As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phalpha Centauri - Game Over! Transcendence Victory!

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Looks like we need to elect someone to get this mess sorted out

But in times like these, wishy washy sentiment won't do anything but drag the populace into a mire on confusion. No, we need strong direction. We need to elect a force that will iron out any potential kinks, bulldozer disruption and create order in the thread.

We need someone to rule with an Iron fist.

A rusty metal Iron fist.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Scan complete. Datalinks returning to full functionality. Source of crash located. Requesting backup visual data. Data received. Stand by for playback.

DAY 1
    THE BREACH

The planetary conference room was a buzz of activity. Not actual, physical activity; each ambassador from each city was represented by holographic projection. It was simple, and led to far less assassinations. The holograms that belonged to each of the seven leaders stood on raised pedestals at each corner of the room, surrounded by their followers below. Lady Diedre Skye had the floor.

“The destruction of Gaia’s Landing by foreign action was a crime that our people will not stand for. It is not in the planetary council’s interest to deal with any and every Mind Worm infestation this planet faces, especially in such a destructive, abominable way. This is why I call for the immediate resignation of Chairman Yang as planetary governor and a vote to decide his replacement.”

A roar of contempt from The Hive corner arose, as well as several other positions in the room who had supported many of Yang’s measures. Yang laughed quietly under his breath.

“I am well aware of your reservations lady. I will happily step back and allow another election to take place; I have achieved much in these past 4 years regardless, and I’m sure many of my esteemed colleagues in this room will agree. I expect to be back in my role within a day.”

“Then it is decided.” Speaker Matthews declared. “All council cities must submit their votes for planetary governor by-“

The power died. The screens turned blank and the holograms faded. A few seconds later they returned, only to find that the banks of screens that lined the walls each displayed a single symbol.

angels3.png

“Now this is what I call the jazz, hmm?” spoke a female voice from the monitors. “Council meetings can be such a drag you know, it can be hard to sit through it without goin’ a little bit cross-eyed. So I’ve decided to make things a little interesting.”

The screens changed. Now instead they were displaying a Planetbuster missile, primed and ready to launch.

“Hehehe. You’d think with all those big bad missiles in once place you would have protected their launch sequences just a little bit?” Several of the council members present let out horrified gasps. The faction leaders looked on with concern. “Now I don’t really have any bad blood with you big shots, so instead of just firing these all off and killing you all where you stand, I’ve decided to have a little fun with you. Each of you gathered here today may input target coordinates into this central computer here, see? Then, at the deadline, the city at the coordinates inputted by the most people goes boom. A simple game, but most of the jazz is in the simple things, no? Have fun. Roze out.”

Recording ends. Immediate action adivised.

!Vote in green for the player who you believe should become next planetary governor. They will hold this role for 2 days. As governor they may choose measures to bring before the council to be voted on.

!Vote in red for the player to be targeted by a Planetbuster missile and destroyed.

You have the right to actively !Abstain for either vote.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gumps where on earth have you been

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Far off Robot-Tibet, learning from the Robo-Monks how to Robo-Crush my enemies like never before

My first act as Governor will be to actively seek out and destroy all that abstain from the vote

You will not be able to hide by refusing to voice an opinion

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What about the RNG immigrants? They take our votes!

Alegis on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Oh shit no. Not conversions, thralls, spies. I don't wanna...

ronrab as consolation for missing playing in my game twice in a row now.

Aww, that's sweet! Thank you!

ronrab because you can always trust rabbits to run things properly. Just look at Watership Down.

... on second thought, don't do that.

Mordroth for usual day 1 reasons, ie none. (Except nice daniant voted for him.)

ronrab on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I remember my first game fondly...

I remember True Names 2: The Namening...

I remember Cynic Jester selling out his faction and every single person allied with him.

As close as a reason I can get on day 1...

Gumpy for chairmain! Why? Mind worms can't effect him...can they?!

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Far off Robot-Tibet, learning from the Robo-Monks how to Robo-Crush my enemies like never before

My first act as Governor will be to actively seek out and destroy all that abstain from the vote

You will not be able to hide by refusing to voice an opinion

Chnging my vote to !Gumpy for his foolishness. Those apathetic voters would be best incarcerated in Nova Prospekt for the time being so they may have time and peace to fully consider their vote.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, I'm thinking that the most trustworthy* person here is !Burnage.

And the most dangerous person here is Kime!

[tiny]*meaning that we all know how he's going to act once he's handed near infinite power.[/tiny]

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Capfalcon for having the fortune of being the last post I read.

and in similar decisive fashion, whoever posts first after this will get my vote for governer, because they want it most

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Do we win if we all abstain?

Well, it had to be asked...

Crumble on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, I'm thinking that the most trustworthy* person here is !Burnage.

And the most dangerous person here is Kime!

[tiny]*meaning that we all know how he's going to act once he's handed near infinite power.[/tiny]

:twisted: My reign shall be endless

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    While we're on the subject of conversions...can masons be trusted?

daniant on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations, Crumble

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    3clipse threatens the Thunderdome, a city held in high regard by my Llammas. Whores and bloodshed are actually two of the Llammas favortie vices, giving my city two natural allies on this world that supercede petty faction differences.

Also, support High President Kias to lead our planet against the mind worm threat. I have an elite squad of my finest Llamma Legionaires ready to stomp out the enemies of humanity.

llama.jpg

Let us first unite to cleanse this threat before we commence with our inevitable mutual destruction!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia for the most benevolent of matriarchies. Also free whippings!

And Kime.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The_Anonymous

Burnage

godmode on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Crumble wrote: »
    Do we win if we all abstain?

Well, it had to be asked...

Just try to all abstain. I dare you.

But seriously no, nothing special happens if everyone abstains

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, we managed to pull it off in Phallasburg.

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmmmm I think Kiascause I can and Alegis cause who doesn't trust a bird wearing sunglasses surrounded by glitter?

mascara305 on
    Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The RNG demandsArivia.

And sanity demands Burnage...

Or is that insanity, I get the two confused.

Crumble on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ladies and Gentlemen, might I have your attention for a brief public service announcement on a man we all know and respect:

Burnage Von Glovefuck
    image.php?u=27247&dateline=1285595606

Burnage has been a member of our community for a long time and has shown himself to be exceedingly capable as both a leader and organizer of our people. Indeed, I can not think of a man who embodies excellence any more than Mr. Glovefuck.

But, good representatives of our fair cities, I ask you this: do we want excellence in our leader? In this time of doubt, an overly capable leader is potentially the single most dangerous threat to the continued existence of humanity. Sure, he will run our council with exceeding efficiency, but will that efficiency drive us to victory or into the maw of the ever growing Mind Worm menace?

So, when you make your vote, vote for Safety! Vote for mediocrity! Vote for Kias!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited October 2010
    mascara305 wrote: »
    cause who doesn't trust a bird wearing sunglasses surrounded by glitter?
    girls

:sadface:

Alegis on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The humble citizens of New Benin shall cast its mighty vote for Alegis based upon random determination.

They have also determined that Burnage is the best person to lead at this moment, by very slim majority.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    What about the RNG immigrants? They take our votes!

The act of RNG voting can never be proven! An RNG vote is as readable as any other

But an abstaining is pure scorched earth policy, and that will not be tolerated

Vote for what is right

Vote for a Robot to crush your foes

Gumpy on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gumpy, to prevent the robot apocalypse from ravaging Alpha Centauri like it ravaged the Earth.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, choosing between Gumpy and Burnage is hard.

Gonna stick with Burnage because I don't want to waffle, but let it be known that Gumpy still rules,

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Burnage I want to hear more about your policies

Specifically, the one where you state your immediate wish to find your head replaced by rusty metal knuckles

With little eyes drawn on so no one notices

Gumpy on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, when you make your vote, vote for Safety! Vote for mediocrity! Vote for Kias!

kias, you were || this close to buying me a new keyboard. Thankfully, I was able to stifle the laughter long enough to swallow my coffee.

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I always thought *shakes magic 8 ball* godmode would make a good sucker.. err I mean governator.

Khalis Prime residents asked me to pass on that BestDamnCity is not actually the Best Damn City so they would like Burnage to burn. We must not let such lies exist!

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Burnage I want to hear more about your policies

Specifically, the one where you state your immediate wish to find your head replaced by rusty metal knuckles

With little eyes drawn on so no one notices

I suspect that you misread the proposed policy to reduce all rusty robots to scrap metal.

Burnage on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Burnage for governor.

I have no problem with the Thunderdome. Who started that rumor?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    I have no problem with the Thunderdome. Who started that rumor?

Tina Turner?

ronrab on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jdarksun because he really should be tending to his child. What a selfish, awful parent, trying to find some small amount of online entertainment instead of catering to his son's every whim. Voting him off would be doing him a favor.

My green vote will go to the first person who asks for it.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've heard "good" things about Burnage!

Green on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    !Reserve up, please?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kias is lucky 55.

Burnage

What could go wrong.?

simulacrum on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    !What happens if the same person wins both the red and green vote?

durax on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Then we elect a new governor post-haste, clearly.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rysk since an angry loose cannon is clearly the best leader
    and
    Rainfall because that's CLEARLY a worm right up there. ^

Mordroth on