As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Batthread

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Cariblue wrote:
    What the fuck? I've never watched an episode of that shit show but having my favorite Batman villain tampered with in such a way is making me very angry.

Wait wait wait, you are saying that the Batman:TAS is shit? and secondly calling it shit because they changed Freeze's origin which they did not do at all?

He's talking about The Batman.

All I know of Mr. Freeze from that is he says, "You're slippery as ice, Batman."

Whoever wrote that line must have done Arnolds dialogue in Batman and Robin.

"What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age!"

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Im sorry to keep labouring this, but Google is being no help atall? Does anyone know what became of the toyline that was to be 'DCs answer to Marvel Legends'? I think they we by Mattel, and picture from some show or convention were shown. I think the whole lot was Superman and Batman characters, I think there was Supes, Bizzaro, Batman, Killer Croc, Bane, Azrael and Scarecrow, all very nice with cool bases and a decent amount of articulation. What happened with those? I have found no evidence that they ever came out, and its been ages (to the point that the posts in question have been culled from the boards)

Azrael on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I am curious about this too. Perhaps a brave enough soul could venture to newsarama or toy news international forums and inquire there? Keep in mind that more of all "info" there is almost certiainly bullshit.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Found something, small though it is, on TNI. The line is called (imaginativley) DC Superheros, is indeed by Mattel, and the first 5 series are as follows:

Series 1: (Batman)
    Bane, Batman, Scarecrow, Killer Croc

Series 2: (Superman)
    Bizarro, Supergirl, Superman, Doomsday

Series 3: (Batman)
    Azrael, Battle Damaged Batman, Robin, Mr. Freeze

Series 4: (Batman)
    Stealth Jump Batman, Batgirl, Two-Face, Joker

Series 5: (Superman)
    Battle Damage Superman, Lex Luthor, Braniac, Superman Mother Box, Darkseid

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15444

Seems they will retail for $8.99 a go, and it seems series 1 and 2 are for april, 3 for may, 4 in june and 5 in july. None of this seems too reliable but better than nothing. Some of the boxes are shown and contain 'free' comics.

Azrael on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    I want them all.

Qhich Batgirl and Robin, though?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Series 1 of the 'DC Superheroes' line has been out for awhile. I've only seen them at Toys R Us and Target. Batman, not surprisingly, seems to be a tough find.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    The dates were for availability on some store, so maybe april is when series 1 will be available again, explains why 2 sets come out in a month.

I want that Batman if I can get it, and maybe Bane. I dont mind too much about the Superman series but I might get Bizarro. Definatly Azrael, maybe Robin, Two Face and Joker.

I cant find them in any UK stores though...

Edit: Seems the Batman in series 1 is the blue-cowl one, I wanted the black/grey one, its in a box marked Batman:The Dark Knight, so it seems to be a differnet release (its not just a recolour)

Azrael on
  • Options
    OtherOther Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I want them all.

Qhich Batgirl and Robin, though?
    The two most recent ones (Babs and Cassandra Cain).
    dcsupesbatgirl6md2af.jpg
    dcsupes25zx8yp.jpg
    Here's some pictures of some of the other figs while I'm at it.
    dcsupes16fc2qu.jpg
    dcsupesbatman6qx6pk.jpg

Other on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I might rethink my stand on that batman, though he is a bit blue, think it should be darker.

The list I posted must be wrong if there are 2 Batgirls (who labeled Cass 'Batwoman' though?)

Azrael looks good except his neck looks odd. Maybe the right pose will sort that though.

Not sure about Joker's accessories though, look like out of the cheap toys of yesteryear rather than for collectable figures.

Azrael on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Azrael wrote:
    I might rethink my stand on that batman, though he is a bit blue, think it should be darker.

The list I posted must be wrong if there are 2 Batgirls (who labeled Cass 'Batwoman' though?)

Azrael looks good except his neck looks odd. Maybe the right pose will sort that though.

Not sure about Joker's accessories though, look like out of the cheap toys of yesteryear rather than for collectable figures.

Well, they are being marketed for kids to actually play with, unlike DC Direct figures. Now if I had a kid, and saw the little tyke taking a DCD figure and actually playing with it..I thinkI would go a little off the handle. "I didn't pay $14.95 for an action figure so you could go PLAY with it!"

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Azrael wrote:

Well, they are being marketed for kids to actually play with, unlike DC Direct figures. Now if I had a kid, and saw the little tyke taking a DCD figure and actually playing with it..I thinkI would go a little off the handle. "I didn't pay $14.95 for an action figure so you could go PLAY with it!"

No. Bad! Action figures are ment to be played with!

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    "I didn't pay $14.95 for an action figure so you could go PLAY with it!"

I didn't pay $15 for an action figure so it wouldn't be played with.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    "I didn't pay $14.95 for an action figure so you could go PLAY with it!"

I didn't pay $15 for an action figure so it wouldn't be played with.

Well, that's also true. I did finally end up opening a few of my DCD First Appearance figures. My only complaint is Batmans pose. I think they tried to make him look like he's crossing his arms, though it looks more like he's trying to protect his junk. I guess the golden age suit didn't come with a cup. It would explain the anger.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    They need to make a Nightwing figure, with his current costume. The only one of those I know about is the Hush figure, and it's expensive/hard to find.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Darkseid & Batman should have a slightly darker shade of blue.

Lux on
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Harrier wrote:

Fuck, that's even better than Dini.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Grant Morrison is writing something!

That's like him writing the seventy million other things he already writes.

God bless you, Grant Morrison, for your take on everything.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    On that note, what the fuck happened in Arkham Asylum? Dean McKean makes my head hurt.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    bloodsend wrote:
    On that note, what the fuck happened in Arkham Asylum?

Haha, I've been wondering that since I first read it back in December. As far as I can tell, it has utterly confusing art, dialogue that is a lot of the time unreadable because of the font/color choices, and The Joker has a ridiculously sized face.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    batman.jpg

Ive seen a bunch of that guys work but never that one, easily the best yet.

And good news on Morrison and Dini, they'll fix everything!

But isnt he having a ton of creative control over the DCU at large? I thought he was directing a ton of '52' and OYL for all titles.

Azrael on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I would actually go so far as to say it's the best street painting I've ever seen. It is certainly the coolest.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    I would actually go so far as to say it's the best street painting I've ever seen. It is certainly the coolest.

But why (how) are Bats and Robin swinging on one rope?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:

They're climbing, not swinging.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Keith wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:

:winky:

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I am very excited about Morrison on Batman. I have found the Batman in the comics for the past several years to be an utter asshole. Hopefully, Grant will make him not such an asshole and not so crazy.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Chaos ZeroChaos Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    but that means it's not going to be as action oriented then right? And probably no Red Hood.

Chaos Zero on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Chaos Zero wrote:
    but that means it's not going to be as action oriented then right? And probably no Red Hood.

So?

Batman's a fucking detective, he doesn't have to Kung-Fu everything in his way.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Chaos Zero wrote:

The Red Hood arc will / should be over by the time Morrison gets Batman, unless of course they decide to keep him.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I hope Red Hood sticks around. Maybe send him to another country, give him some distance from Batman and Dick.

A book that is like The Shield, but with a vigiante instead of a cop. I think it could work.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I hope Red Hood sticks around. Maybe send him to another country, give him some distance from Batman and Dick.

A book that is like The Shield, but with a vigiante instead of a cop. I think it could work.

This needs to happen again...and this time, make it permanent.

jason.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

This needs to happen again...and this time, make it permanent.

jason.jpg

I hope you mean kill Jason again instead of killing Robin, because Tim's cool.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2006
    I still think its something more elaborate than it just being Jason Todd resurrected. Unless its some mad Joker plan.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I still think its something more elaborate than it just being Jason Todd resurrected. Unless its some mad Joker plan.

Does Joker realize at this point its a different Robin? I just remember, I think it was in Robin 3, Joker flipping the fuck out the first time he actually meets Tim.

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    Does Joker realize at this point its a different Robin? I just remember, I think it was in Robin 3, Joker flipping the fuck out the first time he actually meets Tim.

Yeah, Joker knows it's Jason.
    Keith wrote:
    I hope you mean kill Jason again instead of killing Robin, because Tim's cool.

Of course I mean Jason. Ever since the Hush arc I've been dreading the day when Jason Todd becomes another mainstay character again, whether he's Red Hood, Nightwing, or anything.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    That would be cool to see.

Also, why does everyone think Jason has to be Nightwing? Am I the only one who thinks that's a stupid idea?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2006

I'm pretty sure it's not a Joker plan, since, you know, Jason searched for the joker, beat him with a crowbar, and was like "How's it taste motherfucker"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Also, why does everyone think Jason has to be Nightwing? Am I the only one who thinks that's a stupid idea?

No, you're not the only one. In regards to Jason being Nightwing, if you look at the covers for Nightwing: OYL, it's pretty apparent that he's (Jason) supposed to be doing his thing in Bludhaven.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

No, you're not the only one. In regards to Jason being Nightwing, if you look at the covers for Nightwing: OYL, it's pretty apparent that he's (Jason) supposed to be doing his thing in Bludhaven.

I'm aware of this, and I think it's stupid. Jason should have his own identity.

Sars_Boy on
This discussion has been closed.