Options

[Fallout 3/NV] The Flower Bed. A Lilly x Tulip tale of love and lust. T-Minus 3 days

• Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    Some Sawyer Quotes
    Yes. If you travel a long distance you are likely to have your H20/FOD/SLP meters lighting up when you get to your destination.

The PipBoy shows exact values (as with RAD in F3), but the HUD has pop-ups for general "danger".

When you hit the first level of badness, the three letter abbreviation will pop up but be dim and HUD-colored. So if your HUD is set to blue and you hit Minor Dehydration, it's a dark blue, semi-opaque H20.

When you hit the second level, it's normal HUD color, fully opaque. No messin' around, get some H20.

At the third level, it turns red. At the fourth level, it slowly pulses red. At the fifth level... http://www.youtube.c...U7rOUSvYM8#t=6s

There are five abbreviations that can show up on the HUD : H20, FOD, SLP, RAD, and LMB. With limbs the color changes as more of your limbs are crippled. Just in case you forget that your torso, both legs, and both arms are piles of mush.

You can occasionally find boxes of primers, boxes of cases, or jars of powder on merchants (usually at the Gun Runners).

At the fifth level that youtube link is crippled, because you block quoted the post.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Who is Michael Dean Anderson?

Do you mean Richard Dean Anderson, C2B? MacGyver?

Yup :P

fixed

C2B on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    C2B, what have you done?

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Prohass wrote: »
    They are ACTORS. Voice acting is something they do often, not just in games, but in CG films and cartoons. There isnt actors on one side and voice actors on the other and they can never cross the boundary between.

I dont understand whats being suggested here, that the sole reason these actors are chosen is for their notoriety? Its obviously a part of it, but if an actor is enthusiastic about the role, talented at VA and does a good job whats the beef?

do you remember how they paid captain picard a bunch of money to like five lines in Oblivion and then had bad voice acting for everyone else

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    C2B, what have you done?

Horrible horrible things.

So, its like every saturday of my life.

@BlackSomething I corrected the link

C2B on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    C2B, what have you done?
    Bot has a glitch. Can anybody replace the tube? :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    The possibility of our cherished franchise being destroyed. But only a real blowhard would care about that.
    There, I fixed it. :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Prohass wrote: »
    They are ACTORS. Voice acting is something they do often, not just in games, but in CG films and cartoons. There isnt actors on one side and voice actors on the other and they can never cross the boundary between.

I dont understand whats being suggested here, that the sole reason these actors are chosen is for their notoriety? Its obviously a part of it, but if an actor is enthusiastic about the role, talented at VA and does a good job whats the beef?

do you remember how they paid captain picard a bunch of money to like five lines in Oblivion and then had bad voice acting for everyone else

Do you think any of these new people, combined, cost as much money as Patric Stewart or Liam Neeson?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    More Star Trek for less bucks. Also, I better get a Section 31 joke out of Sadler.

The more I look at stuff on Vaultwiki, the more I need it be 2012. I want my GOTY!

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    More Star Trek for less bucks. Also, I better get a Section 31 joke out of Sadler.

The more I look at stuff on Vaultwiki, the more I need it be 2012. I want my GOTY!

We (I) at this point have explored the entire game and make sure to get you to see as many spoiler as possible.

Buahahahahahahahahj

C2B on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'll put in my vote for Bruce Campbell as a voice actor on a future game of the series. He would work great as a main villain. He already has plenty of VA experience.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alright, Fallout 1 seems to be screwing me. Razor, from the Blades, has just fucked off and disappeared. All the other Blades are still here, but I can't initiate the take over of the Boneyard because she disappeared.

Help?

We (I) at this point have explored the entire game and make sure to get you to see as many spoiler as possible.

Buahahahahahahahahj

I will destroy you. So hard.

Magnets all over your hard drive. Then I'm gonna put the tower right up against the wall so the fans don't circulate properly.
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I'll put in my vote for Bruce Campbell as a voice actor on a future game of the series. He would work great as a main villain. He already has plenty of VA experience.

You on the other hand, I will not destroy. I will fund you. I will fund your trip to Bethesda's front door, because this is an idea I am entirely behind.

Klash on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Krathoon wrote: »

I think my favorite game that had Bruce Campbell was one of the Spider-man games.

The one where he is giving you the tutorial and then part way through he fucking stops and says he is going to get a sandwich. Then you wait a bit and he starts talking again, while eating his sandwich.

No tutorial has ever made me laugh so hard before.

The world needs more Bruce Campbell.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    C2B on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They clearly didn't just pick her because everyone has an e-crush on her (even though we totally do)

Any appreciation for Ms Day died when she pronounced Planescape: Torment as PlaneTscape: Torment, claiming that it was her favourite game. Totally not that pretty, too.

Bruce Campbell would be utterly superb though.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fallout 1 is being a complete ass and I need some help here.

I put a pair of knuckles on Katja, now I can't get her to stop using them. I want her to use the 14mm or a .44. She might as well be using a damned wiffle bat, so long as those spiked knuckles are on her. I've tried bartering, stealing and putting "better" non-melee items on her. I was hoping, with the right gun, I could short-change her ammo and trick her into using the .44, as I did to make Ian use the .223.

Also, as I said before, Razor is just fucking gone. I can't finish the quest to get rid of the Regulators (not unless I go solo, which I don't want to do). Vault wiki has nothing listed about this happening.

I'm going crazy here.

Klash on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cojones wrote: »
    They clearly didn't just pick her because everyone has an e-crush on her (even though we totally do)

Any appreciation for Ms Day died when she pronounced Planescape: Torment as PlaneTscape: Torment

man, i kinda wish i didnt know this fact now, it might of ruined things.

bruce however would be fantastic i agree, because he is the man.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Any appreciation for Ms Day died when she pronounced Planescape: Torment as PlaneTscape: Torment, claiming that it was her favourite game. Totally not that pretty, too.

1. Is questionable
    2. Is totally untrue. She IS that pretty
    3. She has an amazing voice so. :P

C2B on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I can't wait to shoot "Joey" in the face.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »

Joey? Whos Joey?

C2B on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Joey? Whos Joey?

Wait, got my actors mixed up - it's Chandler (Matthew Perry). Still that's sufficent.

Edit: Checking the IMDB page I think I accidentally ruined a surprise whoops :(

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Joey? Whos Joey?

Wait, got my actors mixed up - it's Chandler (Matthew Perry). Still that's sufficent.

Ahh, no. Matthew Perrys awesome. I will probably buddy up to him. I mean its the mob buisness and he didn't seem to enjoy it in the opening so I'll say forgive and forget.

C2B on
  • Options
    LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Bruce Campbell would be utterly superb though.

Now this is a long shot, I know, but I've sometimes found myself unable to pronounce things IRL that I've only seen in a text medium, no matter how much I'm exposed to them.

I subscribed to Electronic Gaming Monthly for 8 years, only to refer to it as "EMG" in a conversation and not realize I was wrong because it was the first time I ever had the opportunity to say it out loud.

Lizard on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fallout 1 is being a complete ass and I need some help here.

I put a pair of knuckles on Katja, now I can't get her to stop using them. I want her to use the 14mm or a .44. She might as well be using a damned wiffle bat, so long as those spiked knuckles are on her. I've tried bartering, stealing and putting "better" non-melee items on her. I was hoping, with the right gun, I could short-change her ammo and trick her into using the .44, as I did to make Ian use the .223.

Also, as I said before, Razor is just fucking gone. I can't finish the quest to get rid of the Regulators (not unless I go solo, which I don't want to do). Vault wiki has nothing listed about this happening.

I'm going crazy here.

Talk to Katja. There should be an option for her to holster her weapon, which should then pop back into her inventory, if memory serves.

As for Razor, yeah, that's totally a bug. The thing I can't remember is if it's one of the bugs that reloading fixes or one that an unofficial patch fixes.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Talk to Katja. There should be an option for her to holster her weapon, which should then pop back into her inventory, if memory serves.

As for Razor, yeah, that's totally a bug. The thing I can't remember is if it's one of the bugs that reloading fixes or one that an unofficial patch fixes.

I told her to holster, it wouldn't work. Then, suddenly, after many fights and wandering around, I open her inventory and viola!

So, now she wields the 14mm.

I found out about the Razor bug. I had to take it the old fashion way, which meant half the civilians died (including Smitty). Weirdest damn thing, when the fight was over with the Regs, a second fight started. Except, it was against Jon Zimmerman. It seemed like the townsfolk initiated combat against him.

Which is beyond weird, because I started the fight by showing him the holotape. He fought beside me against the Regs.

Whatever. I did all the quests in the area, have my turbo plasma rifle and hardened PA.

Now I've got this fun problem of my companions being weak as cardboard, because they can't wear new armours. Seriously, I gave Tycho metal armour, Ian combat armour and Katja got my second power armour. I hope Fallout 2 doesn't have this issue, because its beyond silly. They're fine against regular foes, but super mutants with lasers, plasma and big weapons are the end of it all.

If I pay again, I'm definitely going modded. I definitely think I'll play again, though. Its really weird, but Fallout has grown over, despite my initial, what I'd call allergic, reaction to it.

F2 will probably be the same way, huh?

Klash on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fallout 2 has much better management of your allies, but suffers from some of the same problems (particularly where melee weapons are available. GODDAMMIT SULIK, I GAVE YOU A P90. USE IT). That said, a goodly chunk of them are gone: trading, equipping, and providing broad orders to them now works, and your human allies can equip all the armor (they just won't reflect it in their sprites). The non-humans are usually stuck with their own skin however, and this tends to limit their durability.

Hopefully, after your experience with Fallout, you won't have that allergic reaction to Fallout 2. ;) Fallout 2's start is rather harder however, at least until you get yourself some decent weapons. On the other hand, you can get yourself a car, and how cool is that?

Orca on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    F2 has an improved system for equipping your party members and choosing their combat tactics, probably done after feedback from F1. I would, as always, suggest to use a bugfix mod to smooth things over right from the get go.

edit: AT LEAST I DIDN'T DOUBLEPOST, ORCA

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Appreciate the help guys. This thread is full of great help. Thanks, thread!

That first bit of F2 is why I refused to play Fallout for so long. I couldn't handle the F1 UI, so I just went to F2 and then what the fuck? ANTS!

So, that didn't go well.

Now I know, though. Now I'll be semi-prepared, but still have a wimpy talker who can't do jack and so I'll die forever on the steps of the trial.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If your character can't make it through the Trial, it probably can't make it through the main game. They're doing you a favor by helping you weed out the useless characters! Nevermind that under ideal circumstances there would be no utterly useless characters. But this way you find out before you get too invested in it!

Orca on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Speaking of investing in shoddy characters, how long is Fallout 2?

Fallout 1 obviously isn't a very lengthy endeavor. Most of my time is spent fixing my own screw ups or working around some bug. The game isn't a big hassle or very long otherwise.

Fun story, I was curb stomping the Boneyard, when I was down to one Reg and only a couple dead towners, when the game started crashing. I had to restart the whole fight, because every save I had during the fight (thats 4 saves), would crash when I ended my turn. Pretty sweet.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fallout 2 is rather larger. I want to say my first time through was on the order of 30-40 hours. That said, I am the Explorer RPG type and have a thing for completionism...so take that under advisement. That said, you can complete the game in a disgustingly short amount of time if you know where to go and what to do. Hasn't somebody done it in under 20 minutes?

In any case, it's quite impressively nonlinear, though there is a certain order they expect you to complete the game in. You aren't glued to it, and that's what can make things interesting.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That seems completely opposite to F1.

F1 feels non-linear, but not open. Its a very small world with a very big map. I was surprised, looking up the quest list, that I'd done everything I could. I had also skipped many quests by unintentionally doing the end-parts before even starting them, such as killing the Skulz instead of getting the quest to bust 'em.

Overall, if things didn't bug out so often and I wasn't fumbling around as much, I'd probably have finished F1 earlier in the week.

Klash on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    If your character can't make it through the Trial, it probably can't make it through the main game. They're doing you a favor by helping you weed out the useless characters! Nevermind that under ideal circumstances there would be no utterly useless characters. But this way you find out before you get too invested in it!

man, the trial is just stupid

the best way to get through the trial is to crank speech or unarmed

lockpick/smallguns/sneak is a totally valid and amazing way to play fo2, but the trials would not have you believe that!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

1. Is questionable
    2. Is totally untrue. She IS that pretty
    3. She has an amazing voice so. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id23nVuO5U0#t=7m19

It's at around 8.40. She goes on to make a series of factual errors regarding the game(TNO is a "jerk" and she doesn't normally roleplay evil, she mentions that you have amnesia before likely forgetting what the rest of the game is about and changes the subject, talks about how you can go through the whole game only ever using dialogue etc).

"As long as we can play a girl because I belieeeve that you can play a guy in that which...I like being a girl"

Come on...can you seriously say that you don't see significantly better looking women just walking down the street every single day? The cynic in me has me believe that she's not really a geek at all, and just warmed up to it just to carve out her own little niche.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You people are freaking me out.

So the girl played or didn't play Planescape. Or understood what she was playing. And calling it PlanetScape. Holy shit. She put an extra letter in there. Forming another word that makes sense just as much as the original one. Burn the witch at the stake. And then figuring in her looks into this equation? What?

It's like...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6792/whogivesashit.gif

BlackDove on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So yeah, this game looks pretty good. Sure am looking forward to throwing dynamite at people.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hope the nuka-grenade idea makes it across the Wastes to the Mojave.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There's a robot companion from the East, right?

He can bring us the schematics.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's the old Eyebot companion, but the Enclave started off out West, I think. I don't know if there is anyone from the East as a companion.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    General FOOK2 1.1 related question.

EDIT: Anyone else have the glitch that using a scoped weapon (rather than one that just has a slight zoom forward in first person) causes the camera to move further back when unzoomed for all other weapons?

Synthesis on
This discussion has been closed.