As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peace, Justice, Unity [UNIFIED DISCUSSION]

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Okay. The Hound's character sheet is correct now, I think.

Retreat should be a movement feat. And what are your feelings on working for a vicious den of murderers?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Quetzi, you're hiring everybody.

I wish you great profits, and few police investigations.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nonsense. I've only hired three people.

Also, haha, police. They'll need to send all of Vanguard to catch us.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I bet you're hiring people off the books aren't you?
    I have no idea what I just said.

and oh god I never want HUG fighting you. We're not even close to prepared to fight a Black Ops death squad.

Huge Mole Beasts from beneath the Earth's Crust? We got that shit down.

Silent Death from the shadows? Oh god where's my binky?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hehehe. There's only 4 of us. Hell, you'd only see three of us.

How many dudes are in HUG?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Eight or nine, including us reserves, I think?

I thought I count as a Golden Age guy. :(

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Eight or nine, including us reserves, I think?

I thought I count as a Golden Age guy. :(

Yeah sorta.

And I don't know if we could take double our number at around our level. Even considering the fact that we'd get the drop on you guys.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    But remember, there's ony 5 or 6 active members, and the reserves would take a bit to get to us.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would enjoy being part of the Anti-Government HUG. Quite a bit.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh lordy, a Bacunawa v. Heavyweight smackdown would be delicious.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    But remember, there's ony 5 or 6 active members, and the reserves would take a bit to get to us.

Eh, even so, here's how it would go down. I'd go in first to try and get the drop on someone, and hopefully kill them before the whole damn fight erupted. Blak would be using enhanced sniper to start and try and do some damage with that early on, then she'd have to enter the fight with the rest of us. La Espina would be able to tie you lot up for a bit, but I am willing to be I would have the shit beaten out of me by now. Graves' dude who still doesn't have a damn name would do some stuff I guess, I kinda forget what his powers are. Vampire shit.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love how everyone was all rawr rawr resistance screw The Man at first

And now it's all

Let's line up to give Ultimatum his morning blowjobs

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »

Eh, even so, here's how it would go down. I'd go in first to try and get the drop on someone, and hopefully kill them before the whole damn fight erupted. Blak would be using enhanced sniper to start and try and do some damage with that early on, then she'd have to enter the fight with the rest of us. La Espina would be able to tie you lot up for a bit, but I am willing to be I would have the shit beaten out of me by now. Graves' dude who still doesn't have a damn name would do some stuff I guess, I kinda forget what his powers are. Vampire shit.
    How I believe HUG would work: Splice would immediatly grab me and teleport me up, so that I could plummet down onto someone, probably La Espina. Golem would make a body out of something, I'd guess rock/concrete, and proceed to beat the shit out of one of you. Dr. Insector would summon a shitload of bugs to act as both a projectile-shield and an attack force. Plasmatic would be support and would be trying to bbeat/burn one of you.

Don't think I'm forgetting anyone. If it went sour, I'd put a call out for the reserves and get Golem to soak up your attacks until they arrive.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »

Vampiric telepathy. I helped him on some of the concept. It works like so: Innocent people are who he draws his mental powers from. So, since Heavyweight and Co. are good folks and if we were fighting in a crowded area you guys would be rather fucked.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    While I love the fact that Pony's going for a serious and realistic tone for this thing, I'd still like to be able to have some wacky adventures.

It's just not a superhero game till someone punches out a dinosaur.

I'd give anything to punch a giraffe man.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »

And now it's all

Have you seen the pic Fedora drew? He's a pretty nice looking dude.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    While I love the fact that Pony's going for a serious and realistic tone for this thing, I'd still like to be able to have some wacky adventures.

If Wordsmith ever comes across a Giraffe Man riding a Dinosaur, give Heavyweight a call.

Team-ups all up ins.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Don't get me wrong

If Ultimatum gave Redeemer a booty call...

:winky:

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

If Wordsmith ever comes across a Giraffe Man riding a Dinosaur, give Heavyweight a call.

Team-ups all up ins.

Actually, I was making a Runaways reference...

Mysst wrote: »

Do you have a character made yet? I've got a couple NPCs for the rogue HUG you could play as if you don't.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »

And now it's all

The problem with overthrowing Ultimatum would be the power vacuum left in his wake. I'd take a Superman analogue to a mad titan or lovecraftean horrors anyday.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    See I think merely by outnumbering us you'd be able to beat us. We might be able to take out a dude or two in the opening confusion, but the rest would be alive and well, and honestly, I know I can be beaten in a straight fight by anyone who can fight. I can't really speak for the others, but I'm built for single targets, and if there's a bunch then well, I bring support along with me.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Team-ups all up ins.

Actually, I was making a Runaways reference...

Do you have a character made yet? I've got a couple NPCs for the rogue HUG you could play as if you don't.
    Goddamit, and I read Runaways.

How did I not get that?!

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    She ain't built for fighting multiple superfolk. I'd go ahead and catch you fuckers alone.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh god, people are planning ways to take out HUG.

This does not bode well.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Looks like someone shoulda beena neutral

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh god, people are planning ways to take out HUG.

This does not bode well.

They say there's safety in numbers, but sometimes that just makes you a bigger target.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Alright, you fuckers. This leaves out three profiles I'd like to see before Pony comes back tommorow:

Scooter
    Spex
    Geebs

This isn't mandated or anything, I'd just like to know how they're coming along.

Edit: I'd just like the initial list even bigger. I got a rough estimate from Pony on how many people can play at once a few days ago.

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I know Redeemer is neutral, but would he be willing to help out Heavyweight and or HUG is it was really needed?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I know Redeemer is neutral, but would he be willing to help out Heavyweight and or HUG is it was really needed?

If public safety is at risk, then Redeemer would be willing to help either side

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Do we have an acronym for the anti-HUG schism yet? Cause HUG is what, Heroes Unified Group? Or something?

I'm leaning toward SHOVE; Superhumans Opposing Vanguard...something. I need an 'E' word.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Has Pony ever said how character interactions would work in a single character's issue?

For instance, say I'm moving through an issue, and even though it wasn't planned, some other PC wants to either help/hinder me. Can he just jump in, or does he contact Pony (or whoever) and work out how that would work storywise. Could I contact someone outside of the game with "hey, I need some backup pronto", and coincidentally the guy shows up in the nic of time?

Or do team-ups need to be planned? (Not including teammates, since you would expect them to show up or be called)

Langly on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Super Humans Opposing Vanguard's Elitism

no, horrible

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sounds good.

I'm thinking Redeemer would be like...crap, let me think of an analogy.

The Spider-Man to Heavyweight's....Falcon? Shit, I need better analogies.

Basically, Heavyweight knows Deemer's neutral, but knows he's a good guy and won't turn him in or anything.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Do we have an acronym for the anti-HUG schism yet? Cause HUG is what, Heroes Unified Group? Or something?

I'm leaning toward SHOVE; Superhumans Opposing Vanguard...something. I need an 'E' word.
    I think it remaining HUG would be best. Both teams think they are doing the right thing, and both think they are the real HUG team.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Langly wrote: »
    Has Pony ever said how character interactions would work in a single character's issue?

For instance, say I'm moving through an issue, and even though it wasn't planned, some other PC wants to either help/hinder me. Can he just jump in, or does he contact Pony (or whoever) and work out how that would work storywise. Could I contact someone outside of the game with "hey, I need some backup pronto", and coincidentally the guy shows up in the nic of time?

Or do team-ups need to be planned? (Not including teammates, since you would expect them to show up or be called)

There will be a seperate thread for PC communication. I figure you'd need consent for messing with other people's shit.

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Elitism doesn't carry the same ring. If I can't find a good word, I'm just going to drop the 'E' and tell people to shut it if they mention it.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sounds good.

I'm thinking Redeemer would be like...crap, let me think of an analogy.

The Spider-Man to Heavyweight's....Falcon? Shit, I need better analogies.

Basically, Heavyweight knows Deemer's neutral, but knows he's a good guy and won't turn him in or anything.

:^: Sounds good to me

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Elitism doesn't carry the same ring. If I can't find a good word, I'm just going to drop the 'E' and tell people to shov it if they mention it.

Langly on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The anti government HUG could be H.U.G. (HUG Under Ground).

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    New HUG?

Calamity Jane on
This discussion has been closed.