Options

The reign of the Captain Americas?

JCMJCM Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
First off, the Punisher is dressing up as Cap as he takes on some old nazi villains. He is also using caps original mask, which he took when Cap surrendered.

cap1aq2.jpg
alt cover
cap2jd2.jpg
inside page
cap3cx0.jpg

Second, The Winter Soldier, now has Captain America´s shield, according to wiki-
The Winter Soldier, as shown on the cover to Captain America Vol. 5 #26, has appeared to have retrieved his former partner's shield and is looking to avenge his death.

So we have the cold-blooded killer and the cyborg, and a young Cap in young Avengers... all we´re missing is the token black dude, anyway with World War Hulk a cold-blooded "Captain Punishment" and a former Russian assasin out for blood, I´d hate to be Iron Man or a SHIELD agent these days.

JCM on

• Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How would everyone feel if Josiah X took on the role? Do most people even know who he is?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Punisher's Captain costume doesn't actually look that bad to me. I was convinced it was going to suck.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    all we´re missing is the token black dude
    Oh Falcon, it's your cue!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Olivaw wrote: »
    The Punisher's Captain costume doesn't actually look that bad to me. I was convinced it was going to suck.

sure, if you like goggles and a bunch of little pouches.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Josiah X SOULD be the new Captain America. Hell, his grandfather was the first Cap, right? I don't see why not.

Transporter on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I thought Patriot was the token black dude.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nogs wrote: »

sure, if you like goggles and a bunch of little pouches.

I do

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    And god WHY THE FUCK IS THE PUNISHER WEARING GOGGLES DAMN IT, THAT COSTUME WOULD BE FINE IF HE JUST TOOK OFF THE GODDAMN GOGGLES

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Josiah X SOULD be the new Captain America. Hell, his grandfather was the first Cap, right? I don't see why not.

The only explanation for why not that comes to mind is the fact that most people are unfamiliar with the character, though the Isaiah Bradley legacy is still getting some mentions here and there, with Patriot being most persistent reminder of it.

It would help if they gave Josiah X a few issues in Captain America to establish his right to the legacy, on top of saying what the fuck he's been doing since The Crew.

I actually think Winter Soldier would be a terrible choice, despite being the obvious one. He doesn't exactly inspire in the same way Steve Rogers did, what with being Mr. War Crime, and being Captain America doesn't really gibe with his current skill set either.

Falcon would be alright, though you'd have to give the Cap outfit a set of wings.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

You need the token black dude to pick up the mantle after. Like Steel. Or Token from South Park. I'm hoping its Patriot's grandfather.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

The only explanation for why not that comes to mind is the fact that most people are unfamiliar with the character, though the Isaiah Bradley legacy is still getting some mentions here and there, with Patriot being most persistent reminder of it.

It would help if they gave Josiah X a few issues in Captain America to establish his right to the legacy, on top of saying what the fuck he's been doing since The Crew.

I actually think Winter Soldier would be a terrible choice, despite being the obvious one. He doesn't exactly inspire in the same way Steve Rogers did, what with being Mr. War Crime, and being Captain America doesn't really gibe with his current skill set either.

Falcon would be alright, though you'd have to give the Cap outfit a set of wings.

I don't know, I think the Winter Soldier would be a perfect replacement. Part of the reason Cap got called out was that he wasn't in tune with modern America. Well it could be argued that a part of that comes from the fact that Cap has a spotless moral record, something American definitely does not have in these modern times. The WS could be seen as a more relevant metaphor for the the American ideal. Someone who has a few blemishes in their past but all in all has the heart and spirit to represent the "American ideal".
    In short, America isn't perfect and neither is WS.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

I don't know, I think the Winter Soldier would be a perfect replacement. Part of the reason Cap got called out was that he wasn't in tune with modern America.

Are you trying to give me apoplexy?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't think Winter Soldier could judge himself as worthy to take on the mantle.

Why do we need a new Captain America anyway? Anyone who puts on the suit isn't going to be Captain America, so what's the point?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

bald eagle costume?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Steagle Cobeagle the Eagle?

Tach on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Nogs wrote: »

bald eagle costume?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They need to do that in Marvel, after all they do have a Falcon and a Vulture

JCM on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The thing is, Punisher is one of the heroes that actually needs pouches.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    And god WHY THE FUCK IS THE PUNISHER WEARING GOGGLES DAMN IT, THAT COSTUME WOULD BE FINE IF HE JUST TOOK OFF THE GODDAMN GOGGLES

they do nothing

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Good point. He needs somewhere to put those landmines/bombs/bullets/grenades/knives

JCM on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Those are really tiny pouches, though.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Good point. He needs somewhere to put those landmines/bombs/bullets/grenades/knives

I've always wondered where he kept his ammo.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I've always wondered where he kept his ammo.

Punisher_001.jpg

Traditionally he wears clips around the waist, with huge clips incorporated into the bottom part of the skull emblem.

Not so much these days, now that he wears a t-shirt all the time.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Now that the Captain America tag is up for grabs, maybe Captain $@*! can make a play for it?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've said it before.

Superboy = Patriot (young version)

Cyborg = Winter Soldier with his metal arm

Steel = Falcon (black guy inspired by the hero, not actually claiming his mantle)

Eradicator = Punisher

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

He was a drug addict

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Something doesn't seem quite right about a person being ruled out of taking up a super-soldier's legacy due to dependance on chemical substances. Besides, isn't that in his past?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Patriot got a transfusion from Isaiah Bradley, so he presumably has legitimate super-soldier powers now.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I don't know, I think the Winter Soldier would be a perfect replacement. Part of the reason Cap got called out was that he wasn't in tune with modern America.

Are you trying to give me apoplexy?

No. I also agree that the whole "not relevant" argument is shit but it is what it is.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Patriot got a transfusion from Isaiah Bradley, so he presumably has legitimate super-soldier powers now.
    That's what I thought.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sharon Carter might be a possibility too.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Another hypocritical bitch? Hooray!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Hypocritical? I don't know a lot about her.

AmericanDream.JPG

I don't think the Captain America outfit works great for females (looks like she's balding), though it doesn't necessarily have to look like that.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Eh, I don't like it.

Winter Soldier would be an alright replacement, I don't really know much about the character outside of his appearance from Ultimate Alliance. I figure with his former mentor and partner dead, it would be enough motivation to change his colors.

The Punisher doesn't really have restraint or patriotism to be Cap, he's close to Ultimate Cap I suppose, but even then Ultimate Cap is someone that loves his country and the serving thereof. Maybe instead of looking for replacements in continuity they could just make a new character that takes up the mantle. Be better than having a bunch of characters that don't really fit the mold.

BornToHula on
    steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Hypocritical? I don't know a lot about her.

I don't think the Captain America outfit works great for females (looks like she's balding), though it doesn't necessarily have to look like that.

Wait, Sharon Carter is the Shield agent that was with Cap when he was shot, right?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Didn't some mutant or psychic make her think she killed cap?

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Didn't some mutant or psychic make her think she killed cap?

I thought she actually was the one who killed him, under the influence of Doctor Faustus.

Would that be a first, taking on the mantle of somebody you killed?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't think she was the one to actually kill him, I thought it was just a "suggestion" they used on her for some purpose that we'll see in the later books.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't think she was the one to actually kill him, I thought it was just a "suggestion" they used on her for some purpose that we'll see in the later books.

Then who killed him?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Then who killed him?

The sniper, I think

Wiki says:
    The assassination, orchestrated by the Red Skull, involves Crossbones deployed as the sniper. In addition, Dr. Faustus, posing as a S.H.I.E.L.D. psychiatrist, has manipulated Sharon Carter and implanted in her mind a hypnotic suggestion that she believes caused her to shoot Rogers at the crucial moment.

smokmnky on