Options

LewiePs Mummy painting for Penny Arcade forum. NSF56k

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's finished! Now all I need is an address to send it to.
    I'm going to hunt for batteries so I can take a decent picture of it, though :):):) happy

http://plixi.com/p/45458350

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looks beautiful, LPM.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks, Darian! I've just noticed I put in the wrong link, that's not finished, cos the book isn't red! I'll check the right link on twitter.
    Here's the right link:
    http://plixi.com/p/45458350

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    x22b5a3ae.jpg
    Fantastic. :)

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Edit: Beated!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks, Zilla!
    And thank you, both!

I'm going to do something from The Last Guardian for Child's Play next, the screenshot of the cateagle holding the boy in it's teeth, I think.

Then it's Just-Bri-Thanks, so get thinking what you'd like me to paint, and send me a link to a high res image, please, as soon as you can, cos I'll probably do both as I've some holiday time coming up at work.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    At last, I've found batteries for my camera! here's a (hopefully) clearer image than the one from my iphone:

[URL="[URL=http://img836.imageshack.us/i/007gv.jpg/][IMG]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9968/007gv.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]"][/url]007gv.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Just to say I've been a bit busy - in London with my mum last week for her birthday, and on my way there again with Lewie for eurogamer expo. Normal service will be resumed next week!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    He, he, he, had to explain to the Sony Move demo guy how to play Heavy Rain, how the controls work, about the difficulty settings, he hadn't a clue, yet was demo-ing Move by trying to play it! He had to play it on the easy setting, and still couldn't do it! felt such a geek :)

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    :^:

You're the best geek mum, truly.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So, here's a quick update of something i'm doing for Child's play, while LewieP sorts out my opening files issue for Just_Bri_Thanks.

I'm painting an image from the new Professor Layton (and hating that there will be a combined Prof Layton and Phoenix Wright), so here's what I've done so far:

Pencil outline:

http://plixi.com/p/51270105

Partly inked in:

plixi.com/p/51397651

Inked in outline:

plixi.com/p/51438649

And this is where Darian magically makes the pictures appear in his next post, cos i have no clue how to do so from a twitter image!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    So, here's a quick update of something i'm doing for Child's play, while LewieP sorts out my opening files issue for Just_Bri_Thanks.

I'm painting an image from the new Professor Layton (and hating that there will be a combined Prof> Layton and Phoneix Wright), so here's what i've done so far:

Pencil outline:

x2_30e51d9

Partly inked in:

x2_3104413

Inked in outline:

x2_310e439

And this is where Darian magically makes the pictures appear in his next post, cos i have no clue how to do so from a twitter image!

I'm just right-clicking the image from the twitter page and choosing "copy image location". Nothing too fancy, but glad to help.

Darian on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I have good feelings about that Layton painting, it looks really cool so far!

Iruka on
  • Options
    NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Omgah I'm jealous!

Nanaki on
    Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Darian wrote: »

I'm just right-clicking the image from the twitter page and choosing "copy image location". Nothing too fancy, but glad to help.

<3<3<3<3

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I am sorry my files are causing problems. Is there anything I can do?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Don't worry, I sorted it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    *whew*

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yep, apparently, when I unzipped the files on my PC, it didn't like it, and pretended they didn't exist :( Thankfully, Lewie sorted it out for me (benefits of having an uber-geek son!)
    Which image would you like me to paint?

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Which ever one you like the best. I'll zip up the characters again and send them to you shortly.

Edit: It would seem that the time zones are working against me as far as the promptness of my replies is concerned.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yay! Its making sense to me now - honestly, I'm supposed to be an intelligent person, but at times, you wouldn't think so! I've got the backgrounds, got the characters, now to just blend the two together! Just_Bri_Thanks, do you have a favourite background out of all of them that you'd like me to use?

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I leave the art to the artist. Pick your favorite please.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So, here goes posting some professor Layton - this one's for Child's Play, for the auction in Seattle in December.

http://plixi.com/p/52863951

OK, I tried to copy it like Darian said, and failed miserably!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    So, here goes posting some professor Layton - this one's for Child's Play, for the auction in Seattle in December.

x2_326a3cf

LP's M, please hit the quote button on this post and look at how I formatted it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

x2_326a3cf

LP's M, please hit the quote button on this post and look at how I formatted it.

OK, I have, but I still don't understand - treat me like I'm about 5, use words of no more than one syllabul(?) and I might get it!
    I'm much safer and more competent using my camera and imageshack, cos I know what I'm doing then!

The really good news is the gas man has arrived to mend my central heating - my house is sooooo cold right now!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    LPM, I know we have this discussion once every few months, but I wanted to let you know I had a friend over who saw the Shadow of the Colossus painting you made for me and was simply enthralled. He offered me several hundred dollars for it and I refused.

I've decided I am going to get it framed and I wanted to remind you that as soon as I graduate from school in two years I intend to offer you large sums of money with my new job to make a series of paintings for my new nicer, apartment.

Also, I eagerly await for the line to open again so I can get one legitimately earlier.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    OK, here it is with some extra spaces so you can see the tags:

[ url="The URL of the page that your photos is on goes here" ][ img ]The url of the specific picture you want to link to goes here.[ /img ][ /url ]

Those last bits close the tags so the browser knows when to stop parsing them. The url tag makes the clicky function work, and the img tag shows the picture here on the boards.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Megaman001: you make me smile so much, bless you, you are very lovely!
    Just_Bri_Thanks: thank you for the instructions, I'll try to follow them the next time I post a picture. I'm planning on starting yours this week, I'll do a mock-up first, photo that, and see what you think.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Yay!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Fables painting came in the mail yesterday and it looks fantastic. It looks great LewieP's mummy <3<3<3

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes! it arrived in one piece! Glad you like it.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    OK, don't laugh, knowing my rubbishy technical skills - I'm thinking of setting up a blog using blogger, to post my paintings - I can't access PA at work to show people what I've been doing, and ther's a few people interested. Lewie can help me til I get the hang of it, but i don't know what to call it. I don't want to use LewieP's Mummy as the title, cos I'm also SuzannahP's Mummy, KevinP's wife, LisaC's and GemmaC's foster mum, and also just me. I can't decide what to call it, but also don't really want to use my name, cos that feels a bit up myself.

Any ideas?

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Inspired Art

Darian on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    OK, don't laugh, knowing my rubbishy technical skills - I'm thinking of setting up a blog using blogger, to post my paintings - I can't access PA at work to show people what I've been doing, and ther's a few people interested. Lewie can help me til I get the hang of it, but i don't know what to call it. I don't want to use LewieP's Mummy as the title, cos I'm also SuzannahP's Mummy, KevinP's wife, LisaC's and GemmaC's foster mum, and also just me. I can't decide what to call it, but also don't really want to use my name, cos that feels a bit up myself.

Any ideas?

I think this may have been lost in translation from across the pond. However, it made me laugh.

I understand not using LewieP's Mummy, I mean, that's not really fair to anyone else - but could we use the acronym LPM for something else?

Lovely Painted Magic? Lewd Pervy Men? Likely Protestant Mother?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh, dear, definitely lost in translation - it means being full of yourself, proud, boastful, arrogant.

It makes me chuckle, the differences in our languages - we had an american boy staying with us for a few days this week, I taught him "gobsmacked" (shocked), "knackered" (very tired, worn out) as well as clarifying that a brew is a cup of tea, not a beer; a fortnight is 2 weeks long; and that a bloke is a man!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    So, my blog is up and running - I decided to call it canvas and paints, its been fun getting it ready, and I was surprised to find just how many paintings I've done. I need to thank all of you - i would never have had the confidence to do this if it were not for all the support, encouragement and help i've had from all of you, so THANK YOU!!!!!!

I've done a small Limbo painting, for Beast!, who won the bidding on the SE++ auction that Mully organised, so, because I knew it would be quick, I've done that before starting Just_Bri_Thanks painting - I've had a challenging 2 weeks at work, working way over my 18 hours, working with parents who are experiencing domestic abuse from their children, and consequently, have been very tired and quite stressed. here's hoping next week is a bit calmer!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1161/photo2yq.jpg

I've planned Just_Bri_Thanks's painting out, I'm getting started on the outline now.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Hey everyone: LewieP's Mummy needs a hug. Can someone make it happen please?

I'm... way too far away.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So, my blog is up and running - I decided to call it canvas and paints, its been fun getting it ready, and I was surprised to find just how many paintings I've done. I need to thank all of you - i would never have had the confidence to do this if it were not for all the support, encouragement and help i've had from all of you, so THANK YOU!!!!!!

I've done a small Limbo painting, for Beast!, who won the bidding on the SE++ auction that Mully organised, so, because I knew it would be quick, I've done that before starting Just_Bri_Thanks painting - I've had a challenging 2 weeks at work, working way over my 18 hours, working with parents who are experiencing domestic abuse from their children, and consequently, have been very tired and quite stressed. here's hoping next week is a bit calmer!
    photo2yq.jpg

I've planned Just_Bri_Thanks's painting out, I'm getting started on the outline now.

Darian on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LP's Mum, how do you plan out your paintings? Last year for G&TSS I did a batman one, which I pretty much did by eye from a cover a cropped and printed.
    So...what do you use for your outlines on the canvas? Just a plain pencil? And do you draw your outlines freehand or do you have something your basing it on?
    After doing my painting last year, I've wanted to do more painting (my wife has done some), but I'm not good with planning ahead on what I'm going to paint...

Also, the Prof. Layton painting looks spectacular.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hey, Custom Special, I'm glad you like the Professor!

When you were little, did you ever have those colouring books that sometimes had a small picture in the corner, with a grid on top of it, then a bigger grid for you to enlarge the small picture? Cos that's how I do it! I print off an A4 image of what I'm painting, measure the image, draw or fold a grid over it, then scale the grid up onto the canvas I'm using, then copy the sections of the grid on the image onto the canvas in pencil, making sure all the edges of the grid shapes match up. After that, it's just painting by numbers, as I copy the colours as closely as I can from the original.

LewieP's Mummy on