As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Sheep just doesn't care about black people.

i read some article where kanye west said he knew what it must have felt like to be gw bush after he said that because of his taylor swift incident

kanye west is a pretty dumb person

Yeah that was dumb, as was bush's "That comment was the worst part of my presidency." Really? Really George thought that statement through did you?

He also said the high point of is presidency was a fish he caught on his ranch

On that I agree with him.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

if i had my way, whenever someone rhymed "love" with "above," a cadre of tall men in black suits and sunglasses would whisk them away, never to be heard from again.

Britney Spears did that once. 10/10. Best album of the decade.

I'm gonna be a rap star.

People call me fat but I like hamburgers
    Stealing em like the hamburgler
    Fuck ya'll get off my cheeseburger
    Sometimes I get that urge-r
    And I just gotta have a hamburger
    Fuck ya'll
    Kiss my whole ass
    Kiss my ass hole

Put some cheesy effects on my vocals, wear some stupid sunglasses, and sample the Sly Stone and that should just put me in the spotlight enough that I can act like a douche bag to further my career.

18 - 22 year old retards will line up to buy my shit.

Sheep on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Wow.

What a word smith. Unparalleled. He rhymed power with hour and our! Shakespeare, you've met your match!

Given how often he "rhymes" two lines using the same word at the end of each, you should consider yourself lucky in that quote.

The beats are well-done, but it speaks volumes about how little overall thought or planning goes into the average pop/hip hop album that everyone is losing it over this concept album. I don't mean to be all electronic snob, but the track selection thing he has going should be the baseline for music made by millionaires and released all over the universe.

Anyway yeah Kanye's never had bars and listening to the album gets a little old when he can only talk about himself and "being really famous is totally hard, guys."

desc on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dude AC:2 is awesome if you are the kind of person who fucking loves solving puzzles

that game doesn't really get going until at least a third or maybe even half way through

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Woo, got in to work early. More time to sit and wait for customers.
    So what is it you do now?

I work for these people selling pretty things.

cool cool

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just freaked out because my keys were in the wrong pocket and I didn't realize it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    AA is one of the best games on my ps3. I love batman though so that is part of it. Top it off it was voiced by the old Batman:TAS folks so nostalgia. But I really did love the game. The fights were fun. You felt like the Batman. Master of martial arts, using the area around you to fight not just strength. Using fear as well to disorient your enemies and being almost inhuman creature of vengeance and justice. I am looking forward to Arkham City. I think I heard it is the last time ever Mark Hamil is doing his Joker. That makes it amazing and sad at the same time to me.

I am playing through Assassin's Creed 2 right now. Its fun, I enjoy the plot though it is kind of silly. Combat isn't nearly as good as GoW(all combat) or AA. But the stealth is different. The parkor aspect is just a blast and exploring these full cities of Renaissance Italy is just a blast. I would probably get that before AC:Bro if you are going for the single player.

God of War has the best combat for smash and grab of the three. But it is also the least varied and to tell the truth I love God of War but it gets boring after a while.

Not sure if this helps Rivs.

I like the ideas of all of them; exploration and platforming on top of smash and grab appeals; I don't have that big an investment in the Batsman.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    agh

I was going not to bring my psxboxtriplesixty home for Christmas but the DS2 demo drops on the 21st! eep!

also, I want to get an action game for a change of pace. Arkham Asylum, the God of War collection, Assassin's Creed: which one of these?

get assassin's creed and stop being silly

desc on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Harry_Whittier_Frees_-_What%27s_Delaying_My_Dinner.jpg

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    kanye west should have his dick smashed into a jelly with a hammer

that way he can not propagate his taint

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I just freaked out because my keys were in the wrong pocket and I didn't realize it.

I do that when I wear my hoody and put my car keys in the hoody pocket instead of my pants pocket.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

god i do that all the time

Arch on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    there is no bad choice there

maybe get GoW Collection if you haven't played them before

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woo, got in to work early. More time to sit and wait for customers.
    So what is it you do now?

I work for these people selling pretty things.

cool cool

Especially nice since I know many of the customers and am familiar with the merchandise and how it's worn, so I'm, y'know, knowledgeable and I don't have to scramble to play catch up. Always a bonus when you're in a sales job.

That, and I have advanced notice when nice things are coming in so I can buy them before they sell out. :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The best thing in the world is that sites like Pitchfork stick pretty heavily to their underground indie rock repertoire.

Until a major label release by a black rap artist and then it's the top album of the day.

"No, no, see, we don't suffer from White Boy syndrome. See? We're down. G. Dog. Wanna hit up the club later whoop whoop?"

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The most terrifying statement a doctor can ever ask you. "Have you considered your end of life options?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God of War is your more traditional smash and grab platformer. AC is really more free flowing and not so much a platformer. At least from what I have played. Batman is a weird mix between the two.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've never been a fan of the GoW games, I played the first one, and thats about as much as I needed to do.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AC2 is easily the best of the 3 choices there

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    there are much better options than Kanye

I don't really get why he exists

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    how good is AC2 with the voices set to Italian as you're talking to your mom and she's all zinging you?

so good.

desc on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man i wanna go home and play my dwarf shaman

wheres jake/thom/elldren/cass, i need to know if we are still on for tonight or not

Arch on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

to prop up the corporate machine he rails against

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd probably get AC1 to start from the beginning. But from what Mazzy said, AA sounds the most appealing actually. I like the exploration aspects and stuff. Big combo system or something to really get me pressing buttons?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Harry_Whittier_Frees_-_What%27s_Delaying_My_Dinner.jpg

Shit like this makes me really really really sad. I'm all "awww such a cute kitty/doggy I bet their owner loved them but oh no that kitty/doggy has probably passed on and their owner no longer enjoys their company."

Seriously.

Like, I have a real and legitimate fear that I'll relapse when Zeek passes on.

I will be in pieces.

EDIT

That reminded me of this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-sorkin/sarah-palin-killing-animals_b_793600.html

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    man i wanna go home and play my dwarf shaman

wheres jake/thom/elldren/cass, i need to know if we are still on for tonight or not

arch

i just started playing DA:O

and instead of making my normal human rogue type character I made an elf warrior with the pointiest ears

and i am using his burning hatred of the humans who have oppressed his people to help me make decisions in the game

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i have been playing AC:B but it is my first AC game, i should've played AC:2 first perhaps, but oh well

it is epic

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've never been a fan of the GoW games, I played the first one, and thats about as much as I needed to do.

Yeah, I've rented both and buzzed through single-player co-op. It was fun enough but I have no real recollection of either game other than grunting, ducking behind cover, and chainsaw bayonets.

desc on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The most terrifying statement a doctor can ever ask you. "Have you considered your end of life options?"

I have a feeling that as soon as we get euthanasia all legalised doctors might have to ask that question.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    so what happened with rust/rent anyway?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Harry_Whittier_Frees_-_What%27s_Delaying_My_Dinner.jpg[IMG][/img]

Shit like this makes me really really really sad. I'm all "awww such a cute kitty/doggy I bet their owner loved them but oh no that kitty/doggy has probably passed on and their owner no longer enjoys their company."

Seriously.

Like, I have a real and legitimate fear that I'll relapse when Zeek passes on.

I will be in pieces.

I read once that there is evidence that losing a pet is in some cases harder than losing a family member

Something about how we internalize pets by giving them voices and personalities that they don't really have

When the pet dies, it's like losing a part of yourself

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »

Yeah, I've rented both and buzzed through single-player co-op. It was fun enough but I have no real recollection of either game other than grunting, ducking behind cover, and chainsaw bayonets.

oh

that is one more thing

I would pay lots of dollars if they included the temples from Chaucer's Knight's Tale

but they probably don't

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

The first 30 minutes of GoW pretty much sums up the entire catalog. Shallow, unfun, misogynistic, generic as all hell.

Sheep on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CC was having a nausea attack on gchat so he asked me to pray for him

He's an atheist, I'm a lapsed catholic

I did

He thanked me

So many layers of irony

Rent on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »

to prop up the corporate machine he rails against

As an owner of shutter shades I agree with this message.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »

Oh I meant god of war, fucking love gears of war...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Note that I took two Tums before I said anything.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    so what happened with rust/rent anyway?

I've been busy with this girl I'm seeing

Rust is still jailed so presumably he's using his one post/three minutes somewhere else

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Note that I took two Tums before I said anything.

colbert is too strong to get sick what is wrong with you

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.