As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Threadless submission - Jake's Thread

123457»

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ...I don't really understand what I'm looking at with that poster. Might just be my bias, though; Whenever I read or hear Sagan's infamous quote, I tend to visualize our precious little marble resting before an ominous push-broom.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Jake!Jake! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Ender: Hopefully this works better.

DivLk.jpg

Cheers Napp; I think I'd like to keep the length even if it is overly long, as I don't want to loose too much of the original (I see it almost as a poem rather than a one-liner, in fact if the comp allowed I'd place each line seperatley).

Jake! on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GRNzI.jpg

New poster. Firefox is going to fuck up the colours in this big style.

Jake! on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The quote is "Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not the reason we are doing it"

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If we're being pick then lets at least be accurate and picky :P. The original quote is 'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it' - Richard P. Feynman'

Jake! on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well my face is red. That'll teach me to check it by looking at somebody else's sig.

The point stands, having something close but not quite isn't a good thing.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Why does that matter? I think this version reads better, and applies the same idea to a larger sphere (ie science rather than physics).

Jake! on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's a quote that I hate because credit should be given where it is due.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    -Albert Einstein

And here's a definition to remember while drawing from other people's ideas.

plagiarism
    n. The unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work. (dictionary.com)

Always cite your sources for stuff like this.

Paradise on