May as well post the rest of the easily-abused bonuses:

guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-20100901060719525_640w.jpg

guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-20100901060726056_640w.jpg

guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-20100901060731868_640w.jpg

guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-20100901060824865_640w.jpg

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's like Uwe Boll made a Guitar Hero movie and this is 'Guitar Hero: The Movie: The Game".

I can't be annoyed by this stuff anymore. I'm numb to it at this point.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well they have certainly have taken their own path. No one will mistake this for Rock Band.

corin7 on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's like Uwe Boll made a Guitar Hero movie and this is 'Guitar Hero: The Movie: The Game".

Truer words have neve been said.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Part of me hopes this is all an elaborate joke and the new Guitar Hero will come out and be something that does not suck.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The fact that 2112 is in this game in full, and I'm still definitely not buying it, is a pretty clear statement on just how bad this is.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I really want to believe that there aren't guys from scorehero crunching numbers right now to determine the optimum band.

glithert on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    glithert wrote: »
    I really want to believe that there aren't guys from scorehero crunching numbers right now to determine the optimum band.

Nonono, think bigger.

They're crunching numbers to determine the optimum band on a song by song basis.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And then someone will make a program that does it automatically and OH THE CONTROVERSY

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I always thought Judy Nails cosplayers were pretty hot

I hope they don't get wind of this game

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Eh

Cosplayers do it better

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's always amusing to hear stories about how real people can't win their own look-a-like contests.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I sometimes wonder if the people at Harmonix look at Judy Nails and Johnny Napalm and just die a little inside.

Someone at one point created them, and must have been so proud. Then they let them go out into the big bad world, all alone, to continue the family buisness.

And look what happened. Goat legs.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you think the people they're based on feel?

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mr. G wrote: »
    How do you think the people they're based on feel?

Maybe they don't care? We're on a videogame forum where games are serious business, but they're in the real world using that paycheque to pay bills and stuff.

Raybies666 on
    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Apparently there's a demo out or something.

Someone who's not me needs to give it a try and see how awful it is.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mr. G wrote: »
    And then someone will make a program that does it automatically and OH THE CONTROVERSY

on it
    not really

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Apparently there's a demo out or something.

Someone who's not me needs to give it a try and see how awful it is.
    Meanwhile, the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock demo allows players to experience the game's story-driven Quest Mode, with Gene Simmons holding your hand as you rock out to Black Sabbath's "Children of the Grave," Foo Fighters' "No Way Back," Slash featuring Ian Astbury with "Ghosts," and "Bloodlines" from pseudo-imaginary death rockers Dethklok.

Awesome, now I don't need to play the actual game. The demo has everything that I wanted.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ugh

I was gonna play the demo just to see how terrible it is

But with a selection like that they've even unsold me on the free demo

Bravo Activision

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You and I are kindred spirits, Vow

Tight like spandex

glithert on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    :(

No Way Back is alright...give the Foos some love.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh goddammit, the combination of my curiosity to see how bad it is and the lack of willingness of anyone to actually play it probably means I'll have to download this poop, doesn't it?

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I don't think I've heard that one

But it's on the same album as "Best of You" and "DOA" so I'm just gonna go ahead and assume the worst

Plus the last time I played a Foo song in a GH game it was "Stacked Actors" and that song is pretty awful

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In Your Honor wasn't that bad...

Anyway No Way Back is nice. It's one of my faves. Also, as I expected, the chart is pretty repetitive. Oh and I forgot chord spam.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

But it's on the same album as "Best of You" and "DOA" so I'm just gonna go ahead and assume the worst

Plus the last time I played a Foo song in a GH game it was "Stacked Actors" and that song is pretty awful

Okay, Vow, I know your musical taste is pretty bad, but... really?
    I mean, none of those songs are at the top of the list when it comes to the Foo Fighters, but none of them are at all bad either.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ugh

Bravo Activision

This boat? I'm in it.

I've usually at least checked out the demos for the games even though I knew I wasn't likely going to buy them anyway. But that list? Not very inspiring.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Okay, Vow, I know your musical taste is pretty bad, but... really?
    I mean, none of those songs are at the top of the list when it comes to the Foo Fighters, but none of them are at all bad either.

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh goddammit, the combination of my curiosity to see how bad it is and the lack of willingness of anyone to actually play it probably means I'll have to download this poop, doesn't it?

I will cut you a deal

If the demo hits PSN instead of just Live, I will check it out

I am a glutton for punishment

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ugh

Bravo Activision

This boat? I'm in it.

I've usually at least checked out the demos for the games even though I knew I wasn't likely going to buy them anyway. But that list? Not very inspiring.

Yarrp.

Oh wait, Microsoft still has this thing where non-gold subscribers have to wait a week before they can download demos, right? That lets me off the hook. Guess Unco is it.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Did...did you just call me Unco

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I sense a great loss...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oops. Well, your name starts with "Un," so it's not as if I did that to, say, Santa, when I was talking about posters I want to have sex with.

Argue with! I meant argue with.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was at a party this weekend playing Rock Band when a friend of the host came up to me and asked me if I played Guitar Hero. I said yeah sometimes. His response was, "I like Guitar Hero so much more, the tracks are way more modern. It just has a better music selection".

Mind you, the party was casual, so nerdrage was not appropriate. I said, "yeah, I can see that." and walked away.

I bet he has no idea about goat legs.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I'm downloading the demo.

I hope I don't sprout like, bunny ears or a fish head as a side effect.

EDIT: *ahem* WOW!

Color me surprised. That was actually really enjoyable. The transformations actually lend a whole new depth of gameplay and it could easily overtake Rock Band as aHOLY FUCK THAT WAS TERRIBLE...

The transformations seemingly do nothing aside from some score enhancement. You only play as Johnny Napalm in the demo. You have access to three songs and if you get 12 stars, you unlock his demon transformation mumbo jumbo. The transformation basically unlocks, you guessed it, an encore of "Bloodlines." Johnny's transformation does some malarky involving getting 2x more points if your multiplier is over 2x or some nonsense I forgot as soon as I read it. Other than that, the only difference between playing "No Way Back" as Johnny and "Bloodlines" as demon...gargoyle...vampire thing are monsters parading around on stage rather than humans.

One thing to note is that they've apparently gotten rid of the five star maximum, as you can get a good 10 (!!), if not more, stars from beating a single song.

The story is in the demo too. It involves a barbarian with an metaphorical axe that's a guitar, fighting against a giant humanoid mis-mash of stage equipment. Then for some reason it goes to modern day where Johnny Napalm is passed out drunk on the curbside. It's something you have to watch to appreciate the absurdity of it all. The cutscene is capped off by Gene Simmons talking like a complete idiot with the worst writing you've ever heard. It's also pretty obvious they got the whole premise of WoR from Brutal Legend.

Lastly, the charts for the songs aren't great. "No Way Back" feels like chord frenzy, even moreso than a typical Foo song should be. "Children of the Grave" is okay, but kind of dull. "Ghosts" is probably the hardest guitar song, and it's okay. "Bloodlines" is pretty decent.

All you really need to know, though, is that WoR doesn't do anything new and is just like every other Guitar Hero. Transformations are quite possible the weakest, worst selling point to a music rhythm game I've ever seen.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Funny, I agree with pretty much everything Omeks said but I think I had more fun with the demo that he did. I the tracks are okay, with my favorite being the Deathlok one solely because of the hammer on opportunities.

And beating the stage and having it tell me I unlocked stuff brought up the old drive to try to collect everything. But yeah...the whole theme of the game is just plain stupid. The 'bad guy', at least from the cutscenes looks like a retarded transformer.

Worse of all, when the transformation happens, the whole band transforms. With Napalm, that means three other generic blue people on stage with you.

The funny thing is that I'm the target audience of that game, as I like most of the music announced, but I showed it to my friends and they could find like 8 songs they might enjoy playing. I don't know if I can justify buying the game, specially with I that-other-game-that-should-not-be-mention coming out a bit afterwards.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I honestly think Omeks is onto something about the origin of the game.

Bobby Kotick: Hi Tim. Now, we think Brutal Legend is kind of interesting, but you know what would be even MORE metal? Turning the game into Guitar Hero! Yeah! Having the background characters most people ignore be all metal-ized will make the rockinest game ever!
    Tim Schafer: Fuck you. (Stomps off)
    Bobby Kotick: I WILL DESTROY YOU!! ...but this idea of mine is too awesome to pass up. For it came from I, Bobby Kotick. Hey, Neversoft guys!
    Neversoft: Yeah?
    Bobby Kotick: Turn Guitar Hero into Brutal Legend!
    Neversoft: Um, why?
    Bobby Kotick: BECAUSE YOUR LORD AND MASTER COMMANDS YOU.
    Neversoft: I hate what we've become.

I'm dramatizing a bit, but I really wouldn't be shocked if a desire to ape the style of Brutal Legend caused this.

And thanks for playing this so I don't have to.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I mean Tim Schafer came right out and said they asked him to make Brutal Legend into a Guitar Hero game, and it was why he left.

This pretty obviously is the result of that.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I mean Tim Schafer came right out and said they asked him to make Brutal Legend into a Guitar Hero game, and it was why he left.
    Really? This actually happened?

To be fair, when I first heard about Brutal Legend I legitimately thought it was a rhythm game. :P

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »

This pretty obviously is the result of that.

Well, it was one of the reasons. But yeah, it makes this game's origins kinda obvious.

cloudeagle on
This discussion has been closed.