As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

• Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jimmy Fallon mentioned Minecraft the other day in his opening monologue

well, the dude proposing to his lady on Minecraft

was still neat to hear the word "Minecraft" on national tv

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You know Jimmy plays in his downtime

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Just curious - do we have an eta for a new render?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gonna tear down my cathedral entrance and redo it. There goes a chest full of smooth stone wasted.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    RaekiRaeki Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    want dat nuka pack

Raeki on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So you want to mod your game?

Ok. There's like a billion of them so I would set aside a weekend for this. I'll try to break up this post for you, so that it doesn't get too crazy.

Server Mods.

We run Bukkit. We used to run Hey0 but they decided that it was a shit mod and decided to start anew. It was actually a good idea because the other was all bogged down with just crap as things are wont to do. We're only running a handful of plugins for the mod though, it's hardly finished and we're trying to keep the server as stable as possible. However if you see a totally rad plugin that you think we'd benefit from please tell us!
    Keep in mind though we're running on survival and there's a certain level of difficulty we would like to maintain, so please don't suggest us any plugins that would make the game easier, you know things like diamond picks that never break or something.

Other mods

They're all located here. You can find some pretty neat ones, but go here for your singleplayer needs, the majority of these mods can't be run on the server.

Texture packs

I'm not a fan of how the game originally looks either, but something to understand? There are a lot of texture mods. Like, so many you guys.

Ok so I split these up into their various sizes. For all high definition packs you must install this mod to operate them. They will simply not work otherwise. Oh yeah I work on a couple of packs myself.

16 Bit
    32 Bit
    64 Bit and up

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Someone tell me how I can share a folder.

nuka on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so my roommate is trying to log in but he's getting a user not premium error, what's up with that?

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nuka wrote: »
    Like how do you mean? Between whom?

I'd say probably dropbox I think does that.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Uriel wrote: »

Nope, only between people with email addresses that I have to add in and I'm not doing that.
    People like my texture pack but I update it pretty often.

nuka on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so my roommate is trying to log in but he's getting a user not premium error, what's up with that?

That means he didn't authenticate with minecraft.net before trying to log onto the server. Have him close minecraft entirely and log into his account. He cannot use 'Play Offline'

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oooooh okay that makes sense

thank

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You'd want it up on web hosting somewhere, and I'm sure there's some program out there that can watch/sync a folder on your computer to web hosting. You don't actually want to share a folder on your computer, unless you want me to steal all of your information and replace it with dinosaur pictures.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    okay now apparently he's not whitelisted, but i thought ultima gave him the okay

his name in game is ghony

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    okay now apparently he's not whitelisted, but i thought ultima gave him the okay

his name in game is ghony

I just checked and he is whitelisted.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hmm okay, thanks for checking!

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    okay he's stupid, he told me the wrong name, there's no h so it's just gony

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I dunno who has the gold blocks that outline the doors for your home in poneria but a creeper me up next to all your chests and you lost quite a bit. I salvaged what I could. Sorry, also i added some torches on top of your building thats a the second time you had a creeper outbreak

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just encountered my first monster cage, damn scary thing because i only had a pickaxe

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14282730/Nukapack.zip

This is the link that everyone wants. Both of my texture packs are inside. Bed in the 32bit one courtesy of Apricotmuffins.

nuka on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Uriel wrote: »

Nope, only between people with email addresses that I have to add in and I'm not doing that.
    People like my texture pack but I update it pretty often.

Just put a zip of the folder in your dropbox public folder. You can navigate zips like regular folders in Windows 7 (probably vista too, and I'm just assuming you've got one of the two) and add, remove or replace files, just not actively edit them. You can just drag and drop a copy of a file to replace it, though, so that's not a big deal.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We also have a server that we all like to play on. It's totally rad.

I am your gorgeous, charming, witty and intelligent admin (did I also mention skinny?). At the moment due to a change in server running mods we have 3 other sub-admins and no moderators so things will be changing in time. At this moment, the sub-admins are Ultimak, Twixxo and apricotmuffins. Check the main OP for more up to date information.

Hiartbill is the guy that keeps the server from combusting, so if there is any server issues talk to him about it. He usually gets around to updating and fixing things during the weekend. Don't hound the guy if you can't log in, most of the time it's really because of Minecraft.net rather than the server we run.

(I don't know what else to put in this post. I'd like some feedback before this thread gets locked.)

you didn't say you were female

this is important

if you want to get the creepy shit out of the way immediately, explicitly state you are a woman. are other people women? can people say creepy shit to them (OF COURSE)

also, who is hiartbill, what are his plans, what's the damage on the server, whats the get up out the naw mean

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    We also have a server that we all like to play on. It's totally rad.

I am your gorgeous, charming, witty and intelligent admin (did I also mention skinny?). At the moment due to a change in server running mods we have 3 other sub-admins and no moderators so things will be changing in time. At this moment, the sub-admins are Ultimak, Twixxo and apricotmuffins. Check the main OP for more up to date information.

Hiartbill is the guy that keeps the server from combusting, so if there is any server issues talk to him about it. He usually gets around to updating and fixing things during the weekend. Don't hound the guy if you can't log in, most of the time it's really because of Minecraft.net rather than the server we run.

(I don't know what else to put in this post. I'd like some feedback before this thread gets locked.)

you didn't say you were female

this is important

if you want to get the creepy shit out of the way immediately, explicitly state you are a woman. are other people women? can people say creepy shit to them (OF COURSE)

also, who is hiartbill, what are his plans, what's the damage on the server, whats the get up out the naw mean
    Should I post my measurements and favorite panty colors as well? No, nevermind. Better idea. You'll see.

I'll put the server crap in the main OP, as that stuff will be changing more often. Bukkit is so new and there's so much going on with it that I wanna be able to update it when I need to.

Check out my last post Exam.

nuka on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's a damn shame women get all the weirdo ogling. I'm a fine hunk of man meat and I just sit here uncreeped on.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    It's a damn shame women get all the weirdo ogling. I'm a fine hunk of man meat and I just sit here uncreeped on.

Just never wear a shirt.
    Trust me.

nuka on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »

Just never wear a shirt.
    Trust me.

In public, or just never? I can do both, but want to be sure.

Also, I may have a shirted solution:
    3262341824_4db80e6c94.jpg

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Won't work unless you have matching ass pants.

And it seems either I'm not on when people are having fun in Poneria or people have moved on. I kinda need to be around people, I'll just be the traveling hobo of the canals. Moving where I'm needed for the grace of human contact.

And perhaps make a new canal town of a slightly different design. Between Spawntown and Poneria so tourism will bring in the big bucks. And toll fares.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Basically any time I'm on this week, I'm down for collaborative projects. Just holla.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RaekiRaeki Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    redstone is haaaaard

Raeki on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Raeki wrote: »
    redstone is haaaaard

the_office_nbc_tv_show_image_steve_carrol_as_michael_scott__1_.jpg

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [snip]

Check out my last post Exam.

DERP. That's what I get for not reading the rest of the thread posts before replying.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Won't work unless you have matching ass pants.

And it seems either I'm not on when people are having fun in Poneria or people have moved on. I kinda need to be around people, I'll just be the traveling hobo of the canals. Moving where I'm needed for the grace of human contact.

And perhaps make a new canal town of a slightly different design. Between Spawntown and Poneria so tourism will bring in the big bucks. And toll fares.

akoot and I have moved on to green pastures in the southwest. you can come visit, though there is not much to see yet.

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nice lazy sunday afternoon minecraft
    wethreecreepers.jpg

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lazy Sunday wake up in the late afternoon...

TankHammer on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Every time it is mentioned someone loses 142 seconds of their life.

jackal on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    thanks for the compliment rank :3

M.D. on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Y'know we could incorporate this new green energy source:
    Get it? Green!?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Lazy Sunday wake up in the late afternoon...

You talk to Parnell? How's that guy doin'?

sarukun on
  • Options
    vaag256vaag256 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Being the dutch guy from ventrilo, I figured I'd register and show some more of our server.
    Also, as for how these *thingymajigs* were built, the main changes to vanilla minecraft are these:
    -we don't have health on standard, we can specify it to be on in specific zones so that people may still build pvp\survival areas if they like to. (these zones allow us to do alot more though)
    -we use warps and homes to get around (all warps are show on this map),
    -we have infinite tools on, quite simply, things like orthanc (yknow, that obsidian tower from lotr) wouldnt have happened without it.

We basically focus on both the gathering and using of resources, with the exception of the admin testing area (the big gray area on the map) everything was mined and build by hand.
    I do suppose it's a different kind of play as opposed to the survival you guys have going, but people seem to enjoy it regardless.

Now, for some more pictures: Yes, I like my vanilla textures. :P

and a video to be had at
    http://www.youtube.com/user/caliform#p/u/6/dCV20IReJGg

maps can be found at these are all updated once a day through a few automated render scripts

Everyones free to have a look around our server (we basically have a standard rank of not being able to build as opposed to whitelisting),
    though at the moment we're still running 1.2 as we're in the process of switching to bukkit.

I probably forgot some things, but eh, it happens.

vaag256 on
  • Options
    EnglishBobEnglishBob Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just a quick visual message for any who want to fuck with me in game.
    20110227182112.png

EnglishBob on
This discussion has been closed.