Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kaseius wrote: »
    36 gat dam blu ray discs

DOES IT NEED THAT MANY

37 actually

and probably not but who cares

Rent on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for the lack of pictures but I picked up some more games.

Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)
    Maken Shao: Demon Sword (PS2)
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS2)
    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS2)
    Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (DS)
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS)
    Big Bang Mini (DS)

I've already started playing FFF Chocobo Tales, Broken Sword and Big Bang Mini.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This thread deserves some nice photos to welcome the forums back.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    This thread deserves some nice photos to welcome the forums back.
    Klonoa

Oh fuck!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou

I have a Wii so I can play this now! I kinda forgot that it was made! The first two Klonoas are some of my favorite games ever

SO YEAH

IMG_0009.jpg

Grabbed these from Amazon ASAP

But look at that controller box!

IMG_0010.jpg

For one thing, it's in Japanese, and secondly, the box is cardboard, which confirms my previous suspicions about items from foreign countries being put into terrible plastic clamshell packaging (like you'd normally find GC controllers in) just to piss off Americans. I guess we might deserve it. But let's take a closer look.

IMG_0011.jpg

So that's pretty neat...Amazon sold me something that I guess isn't normally available in the US? It was sold by Amazon itself and not a third-party dealer, so...weird.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I want to grab one of those myself one day.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just got the complete lost collection on blu ray. holy shit it is amazing. well, the box is. and extras.

I don't actually have a blu ray player, you see.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey

Hey mxmarks

I don't know if you know this but

onlydoeseverything.jpg

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Just got the complete lost collection on blu ray. holy shit it is amazing. well, the box is. and extras.

I don't actually have a blu ray player, you see.

you and me mxmarks

we're bros

Rent on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IMG_6395.jpg

Sin & Punishment II: Successor to the Stars (Star Successor is a stupid title)
    Mage: The Awakening | Magical Traditions (sourcebook explaining how real-life occult applies to Mage)
    Velvet Assassin (.1 on Amazon, I'll try anything for that price)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You guys are missing the reason for the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNSBEfGg8tc&feature=player_embedded#!

I bought Civ V and a nook for myself. No one loves me more than me.

GalactusGo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Velvet Assassin (.1 on Amazon, I'll try anything for that price)

Typically pennies are connotated with good luck

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stuff from the last 2-3 months:

dec10007.jpg

-The fourth and final volume of Planetary! The first couple of issues were the Galactus/Thing ones... I remember when those came out in floppy form, such a long time ago.

-Batman: The Black Glove & RIP. I've been hesitating, but I'm probably going to have to get Batman And Son as well, since Damian has really grown on me.

-The JMS run of Thor.

-BPRD : King Of Fear.

-My shiny new nookColor!
    Recent ebook purchases:
    The Hunger Games trilogy. Enjoyable and fast-paced, though the ending was off-putting for me.
    Sleepwalk With Me. Okay so far, but I'm not quite LOLing on the subway.
    The Lightning Thief. At a friend's insistence. This will be my next young readers' series.
    Lolita. Because it's awesome and I know that I'm going to want to reread it eventually.

-Shigenori Soejima Art Works 2004-2010. Persona! And other stuff!

-Perry Bible Fellowship collection.

-Fantastic Mr Fox, because it's... wait for it... fantastic!
    -Firefly complete series, because it was $25 on Amazon.
    -Evangelion 1.11, because it was $10 on Amazon, and because of nostalgia. I'm pretty sure that I had this stuff on both VHS and DVD, but I don't know what happened to them.
    -Goodfellas!

Not pictured: Rock Band 3, Scott Pilgrim Blu-Ray, and the Club Nintendo reward statue thingy.

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I found Sin & Punishment 2 on clearance for $13 at a Target today. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or gift it yet, but hey, still nifty.

Also had a friend present me with this rather sweet Sam & Max poster he found while cleaning the last few years of convention crap out of his closet.

CIMG0162.jpg

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Man, $13. I might see if Target has a clearance section tomorrow but I know that kind of thing is massively YMMV.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Junior: you can't say you have the Soejima artbook and not post images. That's criminal.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, $13. I might see if Target has a clearance section tomorrow but I know that kind of thing is massively YMMV.

You can get it pretty cheap online, too, if you can't find it at Target. At walmart.com you can pick two games on a list for $30, one of which is Sin & Punishment. There are only a few good games on there-- the only ones that caught my eye are Resident Evil 4, Sonic Unleashed, House of the Dead 2&3, and Sega Superstars Tennis, but if you can find another one you want then it's a good deal. You have to select two different games, which is a shame. I'd buy two copies of Sin & Punishment for this deal if I could.

Amazon has it for $23.

A couple of ebay sellers have it for between $18 and $20 buy it now (after shipping/free shipping), and it seems to go for a little less than that in auctions.

I've been doing a lot of gifting research lately.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Newegg has it for $16 with free shipping.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You can get it pretty cheap online, too, if you can't find it at Target. At walmart.com you can pick two games on a list for $30, one of which is Sin & Punishment. There are only a few good games on there-- the only ones that caught my eye are Resident Evil 4, Sonic Unleashed, House of the Dead 2&3, and Sega Superstars Tennis, but if you can find another one you want then it's a good deal. You have to select two different games, which is a shame. I'd buy two copies of Sin & Punishment for this deal if I could.

Amazon has it for $23.

A couple of ebay sellers have it for between $18 and $20 buy it now (after shipping/free shipping), and it seems to go for a little less than that in auctions.

I've been doing a lot of gifting research lately.

Ironically I own all the games you listed except for HotD 2&3. I'll keep a lookout for it though. It's not thing I'm super-interested in but something I'd like to play if it's the right price.

Anywho, Tuesday should be awesome. The first of my Amazon purchases should be coming in (Epic Mickey, Waking Sleeping Beauty, Flingsmash & Walt Disney Treasures:Tomorrowland) and my Deluxe Edition Tron Legacy soundtrack & poster should be arriving as well. Excited to hear that soundtrack.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I went to this place they call a "Record Store", where they sell music in a physical format. Apparently people do this a lot.

omgalbums.jpg

I could not resist. Thanks Rasputin!

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    GiggityGiggityGiggityGiggity

img0052cl.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    img1579jq.jpg

After returning MW2 for a refund and some shenanigans involving changing my B2G1 games, I ended up picking up these three for an extra 9$ out of my credit.

Nier is down to 13 used at Gamestop and FM:E is 18 if anyone was thinking about picking them up.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Culdcept Saga!

You doll, you

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Step away from Magna Carta! Slowly!

Friends don't let friends play Softmax RPGs!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

My cousin loved it. He's like, some 32 year old dude. Poor guy got out of prison a year or two ago, and all he likes are RPGs with bad love stories, and missed out on a good 4-5+ years of games in between then and now.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So I stumbled across 3 White DSi's at a local Best Buy tonight (By themselves, not the M&L bundle) Currently debating whether I want to pick one up while I still can or not...rargh.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just got Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for $10. Eh, I said, 'might as well.'

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    fce819e4.jpg

So slim and quiet...

My 80GB backwards compatible PS3 got its second YLOD, so while the Walmart extended warranty people keep trying to say it's fixable, I bought a new slim just to be done with it. When I get by old one back from Walmart's repair place in a few weeks, I'll data transfer everything to my new one (apparently my Demon's Souls gamesave can moved this way, so yay) and make my old one a dedicated streaming/folding PS3 until it YLODs again. Walmart told me they'll give up and just give me my $500 original purchase price back if (when) it breaks a third time.

Woo $200 profit!

Also picked up DeathSpank and Dead Space: Ignition (from my DS2 preorder). I hear DS:I is shit, but I'll at least try it.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    picked up v for vendetta on blu ray after finding out my DVD copy was full screen

also got golden sun: dark dawn

photo soon

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WP_000041-1.jpg

Yah... see you guys in a few months :P

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh that's out already?

Man this year has flown by

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yah just came out today, and naturally Im getting sucked right back in.

Just debating if I want to take my death knight to 85 right away, or roll a goblin.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Wasn't the previous level cap 80? They typically went up 10 per expansion?

For as major a game-changer as this thing seems to be, you'd think they'd just go balls-out and up it to 99. Unless they're planning on doing yet another expansion pack...wonder how far they'll take this.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yes and yah. It went from 60 (in vanilla) to 70 in Burning Crusade to 80 in Wrath of the Lich King. 85 for Cataclysm

And Im not sure what they all have planned, but I'm expecting at least 1 more expansion (Something to do with the emerald dream) and quite possibly another having to do with the infinite/bronze dragonflights and all the crazy time shenanigans going on in that plot thread. They really still have a lot of places they can go with it.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    imagebx.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

My cousin loved it. He's like, some 32 year old dude. Poor guy got out of prison a year or two ago, and all he likes are RPGs with bad love stories, and missed out on a good 4-5+ years of games in between then and now.

The first Magna Carta was bad. Actually, it was horrible. But Magna Carta 2? I honestly thought it was pretty good.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dashui wrote: »

The first Magna Carta was bad. Actually, it was horrible. But Magna Carta 2? I honestly thought it was pretty good.

So far, my biggest complaint is the character models oh jesus christ these proportions look so wrong

Kaseius on
  • Options
    myownsummermyownsummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice. I'll have to keep Wal Mart in mind for warranties. Did you pick up a Move with that? I've been messing with mine since turkey day and think they should start bundling them with every PS3 frankly.

myownsummer on
    rosievp6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeesh. Some PC games? Requires no previous expansions to play!

WoW? Screw you. Buy everything else or no soup for you.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

So far, my biggest complaint is the character models oh jesus christ these proportions look so wrong

That's Hyung Tae Kim for you.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

That's Hyung Tae Kim for you.

They look great in his art, but not so much in 3d!

Kaseius on
This discussion has been closed.