Options

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

• Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think Luthor does need to be involved. He is to huge of a part of Superman's mythos not to be there in some capacity.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Furu on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man those goons are so dead.

Because that's Caps real power you know, goon-sweeping. He is a goon-punching machine.

I love it how you can basically say that rather characters having actual super-powers you can say they have story powers. Like Cap = goon sweeper, Scarlet Witch = destroyer of the big bad evil dude, Batman = discoverer of evil dudes secret weakness etc. I mean, it doesn't make much sense but it's kind of fun.

But yeah on topic a Cap game could be pretty fun stuff.

Solar on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    In that pic Cap is pretending to be a statue. It isn't working. Why they included a stealth gameplay option for a guy in red/white/blue spandex carrying around a big honking shield is beyond me.

Stealth in Cap game = kill everyone so no one is left to see you.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, every movie-based game is the same: generic beat-em-up with kind of surprisingly insipid art design.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, every movie-based game is the same: generic beat-em-up with kind of surprisingly insipid art design.

Now list to positive things about every movie-based game.

Or are you too cool for positive school?

Hint = The Incredible Hulk game

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hulk Ultimate Destruction as in no way movie based.

Actually this doesn't look movie based either! Doesn't have the same title, Zola's a robot instead of a person, Cap's wearing his comic costume...

Furu on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Look the Iron Man games really bummed me out.

He could have been the greatest.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I will lock on to a thousand Nazis and then pelt my shield all over the place

and it will be glorious

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Emma Stone is Gwen Stacy

Who is the idiot that continues to cast a redhead for a blonde's role in regards to Spider-Man? She would have been perfect for MJ. When did Gwen Stacy ever crack a joke or be anything than some stupid perfect angel with a weak neck.

edit: And every Sega comic-based game is bad.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    are you retarded? bryce dallas howard looked amazing in spider-man 3.

Angry on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Who is the idiot that continues to cast a redhead for a blonde's role in regards to Spider-Man?
    "Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde.”

who's the idiot now, tex

(it's you)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I guess so!

(blondes are better than redheads, why would she purposely change her hair? GIS shows no blonde photos)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's only your opinion though.

Also, your opinion is wrong. Redheads > Everything Else.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Blondes are always better. MJ in the comics is the only exception because she was a better character than Gwen Stacy. Can't really compare movie MJ to Gwen because Gwen was only in the third film for 10 minutes.

Emma Frost > Jean Grey
    Britta > Annie
    Beavis > Butthead

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How can you take the generic blonde over the amazing redhead? Blondes are a dime a dozen.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2010
    oh please let's get into a blondes vs redheads argument

it's a favorite of mine because it's one of the few subjects that has been run into the ground more than batman vs superman

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And on the subject of Superman being the coolest, DCU Online footage of Metropolis and beta fighting footage

Booster Gold billboards are a nice touch, even have Suicide Slums; the beta fighting is kind of weird, in that it's just a big mash up of all characters at an intersection beating up manbearpigs. It looks like you could have Hawkman armor with nth metal weapons, or maybe those are ring construct things.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    When did Gwen Stacy ever crack a joke or be anything than some stupid perfect angel with a weak neck.

You might not know this - okay you definitely don't know this - but the perfect and pure Gwen Stacy is the invention of comic fans who never read the comics she was originally in (as well as Peter's glorified memory in-universe).

She was actually very snarky and flirtatious. And given she hit on pretty much every male character until becoming Peter's girlfriend it's pretty hilarious when people start complaining about how Sins Past "ruined" the character.

The character that doesn't exist outside of their heads.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    When did Gwen Stacy ever crack a joke or be anything than some stupid perfect angel with a weak neck.

You might not know this - okay you definitely don't know this - but the perfect and pure Gwen Stacy is the invention of comic fans who never read the comics she was originally in (as well as Peter's glorified memory in-universe).

She was actually very snarky and flirtatious. And given she hit on pretty much every male character until becoming Peter's girlfriend it's pretty hilarious when people start complaining about how Sins Past "ruined" the character.

The character that doesn't exist outside of their heads.

I kind of wish I still had those CDs of all the ASM issues on them; the first time Marvel did those comics on CDs as PDFs it was really bad. I don't remember that type of Gwen from the first few ASM issues, was it after Ditko left? And Peter's memories since then are probably ruining as well (although from what I remember of Spider-Man: Blue she wasn't snarky and flirtatious)

Sidenote: No Ordinary Family, totally called it about who the big bad guy is for the season. Nice touch with the super speed crash too.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yes, it was after Ditko left.

Ultimate Gwen is way closer to the actual character than what writers and readers want to remember.

Furu on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think that actors/actresses can surprise us, I know it may be hard to forsee this Spider-Man reboot being good, but when people first heard they were making a movie about facebook they all cringed. With good writers and decent actors I have hope for the movie. If it is as light hearted as 500 days of summer, it will be great - the tone of that movie would be perfect for an Ultimate Spider-Man esque movie.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Britta > Annie

This is literally the dumbest thing you could ever say.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jimothy wrote: »

Britta > Annie

This is literally the smartest thing you could ever say.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Britta!

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Annie!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    shut

up

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hey keith what's up

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    centipede damascus you never show me any love

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    keith do you need a hug

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    New X-Men RPG announced, X-Men Destiny

all we know is you make your own teen x-man and it's an RPG with dialogue trees and story branches and a morality system. So basically X-Men Effect.

It's being written by Mike Carey (would have taken Yost but Carey works too) and more will be shown at Comic-Con.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Carey beats up Yost any day of the week.

In terms of a morality system, has there been any game outside of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Bioshock that actually did it right? I remember hearing the Spider-Man Web of Shadows game from a few years back was jacked up in that sense, and it was Activision too. KotOR had a really wonky system too (either goody goody or nazi).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

all we know is you make your own teen x-man and it's an RPG with dialogue trees and story branches and a morality system. So basically X-Men Effect.

It's being written by Mike Carey (would have taken Yost but Carey works too) and more will be shown at Comic-Con.

ain't nothin wrong with that, assuming it's done well

any word on the dev?

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nope! I imagine we'll know when the site launches or at comic-con.

Furu on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Carey beats up Yost any day of the week.

In terms of a morality system, has there been any game outside of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Bioshock that actually did it right? I remember hearing the Spider-Man Web of Shadows game from a few years back was jacked up in that sense, and it was Activision too. KotOR had a really wonky system too (either goody goody or nazi).

Fallout?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bioshock has a terrible morality system!

That is to say that an ideal morality system poses challenging questions, and doesn't limits its critical choices to whether or not to slaughter a series of pre-pubescent girls.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I love Bioshock, but its morality choices are as black and white as it gets. I think KOTOR gets a pass though, because Star Wars itself is very black and white.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

ain't nothin wrong with that, assuming it's done well

any word on the dev?

Kotaku said there was a rumor of Silicon Knights working on X-Men Game.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Furu on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jimothy on