Options

MMA XIII: UFC FIGHT NIGHT 24: PHIL DAVIS V.S ROGERIO NOGUEIRA [GET HYPED]

• Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fedor couldn't get out from the mount because he had sitting on his chest a BJJ black belt who outwieghed him by 40+ pounds. That is extremely difficult to do, and Silva made very sure to maintain proper control instead of recklessly raining down punches.

Does anyone know what the fight wieghts were? The announcers were saying Silva may have been 280 or something in the fight, does anyone know if this is true?

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [Tycho?] wrote: »
    Fedor couldn't get out from the mount because he had sitting on his chest a BJJ black belt who outwieghed him by 40+ pounds. That is extremely difficult to do, and Silva made very sure to maintain proper control instead of recklessly raining down punches.

Does anyone know what the fight wieghts were? The announcers were saying Silva may have been 280 or something in the fight, does anyone know if this is true?
    Weigh in weights were

Fedor Emelianenko (230)
    Antonio Silva (264)

His natural weight is around 127kg (source) which is around 280 lbs.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Silva is a huge dude, it would not surprise me if he was well over 265.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm in for PAFC.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sign me up for the new PAFC. I may be a gatekeeper now, but I've got heart.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys

Everyone forgot to mention that Frank Shamrock should, apparently, never dress himself.

Striped suit.

Striped shirt.

Striped tie.

My eyes are bleeding.

adytum on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PAFC 4, please.

You're not leaving me out of this mess. :D

Glorious OP, by the way.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm pretty sure Frank would prefer not to wear suits at all. At the last Strikeforce, he spent the entire time off-camera fanning/toweling himself and drinking water. You kind of felt bad for the guy, because he was so obviously uncomfortable.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Better than Gus Johnson's black suit / black shirt / purple tie / ridiculous looking glasses combo.\

//edit\\

*sigh* Sign me up for the next tournament also. I know I've lost my last 6 fights back to back, but I really need the money.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Better than Gus Johnson's black suit / black shirt / purple tie / ridiculous looking glasses combo.\

//edit\\

*sigh* Sign me up for the next tournament also. I know I've lost my last 6 fights back to back, but I really need the money.

man when i first saw him i thought he was trying to channel gus from breaking bad

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011

//edit\\

Dangerbird you need to write me a haiku about how you're not going to forget to make your picks this time.

Limerick would also be acceptable.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So... I'm in for PAFC. I've been waiting forever for a new round to start.

Also, just got caught up on the emotional rollercoaster that was the last 10 pages of the old thread, and wanted to bring this over.
    THAT ISN'T A FUCKING QUESTION GUS JOHNSON.

FUCK.

Haha. I was so angry at Gus Johnson. He was talking to Silva in the post-fight and said something like, "You just beat Fedor and I'm sure this is a great moment in your career" etc. and then gave the mic to Silva's translator. But Gus didn't end with the standard, "How do you feel?" or "What's next for you?". He just kind of left his statement hanging in the air like a fool.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    adytum wrote: »
    Okay.

Well, consider PAFCR4 signups open. The first event will be UFC 127 on 02/27/11.

I'll figure out the format when we get closer.

Dangerbird, Campy, and Brodo Faggins are banned unless than can give me a good reason to let them in again.. assuming they ever return to this thread.

Came back to the thread to register my shock at Fedor's eye. I thought I lost and was out of the tourny? Did I do a bad one?

Campy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Also, just got caught up on the emotional rollercoaster that was the last 10 pages of the old thread, and wanted to bring this over.

FUCK.

Haha. I was so angry at Gus Johnson. He was talking to Silva in the post-fight and said something like, "You just beat Fedor and I'm sure this is a great moment in your career" etc. and then gave the mic to Silva's translator. But Gus didn't end with the standard, "How do you feel?" or "What's next for you?". He just kind of left his statement hanging in the air like a fool.

his post fight with sergei was even worse
    i'm almost positive he forgot sergei's full name at the end when he was like "lets give it up for......[pause]....the russian!"

also, fedor needs to hire sergei's translator, he seems a million times more professional and competent than that tanya lady

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

FUCK.

Or like a genius.

Don't you guys love Frank Shamrock's key to the cage?

Key of the cage: Don't get knocked out.

Key of the cage: Fight.

Key of the cage: Thank your sponsors.

doug_grammar on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

FUCK.

And then his followup was "When you finally found out you won, you were overwhelmed by emotion."

Well, fuck. Thank you for that, Gus.

EDIT: Doug, the best KTTC was "Take it to him." I'm like holy shit are you guys serious with this?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just couldn't stand his inability to say Sergei Kharitonov.

You'd think he'd learn one of the what. . 10 names he had to know for those thousands of dollars.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm just wondering if Big Foot is going to end up fighting Overeem or Werdum.

I loved how Werdum had one of the lowest ratings during the text poll even though he beat most of the other fighters.

I'm rooting for Werdum now though at first I rooted for Fedor, and that went horribly wrong. Can't wait for April.

doug_grammar on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's really a shame about that Arlovski fellow. I feel so bad for him. :(

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Same here. He just cannot compete with the top contenders in his division. It's either making easy money fighting cans, or walking away.

doug_grammar on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just laughed a lot at the picture you used to represent Penn in the OP. Well done.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Strikeforce events aren't complete without those special Gus Johnson moments.

i still maintain that up-jabs are not an actual thing.

WHAT?

Did..

please tell me Gus Johnson actually said that at some point.

Also, I'm down for PAFC4!

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

FUCK.

To be fair, most fighters just ignore the first question and go "Whoo thank god thank my sponsors I feel so goood!"

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Campy wrote: »
    Okay.

Well, consider PAFCR4 signups open. The first event will be UFC 127 on 02/27/11.

Dangerbird, Campy, and Brodo Faggins are banned unless than can give me a good reason to let them in again.. assuming they ever return to this thread.

Came back to the thread to register my shock at Fedor's eye. I thought I lost and was out of the tourny? Did I do a bad one?

The three of you no-showed after winning a match, thereby ditching the competition after knocking out someone who was interested in participating.

adytum on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sign me up for some PAFC.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Overeem is going to brutalize Werdum on the feet

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Campy wrote: »
    Okay.

The three of you no-showed after winning a match, thereby ditching the competition after knocking out someone who was interested in participating.

Still trying to think up an apology haiku.

Actually, I won the first bracket, then got destroyed in the following match up. THEN stopped making picks, but thats no excuse.

You were doing some sort of losers bracket right? Sorry if I messed that up somehow.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TumTum is about to hulk up on some fools for messing with his tourney.

ITS ON.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I put this story up in the last thread, but the talk was dominated by the Strikeforce card, so I'll post it again.

UFC 129 sells 55,000 tickets for the Rogers Centre in 30 minutes

Geez.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    B:L wrote: »

FUCK.

To be fair, most fighters just ignore the first question and go "Whoo thank god thank my sponsors I feel so goood!"

Its incredibly rare for MMA fighters to thank god, something that I'm really happy about. I'm sure a bunch are religious, and many seem to pray or whatever when they step into the octagon, but actually thanking god? If you're not Fedor or Jon Jones I don't hear a lot about it.

Sponsors don't get thanked too much either, surprisingly. Mostly its the fight team, or family. Some guys of course go all out and thank every single sponsor they have; while wearing a shirt and shorts and ball cap with their sponsors logo on them. Gimmie a break.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Tycho?] wrote: »

FUCK.

Its incredibly rare for MMA fighters to thank god, something that I'm really happy about. I'm sure a bunch are religious, and many seem to pray or whatever when they step into the octagon, but actually thanking god? If you're not Fedor or Jon Jones I don't hear a lot about it.

Sponsors don't get thanked too much either, surprisingly. Mostly its the fight team, or family. Some guys of course go all out and thank every single sponsor they have; while wearing a shirt and shorts and ball cap with their sponsors logo on them. Gimmie a break.

del rosario thanking and publically apologizing the sponsor he left off of his shorts because they had to be remade at the last minute or something was pretty classy

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

FUCK.

What makes it even worse is when it's someone that requires a translator. It takes like 5 minutes for them to ignore the question instead of 10 seconds.

Oh I'm up for the next round of PAFC... Time to return to the top!

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If I was a fighter and living off of the wages 95% of the fighters in the entire world receive in MMA (shit wages), I'd try to get every sponsor out there and I'd thank them all infront of a camera as much and as often as I possibly could

Gotta make a living, son

I would do it like that one guy did it and paint my entire body in sponsor logos

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Eh, I'd rather be poor than be a walking advertisement. I wouldn't forgo sponsors entirely of course, I suspect that would be financially impossible. I'd have no problem turning down money though, for the right cause.

I know I am not normal in this opinion.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'd probably just turn down that one place, because I wouldn't want the world to see the word "BLOWOUT" written on the butt of my fight shorts.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I would advertise just about any sponsor as long as it wasn't Baby Killers 'R Us. So what if someone wants to put a condom advertisement on my ass? I'm cool with condoms. Pay me. :D

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    facetious wrote: »

WHAT?

Did..

that upjabs aren't an actual thing or using the phrase upjabs? Cause he used it like 8 times when a dude was fighting a much taller fighter. can't remember the exact fight.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    815165 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    facetious wrote: »

WHAT?

Did..

that upjabs aren't an actual thing or using the phrase upjabs? Cause he used it like 8 times when a dude was fighting a much taller fighter. can't remember the exact fight.
    someone should tell him that overhand punches are really called "downercuts" :P

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    as much as I hate BJ Penn, I don't think John Fitch will take him.

jon fitch is going to do to BJ Penn the same thing that GSP did minus the fun, excitement, watchability, charisma, etc.

No he won't. GSP finished Penn.

BubbaT on