[Fallout] Super Mutants and Deathclaws and Geckos OH MY

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    Save often.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Restart because the first character you make is bad and you should probably make a new one

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And in multiple slots

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    NOOOOOO

My fallout 2 disc is missing. I have the jewel case but not the disc

NOOOOOO

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aargh. The Followers
    just "upgraded" WALL-E or whatever the robot is called and now its inventory is empty. I'm guessing that all the stuff that was in there is gone for good ? Is there any mod which allows me to edit inventory ?

Fairchild on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ED-E:
    It's gone.

L|ama on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    NOOOOOO

My fallout 2 disc is missing. I have the jewel case but not the disc

NOOOOOO

You can get it from GoG for like $6

Rizzi on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    ED-E:
    It's gone.
    Well crap. I was afraid of that. Didn't have anything really valuable in there because, this being FALLOUT, I figured there was a better than even chance that ED's inventory might get scrubbed at some point.

Is there an inventory editor out there ?

Fairchild on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There's always ~ player.additem ID from the wiki number of item

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ~player.additem [itemid] [amount] is the console command, the itemids are all listed on the vault wiki

L|ama on
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fairchild wrote: »
    ED-E:
    It's gone.
    Well crap. I was afraid of that. Didn't have anything really valuable in there because, this being FALLOUT, I figured there was a better than even chance that ED's inventory might get scrubbed at some point.

Is there an inventory editor out there ?

there's an easy fix for it if you're using pc (i assume you are if you're asking for an inventory editor):
    ed-e and the upgraded versions of ed-e are actually considered separate characters, so if you use the original ed-e ID and use the "open inventory" command in the terminal with it, it should work. I think it's:
    1. open console, enter this: prid 1732d1
    2. then enter this: OpenTeammateContainer 1

I think that's all you need to do but may need more research - it's definitely doable, though.

hush on
    This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All the items in the chests in the Lucky 38 disappeared on me :x Granted, they were mostly just crafting items, but I also lost a few unique items (luckily none of the ones that were actually useful)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay, I have to wonder as to who is the invincible NPC in Fallout: New Vegas. I previously thought it was
    Victor
    but if you go a certain route you can indeed actually kill him. So I'm a bit confused as to which NPC it is that can't be killed.

Is it
    Yes Man?

Not that I particularly mind this, because I have almost finished my "exterminate the wastes" playthrough. I'm going to guess that second NPC because it allows you a route of finishing the game even if you terminate everyone else.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well yes man
    just uploads himself to another securitron if you kill him, I think

and victor
    respawns in 24 hours if you kill him

L|ama on
  • Options
    gnodabgnodab Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love me some power armor, but I hate the running speed penalty it bestows :|

An armor handling perk that lessened or removed that would be pretty neat

gnodab on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well yes man
    just uploads himself to another securitron if you kill him, I think

and victor

"WELL HOWDY PARDNER!"

Didn't I kill you already.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Behemoth wrote: »
    It seems odd that there isn't a formal quest for killing Motor-Runner when there is one for killing those other random Fiends.

On a completely unrelated note, the chainsaw is awesome.

About that:
    I did notice when you speak with him in the vault there is an "The NCR sent me to kill you" dialogue option, so maybe it is a quest, just not one of the explicit ones?

Also, I need some help with the Mr. House/NCR quests:
    Is there a way to reprogram the robots for the NCR cause? I took several different approaches, but they all seem to come down to either giving House the chip, or killing him. I don't necessarily want to kill him cause he seems sorta OK, but I want to neutralize him as a threat. Any thoughts?

Yall on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Behemoth wrote:
    It seems odd that there isn't a formal quest for killing Motor-Runner when there is one for killing those other random Fiends.

There is a formal quest to kill motor-runner.
    You get it from Colonel Hsu at Camp McCaran. He's on the first floor through the door to your left when you first enter the terminal building. One of the quests he gives you is to find a missing NCR ranger, and when you find the ranger in question he gives you a follow up step to eliminate motor-runner.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I started playing some of the original Fallout tonight.

It's really fun. What are some tips so I don't mess everything up?

Aside from the "save often, and in different slots" advice, it's also a good idea to know when to save. I'm playing it too right now, and I screwed things up with the Brotherhood of Steel by saying the wrong thing to Cabbot and now he won't let me in. He just tells me to go away and my speech is too low so I am working on grinding to build up my speech skill. Had I saved before speaking to him (well, and realized I was going to be locked out forever), I'd not be in this predicament.

Also, there's a mod out there that lets you increase the resolution, although it runs really laggy in higher resolutions. 800x600 is running fine though.

SteevL on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    I started playing some of the original Fallout tonight.

It's really fun. What are some tips so I don't mess everything up?

Aside from the "save often, and in different slots" advice, it's also a good idea to know when to save. I'm playing it too right now, and I screwed things up with the Brotherhood of Steel by saying the wrong thing to Cabbot and now he won't let me in. He just tells me to go away and my speech is too low so I am working on grinding to build up my speech skill. Had I saved before speaking to him (well, and realized I was going to be locked out forever), I'd not be in this predicament.

Also, there's a mod out there that lets you increase the resolution, although it runs really laggy in higher resolutions. 800x600 is running fine though.

i'd use timeslips version, more upto date and and no lag, works better with mods too but not sure if the bigger area graphics mod is out yet like it is for fo2.

edit: seems its nolonger supported, however you have to turn off the dx9 mode in the ini options for the mod to get rid of the laggyness for the high resolutions, should of mentioned that before but its been awhile..

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anyone know where I can get a stealthboy? I havent seen one for like 40 hours now

GaryO on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    GaryO wrote: »
    anyone know where I can get a stealthboy? I havent seen one for like 40 hours now

should be some at repcon near novac, or try 188, i think some of the travelling merchants have them too.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    GaryO wrote: »

I think I've found at least 15 over the course of about 45 hours. There's at least one to be had at the REPCONN Test Site, can't remember where else I've grabbed them.

Question for those who have completed the game on Wild Card or NCR.
    I'm looking to go with the most benevolent possible route for this character, and though the NCR are the so-called "good guys" they make me a little bit nervous. I feel like the best route for Vegas overall would be to go independent, but I wondered if anyone could offer me some insight into this, as I don't want to go Wild Card and come off like House. I just want to do what's going to be most beneficial for New Vegas and its residents.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yall wrote: »
    Behemoth wrote: »

About that:
    I did notice when you speak with him in the vault there is an "The NCR sent me to kill you" dialogue option, so maybe it is a quest, just not one of the explicit ones?

Also, I need some help with the Mr. House/NCR quests:
    Is there a way to reprogram the robots for the NCR cause? I took several different approaches, but they all seem to come down to either giving House the chip, or killing him. I don't necessarily want to kill him cause he seems sorta OK, but I want to neutralize him as a threat. Any thoughts?

You can
    give Mr. House the chip and still not ruin your chances with the NCR. All it does it make all the robots Mk2s, which gives them Gatling lasers and missile launchers.
    He then asks you to do another quest which still doesn't put you at odds with the NCR.

You have ONE further quest beyond that before you begin to be at odds with the NCR.

I do not know how it plays out at the end, but so far, I was able to stay loyal to the NCR. I did need to kill Mr. House at this point though.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm currently getting a crash to desktop bug whenever I try and bind a weapon to a key this just recently started has anyone else had this and know of a way to fix it?

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tanolen wrote: »
    Cade wrote: »
    The only thing I've bought are the cards and stimpacks.

That's it.

Alot of weapons and armor cost alot of money, also there are perks you can buy. You can easily spend 50k+ buying that stuff.

What.

I never heard of any buyable perks, are you thinking of implants ?

Also I´m level 9 in Nipton with 42.000 caps (Caravan is too good)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sirialis wrote: »

That's it.

Alot of weapons and armor cost alot of money, also there are perks you can buy. You can easily spend 50k+ buying that stuff.

What.

Yeah, Caravan and Blackjack pretty much break the game money-wise if you've got a decent Luck score. I think I cleared 10,000 caps at the Tops and got banned in about 15 minutes.

I haven't had less than 40,000 caps for the last 15 hours or so, and I've got seven implants and several unique weapons repaired up to full that cost 10,000+ caps to fix.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

That's it.

What.

Yeah, Caravan and Blackjack pretty much break the game money-wise if you've got a decent Luck score. I think I cleared 10,000 caps at the Tops and got banned in about 15 minutes.

I haven't had less than 40,000 caps for the last 15 hours or so, and I've got seven implants and several unique weapons repaired up to full that cost 10,000+ caps to fix.
    I cleared almost 200k at the Tops via blackjack & slots by sheer luck (I think I only have 5 luck on my char, heh), and I feel like I've totally broken the game.
    Made just under 10k on blackjack, then hit up a slot machine for the hell of it, bet the max and hit a tidy jackpot :? Seems odd to me that at level 13, I can afford pretty much everything I could ever want.

Kivutar on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Want to hear something cute? In the Japanese release of Fallout NV, Restoring Hope can't be finished in ANY version of the game. grumblegrumble

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Super Sledge + Sledge Hammer + Jury Rigging = Massive Profit.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You don't need luck to win at Caravan. Just build decks entirely of 10s, 9s and 7s. :DDDDDDDDDD

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Caravan is just too easy in my opinion, I really think the AI should use Jacks and Kings against you, in order to make it more challenging.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I dont understand caravan, I've never won a game.

Which is okay, cause I just go to vegas and walk away with like 30k in winnings and selling of weapons and armor of the idiots who got in my way on the way to vegas.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TanolenTanolen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

That's it.

What.

Yea

Tanolen on
  • Options
    Jason00Jason00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    After 40hrs, I finally went to the Legion camp. This has been my favorite part of the game so far:
    I seriously laughed pretty hard when Benny called me a 'vindictive fuck' after I told him he was going to be crucified. My karma is saintly, but there is no way I can excuse shooting me, burying me alive, and then sending goons to kill me once I find you.

I still don't know who I am going to align with, although I am leaning towards independence.

Jason00 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    and victor

Nope, you can permanently kill Victor after a certain point.

Only Yes Man is defying my homicidal machinations and it's definitely for the reason I think it is.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and before that point, you could just hand wave it as
    victor being downloaded into a new securitron to make sure you get to where house wants you

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I read something during lunch about Numbers stations in Fallout 3. In particular, if you kill Three-Dog, his station will play morse code once in a while. These morse code seem to be predictions about OUR world. Spears gets a msuic award in 20-something. 2014, the Queen dies, etc.

Sounds kinda cool. Sounds like something a clever group of programmers would put in.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so apparently using explosives during the final battle is bad, ncr troopers keep getting in the way and getting themselves blown up so now they all hate me. im on your side fuckwits!

GaryO on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah that is exactly why you can't kill him before that. But afterwards it is entirely possible to permanently kill him. I just finished my extermination of the waste. Aside from children (obviously) there is absolutely no named NPC in existence anywhere.

Oddly I still have saint Karma. Go figure.

Aegeri on