Options

Old Wrestling thread is old. Go find the new one. [Wrestling]

QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard GrowerRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Old Thread is Old. GTFO!

6rceun58332p.png
QuickSnap on

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey, i like the meltdown of the year award.

So there

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey, i like the meltdown of the year award.

So there

I'd like to mention once again that I'm on the west coast and have to watch the broadcast delay. Monday Night RAW is almost never live on the west coast unless they're shooting RAW in Seattle, at which point, I wouldn't be updating the thread. :D

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ahhhh

So sorry great master.

I will be so nice and quiet little girl.

:P

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Starscream got his vaporization tonight. Galvatron is here.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The tag team champions in the OP are WRONG. Please correct this.

Pretty uneventful Raw it felt like. Nice to actually have some long-running feuds going into TLC though. Might be the best they've built a PPV in a while.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DoomSong8 wrote: »

Pretty uneventful Raw it felt like. Nice to actually have some long-running feuds going into TLC though. Might be the best they've built a PPV in a while.

Edit~ There we go. Changed to reflect the current, and most awesome, tag team champions.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nexus beats down Cena...

I thought WWE didn't do reruns (premium cable channels notwithstanding)?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god I am just now watching this and CM Punk going crazy about winning the Slammy is great.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yeah, I missed that part.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    On the other hand, this Cena/Nexus angle kinda sucks.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    YES MIZ GIRL!

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Too bad Bourne wont be back till Feb/Mar. Tonight would have been a great night to have him come back and kick Punk in the back of the skull.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    DoomSong8 wrote: »

Edit~ There we go. Changed to reflect the current, and most awesome, tag team champions.

Check the image tag. There's no picture of SantinoLov.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    YES MIZ GIRL!

That little girl embodies why I love wrestling.

Punk should have to give his slammy to The Miz.

Cause what a sport she is.

I bet they let her keep it.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like how Miz's expression as he began his match with Rey seemed to mirror Miz Girl's exactly.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    To follow-up on last week's story of Jeff Hardy almost being pulled from TNA Wrestling's Final Resolution pay-per-view and stripped of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship due to his condition backstage at the event, Bill Behrens, who coordinates independent bookings for several TNA stars including Shannon Moore, noted on his weekly podcast that company officials have allowed Hardy in the past to wrestle while impaired.

Behrens also discussed Hardy's vicious chair shot to the back of Ken Anderson's head in October, which resulted in the former Mr. Kennedy suffering a severe concussion and sizable wound. He said that Anderson is in a great position to sue the organization since he could claim Hardy was unfit to compete when he issued the negligent chairshot. Behrens says it's considered an "open secret" within the company that Hardy is still using drugs and thus they wouldn't have a chance in court.

jeff_hardy_face_palm__by_bloodyromance13-d2zvkjf.jpg

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So...how long until TNA finally goes under?

I can't believe these people actually have financial backing from anyone. WWE should wait another year or so, buy the place and then put the talent that TNA has to good use. They're obviously not doing anything with it.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm not really so certain WWE would use anybody that much better than TNA. I mean most of the TNA talent are guys WWE would just bury, or have already burned their bridges in Stamford. Personally I'd be in no hurry to see Alex Shelley & Sabin (or even the Young Bucks, for that matter) jobbing to the jokes that are tag champs in WWE right now.

That aside I think it's entirely possible that TNA is in no real danger of going under unless something changes drastically within Panda Energy. Otherwise daddy will be more than happy to keep funnelling money down to his daughters pet project.

Also I'm naturally suspicious of this whole Hardy thing since Russo (and Bischoff for that matter) love their worked-shoots so that they can "fool" the smarks. They have a strange obsession with that sort of thing, or at least Russo certainly does.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Two CHIKARA videos posted last night. First of all maybe the best moment of the year sees Mike Quackenbush take a brutal axe kick to the top of the head and the winner of the Young Lions Cup is crowned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av361Osg2Rc

Also, Japanese wrestlers even SELL stiff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccrQXB5mbX4

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I'm not really so certain WWE would use anybody that much better than TNA. I mean most of the TNA talent are guys WWE would just bury, or have already burned their bridges in Stamford. Personally I'd be in no hurry to see Alex Shelley & Sabin (or even the Young Bucks, for that matter) jobbing to the jokes that are tag champs in WWE right now.

That aside I think it's entirely possible that TNA is in no real danger of going under unless something changes drastically within Panda Energy. Otherwise daddy will be more than happy to keep funnelling money down to his daughters pet project.

Also I'm naturally suspicious of this whole Hardy thing since Russo (and Bischoff for that matter) love their worked-shoots so that they can "fool" the smarks. They have a strange obsession with that sort of thing, or at least Russo certainly does.

At least if they were getting buried in WWE, they might be making better money for it.

I really doubt that WWE wouldn't use guys like Styles and Joe properly, though. Sure they've made mistakes with talent in the past, but they've gotten better at it. The fact that Miz, Punk and Jeff Hardy have all been world champs in the past few years makes me think that Vince might be getting over his big man obsession. They're starting to do much better in terms of putting talent over size.

It's not perfect, but it's got to be better than just about anything TNA could do with them.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

At least if they were getting buried in WWE, they might be making better money for it.

I really doubt that WWE wouldn't use guys like Styles and Joe properly, though. Sure they've made mistakes with talent in the past, but they've gotten better at it. The fact that Miz, Punk and Jeff Hardy have all been world champs in the past few years makes me think that Vince might be getting over his big man obsession. They're starting to do much better in terms of putting talent over size.

It's not perfect, but it's got to be better than just about anything TNA could do with them.

Miz and Hardy were never in any competing companies and Punk was only in TNA long enough to have a cup of coffee before coming to WWE. It's not about size it's about booking so that the more a wrestler got over in another company the weaker they look in WWE. I could think of quite a few examples (Booker T, Tommy Dreamer, RVD...) but perhaps none is more aggressively insulting than Ultimo Dragon's treatment. Here's an idea of how over this guy is internationally:

ultimodragon-1.jpg

Since Vince loves touting that his top talent is "home grown" WWE chose to have him work Heat and Velocity matches against the same handful of cruiserweights for a year before letting his contract expire.

And if Jeff Hardy did come back to WWE he would be buried more blatantly than he was on his way out. I would point to Gail Kim as an example but it's hard to find the opportunity since she only gets on TV as part of a crowd of every Diva on the roster these days.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Which is kinda sad. I mean hell look how they retired Jamie Nobel. They had their homegrown jar of maynoise butcher him like a pig and made him cry like a girl. Unless ROH or Chikara can get a TV deal on basic cable [hd net doesn't count] then TNA is sadly the best they can do. Unfortunately they got to wait for the last of the ECW and attitude era drop outs to die off to make room to bring in the next gen of Indy stars.

I kinda fear what the WWE would do to someone like Kenny Omega or Delirious.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    So Batista's Daughter has a 5 minute sex tape floating around online. It's really not all that exciting.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think its bunk to say that a wrestler who was a big star in Mexico, Japan and WCW before making it to the WWE got squashed because he's not home-grown talent because... Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho? The difference between Ultimo and Rey is that crowds got into Rey and didn't get into Ultimo. If they had, he'd have been pushed.

Now, whether that was because of the kind of product the WWE was putting out at the time or just that Rey could tap into a massive latino market and Ultimo didn't have a similar Asian market to "save" him, it's probably a bit of either. But getting people to pay money takes preference over being "home-grown" in the WWE. Look at Austin or Foley. Look at Daniel Bryan, his time outside of the WWE is what they used to push him.

The problem with people like Dreamer and RVD and even Booker T. to a degree is big fish, small pond syndrome. Tommy Dreamer couldn't be used in the WWE like he was in ECW because the WWE is too big for someone to get over by getting his ass kicked in front of the same 300 freaks in a bingo hall week in and week out. RVD never even got the World title in ECW, he was arguably pushed to greater heights in the WWE than ECW. And as much as people like Booker T., it's mostly a reputation built around wrestling Chris Benoit a whole lot and then being pushed to the top in the dying days of WCW. The guy he fought most for the WCW World title was Jeff Jarrett. He lost it to Vince Russo once.

That was the problem with a lot of the WCW guys when people talk about the Invasion angle, how Vince wouldn't let the WCW guys look strong. But this wasn't Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Sting and Goldberg coming in. It was Booker T., DDP, Lance Storm and Hugh Morrus. Going up against Austin, The Rock, the Undertaker and Kurt Angle. The invasion angle was never going to work because noone bought a depleted WCW as being a threat anymore. They didn't look strong because they weren't.

Anyway, if you look at some of the talent in TNA right now, I think there's a lot that the WWE would not touch. And I think there's some that they'd welcome. Samoa Joe is obviously one they'd be interested in, the Umaga gimmick was originally created for him, Sabin and Shelley might get split up fairly quickly, but as seen with The Miz and Morrison, people can survive that. I think AJ Styles might be the one guy who'd end up getting decried as "Look, the WWE doesn't care about you if you're not home-grown", simply because I don't think he has the personality to carry his current position. I think TNA banked on good in-ring skills and the prestige of having one of "their own". I could be wrong, I haven't exactly been religious in my TNA viewing.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't know about that, Pwnan. Hardy was in TNA for a couple of years before his latest stint. He never won the NWA title while he was there, but he was pretty much in the mix the entire time. And what about Christian? He did win the world title while he was in TNA and he hasn't necessarily been buried. Sure, he hasn't won the world title, but he didn't win it his first time in WWE, either.

And I'm not sure why you're bringing up Booker T and RVD as examples of people that got buried in WWE because they came from other companies. Booker was very successful in WWE:

* WCW Championship (1 time)
    * WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
    * World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Test (1), Goldust (1), and Rob Van Dam (1)
    * WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
    * WWE United States Championship (3 times)
    * WWF Hardcore Championship (2 times)
    * King of the Ring (2006)
    * Sixteenth Triple Crown Champion
    * Eighth Grand Slam Champion

And RVD didn't do too badly for himself, either:

* ECW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Kane (1) and Booker T (1)
    * WWE Championship (1 time)
    * WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Mysterio
    * WWF/E Hardcore Championship (4 times)
    * WWE European Championship (1 time)1
    * WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (6 times)
    * Mr. Money in the Bank (2006)
    * Fifteenth Triple Crown Champion
    * Seventh Grand Slam Champion

Then you have guys like Scott Steiner, Goldberg, and Taz who were pretty much placed at the top of the company as soon as they walked through the doors. Sure they've buried some folks in the past, but I have a really hard time believing that WWE buries every single person that comes to their company from another.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Miz and Hardy were never in any competing companies and Punk was only in TNA long enough to have a cup of coffee before coming to WWE. It's not about size it's about booking so that the more a wrestler got over in another company the weaker they look in WWE. I could think of quite a few examples (Booker T, Tommy Dreamer, RVD...) but perhaps none is more aggressively insulting than Ultimo Dragon's treatment. Here's an idea of how over this guy is internationally:

ultimodragon-1.jpg

I don't know if using "this guy won a shit load of belts in a sport that is predetermined" is really a good basis for your argument there.

Plus Ultimo Dragon floundered in the WWE compare to Rey because of both audience's and the WWE's perception of him. They saw a short guy in a mask and thought he would do what Rey could/does. When he didn't, people stopped caring.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The problem with saying that Jericho, Eddie and [strike] Benoit[/strike] Big Show were used to great effect is that they were more or less being rewarded for jumping ship from WCW. I guess that's a point I should have clarified is that if WWE is at war with the company the wrestler got over in then they'll push that wrestler as not only an incentive for them to come to WWE but also to grab the attention of their competition's audience. TNA is not WWE's competition no matter how much they pretend to be.

Also if TNA folds Jeff Jarret is fucked.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gail Kim has made an embarrassment out of herself every time she's been on TV. She's not being pushed because she sucks.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well that's also true. The few opportunities she's gotten have been total shit shows.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am actually looking forward to the PPV.

Seems like a solid card.

Like something a 12 year old with SDvR11 would make for fun.

Ladder and table matches everywhere.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010

The kid whose voice cracks at JAPW is this kid. And by kid, I mean he's 26 and about to get married. I don't have a twitter account to let him know he made it into Botchamania.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also, for those that haven't heard, Dave Batista's daughter put out a sex clip. I checked it out. It's a 5 minute video that's more like an R rated sex scene because you can't see anything but the motion of what's going on. It's shot from the side and from a distance with a blanket blocking most everything. I'm not going to link to it but it's pretty easy to fine.

Apparently she was influence by Montana Fishbourne because this quote "Athena Bautista(Dave Batista's 18-Year-Od Daughter) & her boyfriend "Justin Miller" filmed themselves getting it in at a Miami hotel.. But they aren't done. The couple plan to drop more tapes of them through other outlets " came out.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    how long until said 'boyfriend' doesn't have a head or dick attached to him anymore?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isaac Yakeem!

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Also, for those that haven't heard, Dave Batista's daughter put out a sex clip. I checked it out. It's a 5 minute video that's more like an R rated sex scene because you can't see anything but the motion of what's going on. It's shot from the side and from a distance with a blanket blocking most everything. I'm not going to link to it but it's pretty easy to fine.

Apparently she was influence by Montana Fishbourne because this quote "Athena Bautista(Dave Batista's 18-Year-Od Daughter) & her boyfriend "Justin Miller" filmed themselves getting it in at a Miami hotel.. But they aren't done. The couple plan to drop more tapes of them through other outlets " came out.
    So Batista's Daughter has a 5 minute sex tape floating around online. It's really not all that exciting.

From TOTP

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DUE TO PA FORUM DOWNTIME THIS WEEKEND, TLC WILL NOT BE SCORED FOR MY PREDICTION GAME.

Enjoy the night off.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    how long until said 'boyfriend' doesn't have a head or dick attached to him anymore?

I can just imagine this kid, minding his own business then he hears, at first faint but growing louder the distinctive sound of Batista's theme song "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhh!

I WALK ALONE!

*cut to poor kid getting a Batista Bomb through a table*