Options

Fallout New Vegas: Post in the NEW thread, you dorks.

• Options
    dj.subversivedj.subversive Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so, I just picked this up a couple days ago, and I'm impressed. I've been wandering the southern half of the map (sort of a square formed by Goodsprings, Mojave Outpost, Nelson, and Forlorn Hope) doing quests and killing things, and it's a hell of a time. Staying out of Deathclaw country because I like to live. Found a cave and got swarmed by a bunch of snake-dogs (night-something, but all I can think of is "nightkin" and I KNOW that's not it).

Boone is a boon. With him and ED-E and their respective perks, I'm never surprised.

The Blackrock radio station is great.
    "I can see Moe."
    "Moe? Favored Centaur Moe? What's he up to?"
    "Licking the gate. He wants to get out of the pen."

the delivery on "licking the gate" gets me every time. ditto with the bit just before that one about Neil standing by his shack - "Is he still in the same place as before or has he moved at all?" "A little." at least, it DID get me every time until I went up there and rescued Raul. He's more fun to talk to/listen to than Boone is, even though Boone did give me a sweet hat. He's got a good sarcastic old man vibe, which is good because he IS a sarcastic old man. err, ghoul. "I'm sure you'll impress me with your mercantile sense, boss." I'm just wondering what his companion quest is going to be.

Okay, this is too long. I shouldn't be here. back to roaming the Mojave Wasteland with my cowboy-hatted ghoul and a big iron on my hip. :)

dj.subversive on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Could somebody say where Cass is located, so I can pick her up? The Vault wiki isn't really helpful.

Suriko on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've maxed out repair and have hand loader but have no option for making AP rounds. Can you just not make them? If so, I find this irritating as it was one of the main reasons I took hand loader and repair so high.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Benny you stupid moron [late-game spoilers]
    So I slip him the Stealth boy and the bobby pin, right? But the asshole decides that the time to make a break for freedom is right then and there, and dashes outside, making everybody in Caesar's tent instantly hostile and pretty much ensuring my death forever

Cruxifiction's too good for you.
    Could somebody say where Cass is located, so I can pick her up? The Vault wiki isn't really helpful.

NCR outpost by the statue, south end of the map. Mojove Checkpoint or something or the other. Two giant statues there. She's in the bar.

Jintor on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Much obliged.

Also, I love how mods have already fixed my two biggest beefs with the game so far. :)

Suriko on
  • Options
    synesthesiasynesthesia Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alright so where the hell can I go after checking in on Nipton? I know I'm supposed to go to Novak but on the way I got smoked by a gazillion members of the Viper gang.
    I try to go north from Sloan and an alpha male Deathclaw wastes ED-E and me no sweat. This is on normal as well!

synesthesia on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    normal mode is pretty damn brutal in new vegas.

i dread what hard difficulty does.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think I've put at least 15 hours into this game and still haven't made it to the strip. My current quest leads me in there, but I've been doing quests at that NCR base just south of it. Got a very nice weapon from them too:
    This Machine. It's an M1 Garand! I think someone in here mentioned it earlier. Condition doesn't seem to go down at all either.

SteevL on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I just beat the game.

Anti-Materiel rifle?

I want to have sex with it.

I juuuust got this gun buy at the Gun Runners vendor using up all but 2000 of my hard earned caps. Sadly enough, I don't meet the strength requirement, which segues very well into my next question.

Where is the implant clinic located? Also, can you switch out Boone's rifle for a better one?

Black Mountain spoilers
    I remember C2B or ED! saying that they didn't really like this mission, but I found it to be pretty fun on my Sneak/Guns character. It was pretty tense moving up the mountain inch-by-inch, making sure that there were no Nightkin there to attack me. I suppose that I shouldn't have killed all the mutants though, especially since I had a dresser full of Stealth Boys in Novac. Oh well.

How many unique weapons have you guys gotten? I've got the Chopper, Annabelle, Q-35, and the AER14.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    where are you guys finding all this gear? I am desperate for some good armor and a good gun couldn't hurt either. Mainly I need armor though. I would think that by level 13 I'd be swimming in combat armors at the very least.

Shogun on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So the Van Graff's quest?

Holy Shit. That ending was levels of awesome.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    I just beat the game.

Anti-Materiel rifle?

I want to have sex with it.

I juuuust got this gun buy at the Gun Runners vendor using up all but 2000 of my hard earned caps. Sadly enough, I don't meet the strength requirement, which segues very well into my next question.

Where is the implant clinic located? Also, can you switch out Boone's rifle for a better one?

Black Mountain spoilers
    I remember C2B or ED! saying that they didn't really like this mission, but I found it to be pretty fun on my Sneak/Guns character. It was pretty tense moving up the mountain inch-by-inch, making sure that there were no Nightkin there to attack me. I suppose that I shouldn't have killed all the mutants though, especially since I had a dresser full of Stealth Boys in Novac. Oh well.

How many unique weapons have you guys gotten? I've got the Chopper, Annabelle, Q-35, and the AER14.

all your questions are answered in the spoiler
    I only had 4str and I was making peoples heads explode with it no problem, but I also had a perk that reduced the str requirement of all weapons by 2 points, so instead of 8 it was only 6 for me, and by the time i got it I had 100gun skill which may have made up for some of the issues that would have presented with not meeting the str.

implant clinic is NE-ish of the gunrunners

Boone does not need a better rifle, That thing is a demon as he levels up. You can give him a different weapon, but you have to provide him with ammo for it.

Black Mountain was no big deal for Team Sniper. Me with the Sniper Rifle, Boone, and ED-E.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alright so where the hell can I go after checking in on Nipton? I know I'm supposed to go to Novak but on the way I got smoked by a gazillion members of the Viper gang.
    I try to go north from Sloan and an alpha male Deathclaw wastes ED-E and me no sweat. This is on normal as well!

Go along the southern east-west road and look for a NCR or legion outpost. Follow them around and they take care of most of the viper people.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've been hearing a lot of whispers about the ending. Is it really the best to
    fuck everyone and become the new House? And if so, how do I do that, and can I complete faction questlines before doing so?

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't get why the NCR are so afraid of the Legion. Whenever I come across the two groups fighting in the Wasteland, the NCR almost always wins and usually with no casualties to boot.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    fuck everyone and become the new House? And if so, how do I do that, and can I complete faction questlines before doing so?
    the independant ending was kind of lackluste in my opinion. I wasnt able to ocmplete NCR quests, but that might have been due to a sequence break bug or my choice to go to far in replacing house.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

all your questions are answered in the spoiler
    I only had 4str and I was making peoples heads explode with it no problem, but I also had a perk that reduced the str requirement of all weapons by 2 points, so instead of 8 it was only 6 for me, and by the time i got it I had 100gun skill which may have made up for some of the issues that would have presented with not meeting the str.

implant clinic is NE-ish of the gunrunners

Boone does not need a better rifle, That thing is a demon as he levels up. You can give him a different weapon, but you have to provide him with ammo for it.

Black Mountain was no big deal for Team Sniper. Me with the Sniper Rifle, Boone, and ED-E.

I didn't even get a decent Sniper Rifle yet. I have a very poorly maintained Sniper and a perfect condition .50 CAL but I'm probably going to delay using them because they are high-maintenance guns. I'm level 17 and I'm about to go off to Nellis so hopefully I find some decent weapons there. Barring that, I'll just wait and pump repair until I have enough for Jury Rigging.

I really want the Marksman Carbine for some reason. It seems like the best gun in the semi-auto rifle category, though I don't see many upgrades for it in the Fallout Wiki.

Also, here's a decent mod for those who are tired of having to carry around faction armor (stupid BoS Power Armor). It lets your companions carry it around instead.

Another question, is Boone hostile to the BoS? I'm hoping that I wont have to drop him off in Novac everytime I want to go to their outpost.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Having taken over Vegas for myself, it is indeed an awesome ending (though I was left sad that I couldn't bring some Securitrons with me to ravage the wastelands before I finished things). And unfortunately, there's a point of no return for the faction questlines where you basically commit yourself to the end game.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is that the voice of Mark Hamill I hear on Black Mountain Radio? Is is a dead ringer for his Joker voice.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Metallikat wrote: »
    Having taken over Vegas for myself, it is indeed an awesome ending (though I was left sad that I couldn't bring some Securitrons with me to ravage the wastelands before I finished things). And unfortunately, there's a point of no return for the faction questlines where you basically commit yourself to the end game.
    What the point of no return? I don't want to screw myself over.

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ok, so I now have a laser rifle with all the mods, scope, splitter, and the amplifier.

Jesus, it's amazing. Think just smokes people. I'm still looking for other plasma rifle upgrades, I have one, but I'm hoping there are more.

My biggest problem right now is armor, anyone know how to find the regulators for NCR? Is it a level based thing?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

How exactly do you get Cassidy to follow you? I was a little sad I wasn't getting any speech prompts to get her to just get up and go (70 speech currently)

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

How exactly do you get Cassidy to follow you? I was a little sad I wasn't getting any speech prompts to get her to just get up and go (70 speech currently)
    its part of a crimson caravan quest

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is this a bug or have I just screwed myself? re: Vault 11
    I just got to the end of Vault 11. I haven't been to Boulder City yet, and certainly haven't been to the Strip. After I killed all of the robots, the message "Quest Failed: The House Always Wins". Did I really just fail a quest I don't have by exploring this vault?

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Metallikat wrote: »
    What the point of no return? I don't want to screw myself over.
    Don't worry. When doing the main faction questlines, you'll be given a pop-up tell you that if you accept the next quest, you'll be locked into that path.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Go do some quests for Crimson Caravaan. It's a little chain, fairly easy. Results in asking you to go talk to Cass, at that point, you'll get some barter or speech options to get her to follow you.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fuck the BoS right in the tin plated ass. I am tired of these fetch quests.

CaptainNemo on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sure Brotherhood, I'll run on up Black Mountain. I cleared it out like ten levels ago so your harrowing task is more of an annoying detour, but whatever.

Fast travel.

OH fuck oh fuck fuck fuck 4 Master and 2 Nightkin Masters!?

Docshifty on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I just found a novel way of beating "booted"
    Try to untie them and then run as fast as you can west till you hit a caravan which will attack the Legion guys.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, this game is fucking amazing.

Just wandering around, me and Boone decide to a take a little boat ride, and man was it good.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am now in a suit of power armor with an LMG.

Game over, man.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    New Vegas Brotherhood sound like jerks. But then I'm an NCR through and through! (well, I gave the power plant energy to everyone instead of just their bases, but that's still siding with them).

Anyways, where on the map do I have to go to find this cybernetic implant person who can upgrade my stats? I got caps burning a hole in my pocket and I want that last int stat point.

I thought I heard it was in vault city or something, but I still have no idea where to find that, and I'm just getting to New Vegas now.

Astale on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Try to untie them and then run as fast as you can west till you hit a caravan which will attack the Legion guys.
    I was lucky. They were distracted and were drawn off away from their camp around the hill, fighting something that I did not see. So I just untied the captives and ran for it.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I was lucky. They were distracted and were drawn off away from their camp around the hill, fighting something that I did not see. So I just untied the captives and ran for it.
    I only found four total Legionaries at or around the camp: two at the bottom of the hill, and two guarding the prisoners. Boone and I didn't have much trouble with them.

Then I untied the captives and executed them. If I'd known the captives were powder gangers, I wouldn't have even bothered.

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Samm1ch wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I only found four total Legionaries at or around the camp: two at the bottom of the hill, and two guarding the prisoners. Boone and I didn't have much trouble with them.

Then I untied the captives and executed them. If I'd known the captives were powder gangers, I wouldn't have even bothered.

Just bring Boone. Problem solved.

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I have got over how full of rage and anger I was earlier in the thread and have decided to restart. I am going to go the cannibal route again, but this time I'm going to be female, take a few different skills plus the Black Widow perk (which is aptly named). Probably go for Energy Weapons (base combat skill), Science, Speech, Sneak, Lockpick this time around (basically, this build is a "master of unlocking" build). New Vegas is not going to make this easy to pull off though, because skill points are really hard to come by.

Should be a bit of a different experience to my last character, but still playing an out and out psycho. Now with man hating! Does anyone know if ED-E reacts to acts of cannibalism?

Edit: Actually I don't think I'll bother. Too similar to what I was doing the first time. I don't feel like replaying it being too similar.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So... if you go melee you pretty much also need to go unarmed? If you want to get the good perks that is.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Fuck, fuck, fuck. Is there someway, short of having a science of 100 to not get my ass shot off on the third floor of REPCONN headquarters? (Tried to make this as spoiler free as possible.) I just don't have quite enough time before one of those little fuckers catches up to me.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the briefcase.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, decided on Science, Lockpicking, Sneak and Energy Weapons. No speech/barter, I will leave that for another playthrough. Also, I am going to use drugs like mad this time. DRUGS FOR EVERYONE.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my companions are really starting to piss me off, i'm in vault 22 and all of a sudden in the lower levels even though they're set to passive they decide to charge off running through multiple doors to attack everything in sight one after another at which point they die horribly. I'm going to need to tell them to wait outside the area while i tackle it myself at this rate. boone also decides to switch to unarmed even though he's set to ranged and his rifle to die all the sooner for some reason

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin