As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shut the door. Have a seat.

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    on the other side of the show
    freddy seemed like a dick there for a bit

natek on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    natek wrote: »
    on the other side of the show
    freddy seemed like a dick there for a bit
    He is actually very old fashioned, Peggy was just afraid she was going to drive him back to the bottle

Javen on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!
    glen is creepy as hell. i think he's trying to get betty to move away because she stopped being friends with him. when he was talking to sally on the phone he sounded like he had it all figured out, and he just assumed that him being a creep/making Betty think there are vandals in the neighbourhood would drive them away faster.

seeing freddy again was awesome, especially when everyone was mystified that he wasn't drinking. and that phone call to another AA guy after the guy met with Roger was great to watch. since i know all about AA and what it entails, of course i knew what was going on but peggy was just lost.

as for peggy, she uh, totally lied to that poor schmuck about being a virgin. and when freddy called her old fashioned, and she said 'no, i'm not!' i had to laugh, partly because of her history and partly because of the irony of it all.

also i want a joan christmas gift :(

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I want the Lucky Strikes guy to get his so badly. He is the devil.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hahahaha when Harry had to sit on Rogers lap.

'...Sorry, sorry, sorry...'

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I love Harry, but I still miss Cosgrove. He was the only actually nice character. He only wanted to be friends with everyone!

Langly on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    my thoughts!
    glen is creepy as hell. i think he's trying to get betty to move away because she stopped being friends with him. when he was talking to sally on the phone he sounded like he had it all figured out, and he just assumed that him being a creep/making Betty think there are vandals in the neighbourhood would drive them away faster.

seeing freddy again was awesome, especially when everyone was mystified that he wasn't drinking. and that phone call to another AA guy after the guy met with Roger was great to watch. since i know all about AA and what it entails, of course i knew what was going on but peggy was just lost.

as for peggy, she uh, totally lied to that poor schmuck about being a virgin. and when freddy called her old fashioned, and she said 'no, i'm not!' i had to laugh, partly because of her history and partly because of the irony of it all.

i think glen's transferred his creepy betty obsession onto sally and he vandalized the house because she said she hated it and wants to leave. man I hope sally and glen don't go all pre-teen bonnie and clyde on us

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

Oh man, I totally forgot that he was friends with Betty.

See, that's why I like this show, it's very consistent with itself. It's clear that the writers actually care about what has happened in previous seasons, even if it happened 3 years ago. Like
    Peggy's boyfriend saying that he wanted to de-virginize her, and she just played along. I completely forgot that she had Campbell's baby because that was all Seasons 1 and 2.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I want the Lucky Strikes guy to get his so badly. He is the devil.

haha he is such a bastard, but so is Roger. They're basically the same type of person. The only difference in this situation is Roger is the subordinate.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

i think glen's transferred his creepy betty obsession onto sally and he vandalized the house because she said she hated it and wants to leave. man I hope sally and glen don't go all pre-teen bonnie and clyde on us
    that does sound more realistic. part of me wants him to still be crazy for bets, though. that would bring the creepiness up for me.

honestly i can't decide if that kid is a good actor or not. sally is phenomenal, and whoever plays her brother is fantastic, i love that kid.

'i love sweet potatoes!'

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

See, that's why I like this show, it's very consistent with itself. It's clear that the writers actually care about what has happened in previous seasons, even if it happened 3 years ago. Like
    Peggy's boyfriend saying that he wanted to de-virginize her, and she just played along. I completely forgot that she had Campbell's baby because that was all Seasons 1 and 2.

i know! to use breaking bad as an example again, when something from the past comes up in the show, the effect is almost always seen immediately. mad men, on the other hand, is way more subtle. i still can't remember why freddy was averse to pete helping him with his account. but i didn't remember the peggy thing until after the show was over!

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

that does sound more realistic. part of me wants him to still be crazy for bets, though. that would bring the creepiness up for me.

honestly i can't decide if that kid is a good actor or not. sally is phenomenal, and whoever plays her brother is fantastic, i love that kid.

'i love sweet potatoes!'

the kid who plays glen is matthew weiner's son! i find that a little odd for some reason

i agree, the girl who plays sally is fantastic.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

'i love sweet potatoes!'
    I think the kids that play Glen and Sally are both great. Sally had that great string of episodes revolving around Grandpa Gene, and Glen's actor sells his character's creepiness so well. I mean, the kid has put together layers of creepiness that work so damn well.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

i know! to use breaking bad as an example again, when something from the past comes up in the show, the effect is almost always seen immediately. mad men, on the other hand, is way more subtle. i still can't remember why freddy was averse to pete helping him with his account. but i didn't remember the peggy thing until after the show was over!
    pretty sure pete had something to do with getting freddy fired?

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

It was also the reason why
    They showed a clip of Peggy and Duck talking about fucking like rabbits in the "previously on mad men" bit.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

pretty sure pete had something to do with getting freddy fired?
    he is why Freddy got fired. He told on him and demanded it.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ohhhh right
    when freddy pissed himself. pete must've been all, 'well freddy, it's great that you're back but i can't be the only one in wanting to know how you didn't piss yourself from walking into the room and sitting down?

god, and that marketing guy complaining about the civil rights movement and the passing of medicare. I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    my thoughts!

It was also the reason why
    They showed a clip of Peggy and Duck talking about fucking like rabbits in the "previously on mad men" bit.

Ah, I missed that part.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    how far along is rubicon right now? was last night the premiere?

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ep. 2

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah, it's just two episodes in. The first episode had shown a few times but last night was the official start, which was the first two back to back.

Langly on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my thoughts!

I agree. She said she hated it there, so him vandalizing them to get them to leave was just his super creepy way of doing something nice. Which is why he also left that twine thing.

Javen on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    finally watching the new episode

Nora Zehetner is in it! that is awesome, I always love when she crops up places

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    she and i have the same birthday, so we're practically married

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ooh wow don, dick move

simulposting:

wow owch eee ow jesus owch this is awful oh god

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Every time I see this thread title I can't help but think of N*E*R*D

Cool down

Have a seat

Wipe your face

Have a drink it's on me

I just had to say that, continue your discussion of the show.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just finished Season 1. This show rules.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MAAAAAAAAAD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hey penis

happy new years

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DAMMIT I HATE THIS MAD MEN EPISODE

fuck you mad men

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I LOVE THIS EPISODE OF MAD MEN

i love you mad men

natek on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This episode was so baller.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think my posts summed it up perfectly

look at my posts

look at me being the only one discussing mad men while mad men was on

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I still have two hours before it airs here!

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    maybe you should not live in a butty time zone

natek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    you know what's going on here, don'tchya?

natek on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    man lane is so awesome

simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    His father is Richard Harris, and his step father is Rex Harrison!

Langly on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Don and Lane palling around was pretty awesome.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This episode was great. Loved it.

Bad-Beat on