Options

[WoW][Chat] Cata cata cata pon! (LOTS OF INFO IN THE OP)

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »
    So this question gets asked at the Class Q&A panel.
    But why the change (to NomNomNom's name)?

And no questions about shamans. Fucking christ I hate people.

What sort of questions are you looking for? This was asked at the Open Q&A:
    For enhancement, burst vs abilities that need to ramp up, is there any consideration of addressing the problem in PvE where it's hard to ramp up during an encounter?

We've given a lot of considering to mix things up so that every spec has to adapt and have tried to add ramp up abilities to every spec. That way you can sometimes have the quick burst, or may need to ramp things up depending on the encounter.

At 85 it works really well.

I know it's very specific, but I was hoping to hear something about ele or resto. Particularly about EQ and resto's lack of tank-saving CDs.

Edit: I'm not as upset about that question not being asked (like I said, pretty specific), but about the druid question actually being humored.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You must be new to Blizzcon Q&A's, it's almost 100% retards asking questions that are either horribly misinformed or incredibly inane.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jersey Shore jokes.......

polloface on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Deathwing
    <Aspect of Disconnect>

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlfJmuY1GI

Good God, I want my Warlock to be able to dress like that man in the future.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone know where I can find a video of the Live raid?

Topia on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlfJmuY1GI

Whats funny is how they said they built it, his face is from Tirion, glasses from Ozzys commercial , and the cloak from Arthas.

polloface on
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone have their profession buttons vanish? Logged in today and my tailoring and enchant buttons had vanished from my action bars and my profession page.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I disconnect every time I alt tab out and finish a flight/loading screen :(

But resubbing was a good idea! I got a paladin to 40 before I realized none of my friends that wanted me to come back were playing anymore... so I hopped to another friend's server and got a hunter to 28.

Leveling an alliance paladin was a ton easier than a horde hunter...

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mgcw wrote: »
    You must be new to Blizzcon Q&A's, it's almost 100% retards asking questions that are either horribly misinformed or incredibly inane.

Oh, I know about it. Doesn't mean I can't be upset about it.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    People always go all "why don't they pre-screen these questions" whenever someone asks a silly question like the Nom Nom Nom one. A more cynical person might say that they do pre-screen them, they just choose to answer the sillier ones because they don't feel like answering proper, more difficult ones about class balance and whatnot.

But that would be very silly.

reVerse on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Anyone have their profession buttons vanish? Logged in today and my tailoring and enchant buttons had vanished from my action bars and my profession page.

some of the buttons are gone as of the patch, I'd have to check to see if anything disappeared since.

all the find x buttons are gone which I understand I guess, or I should say they're moved

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A lot of my buttons disappeared in the patch. Just had to go and find them again.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    polloface wrote: »
    [vidurl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlfJmuY1GI[/vidurl]

Whats funny is how they said they built it, his face is from Tirion, glasses from Ozzys commercial , and the cloak from Arthas.

I just wish they added some Witch Hats back in the game. Highest level one at the moment is from Karazhan. Their reluctance to add Appearance Slots annoys me too.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone else watching the closing ceremonies? Whoever they have playing Satan is terrible.

Everything else is awesome.

edit: Apparently, it was Lee. Yes, that Lee.

(He still can't sing)

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Killed Sindy after wiping on her for a week.
    Now we're prepping up for the LK himself. Wish us luck.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    "We have time for 2 more questions!"

"Ghostcrawler promised me a moose, where is it?"

Greg Street not on the stage.

UNLIMITED RAGE!

polloface on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think the Q&A for Diablo was far worse than the Warcraft one that in itself is a feat

Brainleech on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Anyone else watching the closing ceremonies? Whoever they have playing Satan is terrible.

Everything else is awesome.

edit: Apparently, it was Lee. Yes, that Lee.

(He still can't sing)

While he couldn't sing, he was certainly getting into it.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is anyone else getting the wrong music playing in the wrong places?

Like, I just flew through Southshore and it played the Ashenvale Forest music; orwhen i log into a character, it plays the music of the last area I was in on the previous character I was logged into.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HedwirezHedwirez Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Has Blizzard considered people returning with odd level characters when creating the Cataclysm content? I would love to come back to WoW but with the only character I would want to play being a level 62 paladin, it looks like I would have a good couple of months of play (I am a fairly casual player) before seeing anything new (got to 72 in WoTLK and have already been through the whole of outland twice).

Am I just stuck? I rerolled about 6 months ago and enjoyed getting to 62 as I hadn't been in Azeroth for a while. This now seems somewhat foolish, as I would have liked to reroll when the new low level content is around. However, even then I wouldnt want to have to go through the BC content again.

Hedwirez on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well I am going to take my bank out for a spin to see the new Troll stuff at that level. as for other things I do have some goals but did they remove the mount quests?

I am going to play a worgen warrior but I really wish they would give a clear answer about character slots and buy another account

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hedwirez wrote: »
    Has Blizzard considered people returning with odd level characters when creating the Cataclysm content? I would love to come back to WoW but with the only character I would want to play being a level 62 paladin, it looks like I would have a good couple of months of play (I am a fairly casual player) before seeing anything new (got to 72 in WoTLK and have already been through the whole of outland twice).

Am I just stuck? I rerolled about 6 months ago and enjoyed getting to 62 as I hadn't been in Azeroth for a while. This now seems somewhat foolish, as I would have liked to reroll when the new low level content is around. However, even then I wouldnt want to have to go through the BC content again.

Getting a new charater through Azeroth should prove to be easy as hell AND fun with Cata.

But yeah, you'll still have to go through at least part of Outland before hitting WotLK content (67 is the minimum I think. If you did as many quests in each area before moving on, you should be in Nagrand when you hit 67). But don't forget; your Paladin is only 62, you'll STILL have to go through Outland either way.

Just power through it and before you know it you'll be in Northrend, and then you'll be in Azeroth again tearing up shit in the 80+ places.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    Work SafeWork Safe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man I just saw the login screen. The Wotlk roar is pleasant compared to this noise. Metal screeching every time i start the game? Rough

Work Safe on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Work Safe wrote: »
    Oh man I just saw the login screen. The Wotlk roar is pleasant compared to this noise. Metal screeching every time i start the game? Rough

You won't hear it because you will still be deaf from the GONG on the launcher.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Work SafeWork Safe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

I wonder if it's viable to change the sound files, put in some led zep or something

Work Safe on
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

Well .. you can disable the launcher ...

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    HofBrauHofBrau Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone know where to go to watch that documentary they showed at the after party? "The Raid" i caught the last 20 minutes of it last night in the live stream.

EDIT
    answered my own question. I guess if you missed the live stream you have to wait for them to decide how they want to distribute the film, hopefully its free lol

HofBrau on
    No gods or kings, just man.
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Best way from 60-70? Instance the fuck out of it or actually quest most of it? I'm thinking of just staying constantly queued if the instances are as easy as the pre-BC ones are now. Myself, a Priest, and a Deathknight all at level 58 cleared Stratholme live side. Ridiculous.

Esh on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Exactly what is going on during that "Applying non-critical updates" phase in the launcher? I tried leaving the launcher open until that got done, but then it continues again a day or two later.

Echo on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    Best way from 60-70? Instance the fuck out of it or actually quest most of it? I'm thinking of just staying constantly queued if the instances are as easy as the pre-BC ones are now. Myself, a Priest, and a Deathknight all at level 58 cleared Stratholme live side. Ridiculous.

Questing while queuing for dungeons?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Esh wrote: »

Questing while queuing for dungeons?

That's what I just said. I'm wondering if the dungeons are as cakewalky as the pre-BC ones became because I could make a ton of exp in a VERY short time pre-60 doing dungeons.

Questing, sometimes it's just easier to not queue as to not get distracted. If the time doesn't equal the reward for speed, I won't bother with dungeons as much this time around.

Esh on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It can be done but beware. You'll hit a bleak spot around 64-65 until 68 that keeps you running either Mana-Tombs or Auchenei Crypts. Both are pieces of shit and I stopped queueing because of them.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Aargh, stop failing at payments, Blizzard. I transfered a character just fine, stop bitching about payments not working when I try to faction change one hour later.

Echo on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I tried upgrading to lich king digitally about a million times and got the same error. Ended up having to get it retail. Wondering if cataclysm will have the same problem.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wait, what? I kept getting "payment error" failures time after time, and now I get an email about the faction change being complete?

You suck, Blizzard.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh. It's not done. They did the transfer, but they still want payment.

You suck, Blizzard.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And instantly after entering the payment info again, they throw up the lockout screen without trying to contact my bank, so now my rogue is stuck in limbo for another 24 hours.

You suck, Blizzard.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I can see the fucking sum fucking reserved on my fucking bank statement, Blizzard.

You suck, Blizzard.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I can see the fucking sum fucking reserved on my fucking bank statement, Blizzard.

You suck, Blizzard.

Just roll a new rogue. It'll probably be faster.

Esh on
This discussion has been closed.