Options

[STEAM] Now for Mac - Launch with 63 Games

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm still missing a fucking grub in Episode 2.

This.

Goddamn grubs.

edit: hmm apparently all my achievements disappeared except for 2

Alegis on
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Were the lambda stashes always there? I never noticed them before, but suddenly I'm aware that every time I see a lambda spraypainted there's a supply stash somewhere nearby.

Yup - they've been there from the start. They're also used as easter eggs, I believe - some trickier to access areas are marked by a Lambda. Can't remember whether 'The all-knowing Vortigaunt' was one of those.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bioptic wrote: »
    Were the lambda stashes always there? I never noticed them before, but suddenly I'm aware that every time I see a lambda spraypainted there's a supply stash somewhere nearby.

Yup - they've been there from the start. They're also used as easter eggs, I believe - some trickier to access areas are marked by a Lambda. Can't remember whether 'The all-knowing Vortigaunt' was one of those.

I don't know if this is just bad memory or what but I swear I did not see one single lambda during the whole game. When I saw donhonks vid, when he went to one, it was the very first time I've seen it.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    johnwing wrote: »
    Don't know where to ask this, but here. Anyone played Knights of Honor? Can anyone recommend it?

It's kinda Total War-ish but real-time and slow paced. The macro game is better than TW with Commander classes and cool espionage. It also has supply lines and realistic sieges.

The battles on the other hand are awful so you should always auto-calculate. Other than that I found it pretty fun and it has some nice mods out.

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bioptic wrote: »

I don't know if this is just bad memory or what but I swear I did not see one single lambda during the whole game. When I saw donhonks vid, when he went to one, it was the very first time I've seen it.

I guess they can kind of get lost when you tune out general graffiti, but they're literally all over the place.

Michael H on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just noticed something about the guns in HL2 that I can't believe I never noticed before. They're recognisable in the dark.

The gravity gun lights up, the pistol has three green dots (somehow you can see them in the dark), the revolver has an orange dot on the tip, the SMG has the laser sight thingy, the ammo on the AR2 lights up, the shotgun has two green dots on it (similar to the pistol), the crossbow bolts glow, the rocket launcher has the laser guide and while I haven't tested it, I'd imagine that all the blue points on the bugbait are visible in the dark.

Only the crowbar and grenades doesn't have something that lights up.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just noticed something about the guns in HL2 that I can't believe I never noticed before. They're recognisable in the dark.

The gravity gun lights up, the pistol has three green dots (somehow you can see them in the dark), the revolver has an orange dot on the tip, the SMG has the laser sight thingy, the ammo on the AR2 lights up, the shotgun has two green dots on it (similar to the pistol), the crossbow bolts glow, the rocket launcher has the laser guide and while I haven't tested it, I'd imagine that all the blue points on the bugbait are visible in the dark.

Only the crowbar and grenades doesn't have something that lights up.

I noticed that early on in the tunnels. Works great with the conveniently lighted Combine troops!

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    big lbig l Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alegis wrote: »

This.

Goddamn grubs.

Anybody who got all the grubs is a sicko

big l on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    I managed to get the "get through Ravenholm using only the gravity gun" achievement last night. Not too bad, but fuck those headcrabbed dudes who throw poison headcrabs at you.

To this very day those guys still scare the shit out of me.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The games can be plenty creepy, but nothing tends to outright scare me outside of getting hit by a barnacle out of fucking nowhere and getting dragged up. Scares the hell out of me.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I would totally buy that Splinter Cell pack if not for the DRM. Also the fact that Pandora Tomorrow isn't in there for some reason.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

This.

Goddamn grubs.

I wear the fact that I have not gotten stupid achievements as a badge of pride. It's like I have an "I am not controlled by grubs" achievement. The icon is me running by and ignoring a grub, shooting a rock at an antlion instead.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Achievementsssssssssssssssssssss

Alegis on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Roshin wrote: »
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I would totally buy that Splinter Cell pack if not for the DRM. Also the fact that Pandora Tomorrow isn't in there for some reason.

Not that I'd say that PT is worth replaying, but why isn't it available anyway? Didn't CT also have StarForce which was patched out?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, there is no starforce on the Steam version of CT.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    big l wrote: »

This.

Goddamn grubs.

Anybody who got all the grubs is a sicko

When I played through episode 2 last year, I was missing a single grub after the caves. That motivated me to say, 'Fuck it, I'm getting this thing so I'll never think about it in future play-throughs.'

I didn't use a FAQ for every single grub, because that would just get annoying. I just decided on a couple 'check-points' and used a FAQ to see how many I should have gotten by then. If I missed some, I reloaded and ran through the section again. It didn't take all that long.

Bruce Forsyth on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God I hope we get some sort of Episode 3 info at E3 this year.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God I hope we get some sort of Episode 3 info at E3 this year.

All it has to be is an announcement that ends with the words "...is not cancelled."

Because, quite frankly, anything more than that will be an actual surprise.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Duke Nukem/Episode 3 Crossover.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I made it all the way to Nova Prospekt while noticing there was something missing, but I couldn't figure out what. Then I saw that video donhonk posted and I realized I was missing those two brackets that go around the crosshairs. I wonder why they disappeared? After a bit of searching, I found I was able to get them back with this console command:
    hud_quickinfo 1

...just in case anyone else ran into this issue.

SteevL on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    huh. so HL2 runs ok on my macbook. though load times are looong and i get occasional slow down.

have no idea what i am doing though

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Shoot mans.

Impersonator on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    mts wrote: »
    huh. so HL2 runs ok on my macbook. though load times are looong and i get occasional slow down.

The load times seem a lot longer to me actually. And I used to play it on my Dell laptop...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

The load times seem a lot longer to me actually. And I used to play it on my Dell laptop...

They do seem a bit longer for me as well. And the game doesn't perform as well as it does on the Windows side in general.

But for fucks sake I'm just thankful that I can play the fucker without having to restart the computer.

That and audio in Windows in Boot Camp sounded like a tin can for me for some retarded reason.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    alset85 wrote: »
    johnwing wrote: »
    Don't know where to ask this, but here. Anyone played Knights of Honor? Can anyone recommend it?

It's kinda Total War-ish but real-time and slow paced. The macro game is better than TW with Commander classes and cool espionage. It also has supply lines and realistic sieges.

The battles on the other hand are awful so you should always auto-calculate. Other than that I found it pretty fun and it has some nice mods out.

Thx. I think I will buy it then :)

johnwing on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    GOG has a nice weekend deal. 50% off on the Jagged Alliance games. :D

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh nice! Better to get them on GoG, steam version has issues.

Arrath on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wish the Steam overlay worked with Jagged Alliance 2...or at least the GoG version of JA2.

SteevL on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wish the Steam overlay worked with Jagged Alliance 2...or at least the GoG version of JA2.

Doesn't the Steam overlay work with non-Steam games that you add to Steam? I thought that was the benefit of doing it.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Centipeed wrote: »

Doesn't the Steam overlay work with non-Steam games that you add to Steam? I thought that was the benefit of doing it.

Not necessarily. It definitely doesn't work with the GOG version of JA2. The only guaranteed benefit of adding a non-steam game to your steam game list is only having to go to one place to start any of your games.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Centipeed wrote: »

There are some old games it doesn't work with. For example it doesn't work with the Oddworld games, even though I've bought those through Steam. I believe it also doesn't work with anything that runs through DOSBox.

Peewi on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just bought DA and its expansion on Impulse. It was 40% off. I am weak.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I bought Dark Void on GFWL for $9.99
    - I'm actually enjoying it...

Hawk on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've actually been wanting to pick up Dark Void for a while now. I just had so much else to play at release that I couldn't justify picking it up at full price. I'll probably jump on that.

Monger on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Has anyone played Dark Void Zero? I know the whole "Lost project from the 80s found in the Capcom vaults and re-released" was some bullshit made up by their marketing team, and I think that having system requirements of a 2.5GHz P4 or a 1.6GHz Core2Duo as well as 512MB/1GB of RAM and a DX9 256MB GPU are pretty ridiculous for a "retro 8-bit" game (it's a mark of sloppy coding), but it looks like Halloween Harry with more guns, and I am intrigued.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Has anyone played Dark Void Zero? I know the whole "Lost project from the 80s found in the Capcom vaults and re-released" was some bullshit made up by their marketing team, and I think that having system requirements of a 2.5GHz P4 or a 1.6GHz Core2Duo as well as 512MB/1GB of RAM and a DX9 256MB GPU are pretty ridiculous for a "retro 8-bit" game (it's a mark of sloppy coding), but it looks like Halloween Harry with more guns, and I am intrigued.

Played the DSi Version, which was plenty fun, though definitely on par with actual 80's games in terms of difficulty.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The game is ok. It's a handful of stages, and they're pretty long for an action platformer.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The Gratuitous Space Battles sale on D2D is tempting, but I'll hold out until it's on sale via Steam.

Michael H on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Michael H wrote: »
    The Gratuitous Space Battles sale on D2D is tempting, but I'll hold out until it's on sale via Steam.

I see no sale on such a thing. o_O Still overpriced on my D2D.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Michael H wrote: »

I see no sale on such a thing. o_O Still overpriced on my D2D.

Whoopsie doodle; I meant Impulse, not D2D. My bad.

Michael H on