Options

[Zodiac Phalla] Monday the 8th: The Taste of Victory [Larg Victory!]

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    No offense mate. But if you are so very certain that you re going to die tonight, why would the oracle contact you?

One night of protection for sharing such crucial information to someone that could rat them out to either the Larg or the Lucavi? It just doesn't add up from a risk-reward perspective.

If you gaurd yourself, wouldn't you be safe from Lucavi and Ninja kills? Or do you know if you can only block one a night? If you gaurd yourself, and we don't vote to kill you, and you survive the night from these oh so inevitable Lucavi and Ninja kills, then would you not have proven your knight hood in a far more constructive fashion than simply dying?
    Shamus and Infidel are working together. They are either Larg or Lucavi. They have infiltrated the Goltana network.

The Oracle should contact me because he is known to them, and thus in danger.

If I am going to die tonight, the Oracle's contact will mean that he survives until tomorrow. At that time, he will be on his own, but the evidence I have uncovered should reveal the allegiances of a large portion of nobles.

I am offering to help him live until tomorrow.

Proving my knighthood tonight will be too late for the Oracle. I would rather protect the Oracle than protect myself. That is why I am already going to die.

I have thought this through and through, and this is the only way to keep the Oracle safe for one more day, while showing all Goltanians exactly who are the traitors.

I know this doesn't make sense from a risk/reward perspective. But this is not about that. It is about faith and truth.

Have faith in me. Trust me. And I shall deliver you from evil.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Shamus and Infidel are working together. They are either Larg or Lucavi. They have infiltrated the Goltana network.

Please reconcile this with the fact that the Goltana oracle was not attacked last night by either ninjas or Lucavi.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    No offense mate. But if you are so very certain that you re going to die tonight, why would the oracle contact you?

One night of protection for sharing such crucial information to someone that could rat them out to either the Larg or the Lucavi? It just doesn't add up from a risk-reward perspective.

If you gaurd yourself, wouldn't you be safe from Lucavi and Ninja kills? Or do you know if you can only block one a night? If you gaurd yourself, and we don't vote to kill you, and you survive the night from these oh so inevitable Lucavi and Ninja kills, then would you not have proven your knight hood in a far more constructive fashion than simply dying?

If I am going to die tonight, the Oracle's contact will mean that he survives until tomorrow. At that time, he will be on his own, but the evidence I have uncovered should reveal the allegiances of a large portion of nobles.

I am offering to help him live until tomorrow.

Proving my knighthood tonight will be too late for the Oracle. I would rather protect the Oracle than protect myself. That is why I am already going to die.

I have thought this through and through, and this is the only way to keep the Oracle safe for one more day, while showing all Goltanians exactly who are the traitors.

:roll:

There is no network compromise with me, the seer knows I am Goltana and loyal and he is working with me obviously. Unless I'm secretly a zodiac and willing to sacrifice yet another of my kin and the seer hasn't outed me as a zodiac and the seer hasn't stepped up in some fashion to discredit my claim as working with him.

If people are going to try to pass me off as shady as that, well go ahead, but I doubt many will believe that. I'm just a noble, keep voting for me so that Goltana has plenty to work with as Larg continues to shoot itself in the foot.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    :roll:

There is no network compromise with me, the seer knows I am Goltana and loyal and he is working with me obviously. Unless I'm secretly a zodiac and willing to sacrifice yet another of my kin and the seer hasn't outed me as a zodiac and the seer hasn't stepped up in some fashion to discredit my claim as working with him.

If people are going to try to pass me off as shady as that, well go ahead, but I doubt many will believe that. I'm just a noble, keep voting for me so that Goltana has plenty to work with as Larg continues to shoot itself in the foot.
    The Oracle is still alive because it would be too suspicious if he died that soon after revealing himself to Infidel. Infidel could be a Goltana, but the seer could have missed the dark stone hidden within his heart.

With you as the figurehead, the Zodiacs can claim the Goltana network with no one to stop them.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    With you as the figurehead, the Zodiacs are the most in danger.

Fixed.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Larg? Goltana? Fuck this, I'm going back to Zenobia to hang out with my boy Warren.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I guess everyone will be happy once B:L is dead: if he's zodiac, go village! If he's really a knight, we'll know if CJ Iwakura or Shamus are lying. Killing B:L can only benefit the nobles of both factions.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Out of all the sketchy figures out there right now (that are still alive), I think Infidel is the most trustworthy, as he has yet to show anything on the contrary.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I guess everyone will be happy once B:L is dead: if he's zodiac, go village! If he's really a knight, we'll know if CJ Iwakura or Shamus are lying. Killing B:L can only benefit the nobles of both factions.
    There is possible Goltanian unhappiness if the Oracle does not help me help him.

All this arguing I'm doing is to save the Oracle.

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As far as I can see, all B:L has done is muddle things up, which is great for the zodiacs. If he's innocent, I'm confused as to why he would go about doing things in such a bizarre way. My bet is he's trying to get away with defending plutonium by distracting everyone, so I !vote for B:L

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I just hope Larg isn't maneuvering to set me up with a vote kill again. :winky:

Tally so far:
    B:L - 8
    Tofu (1068), Lignisse (1093), B:L (1103), Bliss 101 (1106), Gnasty (1108), Shinto (1120), frandelgearslip (1138), Serpent (1149), PsychoLarry1 (1185)

Infidel - 2
    Tabasco (1069), Shinto (1126)

Shamus - 2
    B:L (1063), cj iwakura (1117), OtakuD00D (1172)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I believe our host has succeeded in his goal of sowing confusion among us. I am saddened in my doubt - my luck will not hold and I will not draw breath tomorrow - I can feel the devils drawing closer.

Regardless, if any individual is responsible for blurring the lines between reason and madness, it is the villain B:L. He leaves me no choice but to !vote for B:L to receive justice.

Mazlo on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Whoa, I guess B:L is just digging herself deeper and deeper.

I agree with Bliss 101, only good will come of her demise. !To the chopping block, B:L!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So B:L is a she? Apologies.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also guys, you didn't learn from last game not to ever trust TehSpectre?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd prefer the vote swayed to take out the greater threat, but so be it, as long as the Ninjas take care of the other ones.

The choice is theirs, but at this point, targeting anyone else would be senseless, in my opinion.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    OoOOoOoOoh

I leave for a day and a half to get back and find myself dead? Laaaaaaame.

OoOoOoooOh

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    OoOOoOoOoh

OoOoOoooOh

Well you certainly deserved it.

Depending on what B:L's faction turns out to be, I suppose your buddy Infidel will join you soon.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    OoOOoOoOoh

OoOoOoooOh

Depending on what B:L's faction turns out to be, I suppose your buddy Infidel will join you soon.

I'm flattered that people think I'm some mastermind bad guy, but you guys give me too much credit. D:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    OoOOoOoOoh

OoOoOoooOh

I'm flattered that people think I'm some mastermind bad guy, but you guys give me too much credit. D:
    Not enough credit, Lucavi. Not enough credit.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore, but B:L's plan makes zero sense either way.

!vote B:L for death

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Goltana Oracle, if you truly wish to serve Lord Goltana, then contact me as soon as possible.

I realize that your position is compromised, but if you will allow me to become the new mouthpiece of the network, then I can help lead them to victory in the case of your absence.

Most of the nobles still seem confused as of now, and I doubt even my death and revelation will convince them. But you can work to shift the votes to the false Knight, Shamus, and place me as the voice of the Goltana network in place of Infidel.

This is the only plan I've developed in reaction to this situation. If we both die, then the followers of Goltana will be leaderless.

Contact me, by yourself or by proxy, if you agree to this plan. This is the best solution to keep the Goltana network alive.

Edit: And IF the network is not compromised, and Infidel is telling the truth, then we will be rid of a false Goltana Knight, Shamus, and you will have the blessing of the true Goltana Knight.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I realize that your position is compromised, but if you will allow me to become the new mouthpiece of the network, then I can help lead them to victory in the case of your absence.

Wait, I thought your plan was to die tonight. Or, atleast you will be sure that you are going to die tonight.

How can you become the new mouthpiece of the network if your gonna die?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Wait, I thought your plan was to die tonight. Or, atleast you will be sure that you are going to die tonight.

How can you become the new mouthpiece of the network if your gonna die?
    With all this confusion, it seems my death would not be the unifying factor I would hope it would be. It will reveal that Shamus is not the Goltana Knight, and he will be killed, but I have doubts because that may be the only thing that happens.

I was planning to die to protect the Oracle, but with no contact from him, he probably believes the network is not compromised. And on hindsight, I may be wrong about Infidel.

In that case, it would be better for the followers of Goltana that I live, by protecting myself and shifting the votes onto Shamus. I can then serve as the untouchable voice of Goltana, and no Lucavi spies within our ranks can stop me.

I doubt anyone here really believes Shamus is the Goltana knight, and it is likely he is Lucavi.

Just give me the word by proxy, Oracle, and I shall show you how a true Goltana Knight lives.

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L, like I said I was holding off voting for you because I thought you may be the knight... but even in your "unifying" death, wouldn't you be of more service to your side if you were alive? I really doubt you are actually the knight... and even if you are you are still making yourself a high profile target for the Larg, who are behind at this point.

Now you're trying to backtrack, no matter what happened if things are how you say they are wouldn't your plan "succeed" no matter what peoples reactions were right now? I think you are trying to play everyone here, and it's a very risky game you're playing.

Right now, I'm going to vote for your death... simply because I highly doubt that anyone in your position would (or should) be taking these stupid risks right now. And hey, if you are the Goltana Knight we know Shamus definitely isn't.

I !vote for B:L to get whats coming to her

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    B:L, like I said I was holding off voting for you because I thought you may be the knight... but even in your "unifying" death, wouldn't you be of more service to your side if you were alive? I really doubt you are actually the knight... and even if you are you are still making yourself a high profile target for the Larg, who are behind at this point.

Now you're trying to backtrack, no matter what happened if things are how you say they are wouldn't your plan "succeed" no matter what peoples reactions were right now? I think you are trying to play everyone here, and it's a very risky game you're playing.

Right now, I'm going to vote for your death... simply because I highly doubt that anyone in your position would (or should) be taking these stupid risks right now. And hey, if you are the Goltana Knight we know Shamus definitely isn't.

I !vote for B:L to get whats coming to her
    My original argument was that the Goltana network was compromised, and that the Oracle was in danger, and should contact me as soon as possible.

Given that the Oracle did not contact me, I can only assume that he did not believe me about Infidel. In that case, I offered this new plan in which I stay alive and the Oracle stays alive for the benefit of all Goltana forces.

You're right, my plan would "succeed" no matter what the reactions are, but it is the degree of success in which I worry about. As of right now, Shamus will be a casualty for sure, but Infidel would still be trusted, and if I was right then that would be a huge detriment to the Goltana side and a huge boon to the Lucavi.

I am a high profile target for the Larg, yes. But I am a Knight.

I can protect myself from their blades and also against Lucavi claws. The only way to eliminate me is by vote, and at that time, it will be crystal clear who is on the side of Larg, so our own assassin can finish his work.

I have taken some pretty dangerous risks, but this plan is the safest for the Oracle if he does not believe me about Infidel, because I am not asking for the Oracle's identity and he can seer me and know the truth tonight. This plan is safest to the Goltana side if they do not know who to trust; Shamus or I, with Shamus being the more likely traitor for coming out as a Knight for no reason.

This plan is MOST dangerous to the Lucavi and Larg.

• Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My countrymen, each day our course is clear. Each day more of these Zodiac Braves are found but each day they take some of us with them. I hope that this B:L's insanity is the sign of a Zodiac stone and that we can stem the flow of blood.

I do wonder, however, if tomorrow's course of action will be as clear as these three days past?

Mazlo on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Mazlo wrote: »
    My countrymen, each day our course is clear. Each day more of these Zodiac Braves are found but each day they take some of us with them. I hope that this B:L's insanity is the sign of a Zodiac stone and that we can stem the flow of blood.

I do wonder, however, if tomorrow's course of action will be as clear as these three days past?
    This "insanity" will stem the flow of blood...after the Lucavi and Larg forces are bled out and hung to dry.

Oracle, Goltanians, give me a sign. Yes, or no. If you truly believe that Infidel is innocent, then I am worth more to you alive, for then I can serve the will of Lord Goltana. We have the numbers on our side, and with each voting session outing more Larg and Lucavi, and with me on your side, we will achieve victory.

• Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    !Shamus

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I !retract B:L and I shall !vote Shamus.

FOR GOLTANA!!

• Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anyone got a vote count?

tofu on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Anyone got a vote count?
    Four for Shamus.

Ten for me.

A couple for Infidel.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

FOR GOLTANA!!

So your steadfast resolve to sacrifice your own life for your cause lasted... less than a day. Impressive.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Cantide wrote: »

FOR GOLTANA!!

So your steadfast resolve to sacrifice your own life for your cause lasted... less than a day. Impressive.
    Let us see how long you last after this day.

Sure, I switch things around constantly, but only because I am adapting my plan to the situation. My original plan was to die protecting the Oracle, but that plan had to change because the Oracle does not believe me about Infidel.

This new plan accounts for that, giving the Oracle enough time to seer the truth about me, while slaying the false Knight known as Shamus. This is what I think is best for Goltana.

But you wouldn't care about that, as the person most vocal about my necessary death, would you?

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Narration may be delayed an hour due to me literally not having a keyboard.

Go on-screen keys -_-

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

FOR GOLTANA!!

Sure, I switch things around constantly, but only because I am adapting my plan to the situation. My original plan was to die protecting the Oracle, but that plan had to change because the Oracle does not believe me about Infidel.

This new plan accounts for that, giving the Oracle enough time to seer the truth about me, while slaying the false Knight known as Shamus. This is what I think is best for Goltana.

But you wouldn't care about that, as the person most vocal about my necessary death, would you?
    This hurts me, B:L; this really hurts me. I thought I was the one most vocal about your necessary death.

I feel betrayed.

And what's with the voting for Shamus, everyone? Let B:L die, and we'll be able to deduce Shamus' true allegiance from that. Given the high chance that Shamus is the Goltana Knight, I don't like him being in 2nd place where a misplaced ninja at B:L will vote-kill him.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

FOR GOLTANA!!

Yes, you're switching things around constantly and all it's really achieved is painting a target on yourself for every other player in the game. No one can trust what you are at this point. If you do turn out to be the Goltana Knight, we know Shamus is probably a Lucavi and I thank you for that. But for right now you've really given me no reason NOT to vote for you.

!vote B:L

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »
    And what's with the voting for Shamus, everyone? Let B:L die, and we'll be able to deduce Shamus' true allegiance from that. Given the high chance that Shamus is the Goltana Knight, I don't like him being in 2nd place where a misplaced ninja at B:L will vote-kill him.
    You're the one most vernacular about my death. Cantide does have you beat on the initiative, voting for me not too long after the narration.

I honestly hope no Goltanians believe your lies either. You still believe that Shamus is most likely to be the Goltana Knight...after he outed himself suddenly for no discernable reason after I pretended to be the Larg Knight.

Cj doesn't believe that Shamus is the Larg Knight, which only means that Shamus must die, for he is a Zodiac Brave. He is no good for either side of this conflict.

robothero wrote: »
    Yes, you're switching things around constantly and all it's really achieved is painting a target on yourself for every other player in the game. No one can trust what you are at this point. If you do turn out to be the Goltana Knight, we know Shamus is probably a Lucavi and I thank you for that. But for right now you've really given me no reason NOT to vote for you.

!vote B:L
    I've explained every switch, with logical reasons why it is not an untrustworthy action to Goltana forces.

The reason to NOT vote for me is that Shamus is much more likely to be a Zodiac Brave. You'll be giving him one more night to kill, while you're killing a knight the only way how; by voting for their death.

I have a target painted on me, yes, but I also have a shield and a thick skin. I can take it.

You can argue trust and confusion all you want. The evidence is clear.

There is another reason for not voting for me: you're either Larg or Lucavi. Take your pick and stand in your spot.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    I !retract B:L
    I !vote Shamus

In the end, B:L's story makes sense, no matter how insane it seems. I don't know what game you're playing but I'm willing to give you one more day.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L is totally twisting me in knots at this point. I mean, what the hell?

Also just saw Children of Men, shocked and pleased with the result.

Seriously holy shit, those camera shots.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage