Options

[chat] daniels

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Corbius, you're still in for Mage, right?

When is it happening?

I need to get the new source book and I am strapped for cash at the moment.

I'm hoping I'll have the player outline put together for the end of the month, and then about two weeks to get characters together.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm at tier 2 with my 15 point eSkarre army, and I can hit tier 4 with my 25 point army if I built it a certain way (but I don't really like that army) but I think that's pretty unusual.

Mostly I was just warning Mazzy that I'd be using theme army rules, since those rules are what make my army able to be contained within 15 points anyway.

Is one of her tier things cheaper units or something?

I have mixed feelings about themed lists, personally. They are fun, but, I'm pretty sure that 95% of the time you can build a better list by ignoring them.
    Yeah, if she has two units of Satyxis Raiders, then she can add a Sea Witch attachment for free, and it doesn't count towards the Sea Witch's FA restriction.

Which is how I can field two units of Satyxis Raiders with an attachment each (the Sea Witch is usually FA 1) and still have points left over for a Satyxis Captain solo.

I'm actually a really big fan of my Satyxis theme armies. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to use my 35 point army; it goes up to Tier 4, which means that all my Satyxis units gain Stealth for the first round, and my deployment zone is 2" further up. Plus Satyxis Raiders all have Advance Deployment anyway, so they'll be starting 8" past the normal deployment zone line, with Stealth, and a 14" charge range, which is pretty goddamn ridiculous.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It makes sense. SCADA systems are a pretty odd target for standard malware because you can't make any money from them.
    It's just a level of, I guess, movie-ness that's impressive. The thought that someone could slip a USB key into a slot and take down an entire nuclear power plant. It's movie tech realized.

There have been some people warning about the vunerability of SCADA systems for a long time. But due to the fact that they had never really been targeted and that they have some specialized protocols, it was just assumed it was a bit of scare mongering. And I don't think anyone expected something that would interact with stuff at the pseudo-firmware level of the PLCs. I'm guessing that there are a lot of guys at Siemens shitting themselves at the moment.
    When the womans away the man gets really god damn lazy about eating.

True dat.
    Either that or they're the ones supplying whoever wrote it with the data they needed.

Possibly but their customers will be shitting themselves and when multi-million dollar accounts get nervous, the vendors do too.
    True, but "Give us this data and we'll install the new, hack-proof versions you're going to introduce in 6 months in every government installation we have" has to be tempting.

Not really. Most SCADA installations are for industrial use. There are some quasi-govermental stuff like Nuclear power plants but most of their installs are for private business. Who have service contracts for this. Siemens is going have their techs be fucking swamped, assuming they can fix this. I mean it's really an architecture problem. SCADA doesn't have a lot of trust verification built into it.
    The general playerbase in WoW is pretty much the worst.

Not really. Bunch of Nobel prize winners compared to Darkfall's community.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    in the last world I had so ridicolous runs beetween homes

I had set up a beacon system with tiny towers with torches on them were situated in the landscape in a long line

you find one, look for the light on the horizon, go to that, repeat

to get beetween the two homes the furthest apart you had to cross the horizon (max render range) like what, thirty times? and build a boat and cross a godamn ocean

but I loved it

stop making me want to play your DOOM 1 + Dwarf Fortress game argh

desc on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Anybody ever watch Wit, with Emma Thompson? We're watching it in English. It's really fantastic.

What language was it originally???

Swahili.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    Corbius, you're still in for Mage, right?

When is it happening?

I need to get the new source book and I am strapped for cash at the moment.

I'm hoping I'll have the player outline put together for the end of the month, and then about two weeks to get characters together.

Ok I should be able to do that.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    so I can't make a lego cock in the lego game

You know what, fuck you! After reading this now I've involuntarily tried considering how a fluid system could be setup with redstone switches to alternate the flow of water through such a construction. Gah!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    aww man my little freebie minecraft.exe won't work anymore.

bummer.

It's like $14

Pick it up

Dooo eeeet

As someone who has been paid to alpha and beta test software before. I have moral issues with paying someone to alpha test their software.

Me too because it's usually buggy as hell if not fun.

This game is really neither of those though.

Yeah, it's not really an alpha as in we have a mostly finished game we need tested. I don't think it really has any bugs, it's playable but not completed. I'm sure he wants to implement more cool features before it's "done" but the game is totes working now. The only thing that's even buggy at all is minecart boosters which is awesome but is kinda like cheating.

why don't they just make special track that speeds up carts or brakes them instead of having to McGyver it?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I wish I could make a waterfall in Minecraft.

Also I want to figure out how to make roofs.

But looking at the wiki feels like cheating to me.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm currently going through my Babylon 5 dvd's again.

I should really pick up Season 5.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Every internet community has its fair share of mouth breathers. WoW just makes it easier to experience their dumb assery.

Like guilds named "Barack Obama Is a N*****" That was awesome.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have mixed feelings about themed lists, personally. They are fun, but, I'm pretty sure that 95% of the time you can build a better list by ignoring them.
    Oh, I forgot to address this.

Yeah, some of the theme army lists are shit (pSkarre's theme list, which is based around Amphibious 'jacks, comes to mind) but some of them really bring a warcaster's theme together. I like eGoreshade's theme list as well, since it really supports using lots of Bane Thralls, which are pretty neato.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, if she has two units of Satyxis Raiders, then she can add a Sea Witch attachment for free, and it doesn't count towards the Sea Witch's FA restriction.

Which is how I can field two units of Satyxis Raiders with an attachment each (the Sea Witch is usually FA 1) and still have points left over for a Satyxis Captain solo.

I'm actually a really big fan of my Satyxis theme armies. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to use my 35 point army; it goes up to Tier 4, which means that all my Satyxis units gain Stealth for the first round, and my deployment zone is 2" further up. Plus Satyxis Raiders all have Advance Deployment anyway, so they'll be starting 8" past the normal deployment zone line, with Stealth, and a 14" charge range, which is pretty goddamn ridiculous.

This is warmachine, not infantrymachine, son :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I could tell you how to make waterfalls.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

Why oh god why? I stop at 4 and I love B5.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

roofs are weird

you basically have to put up 'scaffolding' I think. I've never actually tried making a complete building before. But I will soon. I've got plans!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Septus wrote: »
    Oh also? Minecraft is hella more spooky now that I have sound.

I think I hate the world it generated for me this time though. There are WAY too many natural caves and it's making digging deep less a process of mining and more like a mildy frustrating platforming game.

go somewhere else then

the world is 8 times the surface of the earth large

But then you set yourself up for ridiculously long runs from the spawn point, as I've never seen a way to change that location.

So it generally seems like a better idea to create a new world.

in the last world I had so ridicolous runs beetween homes

I had set up a beacon system with tiny towers with torches on them were situated in the landscape in a long line

you find one, look for the light on the horizon, go to that, repeat

to get beetween the two homes the furthest apart you had to cross the horizon (max render range) like what, thirty times? and build a boat and cross a godamn ocean

but I loved it

Yeah, I finally finished building a tunnel between the home I made when I started and where I settled on finally building my super awesome glass mountain. Unfortunately I still don't have enough iron to finish the minecart rail between the two, so it's still a lot of running, but it's safe and comes to my ladder that runs the entire height of the map :)

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    T: mojo- High five. I envy physicists doing hard things that I assume are fun because I equate hard with fun in science

T: Proffem- yeah It is really fun to play, if it didn't feel like I was playing LEGOs with a bunch of overzealously protective parents watching my every move. If I wanted that, I wouldn't be playing online would I? I can get that experience at any daycare

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Just don't go chasing them, stick to those rivers and streams.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Yeah, some of the theme army lists are shit (pSkarre's theme list, which is based around Amphibious 'jacks, comes to mind) but some of them really bring a warcaster's theme together. I like eGoreshade's theme list as well, since it really supports using lots of Bane Thralls, which are pretty neato.

It's probably more of a factor for Cygnar than Cryx (as I remember cryx having limited mercenary options) but, it pretty much seemed that for Cygnar including a handful of the right mercenaries would always give me more of a boost than my theme, but of course mercenaries are never allowed under any theme list.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

look, this is why minecraft > lego universe

in lego universe you can't make anything that so much resembles a cock

in minecraft you can make a cock the size of a skyscraper with the balls residing in the depths of hell and the glans above the clouds, with lava flowing from the tip

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Well I have like three pools separated by hills. And I want to make a castle in the valley, including the middle pool.

How do I get the pool behind it to go over the hill and waterfall down into the other pool?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010

This is warmachine, not infantrymachine, son :P
    Well, I had to include two helljacks to get to Tier 4, so my Seether and Reaper will still wreck your shit. :P

The Seether in particular is ridiculously fun to play.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    But I didn't swell up or black out or anything because I'm above tiny insects on the food chain, where Man belongs.

Right until you are harvested by the bee people...

Forced to labor in the honey mines until I finally can't work any longer ...

But at least I died not being allergic to my evil overlords.

desc on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I mean frankly if I wanted to see a lego cock I would look in my own pants

wait

i mean I would build one

Arch on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    T: Proffem- yeah It is really fun to play, if it didn't feel like I was playing LEGOs with a bunch of overzealously protective parents watching my every move. If I wanted that, I wouldn't be playing online would I? I can get that experience at any daycare

Wait... the game is already out?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

look, this is why minecraft > lego universe

in lego universe you can't make anything that so much resembles a cock

in minecraft you can make a cock the size of a skyscraper with the balls residing in the depths of hell and the glans above the clouds, with lava flowing from the tip

The only way I would play this game is if we could somehow work on one construction as some kind of team. Is that what having a server is like?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Well I have like three pools separated by hills. And I want to make a castle in the valley, including the middle pool.

How do I get the pool behind it to go over the hill and waterfall down into the other pool?

Were the pools created by a spring or are they natural and stagnant?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It's probably more of a factor for Cygnar than Cryx (as I remember cryx having limited mercenary options) but, it pretty much seemed that for Cygnar including a handful of the right mercenaries would always give me more of a boost than my theme, but of course mercenaries are never allowed under any theme list.

You guys are doing this online through VASSAL or something, right?

desc on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The general playerbase in WoW is pretty much the worst.

Not really. Bunch of Nobel prize winners compared to Darkfall's community.

Well yeah, but with Darkfall it always seemed like someone said "How can we attract all the asshole MMO players to our game? Like what can we do to ensure that our players have the best tool available to them to be totally cocks to one another?" while designing the game. :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hm. Die Hard 4 came out in June 2007. Stuxnet has been traced back as far as June 2009. I'm just imagining some black-ops type sitting in the theater, then his eyes go wide and he races out, frantically dialing a secret number on his encrypted cell phone.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »

Why oh god why? I stop at 4 and I love B5.

I stopped at 4 as well, but I suppose I should get 5 and complete the collection.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »

Wait... the game is already out?

Early start began like a week ago- full game comes out like in a month

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'll never understand your guys facination with cockstruction. It borderlines on a dickcotic break.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    desc wrote: »

You guys are doing this online through VASSAL or something, right?

No, were going to take pictures of the game board and send them back and forth to eachother via email, also photographs of our die rolls...

Sorry! I couldn't help but me glib for a moment there. Yeah, we are using VASSAL.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Actually there's a Cryx theme list (pGoreshade) that requires a mercenary unit (Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters) to achieve Tier 3!

But yeah, I haven't experimented much with Mercenaries, mostly because I don't have the Mercs book, and I've been having too much fun messing around with Cryx-only armies anyway. :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Were the pools created by a spring or are they natural and stagnant?

Uh, how do I tell which is which? One of them runs out to the ocean, I think. I was going to have a royal harbour there. And then the one behind that is where I want the castle. And then the one after that is the one I was hoping to involve a waterfall in.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    107 pages. No mods must in sight.

New chat thread.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=128634

emnmnme on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia, just put water or lava somwhere with a drop on the side and it'll keep flowing until it hits flat ground

flowing liquids aren't really liquids, the stuff you can put in your bucket are springs

it's really useful for those very vertical mines

just make a waterfall and wahey water elevator

(yes, you can swim directly up a waterfall. You can punch through mountains, what did you expect?)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In warmachine do you know who has the first turn before or after you deploy?

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.