Options

Nintendo Announces Summer Lineup(Metroid Prime 3: Aug 20th)

• Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited May 2007
    JeffH wrote: »
    Dareth Ram wrote: »
    Gigglio wrote: »
    The rest of the Wii list looks like shit.

Whaaat? No love for BWii or Strikers? damn dude
    Adding waggle to mediocre gamecube games does not excite most people.
    You've never played either of these games, have you? They're great.

Batallion Wars is great? Since when?

http://cube.ign.com/objects/676/676364.html

8.8, IGN.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

8.8, IGN.

BW has two problems; too short and no multiplayer. This game should solve both of those. I expect good things.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yay.

More Brain Training is comming out.

I love Brain Training.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited May 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    You're right. One step at a time. I especially like the fact that if you've got a friend over, you can do online co-op. Has any other game done that before?

The online Nextgen testbed I worked on at EA did that, though I don't know if any games actually integrated it. I think Fifa did.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Last we heard Wii Music, Wii Health Pack, Project Hammer, Forever Blue, and Disaster are still all on track for release this year. Of course at least of a couple of them are bound to be delayed until next year, but I really hope we get some new info on them this week.

bruin on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

8.8, IGN.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/advancewarsunderfire?q=Battalion

7.6 Metacritic. Which is good by the way. So obviously I would call it a great game. I didn't play it though; When it came out I was financially weakened. But I think an avg score of 75+ on metacritic means it was a great game.

Maybe that's just me.

urahonky on
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I think that's the point.

No, that's not the point. I think it's ridiculous that there's still people out there that think that only "casual gamers" or first timers are buying Wiis. If they really weren't all that interested in gaming they wouldn't be waiting in line overnight to buy the damn things.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ok, i havent played BW on GC, but i understand it only got blasted for being too short and not offering multyplayer, and some minor control issues, all this issues are being "fixed" for the sequel, so it should raise it from good to great, right?
    BW and Pikmin 2 will be my last GC purchases before joining the next gen(current gen?)

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    mausmalone wrote: »

No, that's not the point. I think it's ridiculous that there's still people out there that think that only "casual gamers" or first timers are buying Wiis. If they really weren't all that interested in gaming they wouldn't be waiting in line overnight to buy the damn things.

To be fair (and trying to be unbiased) alot of those people are eBayers.

And please, don't get me started on those assholes.

urahonky on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    Yay, that means metroid prime 3 for europe in 2007 for sure right?

right?

That would be good. Let's hope for it together.

Peewi on
  • Options
    DigDug2000DigDug2000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I really don't think that's true. I know this annecdotal, but I waited outside in mid-Feb for a Wii, and out of the 40 or so people waiting with me, I didn't meet a single EBayer. EBayers existed around Christmas time, but I don't think they're near as prevalent now. Not prevalent enough that you could say theres "a lot" of them.

DigDug2000 on
  • Options
    DarkfishDarkfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oh for fucks sake where's my smash bros

Darkfish on
    hyrulesig1ui.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Darkfish wrote: »
    oh for fucks sake where's my smash bros

This was the SUMMER release announcement, so all it means is that it isn't coming out this SUMMER.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    DigDug2000 wrote: »

I really don't think that's true. I know this annecdotal, but I waited outside in mid-Feb for a Wii, and out of the 40 or so people waiting with me, I didn't meet a single EBayer. EBayers existed around Christmas time, but I don't think they're near as prevalent now. Not prevalent enough that you could say theres "a lot" of them.

I camped on release and found no eBayers out where I was. But if you go to ebay and find out how many Wii's are up for sale; And how many are sold; It's an interesting ratio.

You may be right. People are now buying them because "Oh shit, it's a Wii! I can afford $250, and I may never see one again!" But I just... Can't help but think that there are so many eBayers out there that take the wii and immediately put it on the internets to sell it, when there are people locally to them; Striving to find one.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The title should read "Nintendo Announces Summer Lineup, Terrorbyte Eats Cock"

Make it happen!

Indeed!

Big, notable releases for July and August; nothing for September. Hey, two outta three ain't bad.
    Hey fuck you man. Chibi Robo is AAA

Bedlam on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Yep, but who buys them on eBay, more eBayers? lol (and fuck eBayers, three times I camped and got nothing because of eBayers).

It's a bit unfair to say that the Wii only appeals to casual gamers. Unless they managed to pull out the millions of casual players that were just waiting for the Wii, it's pretty safe to say that a great deal of the 'hardcore' set picked one up too. Yes, the Wii CAN appeal to the casual gamer, probably more than any other system, but don't discount it's value to the 'hardcore' either. Those of us who've been gaming for two decades, and are just sick of the same old stuff. There's plenty of appeal to go around, our grandparents notwithstanding, and the numbers are reflecting that. If you look at Madden, you'll see that the Wii is just as capable of making the games MORE complicated than it is less. Don't get me wrong, I love the 360 and PS3, I just appreciate the fresh air that the Wii's brought to the table. I also wouldn't be too concerned about third party support, being as the Wii is both the cheapest to develop for, and on pace to have the widest user-base as well. Some people don't seem to realize that games aren't just magically created in 2 months, and it may take some time. But, screw logic, bring back the irrational fanboyism. DOOOOOMED!

EDIT: I'm just trying to say, can't we all just get along? It's a good time to be a gamer, we don't need no hatin'.
    urahonky, that wasn't directed entirely at you, just used the quote

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    RedShellRedShell Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is battle revolution really going to lack an RPG? Even an emulated D/P built in (just to get yourself a team) would be welcome. Or have I misunderstood the feature set?

RedShell on
    Homing In Imperfectly?
    Pokemans D/P: 1289 4685 0522
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh I know Nickle, haha. I didn't think it was directed towards me. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The initial rush of wii buyers might have been ebayers, but if you look at ebay now for wii's, the plain jane systems are only selling for cost; and the "bundles" aren't selling for much more than cost. There's little, to zero, profit to be made on Wiis on e-bay right now, even though stores are lacking stock.

Hell, even when I bought my wii in feb, when I checked ebay to decide if I was going to sell it or not, the most new systems were going for was $300, and that was even high then.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    Sonos wrote: »
    Legacy wrote: »

Waggle, more features and online play, however, should.

nintendo is going to make a mess out of their online experience kids. don't get your hopes up.
    Anyone who thinks Strikers Charged's online isn't looking good needs to watch this 9-minute playtest video.

Yes, lol friend codes, but move past that and you have a lot of robust online options, with stat-tracking across various seasons, Mii integration, a lobby system that lets you invite other players into your created game, random ranked matches and unranked friend play, the option for a second player to play co-op with you on your Wii while online (against someone else with their buddy or not), and so on. This is a far, far cry from the shit-tastic Mario Kart DS and Star Fox Command online play.

Wow, that online system looks pretty damn good. Frothing demand increases more and more.

Lunker, I am calling you out. Prepare to get your ass kicked thoroughly and repeatedly at the end of July.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Great. Now I have to get Wii.

Any recent screens of MP:3 since the demos? I'd like to see how much better it looks.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Strikers Charged's online isn't looking good needs to watch this 9-minute playtest video.

Yes, lol friend codes, but move past that and you have a lot of robust online options, with stat-tracking across various seasons, Mii integration, a lobby system that lets you invite other players into your created game, random ranked matches and unranked friend play, the option for a second player to play co-op with you on your Wii while online (against someone else with their buddy or not), and so on. This is a far, far cry from the shit-tastic Mario Kart DS and Star Fox Command online play.

Wow, that online system looks pretty damn good. Frothing demand increases more and more.

Lunker, I am calling you out. Prepare to get your ass kicked thoroughly and repeatedly at the end of July.
    IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

donkeykongstrikerszo0.jpg

I'm surprised there's no official thread looming for the Europeans, but I'll have to find it and update it: The official NoE site is brimming with details for the May 25 release.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    RedShell wrote: »
    Is battle revolution really going to lack an RPG? Even an emulated D/P built in (just to get yourself a team) would be welcome. Or have I misunderstood the feature set?
    Do you have Pokemon Emerald? There's a place after you beat the game called the Battle Frontier. It has a bunch of different battle modes including a tournament, a mode where you don't select your moves, one where you use rental Pokemon etc. I always said that the price of Pokemon Emerald is worth it for the Battle Frontier alone.

Battle Revolution doesn't have an RPG feature; it's pretty much a 3D Battle Frontier like in Emerald. There's a bunch of different modes with a variety of rules. You win battle points which you can exchange for prizes. Plus, you can battle people online.

At first I didn't really care about the game because I wanted a spin-off RPG like Colosseum, but now I'm pretty excited.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Taya wrote: »
    RedShell wrote: »
    Do you have Pokemon Emerald? There's a place after you beat the game called the Battle Frontier. It has a bunch of different battle modes including a tournament, a mode where you don't select your moves, one where you use rental Pokemon etc. I always said that the price of Pokemon Emerald is worth it for the Battle Frontier alone.

Battle Revolution doesn't have an RPG feature; it's pretty much a 3D Battle Frontier like in Emerald. There's a bunch of different modes with a variety of rules. You win battle points which you can exchange for prizes. Plus, you can battle people online.

At first I didn't really care about the game because I wanted a spin-off RPG like Colosseum, but now I'm pretty excited.

Emerald is worth the price just because it has faster egg hatching and the ability to control the nature of the opposing pokemon, legendaries included.

Battle Frontier is ultimate gravy.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Another thing you must not forget that new games are going to be announced Tomorrow.

Speaking of the big event tomorrow, does anyone know when it starts?

There's a big event tomorrow? A Nintendo press conference/summit or something?

GimeC on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GimeC wrote: »
    Another thing you must not forget that new games are going to be announced Tomorrow.

Speaking of the big event tomorrow, does anyone know when it starts?

There's a big event tomorrow? A Nintendo press conference/summit or something?
    I think the official PR-speak is 'Media Day', but yeah. Smah Bros website is supposed to update, and speculation has been rampant that details/screens/whatever will be available from Brawl/Galaxy/MP3/Disaster/pick your favorite.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll wait with buying a Wii till smashbros anyway.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    MashalotMashalot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think the Wii will become the new PS2. With a HUGE library of games that will appeal to almost everybody.

I'm pretty excited to think that could happen. I've been saddened at the lack of 3rd party support for the Gamecube and the N64. I enjoyed both of those consoles dearly.
    Yeah. I'm kind of seeing the Wii as the spiritual successor to the PS2. Games aren't as costly to make, huge userbase (in the wii's case potentially, though it has a very nice headstart), right console price, asswad of shovelware.

The dedicated will drift to the PS3 and the 360 which get most of the big, slick 3rd party titles but the wii ends up in most homes.

And gawd, the wii wouldn't be able to handle GTAIV but can you imagine the carnage if they ported the last three? Porting the PS2's megahits would be a goldmine. Make it so.

edit: I was in a large, downtown, big city EB last weekend as they were selling a shipment of wiis. The buyers all seemed pretty casual. All of them needed everything spelled out for them, most of them tittering upper-middle-class couples or the middle aged, even some seniors. They had to be told what games, peripherals, etc. to buy. Then again it was downtown in the middle of the upscale retail scene. Though most of the people I know in real life who have one are the 'hardcore'.

Mashalot on
  • Options
    ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    WHO'S BASHING BATTALION WARS

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dudes, Chibi Robo AND a new Phoenix Wright for the DS, are you guys nuts? Those are great releases!!!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MashalotMashalot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dudes, Chibi Robo AND a new Phoenix Wright for the DS, are you guys nuts? Those are great releases!!!
    Chibi Robo was sooooo good. Except for the pricetag and text speeds.

I want to know about this new DS Death Jr. thing. The PSP one got my attention but then got kinda panned, and I don't have a PSP.

Mashalot on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, I'm going to be all over BWii, MP3 and Strikers. I'll grab RE4 Wii as well.

Sure Battalion Wars was short, but if they can improve on the few faults in had and throw online into the mix.

I will not stop playing that shit.

Kelor on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also, on the shovelware front: Don't be surprised if one of the High School Musical games ends up printing a decent amount of money. Not saying it'll be good, but it'll probably be popular.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so, IGN UK gave Mario Strikers an 8.7, and an overall positive review.
    http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/790/790253p1.html

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

For the record, my complaint was with Wii 3rd party games, not DS. There's a whole avalanche of awesome coming for the DS.

Hopefully the Wii will hit its stride with 3rd party support like the DS has.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So a Wii game with full online MP in 2007.. who woulda thunk it?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Also, on the shovelware front: Don't be surprised if one of the High School Musical games ends up printing a decent amount of money. Not saying it'll be good, but it'll probably be popular.

Yeah, that demographic is not one that should be underestimated. High School Musical is something that sold a ton in terms of CD's/DVD's, and I imagine that if those folks have not already bought a Wii, it may, shockingly enough, be something that convinces them to buy one.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So a Wii game with full online MP in 2007.. who woulda thunk it?

You know I've heard this on the forum a lot but can I get a post e3 source on this?

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So the Wii games I'm planning on getting will be:

Metal Slug (Out)
    Sonic and the Secret Rings (Out)
    Alien Syndrome (July)
    BWii (???)
    MP3 (August)
    Geometry Wars (???)
    Mario Galaxy (???)

On the fence about RE4

Would really love to see Dead Rising or a clone, though. (The only 360 game I give a shit about)

Doronron on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Yay.

More Brain Training is comming out.

I love Brain Training.

I'm waiting for this one:

mbtrain.png
    I can't believe I spent 15 minutes on that...

Delzhand on