Options

Stephen Scott's [chat]ada

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic, I hate you for posting that.

Cinders on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate you too, cinders

I bet you don't even remember why

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit

apparently some fucker has been prank calling the families of deployed Canadian troops and telling them their sons died in Afghanistan, pretending to be military

who the fuck would do that

Someone that needs to go to prison?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LoL gets less fun the higher level everything is : /

the stakes get ludicrously high and people do shit which is extremely demoralizing and infuriating like zoning all the time

it sort of turns into a different game

a game that can be fun but you have to rely on your teammates so much more than you did in the early levels. if they're not with you then odds are you will get rolled hard.

also they really should have replaced the beer cap with an upside down visor or baseball cap or something

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am the rudest host ever.

Just fell asleep on the couch while me and my guest watched a film.

What was the film?

Howl's Moving Castle, which I love.

Howl's Moving Castle was terrible. It was a Twilight movie for the Japanese.

This is a very odd opinion.

Why?

I'm a stickler for consistency and the love story wasn't to my liking. Most grievous, Howl the wizard was an absent-minded, narcissistic genius who needed a woman's presence to tame him and give him a center and I HATE THAT MESSAGE.

EDIT:
    Huh. Well, I like it quite a bit. This probably makes me a terrible person.

What? No, I think you're swell.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Hey Abby, I picked up the latest Assassins Creed.

School me on the multiplayer.

I have played very little of it, actually.

I've spent like hours training my assasslings instead.

Actually I think I'll hop into it right now, got shit all to do.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    i assumed it felt horrible because i was putting it in my right eye and the one i lost before was a left contact

and also my left eye is cursed with astigmatism so the left contact is shaped to deal with that

Oh, well that second bit of information could account for that, too. If you just had a normal left in a normal right it wouldn't necessarily feel horrible, but your vision would be wonky likely. The astigmatism changes things, though.

LaOs on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    In my quest to find my Bubble Bobble gif I found one of Bob butt secksing Master Chief.

D:

Sheep on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MikeMan, I have some Mass Effect questions for you if you're still online.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Feral wrote: »

maybe I can help you

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

The answer is renegade option.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit

apparently some fucker has been prank calling the families of deployed Canadian troops and telling them their sons died in Afghanistan, pretending to be military

Self-righteous hippies who think all soldiers are baby killers.

They're an extreme outlier to the larger left-wing ant-war folks, but they do exist.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I hate you too, cinders

I bet you don't even remember why

Look, I can't be expected to remember everything that happens when I am drunk.

Cinders on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

maybe I can help you

Just some general non-spoilerish questions:

1) After the first four storyline planets (Noveria, Feros, Dig Site, and Virmwhatever) how much more of the story is left?

2) Once the main story is over, can I go back and do any sidequests or is the game just over?

3) Is it possible to get high paragon AND renegade points? I noticed that they're not mutually exclusive.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm gonna spend the four day weekend playing Assbro multiplayer. I haven't done much, but something calls out to me to 100% it, which is something I've never done for a game.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit

They're an extreme outlier to the larger left-wing ant-war folks, but they do exist.

Alternatively, /b/

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Feral, Not much, yes, and no.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The episode of breaking bad where Hank gets a fake phone call telling him his wife is dead or dying

and then he tracks down who he thinks did it and beats the fucking hell out of him

I hope that happens to this prank caller

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Something that pissed me off regarding renegade points:
    On Feros. The ExoGeni corporate guy starts to freak out, so I shoot him. I get +2 Paragon points. Man what?

Feral on

• Options
    AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit

Doesn't even have to be that complicated. Some people just feel good about making others miserable/angry.

Asharaxx on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

maybe I can help you

1) After the first four storyline planets (Noveria, Feros, Dig Site, and Virmwhatever) how much more of the story is left?

2) Once the main story is over, can I go back and do any sidequests or is the game just over?

3) Is it possible to get high paragon AND renegade points? I noticed that they're not mutually exclusive.
    1)the main story is nearly over after the first four, and once you return the citadel events happen such that you can't do any sidequests anymore, so get them done now

2)I don't remember, but you can always just keep multiple saves

3) yes, but it might be tricky, I don't remember

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

What was the film?

Why?

I'm a stickler for consistency and the love story wasn't to my liking. Most grievous, Howl the wizard was an absent-minded, narcissistic genius who needed a woman's presence to tame him and give him a center and I HATE THAT MESSAGE.

Hm.

I guess I can see where you might get a Twilight feel from the last bit.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

maybe I can help you

3) Not in a single run, no. there are only so many.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks guys!

Feral on

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

On Feros. The ExoGeni corporate guy starts to freak out, so I shoot him. I get +2 Paragon points. Man what?

mercy killing is paragon i guess

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You can always glitch the points if you're that way inclined.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    or, there are some ways to get a bunch, but no "legit" way that comes from normal play

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

maybe I can help you

I think the rest of the game amounts to as much time as Noveria and Feros, but probably more content.
    You can go back and do stuff.
    Yes, but some options require a high score in one or the other. Generally speaking, you can do some of both without really screwing yourself over, but sometimes that approach will mean that you don't have enough points to Charm or Intimidate someone. I think. Best to use a few skill points on each to make sure.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The one thing I remember is you definately can't keep going once the game is over, in ME 2 you can, in ME 1 thats it you're done.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh goddamnit, Asharaxx, now I've remembered that I've only seen one Tsukihime ending and it's actually a pretty awesome game.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

mercy killing is paragon i guess

What I think happened was that there's the charm option and the intimidate option. I tried the charm option, didn't like how he reacted, and then just thought "fuck it" and shot him.

Had I gone down the intimidate options, I would have scored a few renegade points. Instead it just registered a single attempt at charm.

Feral on

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yes, but some options require a high score in one or the other. Generally speaking, you can do some of both without really screwing yourself over, but sometimes that approach will mean that you don't have enough points to Charm or Intimidate someone. I think. Best to use a few skill points on each to make sure.

This is exactly what happened to me. I tried to be Mr. Balanced and no one was ever charmed or intimidated by me, as a result.

desc on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I like that they're not mutually exclusive. Just because I'll give a hug to a girl who's just lost her father does not mean I didn't shoot a guy when it was neither necessary or strictly speaking, the most effective option

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I like that they're not mutually exclusive. Just because I'll give a hug to a girl who's just lost her father does not mean I didn't shoot a guy when it was neither necessary or strictly speaking, the most effective option

Yeah except since you didn't shoot the girl or hug the guy, you are now not good enough to hug the monster or bad enough to shoot the baby once things get real serious.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    anyway ass creed bros. time

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    desc wrote: »

This is exactly what happened to me. I tried to be Mr. Balanced and no one was ever charmed or intimidated by me, as a result.

In ME 1 it was easier to have both open up. In two I just chose renegade for the awesome jack bauer kill moments and paragon for the conversation options.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yeah except since you didn't shoot the girl or hug the guy, you are now not good enough to hug the monster or bad enough to shoot the baby once things get real serious.

Nah. You don't have to constantly pick one or the other. Don't try to be balanced, but just do whatever. I was renegade but I chose paragon when it felt right.

And I shot people when it felt good.

this only got annoying for a new game plus - it scales, apprently? Yet you don't earn any more points. kind of retarded.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I looked like cyborg satan so few things would hug me without a helmet on

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Nah. You don't have to constantly pick one or the other. Don't try to be balanced, but just do whatever. I was renegade but I chose paragon when it felt right.

And I shot people when it felt good.

this only got annoying for a new game plus - it scales, apprently? Yet you don't earn any more points. kind of retarded.

Interesting. I think I need to check my assumptions. Perhaps I should go ahead and get on that Mass Effect run through I've been thinking about.

BUT I NEED TO COMPLETE ASSBRO!!!!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

What was the film?

Why?

Hm.

I guess I can see where you might get a Twilight feel from the last bit.

I'm curious if you feel the same way about Beauty and the Beast.

It seems thats a much better comparison in both tone and theme.

Galahad on
This discussion has been closed.