Options

KotOR: We Hate Taris More then Skywalkers Hate Sand!

• Options
    ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Once I got the paralysis and droid-go-boom force abilities I strode through that game like a vengeful god, just mowing things the fuck down. Count me in with the "disappointed by Lightsabers" group.

Also, being able to unlock all of HK-47's hidden talents didn't suck either.

Zulkir on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Laser-swords are terribly over rated.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Zulkir wrote: »
    So was I the only one that went scoundrel/consular with dual bendak blasters in the first game? Gonna have to try some of that warblade action now that I just reinstalled. Speaking of which, does the steam version play nice with mods?

On my newest playthrough this is the route I'm going down, just because I've never done it before.

Sneak attack bonus is super effective, scoundrel is probably the only class where I would want to get to level 7 before becoming a Jedi.
    Can't tell you about mods though, I haven't had any experience with them. I only recently got this on Steam myself.
    Sneak Attack + Lightsaber jump can lead to some very short fights.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    KoToR is part of today's daily specials on Steam, if you don't already own it you gan get it for the paltry sum of €/$2.25!

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I played through both 1 and 2 a few times, felt 1 was more polished but 2 had more ambition.

Probably worth playing through these again as a lead up to The Old Republic.

Useless Trivia: Kotor is the Indonesian word for dirty. :winky:

Chronocide on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Coincidentally, the game is on sale right now on Steam. Even though I've gone far and beyond the amount of BF purchases, at $2.50 it's hard to pass up.

My question, though, is if anyone knows any good mods for sprucing up the textures, visuals, and so on. I know there's a mod for rendering it in 1920x1080, although last time I tried that it didn't adjust the UI accordingly. What's the best method now?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Coincidentally, the game is on sale right now on Steam. Even though I've gone far and beyond the amount of BF purchases, at $2.50 it's hard to pass up.

My question, though, is if anyone knows any good mods for sprucing up the textures, visuals, and so on. I know there's a mod for rendering it in 1920x1080, although last time I tried that it didn't adjust the UI accordingly. What's the best method now?

For Hud Correction Files + Widescreen Fix

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

For Visual Enhancement

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198801

For too many mods to count

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196884

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/files/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic;67index

C2B on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thank you, this game is officially bought.

May the Force be with you.

• Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I found my KotOR II disc and got it running on vista. Now I just need to figure out what to play. It's hard to argue against the guardian. Force Leap is such a good ability and you get so many feats without loosing much in the way of force powers at higher levels.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I found my KotOR II disc and got it running on vista. Now I just need to figure out what to play. It's hard to argue against the guardian. Force Leap is such a good ability and you get so many feats without loosing much in the way of force powers at higher levels.

By the way. Install the TSLRCM 1.7 if you are doing a new run. It's much cleaned up now compared to former version and has apart from restored content also several bugfixes integrated now.

C2B on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just did my second (LS/M) and third (DS/F) play throughs of KOTOR2. Even with some of the restoration efforts thrown on, the ending is a confused mess and let down.

Still a fun game though. Love messing with my companions.

On my DS play, just cause I was bored, I finished the final world unarmed and with no gear equipped (wearing the dancer outfit). Force Mastery+Stasis field+Force Storm=pretty damn unstoppable.

Pretty bummed the next game is a MMO

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    On the subject of mods (haven't had a chance to look at the list yet, probably won't try the game until Wednesday), the one thing I really want is something that makes the equipment screen easier to read.

Like with ME1, I don't want to sort through some cumbersome bullshit just to determine if this pistol I looted off a dead guy is better or worse than the one I'm currently holding. If there's a mod that simplifies things, I'd love to know about it.

I'm particularly excited to play this game because, to this day, I still don't know "the big twist" everyone talks about.

• Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    On the subject of mods (haven't had a chance to look at the list yet, probably won't try the game until Wednesday), the one thing I really want is something that makes the equipment screen easier to read.

Like with ME1, I don't want to sort through some cumbersome bullshit just to determine if this pistol I looted off a dead guy is better or worse than the one I'm currently holding. If there's a mod that simplifies things, I'd love to know about it.

I'm particularly excited to play this game because, to this day, I still don't know "the big twist" everyone talks about.

It involves Voldemort.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Carth is your Father

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Carth is your Father

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mass Effect was instantly spoiled for me when I heard Kaidan speak.

I left Carth/Kaidan on the ship from then on!

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Confession: I didn't hate Carth or Kaiden

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well I never really got to know Kaidan because I only played through Mass Effect once and he sounded exactly like Carth, which kinda bugged me. I automatically associated him with whiny KoTOR guy...

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Confession: I didn't hate Carth or Kaiden

Me neither, I kind of think its just your normal case of the internet overblowing everything.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kaiden is okay, but Carth can die in a gigantic fire of pure dicks.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    What would Carth Onasi do?

I'm sure he'd kill a Sith or two!:whistle:

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whatshisname from KOTOR 2 is better at killing Jedi.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, Atton would kill fifty.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Jedi Jesus?

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Atton is probably my favorite party member in KOTOR 2. His sheer level of neuroses is interesting.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Carth had trust issues due to his commander betraying him. Atton... was marvelously fucked up. The guy learned to hate the Jedi for being a bunch of hypocritical bastards, went with the rest of the traitors because he saw the Jedi who remained neutral as bastards, learned how to get really good at and enjoy murdering and turning Jedi, fell in love with a woman he then killed, and then got the hell out of the evil army.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Only to join a vengeful Jedi hell bent on murdering what few Jedi remai- or was that just my Atton.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    Only to join a vengeful Jedi hell bent on murdering what few Jedi remai- or was that just my Atton.

And then be crackin wise after the Anti-Jedi turns him to the darkside and then wipes out the Jedi and Sith.

Seriously though, Anton's wisecracking at the end doesn't fit with the darkside ending.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    One of the game's oversights is that turning the characters to the darkside doesn't effect their personalities or their influence triggers.

Tube on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Jedi Jesus?

Man that was a good let's play.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A wisecracking dark side character sounds nice.

Couscous on
  • Options
    RyanReddRyanRedd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bump for greatest game on Xbox.

Kotor 2 was as good as Kotor one for its first half. I remember distinctly where it turned for the worst: You lost your party at one point and have to fight on your own through some terribly designed club or something, it involved that girl who was friends with the Wookie (i.e. not the Twi'lek from Kotor).

The game never recovered.

RyanRedd on
    That's good. That's a good one.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    RyanRedd wrote: »
    Bump for greatest game on Xbox.

Kotor 2 was as good as Kotor one for its first half. I remember distinctly where it turned for the worst: You lost your party at one point and have to fight on your own through some terribly designed club or something, it involved that girl who was friends with the Wookie (i.e. not the Twi'lek from Kotor).

The game never recovered.

Nar Shaddaa, that's one of the hubs. I take it your character was poorly built? You're supposed to tear through that club like

Like, well, a light saber through anything that is not cortosis.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Random thing for fun:

Kotor 2 had originally a choice planned that would end in Kreia joining you (for good) and the final battle would have been against a Sith Lord Atris.

Also there was a giant sidequest with the Generrohaden. (Where your charachter is thought dead yet again)

ALSO on Nar Shaddar (which originally was planned waaaaay bigger)

C2B on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    KOTOR2 could have been amazing

insteed it was just great :x

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    RyanReddRyanRedd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My guy must've been poorly built, I remember having trouble.

Side note: I had a friend who was playing this at the same time I was playing and never even got to a prestige class. Shows you how detailed the game was when one of its biggest advertised features was avoidable. And it's not like he did it on purpose.

Don't mean to shit on the game too much, I still enjoyed it. I remember the sequence on the snowy planet with all the lady Jedi librarians was pretty great gaming.

RyanRedd on
    That's good. That's a good one.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of difficulty in KOTOR 2, I kind of enjoyed that it was for the most part a joke. Sometimes it's fun to just kick the shit out of everything, like when you
    Unlock the Breathing Control thing in the aforementioned club and wreck everyones shit.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    It would be pretty difficult to get through the game without reaching a prestige class. You'd have to be making a point of rushing it.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It would be pretty difficult to get through the game without reaching a prestige class. You'd have to be making a point of rushing it.

He's referring to the fact that you can completely miss it if you don't talk to Kreia, like, ever.

Which is also a mystifying choice.

Fiaryn on