #'s, it really is just "I PLAY A LOT!" as has been said) :(.

Maybe try a lot of endless matches or host endless matches with only room for one to get the confidence level back?

Most times endless rooms make me feel like I am so much worse at the game then I feel in ranked. I rarely if ever win vs the majority of the PA folks and I don't feel like I improve with time in the matches, normally in longer sessions I feel I get progressively worse off because I don't really have a ton of different tricks it's mostly the same few that once found out leave me in a poor spot.

This said what I should be doing in endless is doing things I DON'T DO NORMALLY. However in the heat of battle I default to my comfort zone.

Any tips to get out of that mindset? Maybe treat endless like training mode and write down some things to attempt to land and keep track of when I land them and vs what/how?

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I win way more in ranked than in endless matches, but in ranked you have to deal with the "random asshole" element of it all.

Ideally, I'd love to have a group for endless who are all around the same skill level so everyone will win on a fairly regular basis. But that's a fairyworld I guess.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

Skutskut wrote:

Most times endless rooms make me feel like I am so much worse at the game then I feel in ranked. I rarely if ever win vs the majority of the PA folks and I don't feel like I improve with time in the matches, normally in longer sessions I feel I get progressively worse off because I don't really have a ton of different tricks it's mostly the same few that once found out leave me in a poor spot.

This said what I should be doing in endless is doing things I DON'T DO NORMALLY. However in the heat of battle I default to my comfort zone.

Any tips to get out of that mindset? Maybe treat endless like training mode and write down some things to attempt to land and keep track of when I land them and vs what/how?

I like to actively restrict myself from doing certain things. For instance, with Abel I used to rely very heavily on safe crossups when I had my opponent knocked down. TT, dash up, pause, jump medium kick will usually beat out SRK's and other wake up moves from most of the cast. However, I relied on it far too much. So when playing either ranked or player matches, I would force myself to not do that ever.

Now, doing this you will lose even more than you already do, but it worked great for teaching me new stuff. I don't think I would've ever learned ambigous roll crossups with Abel if I kept playing the way I was.

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    Because I'm too lazy to find the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread. Screen shots. Some old some new, all much higher resolution. Ridiculously high Res. There's going to be some h-scroll rape going on if spoiler is clicked.

[20 megs of inlined images]

And the original Article:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/05/27/marvel_vs._capcom_3_screens_in_glisteningly_high-res!

p.s. If anyone here is subscribed to the MvC3 thread and wants to quote/move this post over there it would be much appreciated.

Jesus fuck man you inlined like 20 MB of images, learn to link D:

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Matchmaking is done completely based on PP. I fought a 5600 BP Ryu with my 400 BP (at the time) Seth, but our PP was within 100 or so points (2200ish?). And fwiw, his Ryu was garbage. I dunno at what point BP actually means something, but it's not in the 5000 range.

(EDIT) also played a high 4K BP Guile who literally only had 3 buttons... throw, 3P, and 3K... all set to turbo.

aBlank on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The game has to match on PP.

How can it match on BP? The game doesn't know in advance what character you are going to pick.

Inquisitor on