Options

[Chat]tack Dog

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

He does have a way with words sometimes.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    apparently i'm not allowed to be uninterested in anything without someone insulting me for it

that's pretty lame, guys

you have to like everything; otherwise yous hatin'

apparently saying "hey guys this thing isn't really something that interests me" is "being Pony"

which i guess, on some philosophical level, it is!

insofar as anything i say about me is "being me", but that's some really esoteric, Podly-esque bullshit man

welcome to my world

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    c593fce6086f7f68629f54ba79ab0602_JA2_Reloaded_2010_m_comp_01__1600_x_1200__724x482.z.jpg

Jagged Alliance 2 is getting re-polished.

I'm reasonably excited as I have heard good things about these games

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    is that from that new game or whatever frosteey?

It is from an old game. He's smoking!

i dont know what game it is then

that is not my style i dont think

I think it suits you : (

how so?

if you think i am a dashing-looking cel shaded man then i am pretty flattered, honestly

Arch on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That was a good article Preacher.

Well, I'm off to the beach to hopefully tan and not burn. See you guys.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Nah, Pony coming in and posting a controversial opinion and trying to rile up the other side and then being all "guys stop persecuting meeee" is pretty much is modus operandi.

Which is what I mean when I say pony is being pony.

controversial opinion?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    actually i have watched it in the past which is how i know i am not interested in it

so!

there's no "persecution complex" at work here man. just you making a bunch of assumptions and being kind of a goose towards me because you like a thing i don't

Well you were posting like you'd never watched it, what with thinking the whole series was about chiptunes and all. So, whoops silly assumption on my part, but of course, you are making a bunch of assumptions too so, eh.

except that wasn't what i said

i said
    i was told today's was about gamer culture and chip-tunes

i

i think this is not a thing that is for me, sir

today's

that is what i said

perhaps you should take a little more time to read my posts before you get all defensive, eh bro

Pony on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know, I'd vote for Roger Ebert for president, he's a moderate voice with experience. If his health wasn't sing song and he didn't have a voice I'd say he'd make a good one. My god Godzilla is becoming real...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"
    Yeah, forget separate bathrooms, if I'm ever rich I'm making separate kitchens for my wife and I. It's not so much we cook different things, just our kitchen habits are diametrically opposed. She's pretty haphazard, leaving everything scattered all over the place, I'm more a get all the ingredients out and put each one away as you use it, and use as few pans/pots as possible person.

See, I get enough "following directions" in the day from the lab.

So I usually take recipes more as suggestion than anything else. I am very much from the chaos school of cooking. The fiancee is very much a follow the directions type. So if we are cooking together I'll be, "add some ingredient X" "How much" "A bit" "No, how much." "Just enough, not too much." "WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT!" "Somewhere between a pinch and a palmfull, I dunno, a bit!"

it is so satisfying to go from "if you don't use exactly 1 ug of this stuff your experiment is shot to hell" to "fuck it dude just put some dang cayenne in there who fuckin cares"
    Ugh, cayenne. Nickie put some in an apple pie because she was out of cinnamon, to give it a little "kick".

Threw the whole thing away, it was mouth-blisteringly bad.

:edit: 1 ug? Did you really mean microgram?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Frosteey, I gotta ask. What's up with the space in your emoticons? Do you find the images that the board puts in that ugly or somethin'?

This is for curiosity's sake, not because I care which way you do it. I just always notice for some reason. "Why didn't the board turn that into an im... ooooooh, spaces!"

It is how I have always made them so it is how I make them now. I do think the ones most forums use are pretty ugly though. I think a regular one without a space probably looks worse than the images most forums use.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"
    Yeah, forget separate bathrooms, if I'm ever rich I'm making separate kitchens for my wife and I. It's not so much we cook different things, just our kitchen habits are diametrically opposed. She's pretty haphazard, leaving everything scattered all over the place, I'm more a get all the ingredients out and put each one away as you use it, and use as few pans/pots as possible person.

So I usually take recipes more as suggestion than anything else. I am very much from the chaos school of cooking. The fiancee is very much a follow the directions type. So if we are cooking together I'll be, "add some ingredient X" "How much" "A bit" "No, how much." "Just enough, not too much." "WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT!" "Somewhere between a pinch and a palmfull, I dunno, a bit!"

it is so satisfying to go from "if you don't use exactly 1 ug of this stuff your experiment is shot to hell" to "fuck it dude just put some dang cayenne in there who fuckin cares"
    Ugh, cayenne. Nickie put some in an apple pie because she was out of cinnamon, to give it a little "kick".

wuss

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    a buddy of mine made tarheel pie with some cayenne in it

"spiced chocolate"

it was delicious!

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    cayenne in desserts is the best thing; then again my favorite flavor combination is sweet+spicy

Arch on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    will, why do you mod a forum that you hate :x : x :X

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    how are you guys today?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    today's

that is what i said

perhaps you should take a little more time to read my posts before you get all defensive, eh bro

Yes, and then I explained that today's was Reformat the Planet which is solely something that 2 player productions is doing and has absolutely nothing to do with PA except for PA being nice enough to put up some of 2 players stuff during their lull between seasons.

Try to keep up with the conversation, champ. :P

Anyway, now, to the beach!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

how so?

if you think i am a dashing-looking cel shaded man then i am pretty flattered, honestly

I think you could totally rough some people up for noble purposes and smoke and look cool! Also intimidate things that's like the most important part after the smoking.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    c593fce6086f7f68629f54ba79ab0602_JA2_Reloaded_2010_m_comp_01__1600_x_1200__724x482.z.jpg

Jagged Alliance 2 is getting re-polished.

I'm reasonably excited as I have heard good things about these games

y e s s s s s s s s s

desc on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    That Ebert article was a good read. He always comes across as a deeply sane dude.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    how are you guys today?

combative : 3
    i am so sorry frosteey

Arch on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

wuss
    I ate an entire piece. I thought maybe I'd just gotten a clump of spice in it or something (I didn't know she'd used cayenne) and didn't want to be all "Yuck your pie is terrible". She took a bite and spit it out.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

how so?

I think you could totally rough some people up for noble purposes and smoke and look cool! Also intimidate things that's like the most important part after the smoking.

now i am interested more, and definitely flattered

Arch on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm really sick of google's new image search, with its anti-stealing code (can't drag images from the js popup) and weird ass use or frames or something that causes me to not be able to scroll the pages I land on after searching.
    Right click, view image. Copy/paste.

On some websites, that doesn't come up as an option. Instead, it acts like I clicked on plain text and I get "View Frame Source" etc as my context menu options. It's something about google's CSS or something that interferes with a lot of sites I come across.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010

yeah i'm the same way

growing up, i used to cook with my dad, so i got a good feel for how to cook things, so the way i tend to cook is to add shit that sounds good together and cook according to techniques that seem appropriate. stuff usually turns out well, and when it doesn't - well - it's a learning experience i guess.

this doesn't apply to delicate or really technique-y things, necessarily - a souffle or really most baked good require an attention to detail, and learning sauces has been a p messy challenge at times.

frankie doesn't know how to cook at all. her parents were lousy New England cooks and when i met her she could parely heat soup on a stovetop. she's getting better, but if she doesn't have a very specific recipe to follow, she doesn't really know what to do

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So how terrible is her pie matt

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

wuss
    I ate an entire piece. I thought maybe I'd just gotten a clump of spice in it or something (I didn't know she'd used cayenne) and didn't want to be all "Yuck your pie is terrible". She took a bite and spit it out.

was it bad flavor or just too hot

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hey Will there's a bunch of SE++ people getting into City of Heroes are you interested in joining us?

Pony on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    will, why do you mod a forum that you hate :x : x :X

Will's modding an anime forum on the side?

Cinders on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    how are you guys today?

Great! You?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hey Will there's a bunch of SE++ people getting into City of Heroes are you interested in joining us?

no don't take will awayyyyyy from meeeeeee and champions online nooooo

Arch on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a Playstation 3 and a copy of Heavy Rain

This is neat

Tav on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm really sick of google's new image search, with its anti-stealing code (can't drag images from the js popup) and weird ass use or frames or something that causes me to not be able to scroll the pages I land on after searching.

i'm kind of tempted to migrate to bing after getting tired of random google bullshit

only my work computer can't install silverlight, so a lot of bing's functionality is gimped and the bing maps don't really work at all

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

wuss

It was good flavor, I could tell there was a good pie under all the cayenne, there was just too much cayenne.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

wuss

It was good flavor, I could tell there was a good pie under all the cayenne, there was just too much cayenne.

W U S S

Arch on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tav wrote: »

This is neat

Pronounce origami.

Cinders on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    That Ebert article was a good read. He always comes across as a deeply sane dude.

Honestly I think it comes from being interracially married in the midwest and the exposure of pop culture he's had for over 5 decades. Its his job to interpret popular media for the masses, and you can't do that and at least learn some stuff.

I also think his recent brushes with death and losing his voice have really helped him become more of a voice of reason and speaking out against what he feels are injustices. He had an article about racism recently that was equally as poignant.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    there is never enough cayenne

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

wuss

W U S S
    IT WAS A WHOLE TABLESPOON OF CAYENNE IN THE PIE SHUT UP

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    how are you guys today?

Great! You?

Pretty pissed off, because I've got to leave for work in like fifteen minutes and I've already put in 30 hours of work this week, and I've still got At least another 20 to go. I had to cover a lot of people's asses.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tav wrote: »

This is neat

I enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot. It has issues, but still pretty sweet I think.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
This discussion has been closed.