Options

It's my body, I'll dye if I want to (pic-heavy OP)

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah got it.

Rhetorical questions are meant to provide an effect rather than provoke a response. My questions were both meant to stress the point that its stupid to assume things about the person from their choice of avatar.

but that's not the effect it had at all, so you suck at rhetorical questions
    fuck off

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I heard it was dogpile on the new troll day.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    dru when are you gonna get some ink on your old man skin

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    know what i hate

when people use the word dogpile like that

people say dumb things

lots of people say "hey that's pretty dumb"

don't need to give the idiot more power by labeling it as "dogpiling"

Raneados on
  • Options
    CiSTM K0nFLiqTCiSTM K0nFLiqT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Ah got it.

Rhetorical questions are meant to provide an effect rather than provoke a response. My questions were both meant to stress the point that its stupid to assume things about the person from their choice of avatar.

fuck off

I can hardly be held to account for the stupidity of someone who has a woman as their avatar being asked a rhetorical question about their gender missing the point of that question in the context that it was asked.

Stig can be a man, woman or beast for all the shit I could give. I would have thought in the context of me being labeled a troll because of my avatar that the point of my question to him/her was pretty clear.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
    I like your suit, love...
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No one knows who or what TheStig is. All we know is that he's called the stig.

Some say that he sleeps upside down like a bat, and that all of Lionel Richie's songs are about him

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    can you really not see the difference?

Raneados on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am the prettiest lady. Take me, CiSTM K0nFLiqT.

Homeless on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    know what i hate

people say dumb things

I'm happy for you, Rane.

The thing of it is, that's pretty much the definition of "dogpile". Please understand that the troll is a goose and deserves it, but yea...that word works there.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know, I've been around here for a while and I don't even think I know what Stale's actual affliction is, other than the gods of every known religion smiting him in wrath

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    know what i hate

people say dumb things

I'm happy for you, Rane.

The thing of it is, that's pretty much the definition of "dogpile". Please understand that the troll is a goose and deserves it, but yea...that word works there.

but it lessens what is going on

people should be allowed to state their individual opinions without being labeled as only doing it because everyone else is doing it

Raneados on
  • Options
    FeintFeint Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Ah got it.

fuck off

I can hardly be held to account for the stupidity of someone who has a woman as their avatar being asked a rhetorical question about their gender missing the point of that question in the context that it was asked.

Stig can be a man, woman or beast for all the shit I could give. I would have thought in the context of me being labeled a troll because of my avatar that the point of my question to him/her was pretty clear.

No we're past that. We're now talking about how you don't know what rhetorical means.

Conversations move fast I know.

Edit: See? It's even moved beyond that now. I have trouble with it too it's ok.

Feint on
    fixedsig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    stale has diabetes, I'm pretty sure

and

maybe cancer

+ lots

it's a TEAM of diseases

Raneados on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Your point was stupid. I was implying that the person who makes troll posts and has the "troll face" avatar may in fact be a troll. I was not implying that you actually look like the dude in your avatar or that you are a black and white drawing or whatever.

My avatar reports starcraft news, I do not look like my cgi woman avatar at all, but you would be correct to assume that I behave like her, because I report the fuck out of starcraft news.

P.S. Do you have a learning disability?

edit: also, Dru eats clams on his belly and grey ghost fights crime using good old fashion detective skills.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    know what i hate

people say dumb things

I'm happy for you, Rane.

people should be allowed to state their individual opinions without being labeled as only doing it because everyone else is doing it

I never took it to have a lessening effect. More than one person did it, thus "dogpile". Their reasons are their own.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

and

maybe cancer

+ lots

it's a TEAM of diseases

Big deal, I have diabetes.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    know what i hate

people say dumb things

I'm happy for you, Rane.

I never took it to have a lessening effect. More than one person did it, thus "dogpile". Their reasons are their own.

dogpiling in that sort of argument implies that people are doing it because other people are doing it, they might feel that way already, but because other people are already jumping on the dude, other people join in

and it really lessens the impact of people telling someone they're being stupid, because then the person being stupid can make the rationalization that they are NOT being stupid, and that people are just simply ganging up on them because the mob said so

they're being bandwagoned

when it is simply not the case, and they're just being stupid, and a lot of people, independently, are telling them they're being stupid

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    Your point was stupid. I was implying that the person who makes troll posts and has the "troll face" avatar may in fact be a troll. I was not implying that you actually look like the dude in your avatar or that you are a black and white drawing or whatever.

My avatar reports starcraft news, I do not look like my cgi woman avatar at all, but you would be correct to assume that I behave like her, because I report the fuck out of starcraft news.

P.S. Do you have a learning disability?

edit: also, Dru eats clams on his belly and grey ghost fights crime using good old fashion detective skills.

It would have been equally as stupid for me to assume your gender from your avatar as it was for you to assume that I am a troll based on my avatar.

I am done with this subject now, I've stated my point as clearly as I can.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What is even going on in here

this 4chan babby just compared himself to stale whaaaat

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010

and

maybe cancer

+ lots

it's a TEAM of diseases

do you also have cancer and the like 20 other diseases stale has?

"Man I have depression and my mom died and my cat got run over and my father raped me and I cut off my arm and my girlfriend committed suicide and I just smashed my toe"

"big deal I smashed my toe yesterday"

see how this kinda isn't the same?

you having a similar problem to someone who has that PLUS a slew of additional problems does not make it okay to say "no big deal, I have that"

these are general common sense lessons

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »

I have diabetes.

Maybe cancer, I never got tested for it.

Raneados, you seem to think maybe having cancer is pretty serious business. Should I start getting chemo now just to be safe?

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I might have been shot and lived, never got tested for bullets.

NBD

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    this now bores me

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    know what i hate

people say dumb things

I'm happy for you, Rane.

dogpiling in that sort of argument implies that people are doing it because other people are doing it, they might feel that way already, but because other people are already jumping on the dude, other people join in

and it really lessens the impact of people telling someone they're being stupid, because then the person being stupid can make the rationalization that they are NOT being stupid, and that people are just simply ganging up on them because the mob said so

when it is simply not the case, and they're just being stupid, and a lot of people, independently, are telling them they're being stupid

It's dogpiling, Raney. No way around it. People making the call on their own to jump on a dude, no matter if he's carrying the football or a stupid idea.

Now, if people were all over it because well the guy next to him was...then it's bandwagoning.

The fact that a fair number of people in this thread have gotten sucked in by a very obvious troll is one of those cases where it is both. You and Dru just happen to be at the bottom of the pile or driving the wagon, take your pick. It isn't a matter of deserves it or not, it's a matter of you getting plaaaaaaaaayed at this point.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »

I have diabetes.

Maybe cancer, I never got tested for it.

Raneados, you seem to think maybe having cancer is pretty serious business. Should I start getting chemo now just to be safe?

Fuck off dude. Stale has had all these diseases and told them to fuck off for a long time. He should not be alive right now but is because he is bad ass like that. You really don't know what you are talking about. Comparing yourself to him with your whiny diabetes is a bad move

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    know what i hate

people say dumb things

I'm happy for you, Rane.

It's dogpiling, Raney. No way around it. People making the call on their own to jump on a dude, no matter if he's carrying the football or a stupid idea.

Now, if people were all over it because well the guy next to him was...then it's bandwagoning.

The fact that a fair number of people in this thread have gotten sucked in by a very obvious troll is one of those cases where it is both. You and Dru just happen to be at the bottom of the pile or driving the wagon, take your pick. It isn't a matter of deserves it or not, it's a matter of you getting plaaaaaaaaayed at this point.

i just think dogpiling conveys a sort of "me too" image, and it's unfair to attach that label to on one side of an argument

Raneados on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

and

maybe cancer

+ lots

it's a TEAM of diseases

Good for you.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    More like I needed to do something while eating lunch and now that I'm done, the trolling is far too superficial to maintain my interest.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cant wait for dinner. Gonna eat all the food.

Also I should consider that tattoo now that I have money

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeaaah, it's quite obvious now

Can we get back to rad tattoos

l_48516e81d1826f8c613a83c2f765f7cf.jpg

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I've been debating getting Hope Rides Alone put somewhere on my body for a while now, possibly on my back

Is this a terrible idea?

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "rad tattoos"

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Fuck off dude. Stale has had all these diseases and told them to fuck off for a long time. He should not be alive right now but is because he is bad ass like that. You really don't know what you are talking about. Comparing yourself to him with your whiny diabetes is a bad move

maybe cancer

I didn't know that maybe having cancer was such a big deal.

All I have been told with certainty is that Stale has diabetes as well as a number of other miscellaneous ailments.

If I'm wrong, or even if I'm right, I still feel bad for Stale though, being sick blows.

Given that I'm in my twenties now and I've been diabetic since I was an infant, I'd say that we're on pretty even footing. In the contest of illnesses I mean.

CiSTM K0nFLiqT on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "rad tattoos"

Electric_Tiger_tattoo.jpg

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh man that is rad

Raneados on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    70303d1206793419-knuckle-tattoos-lemonade.jpg

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay this old man is my hero

tattoo.jpg

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    holy shit that lemonade tattoo

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    LEMONADE

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    no we aren't. but it doesn't matter.

and there's no "maybe" about my cancer. I have no interest in being in any competition. Not because I think I'll "lose", but because it's a retarded thing to jerk-off about on the internet. I've spent the better part of 30 years playing that game with people. It's self-centered and fucking ignorant.

Am I the most sickly, worst off person on earth? no. Somewhere there is someone worse off than me. I'm thankful for that.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.