Options

Steam Steam lol | We have some classy gents here in this thread.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Veitsev wrote: »
    You can't gift games in packs if you already own them.

Yeah, found this link telling you which games allow this. Pretty much HL2, L4D, and DoW.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    This is the umpteenth time M&B is on sale...are people even still playing this? I'm still not sure what the game is entirely about, other than killing people on horses. >,>

It's one of the more populated games that doesn't involve modern warfare or bad companies

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kings Bounty has a HoMM style overworld wherein you navigate your hero through quests and conversations, combined with a hex-style turn-based combat. It's also got a pretty tongue in cheek sense of humour. Primary complaint is that the game gets balls hard towards the end.

It's totally worth it for the complete pack.

Entriech on
  • Options
    KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Neaden wrote: »
    Someone sell me on or off Kings Bounty, its some sort of fantasy rpg/rts yes?

Download the demo. I didn't know much about it and the demo sold me on it.

KimFidler on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    noweat wrote: »
    I know this moves fast, but hopefully someone can answer this. Can I just do a single transaction of buying like 5 games as gifts, send them to myself and keep the one I want, and pass the others off. Or do I need to do single item transactions for each person?

Yes, all you have to do is forward the email, or copy and paste the claim link (but don't click on it) and put it in an email or PM. But the message stays the same as the first time you typed it in. I think I heard you can change the receiver, and delete the message, but you can't type a new gift message. Or something.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I almost want Sim City 4 just because I know when it came out hardly anyone can run it and now that it is the future then hoo boy. I suck at Sim city games though so weh.

Section 8 was kinda cool from the demo I played. I mean it probably has the most bad ass spawn system in any game ever.

SC4 is incredibly processor-intensive, but IIRC also not capable of taking advantage of multiple cores. So in the end I was grossly unimpressed by its performance on my C2D...better than my old P4, of course, but not impressive.

EDIT: I may buy it and just part off a 20GB or so WinXP partition, see if that works.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm, Sim City 4 is tempting, but I just picked up Tropico 3 and can't really see getting both. Someone give me a rundown on this Kings Bounty thing.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mount and Blade I will probably buy but one question, the warband expansion is a stand alone expansion, so is it worth getting both or just get warband and play that one?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I need to find out more about Mount & Blade. It seems like it has potential to be entertaining.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Mount and Blade I will probably buy but one question, the warband expansion is a stand alone expansion, so is it worth getting both or just get warband and play that one?

You just need warband as most of the big name mods are being ported over to warband.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Warband is a standalone sequel. A lot of us just bought Warband over the thanksgiving sale.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm kinda intrigued by the DOOM pack because I feel weird about liking DOOM RL without ever having played the real games, but I doubt I'd ever actually finish all that first-person shooting.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    List for us behind evil work network.

LISTS FOR THE LIST GOD!

SimCity 4 Deluxe $4.99
    IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 $4.99
    Doom Pack Complete $8.74
    Dirt 2 $4.99
    King's Bounty Platinum Edition $8.74
    Crysis games 75% off
    ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead $19.99
    Global Agenda $7.49
    Lost Horizon $9.99
    Mount & Blade Complete $9.99 (Warband $7.49)
    RUSH $1.69
    Section 8 $4.99

Jazz on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Quick, somebody sell me on Crises at that price.

King's Bounties too, I guess.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm kind of intrigued by Global Agenda. I've heard some great things and some bad things about it. Anyone here ever put time into it?

KimFidler on
  • Options
    noweatnoweat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I know this moves fast, but hopefully someone can answer this. Can I just do a single transaction of buying like 5 games as gifts, send them to myself and keep the one I want, and pass the others off. Or do I need to do single item transactions for each person?

quoting myself and adding todays sales image.

todayx.jpg

edit:
    Yes, all you have to do is forward the email, or copy and paste the claim link (but don't click on it) and put it in an email or PM. But the message stays the same as the first time you typed it in. I think I heard you can change the receiver, and delete the message, but you can't type a new gift message. Or something.

Thanks! I'll go get this started then.

noweat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I can avoid buying Crysis for yet another sale.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Is global agenda any good?

No. A friend of mine talked me into buying it at release (well, slightly before release, actually) and I sincerely regret it. I haven't played in a long time, so things may have changed, but it was repetitive and had floaty controls.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Simple no-hassle gifting tutorial

1. Add items to cart
    2. Purchase as gift
    3. Choose Email my gift option - enter any email you have access to, often works better with email not associated with Steam account.
    4. Complete purchase
    5. Go to Games -> Manage games and gift passes menu option within Steam
    6. Select one of the games you just purchased and click resend
    7. Now you can send directly through Steam or email to another address. You won't be able to type in another message so if you are buying games for undetermined recipients make sure you enter something nice and generic into the gift message.

Note: Games bought as part of a pack (like the mount and blade complete or King's Bounty Platinum) can not be broken up. They have to be gifted or re-gifted as a complete set.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I already had all of the Armored Princess series, but at that price I'd certainly recommend it, especially at that price.

Finally Global Agenda went on sale! Sadly, I just couldn't pull the trigger on Cysis Max Ed or Section 8. Once I got to the checkout screen I decided 3 generic sci-fi shooters were too many.

And also finally picked up a copy of M&B:WB.... and yes, it's all about killing hordes of men on a horse.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    I'm kinda intrigued by the DOOM pack because I feel weird about liking DOOM RL without ever having played the real games, but I doubt I'd ever actually finish all that first-person shooting.

I'm tempted as well but I'd mainly get it for the doom 2 master levels and so I don't have to reinstall 3 and such on occasion

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Dare I buy Sim City 4 again?

Yes, buy it dood. I've pretty much lost my case+discs. Steam saves the day.

Also, nobody buy Section 8. It's single-player campaign is garbage. Think Bad Company 1 death & respawn, then do that about a thousand times. Last level I'm thinking about you. Every player(bots included) have massive shields in addition to minuscule health. There is auto-aiming which works about half the time.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    King's Bounty, anyone? Looks interesting but I'm not familiar.

adytum on
  • Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seriously, if you know anyone who hasn't played Dirt 2 - gift that motherfucker.

Perdurabo on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jazz wrote: »
    I know nothing of King's Bounty. Worth it? And what is it?

YES! HOMM-like turn based combat with a single hero and no town management. Gorgeous world and a very funny (and very Russian) sense of humor. Old school in a number of ways, including being pretty hard.

If you've ever enjoyed a turn-based game, this is worth a look.

Also:

hadhex_det.jpeg?1292580118

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh the Doom pack has Doom 3. I actually liked that game.

Well I guess today is paying for cd crack/forget cd day. Crysis and Doom stuff. Maybe Warband but god damn does Mount & Blade ever suck me in when I get into it. Two weeks in 2009 October I got about 2 hours of sleep each night.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Come on, guys, show some love for IL-2. It looks beautiful, and is (IIRC) highly regarded amongst the flight sim crowd.

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Iolo wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    I know nothing of King's Bounty. Worth it? And what is it?

YES! HOMM-like turn based combat with a single hero and no town management. Gorgeous world and a very funny (and very Russian) sense of humor. Old school in a number of ways, including being pretty hard.

If you've ever enjoyed a turn-based game, this is worth a look.

Never played HOMM. (I know, I know.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    whats the story on global agenda?

good game? at risk of pulling an A.P.B.?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lost Horizon makes me want to play Uncharted again.

That's about it for today's sales.

Tempted by Crysis or the pack but $10 is a bit much just to replace my disc copies and avoid a reinstall hassle.

And it's heresy for me to not recommend Doom II, but after the QuakeCon pack paying $9 for just the Doom games seems a bit excessive.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd really like to grab Crysis

but I'm still irritated that the Steam version retains its DRM for some incredibly retarded reason

Maddoc on
  • Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is Dirt 2 a realistic racer like Gran Turismo or something more arcadey and fun?

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Damn you guys are seriously making me think about picking up Mount and Blade. Is it worth buying the first game for the single player? For an extra $2.50 I'm thinking the complete pack would be the way to go but if the single player is horrible and no one is playing the MP, I might just go with Warband.

KimFidler on
  • Options
    Raider MonkeyRaider Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So the last few days, I haven't seen anything for myself. Been tempted on Sam and Max, NWN2, an extra copy of Mirror's Edge, a couple others. But stayed strong!
    ...Instead I through out some surprise giftings. :P

But today, I think I'll have to pickup the KB pack when I get home. Been meaning to try those out, after enjoying the demo for Armored Princess (I think is the one with the demo) a few months ago.

Raider Monkey on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Iolo for the gifted Freedom Force. Now I'm up to a beastly 6 games! Double digits before the new year here I come!

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    whats the story on global agenda?

good game? at risk of pulling an A.P.B.?

got botp'd

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sim City got. Now to lock myself away so I don't buy:
    Dirt
    Crisis
    IL-2

Steam has made me scared of my computer. Tis a glorious day.

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's a Strategy/RPG. You have a hero who learns various skills & gives bonuses to your troops (of which you can have 5 different types at a time IIRC) but doesn't go directly onto the field. There are a bunch of troop types with their own strengths and weakness. Combat is turn-based with hexes. Good sense of humor.

I've only played Armored Princess, but it was quite fun and comes highly recommended.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Internet broke. Too much steam goodness.

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also, Steam, WTF with ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead for $20?

Amazon has the base game + expansion for $12.50, total.

AnakinOU on