[Chat]tack Dog

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Morning chatbros.

Happy friday!

Happy friday fire!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't watch it either

because frankly it was kind of boring

oh no I'm hating

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone else in the CO tutorial always leave Defender standing at the first beacon while clearing out the rest of the room so he doesn't killsteal you?

Or am I a crazy person?

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    winky i win

Which contest between us?

I have a hard time keeping track of them all.

Winky on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I'd hate to be a character designer for a cartoon studio.

I'd totally be paranoid like "Is this character going to be associated with a sexual act in 20 years?"

Just curious, but would you be paranoid that it would be associated, or would you be paranoid it wouldn't?

Cinders on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pony doesn't deserve to be a diamond.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    also realized a long time ago that even though i really do like the penny arcade comic (i post here, after all!), i actually can't relate all that much to mike and jerry as people

they're sort of a world apart from me, in a lot of ways, and outside of nerdy hobbies i share little in common with them

so something like PATV that follows around their lives and stuff, i'm just really not that interested in it.

So what you're saying is you kind of suck and can't relate to awesome people who are amusing and entertaining?

Dude, that's gotta suck.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'd totally be paranoid like "Is this character going to be associated with a sexual act in 20 years?"

At least your cartoon would be remembered in 20 years.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone else in the CO tutorial always leave Defender standing at the first beacon while clearing out the rest of the room so he doesn't killsteal you?

Or am I a crazy person?

all

the

time

Arch on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They're worlds apart from everyone insofar as their occupation, but being able to see them in their elements can help tear down a little bit of that opaque wall. For me it started with their podcasts, which I miss. Its like, wow, they're not just tycho and gabe, but they have faces, voices, families, weird quirks just like the rest of us. The podcast really had some fun exchanges too.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2010
    Oh thank God it's the weekend.

Bogart on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

Galahad on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Yes.

The answer is yes.

I wish I had some artistic ability, I'd draw up some parodies of He-Man characters

Like a dude with a donkey face and a big fist named "Donkey Punch"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

Just curious, but would you be paranoid that it would be associated, or would you be paranoid it wouldn't?

:winky:

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i also like black sabbath and ozzy's solo work but i didn't watch the Osbournes, y'know?

i'm generally uninterested in what goes on in the lives of those who entertain me

i can't dig celebrity gossip, and i'm really ambivalent towards reality TV shows or documentaries about them or their lives

i like the show Louie, even though that's heavily based on Louis CK's real life experiences, but it's a TV show that is highly fictionalized for comedic effect and shit

so that's okay. that's just a sitcom based on a dude's life.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think I watched one or two PATVs about mainly D&D because I find it interesting but that was a really slow day anyway

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Morning chatbros.

Happy friday!

Happy friday fire!

Thanks Preach!

So much junk to get done in the next few days! My penance for being lazy all week. Need luggage. Need to pack said luggage. Need a haircut.

Hey east coast people is it warm or hot or what out there right now?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Or am I a crazy person?

i also do this

also because if you're far enough away you don't have to hear his rubbish dialogue so much

Pony on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    *cough cough*

I have my computer connected to a 61" tv...

Yeah, but you're also a huge jerkwad who thinks that he's too cool to hang out with DUE and Moniker and Notch and Demurist and I.

Matt and his wife hung out with me

maybe he's just looking for a higher class of forumer

another couple they can go to trivia with
    Trivia is awesome. I actually have an old account with a bunch of players plus points on it. I can't remember the password though.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    so who's up for some fisting

your rectum or mine?

both

will it involve Nuetella?

only if you ate it a few hours ago

if you put some on your hand too will the two combine and cause some kind of Nuetella ass sigularilty?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Yes.

The answer is yes.

I wish I had some artistic ability, I'd draw up some parodies of He-Man characters

Like a dude with a donkey face and a big fist named "Donkey Punch"

This is a dumb waste of art skills.

You could be drawing naked ladies instead of doing that.

Winky on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Morning chatbros.

Happy friday!

Happy friday fire!

Thanks Preach!

So much junk to get done in the next few days! My penance for being lazy all week. Need luggage. Need to pack said luggage. Need a haircut.

Hey east coast people is it warm or hot or what out there right now?

it is hot as balls

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i also like black sabbath and ozzy's solo work but i didn't watch the Osbournes, y'know?

i'm generally uninterested in what goes on in the lives of those who entertain me

i can't dig celebrity gossip, and i'm really ambivalent towards reality TV shows or documentaries about them or their lives

i like the show Louie, even though that's heavily based on Louis CK's real life experiences, but it's a TV show that is highly fictionalized for comedic effect and shit

Mike and Jerry have the dream job for a lot of geeks.

They play video games, talk about their opinions, and make enough money to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in Seattle.

Feral on

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so who's up for some fisting

your rectum or mine?

both

will it involve Nuetella?

only if you ate it a few hours ago

if you put some on your hand too will the two combine and cause some kind of Nuetella ass sigularilty?

pootella

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    also realized a long time ago that even though i really do like the penny arcade comic (i post here, after all!), i actually can't relate all that much to mike and jerry as people

they're sort of a world apart from me, in a lot of ways, and outside of nerdy hobbies i share little in common with them

so something like PATV that follows around their lives and stuff, i'm just really not that interested in it.

So what you're saying is you kind of suck and can't relate to awesome people who are amusing and entertaining?

Dude, that's gotta suck.

yessss

yessss get defensive about something i'm mildly uninterested in and take that shit personally

you are filling my power crystal

Pony on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

I am going to be honest

My half-indian roomate made curry all the time and then I was like

you know what? My turn

She said it was better than her mother's

I out-curried an indian woman without using meat products

Arch on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Hey, you guys should all check out the SE++ Comic Edits thread.

It's been pretty excellent today.

Part 1 (spoilered for large)

194482-1KQM9IG.jpg
    I lol'ed Arang.

Part 2 of mine:
    194548-KOTXM4N.jpg
    Part 3 (one more to go):
    194663-76VJUGD.jpg

Probably won't finish til sometime tonight.

Sheep on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

Yeah, forget separate bathrooms, if I'm ever rich I'm making separate kitchens for my wife and I. It's not so much we cook different things, just our kitchen habits are diametrically opposed. She's pretty haphazard, leaving everything scattered all over the place, I'm more a get all the ingredients out and put each one away as you use it, and use as few pans/pots as possible person.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Or am I a crazy person?

Goddamnit, Jeep! You have to destroy THAT beacon first!

IT WILL DRIVE THE QULAAR CRAZY!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got it. Hot as balls.

I am awful at going west to east. It's like winter in SF, so there's a good chance I'll be a dumb and pack a huge wool coat or something.

Cause weather is the same everywhere and shit.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Getting mad at pony for being pony is like yelling at a river for going downstream.

It's like, man, what's the point?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Mike and Jerry have the dream job for a lot of geeks.

They play video games, talk about their opinions, and make enough money to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in Seattle.

and i get how that's really interesting for some people, how they're fascinated by it, etc.

but not me, man

i get why other people like it, this isn't me going "jeez why do people watch this?"

i get why they do

i just wonder if people like quizzy can get why i don't

or if they're just gonna keep on taking it personally

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I think I watched one or two PATVs about mainly D&D because I find it interesting but that was a really slow day anyway

Some of the 4th panels are really hilarious. Like the one where Mike is trying to remember the song and they talk about douching.

Winky on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    oh dang, I found a pretty simple crepes recipe

I might do some

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A reminder that Django has been added to Netflix. It's perhaps the most violent western ever made, and had all kinds of weird influence on later films.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Dude, that's gotta suck.

yessss

yessss get defensive about something i'm mildly uninterested in and take that shit personally

you are filling my power crystal

Is this a joke? This is a joke. People can't really care that we don't really care about the lives of someone they care about.

Can they?

I mean, that's crazy.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2010
    Those edits are pretty fucking great.

Bogart on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love Pony's anti-nerd rage nerdrage

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My god that is epic.

Feral on

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Inq is just being a hotshot because he did pretty well in Monday Night Combat last night

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.