As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phalla] Ends With You - Game Over

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also did we get the bad ending or are you setting things up for a sequel?

Egos on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, did I loose? I didn't have enough time to set my master plan to pact with the proxy in place

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't get it. The Composer is still alive, right? So the city should still be around.

Wait, don't tell me...

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't get it. The Composer is still alive, right? So the city should still be around.

Wait, don't tell me...
    major spoilers
    well the composer wanted to destroy the city...so I guess we didnt prove ourselves worthy...

Or else Green is setting up a sequel

Egos on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah it's pretty hard to play a game to it's full when you roll as a mafia which even from the start looks doomed to fail even if things initially went our way.

Also sorry Toxic Toys for getting you killed by staying in a pact with Darian even though I'd be fine without one

Guess I got Mafia problems

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Woo! I finally survived one! My apolgies to daniant, as she asked me to seer cheez last night and I chose to seer V_W instead...though I sent the order ten minutes after vote close so it didn't matter anyway. Anywho, good game! Thanks for hosting, Green!

godmode on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    If I recall correctly the first steps in the 'What if my game is a farangu phalla? - Recovery Program' are

1. Give the mafia back their standard vanilla traits in case they got less (unmasoned, RNG kills)
    2. Reduce village specials

and revise from there.

I have my own page on the PhallaWiki! Truly I am blessed.

Although, like I said, I didn't help Green with design at all on this one, so according to those rankings, he's more me than I am, apparently.

Also, Phallology was more unbalanced than Transmet to you? Huh.

Farangu on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I didn't add the farangus :) It's certainly possible anyone can make games of higher farangu value. The Sparrowing is headed towards 10 farangus by our latest count, but it's only a 4 on the Montauk scale. That's what we're balancing still.

Phallology had a bigger problem for being a main (a mini relies less on structure because every single [random] happening has more effect) and a faction game at that as well (with no interfaction war). So yeah I agree with Roman phallology is worth more farangus as well as village powers including resurrection.

Alegis on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Sticks wrote: »
    http://erasures.proboards.com

If people want a look-see. Not much there though.

This board isn't actually unlocked - I can see the info center, but not the board with any posts.

Woops, the general category was locked down to members only. Someone try it now and let me know.

Sticks on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wooo, I won this game without ever really doing anything!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wanted to make sure its echoed enough- Green you're a really good host. Both this and the Animorphs game I felt the same way, so well done on that level. I'm sure you'll get the balance down next time :)

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This game was run very well, and had some really cool and interesting mechanics, especially the missions.

Seems that the Reapers had a bit of a bum deal, though. Some balance issues, but still, enjoyable to play in!

Even though I was the most vanilla of the vanillas, and had no powers at all. I did get a couple of missions completed, though!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    As one of the Wall Reapers, I'm a little curious how Green expected the missions to turn out for the village. I only bring it up because that's a hard thing to calculate; if you've got at least one smart player with a good internet connection, the ability to reduce the time limit to 25% only works if the mission is either really difficult or if their internet connection has issues.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Some network craziness and kime being kime (claimed to be composer to Egos) led to me panicking and asking Spoit for confirmation that kime was a contact for him, Spoit told me that kime was also a seer.

Hehe, yeah, I had some fun pretending to be the composer. Then Spoit goes and kills someone when I told people I was seering and I'm not here to change my lie :(. Because I know everyone believed me till then :P.
    Seeing an unbalanced game that I'd win as long as I survived to the end, sold out kime to romanqwerty in an agreement to keep me from being mafia killed, oblivious to the fact that reaper kills were RNGed and all reaper kills would be gone after he died :lol: :twisted:. Learn from conversations with RQ that he was almost certainly not masoned with Infidel, but can't reveal that as it's rather incriminating towards me :whistle:

:lol: you jerk!

Farangu wrote: »
    If I recall correctly the first steps in the 'What if my game is a farangu phalla? - Recovery Program' are

1. Give the mafia back their standard vanilla traits in case they got less (unmasoned, RNG kills)

and revise from there.

Hahaha that page is hilarious. Be proud, Farangu.

Thanks for running Green! Very fun game, if, obviously, a bit unbalanced.

And thanks for helping, Farangu. You deserve credit too :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yes Farangu, a Farangu phalla has now transcended your actual involvement.

Just like Burnage phalla.

Be proud.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How does Farangu have a page and not me? Now I feel saddened.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How does Farangu have a page and not me? Now I feel saddened.

So... What's a Sir Fab Phalla?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It can only be viewed by the chosen ones. Sorry.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It can only be viewed by the chosen ones. Sorry.

I guess that's why you don't have a page on a public wiki, then!

Or, maybe you do, but you are not worthy to see it. :P

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone can make an account on the phalla wiki and edit their own page/other pages.

like this

Use this template for the player box.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Step one has been accomplished. Now, to step two: make my phallas not force people to shake their heads when all is said and done.

Farangu on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Farangu wrote: »

and revise from there.

Although, like I said, I didn't help Green with design at all on this one, so according to those rankings, he's more me than I am, apparently.

Also, Phallology was more unbalanced than Transmet to you? Huh.

More Farangu than you, man

Green on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Wanted to make sure its echoed enough- Green you're a really good host. Both this and the Animorphs game I felt the same way, so well done on that level. I'm sure you'll get the balance down next time :)

Thanks! :D

I really had fun hosting this game, although if I hadn't discovered just how useful spreadsheets are I'm pretty sure I'd be dead right now.

I don't know the next time I'll put together a main game, but right now Egos and I are brainstorming on an Event Horizon mini

Green on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That was an interesting game. I had fun and there would be no hard feeling if I didn't die the night the game ended. I'll kill you all.
    Naw, I'm just messing with you.
    OR AM I!?!
    Yeah, I'm just messing with you.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    In a game full of specials, I was a vanilla villager again (was also in Phallology). Eh, just the way the dice roll I guess. I wanted to try and help with the missions but I knew nothing about the actual video game.

Being a simple village not in any network for these games.... Very boring without a doubt. But in the boredom, I have been coming up with some sweet spreadsheet ideas. :P I didn't put them to use for this game though. I think I would have lost my mind if I would have tried tracking all the voting in this game.

Well, I think I am finally starting to get a better grasp on playing the phallas as opposed to the actual in person games.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Soooo...I almost helped the "mafia" win, but somehow managed to help the village have the mafia kill themselves in a mass implosion.

Yay.

Next time, I think I'll be more cautious.

Godmode: It didn't matter, in the long run. But it's nice to know that I was right at least once in this game.

Edit:
    CaptainPlanet. Be thankful for that normal village role. I would have liked to have not been thinking this game.

daniant on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Being a simple village not in any network for these games.... Very boring without a doubt. But in the boredom, I have been coming up with some sweet spreadsheet ideas. :P I didn't put them to use for this game though. I think I would have lost my mind if I would have tried tracking all the voting in this game.

What made it worse was adding an extra vote on the second day. Four votes, really?

What was the effect from that, anyway? All the non-reapers of that brand, half, or just a specific number of kills?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Soooo...I almost helped the "mafia" win, but somehow managed to help the village have the mafia kill themselves in a mass implosion.

daniant, you almost helped CJ win. There is a difference.

Same with Infidel and Spoit :)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    godmode wrote: »
    Woo! I finally survived one! My apolgies to daniant, as she asked me to seer cheez last night and I chose to seer V_W instead...though I sent the order ten minutes after vote close so it didn't matter anyway. Anywho, good game! Thanks for hosting, Green!

V_W was gonna seer cheez (although I may have had him changed it Timmer , after hearing from daniant that she would get someone one cheez...) anyway so... not a biggie

Egos on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »

daniant, you almost helped CJ win. There is a difference.

Same with Infidel and Spoit :)

And I would have done it too, if it weren't for the mafia getting themselves killed on the last day

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    Timmer wrote: »
    I was a selfless player. I was guarding Egos each night but still didn't trust him 100%.

I appreciate it, Timmer. Sadly you were gonna get seered tonight, so you would have finally had people to talk to hehe.

Hah... would have been fun. This is only my third phalla and I'm not very good at not trusting people (or trusting!) which I think makes these games hard for me. You and kime seemed like you were making good arguments but I still thought if you two were mafia, a good tactic would be acting nice for a few days while slowly getting a couple villagers and maybe sacrificing a mafia or two to build up good will -- then you'd basically have everyone believing you're good and slam the hammer down.

But I didn't really much to go on not having any network. Since no one was speaking up against you guys I thought I'd still go ahead and defend you after the second day. I liked my "vote for kime but guard Ego" thing. My little attempt at *some* deception.

As far as the selfless player thing went, I didn't mind it -- in fact, it made choosing to guard that much more interesting. I never thought of it as a "if I use it, I lose" but rather a "I'm a villager and if I can use it at the right moment, I'll sacrifice myself to allow the village to win!" -- never thought of it as a "but then I lose" condition. In fact, I kept hoping someone would try to get Egos and me make the save - would have been fun :)

P.S. my one bright spot was honestly suspecting Sticks -- and I was right! :)

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Green wrote: »
    More Farangu than you, man

sig'd

Farangu on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Green explictly told me infidel was mafia, and helping the village was in my best interests to find the Composer and Proxy, so O_o from me.

http://callingvillage.proboards.com/index.cgi
    ^Village proboard, unlocked

I thought Infidel was not Mafia at first, so I tried to network with him, which lead to me inadvertently compromising the village network.

Guess that still worked out, because I went nuts trying to fix the damage. :P

Also, I was told I was Neutral, so why am I listed as red?

Man, there was some serious miscommunication in regards to me and Infidel and our win conditions and the results of my seerings.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Also, I was told I was Neutral, so why am I listed as red?

It gets into spoiler-dom...unfortunately by playing this game you've really spoiled yourself

The only good part is that with me being vague you might jump to the wrong conclusion.

Egos on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh that's a lot of identity sharing in a game that hinted of faulty scanning in the OP O_o

I didn't establish proboards/ask to be invited to proboards because I figured keeping who's in contact with who to a minimum would be the best way to fight that sort of thing.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, the only person I really screwed over(that it seems I shouldn't have) was Infidel, so I apologize to him, and I will accept the grudge willingly.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Eh, Green kinda forced your hand, though.

Woo, go network. I'm glad you didn't play as neutral, cj, or I would have been screwed.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The opportunity was there, but I'm not one to backstab people unless I absolutely have to.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    <3 cj

Sorry you lost. We almost made it!

daniant on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So, the only person I really screwed over(that it seems I shouldn't have) was Infidel, so I apologize to him, and I will accept the grudge willingly.
    *ahem*

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat