As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood] #2 (Book Spoilers Likely) - Last Ep Season 3 Finale "Evil Is Going On"

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    I like how realistic some parts of this show are, like everyone having PTSD.

Imagine Buffy with PTSD and boobies. It's probably how they pitched the show. :P

Fixed that for you.

Buffy had some nice boobies too o_O

Cordiliea's were better. Just saying. (Mmm Carisma Carpenter)

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Brian888 wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    I like how realistic some parts of this show are, like everyone having PTSD.

Imagine Buffy with PTSD and boobies. It's probably how they pitched the show. :P

Fixed that for you.

Buffy had some nice boobies too o_O

But she never got them out.

also they all but disappeared in the later seasons as sarah michelle gellar turned into a stick person

Pony on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Lets hope Jessica gets all kinds of naked in the season premiere.

Please. :whistle:

Amd they should have waited until next season to show
    Eric got out
    . Would have been a good cliff hanger.

I actually prefer the one we got. It's more in line with the books, I think, and gives us more Eric/Pam.

Though of course having that cliffhanger and then just having him show up halfway through next season naked on the side of the road also would've been funny.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, is Eric/Sookie eventually to happen now pretty much a sure thing?

What will the role of Bill be?

C2B on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Well, since Book Spoilers are warned of in the thread title I guess I can include them.

Bill basically disappears after book three, once Sookie finds out the reason he came to Bon Temps.

It's basically the Sookie & Eric Cavalcade of Supernatural Hijinx from Book 4 on.

However, Stephen Moyer is married to Anna Paquin, so methinks they're going to include him quite a bit more.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »

Well, since Book Spoilers are warned of in the thread title I guess I can include them.

Bill basically disappears after book three, once Sookie finds out the reason he came to Bon Temps.

It's basically the Sookie & Eric Cavalcade of Supernatural Hijinx from Book 4 on.

However, Stephen Moyer is married to Anna Paquin, so methinks they're going to include him quite a bit more.

I don't know how the Eric/Bill relationship went in the books, but I imagine that he'll spend at least part of next season trying to kill Eric and Pam. Possibly also anyone else Sookie makes friends with once she gets back from the Fairy Town Soul Train Dance-Off.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know, they were hinting at Alciede getting his taste of the pie pretty hard. Also, he's not a vamp and has been very trust worthy for her thus far.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The wife and I are greatly anticipating all of the Sookie/Alceide goodness that had better happen next season.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    At this point I wouldn't blame Bill if he just drained Sookie in the season opener when she's rolling around with Werewolf Guy. Then he can focus on teaching Jessica and interact with Eric and Pam more.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Even if he had all the time in the world to teach Jessica I don't believe he has much caring to do so, so far he has mostly put up with her because he was suppose to do so and ordered to do it as punishment.

For the most part he's been happy to do everything but teach her.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That's just because of stupid Sookie. He's always having to save her and whatnot. He's not just going to forget about Jessica totally, he wouldn't have basically thrown his life away to save her from Russell if he didn't feel responsible for her to some degree.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I feel bad for Jason this season. I guess he got too much badass time last season that he had to be shelved this time around. The setup with him trying to become a cop was great, and he got to deliver one of my favorite lines of the entire season ("If you and I are gonna be roommates, there's a certain amount of.. pussy overflow you're gonna have to get used to dealing with"). But I never bought his sudden falling in love with unattractive shifter bitch, and him caring so much about the inbred kids... Surely the DEA would be able to deal with helping those people better than he can?

riz on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's not at all the DEA's business to help people.

Best case scenario, everyone would be shipped off to foster care / mental healthcare facilities / prison.

TL DR on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In a series that has some of the most amazing cliffhangers on a weekly basis, I thought this season finale was weak. Other then the doll in the house nothing was the least bit exciting really.

Season three pretty much felt that way to me - I guess I really like season two that much better.

useless4 on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Really?

I thought season two went on forever when it could have been done in half the time.

This season was so much better then the last in so many ways, the constant "Oh shits" in the finale helped with that.

Cade on
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Heh, will always be hard to top Russel closing off that one episode with "And now the weather!" Yeah, season 3 was better than season 2 IMHO but to me that is like saying one gem sparkles a bit more than another, still fun shiny shit either way.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i will miss russell

Pony on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    i will miss russell

He's not gone, they literally stored him for later usage

override367 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Other than the creepy doll, the only truly ominous part was Terry crying on the porch.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It seems silly to spoil episode details, and not spoil future book happenings.

As for the finale - not close to last years, but still pretty good. Although burying a guy for 100 or so year, seems a bit - dumb. Yes, staking him is too quick, but there surely could be other more permanent prisons for a Vampire.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    No, staking him isn't too quick. They should have staked the hell out of him while inside a silver coffin, then thrown the goop in the sun, then sprinkled silver water in it and sealed it up with silver chains and tons of C4. That has silver chunks stuck all over it. And THEN buried it.

Which makes me realize how stupid Bill's assault on the Queen was. Yeah, it gave us the measure of how he has nothing to lose and is willing to just go head on, but: 1)It looked cheesy as hell 2)if she had walked into the house and into some kind of death trap or just a shotgun blast of silver/wood it would have been damn awesome.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Or they could have re-enacted the Kuei-jin ending from VtM.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    No, staking him isn't too quick. They should have staked the hell out of him while inside a silver coffin, then thrown the goop in the sun, then sprinkled silver water in it and sealed it up with silver chains and tons of C4. That has silver chunks stuck all over it. And THEN buried it.

Which makes me realize how stupid Bill's assault on the Queen was. Yeah, it gave us the measure of how he has nothing to lose and is willing to just go head on, but: 1)It looked cheesy as hell 2)if she had walked into the house and into some kind of death trap or just a shotgun blast of silver/wood it would have been damn awesome.

Seriously, my wife and I just burst out laughing at the Queen/Bill thing. I don't know how anyone working on that show wouldn't realize how fucking stupid that looked.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ED! wrote: »
    It seems silly to spoil episode details, and not spoil future book happenings.

As for the finale - not close to last years, but still pretty good. Although burying a guy for 100 or so year, seems a bit - dumb. Yes, staking him is too quick, but there surely could be other more permanent prisons for a Vampire.

I haven't read the books but my understanding is the show has deviated from them so much by now that book spoilers are just as much speculation as anything we hypothesize on our own.

I hate spoilers and go to lengths to avoid them myself, but I don't mind the book spoilers for that reason, they're just extra fluff from an alternate universe. Apparently Lafayette's supposed to be dead, Jessica isn't supposed to exist and Russell doesn't do any of the crazy stuff that went on this season. Hearing stuff like that just makes me glad the HBO writing staff knows what they're doing ;)

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Seriously, my wife and I just burst out laughing at the Queen/Bill thing. I don't know how anyone working on that show wouldn't realize how fucking stupid that looked.

I know Kung-fu!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

:^: after Bill's surprising, awesome, and in-character betrayal of Pam and Eric, I was disappointed to see him confront The Queen head on. And it looked terrible. They're going to have him win via plot armor too, which is the dumbest thing of all. If you're going to do something like that, follow it out to the logical end: have her defeat him and have him back under her thumb. Now he has to balance being under the Queen's control and dodging whatever tail she puts on him to keep him in line, with his stated desire of protecting sookie by murdering motherfuckers with extreme prejudice. Is she Queen of LA and MI now?

valiance on
  • Options
    VermVerm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

I hate spoilers and go to lengths to avoid them myself, but I don't mind the book spoilers for that reason, they're just extra fluff from an alternate universe. Apparently Lafayette's supposed to be dead, Jessica isn't supposed to exist and Russell doesn't do any of the crazy stuff that went on this season. Hearing stuff like that just makes me glad the HBO writing staff knows what they're doing ;)

My fondest hope is that they do not follow the books, because in my opinion after about book 3 Sookie becomes a completely unlikeable fickle shallow person.

edit: Actually she's always been pretty fickle, it just didn't annoy me until after book 3.

Verm on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    valiance wrote: »

:^: after Bill's surprising, awesome, and in-character betrayal of Pam and Eric, I was disappointed to see him confront The Queen head on. And it looked terrible. They're going to have him win via plot armor too, which is the dumbest thing of all. If you're going to do something like that, follow it out to the logical end: have her defeat him and have him back under her thumb. Now he has to balance being under the Queen's control and dodging whatever tail she puts on him to keep him in line, with his stated desire of protecting sookie by murdering motherfuckers with extreme prejudice. Is she Queen of LA and MI now?

Well, the logical conclusion if he loses is she rips his head off. So....yeah, Plot Armor. Or, they could read this thread and have him cheat somehow the second we return to that scene. Like, say, he now has illusion powers too and it's not really him! THAT'S how he did Eric's voice so perfect! This all seems to obvious! Or...where did Sookie go? To right between them and she'll hand-blast the Queen! I almost buy these...

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He really should be wearing silver knuckles at all times.

Or have that silver spray in his pocket.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    Or they could have re-enacted the Kuei-jin ending from VtM.

yesssssss

Pony on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man if Bill wins it'll be so dumb. Especially since the second line out of every vampire upon getting into any sort of conflict with another vampires is "I am older and stronger than you."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man if Bill wins it'll be so dumb. Especially since the second line out of every vampire upon getting into any sort of conflict with another vampires is "I am older and stronger than you."

i'm beginning to get the sense, however, that while that is a standard form of vampiric penis measuring, it might not be as simple as "lol i'm higher level nub"

especially when you get vampires who have been dandies and princesses for much of their un-life vs. those that haven't.

Pony on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The internet has calmed my fears that I was the only person in the world who didn't get the doll thing.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I know Kung-fu!

It reminded me of the Matrix spoof scene in one of the Scary Movie movies.

useless4 on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It was a pretty horrible special-effects bit. They both just... hovered. And they didn't look good doing it at all. It just made me laugh, and I hope that's what everyone working on that scene was going for. >.>

Aurin on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fallingman wrote: »
    The internet has calmed my fears that I was the only person in the world who didn't get the doll thing.

It was specifically mentioned that Whatshername likes dolls. The doll on the floor might be a sign that she's been snooping around, leaving behind dolls the way other people leave fingerprints. Maybe she's a supernatural with doll-based powers.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aurin wrote: »
    It was a pretty horrible special-effects bit. They both just... hovered. And they didn't look good doing it at all. It just made me laugh, and I hope that's what everyone working on that scene was going for. >.>

remember in like episode 2 or 3 of season 1 when sookie asked bill if he could levitate and he said no, such a liar.

also my bet is sophie-anne and bill end up fucking

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I laughed too.

It even looked like they were about to do some Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon moves.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know if I was in a bad mood or what, but it seemed like latest episode was full of Dues Ex Machina bullshit.

Something cool is going to happen!
    but we won't kill Eric or the King :\

and then!
    eric magically escapes the cement with no explanation

and of course
    Sam runs across his brother who has at least a 12 hour head start.
    I'm also getting really really really fucking tired of the sookie/bill I love you, no i don't, yes i do, no i don't, yes i do...ad naseum

BAH!

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    and then!
    eric magically escapes the cement with no explanation

You should pay more attention to the dialogue. They explained it.
    Pam said she still smelled like wet cement. Duh-hoy.

OnTheLastCastle on