As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age Thread - [Please post in new thread]

1575859606163»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    vsove wrote: »
    I think the DA setting is, on its surface, more 'generic' than the Mass Effect setting. It's once you get past the 'oh look, elves and dwarves AGAIN' that it starts to show some of its more interesting aspects. I personally found the writing in DA2 to be some of my favourite BioWare writing to date as a whole, and I honestly wasn't a huge fan of much of the DA:O writing (not because it was poorly done, but because it didn't really pull me in).

I'm a biased source, of course, but I think both franchises have some pretty interesting aspects to them.

Dude who do I buy a dictionary for at bioware? Because Poisonous is only dangerous if you eat the fuckers.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think the DA setting is, on its surface, more 'generic' than the Mass Effect setting. It's once you get past the 'oh look, elves and dwarves AGAIN' that it starts to show some of its more interesting aspects. I personally found the writing in DA2 to be some of my favourite BioWare writing to date as a whole, and I honestly wasn't a huge fan of much of the DA:O writing (not because it was poorly done, but because it didn't really pull me in).

I'm a biased source, of course, but I think both franchises have some pretty interesting aspects to them.

Dude who do I buy a dictionary for at bioware? Because Poisonous is only dangerous if you eat the fuckers.

Every project I have one pet peeve that I try to get fixed. Next project, this will be my pet peeve, for you.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wait Z0re what?!
    list of Citadel races:
    Asari, Drell, Elcor, Hanar, Humans, Slarians, Turians, Volus
    list of other races:
    Batarians, Collectors, Geth, Krogan. Quarians, Reapers, Vorcha
    Extinct Races:
    Protheans, Rachni

and I skipped a bunch of other ones. Every one of those races is extremely fleshed out and almost all of them want very very diffrent things from each other. You mention the Batarians but if anything they're one of the most boring ones!

This isn't the ME thread so I won't actually go far into this but you are crazy if you think ME doens't have more clashing cultures than DA

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Angel177 wrote: »
    The only way to change the look of some one is to romance them properly.

FALSE! You can get Armor upgrades from certain shops and chests during quests.
    Do the upgrades actually change the appearance, though?

I mean, it's still false because Aveline changes armor from Act 1 to Act 2 if you do her quests in Act 1, so there's that, but still, do they?

No, from what I noticed, Armor upgrades don't seem to change appearances. Then again, I never found most of the armor upgrades for companions. In the end, they didn't seem to need 'em anyway.
    Renzo wrote:
    Are you seriously calling bullshit on a guy who tested the game?

I'm calling bullshit because I BEAT the game, and completed Isabela's romance. I KNOW it's false.

Did you complete it with the correct response's, because if you give them wrong, She stays at default look.

And Avelines armour changes from the Prolouge leather's to her guard armour, not Act 1 to Act 2. and its not an upgrade, just a plot look, as she joins Kirkwalls police force.

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Every project I have one pet peeve that I try to get fixed. Next project, this will be my pet peeve, for you.

Thank you Vsove, its one of those pet peeves I have, even the biologist on river monsters used it wrong and I had a sad.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And Avelines armour changes from the Prolouge leather's to her guard armour, not Act 1 to Act 2. and its not an upgrade, just a plot look, as she joins Kirkwalls police force.
    No, if you complete her quests in Act 1 and she becomes Captain of the Guard, her armor changes again from Act 1 to Act 2. It's nicer, with shoulder guards and it loses the ugly orange cloth on the chest.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I loved DA:O and ME2 to death (never played ME1 sadly), and no game has actually beat out my love for NWN and it's expansions as much as DA2 has now.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No, if you complete her quests in Act 1 and she becomes Captain of the Guard, her armor changes again from Act 1 to Act 2. It's nicer, with shoulder guards and it loses the ugly orange cloth on the chest.

this is true but YOU have nothing to do with it, its plot progression. We are talking about player upgrades.

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

this is true but YOU have nothing to do with it, its plot progression. We are talking about player upgrades.

Wait.. what? How is Isabela's look supposed to change? Because I got the big final romantic moment at the Gallows, and her appearance didn't change for the last segment.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    amundsjmamundsjm Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Act 3 Spoiler / Whining
    While I admire the writer's intention to keep Sebastian true to his character, was anyone a bit economically angry during the Act 3 climax when you have to choose between him and Anders? I was pretty accepting that I spent the handful of dollars on a character that you don't even get until Act 2, but then he's cut off if I choose Anders altogether? It really seems like a character that had good promise, but only is around for half the game.

Has anyone experimented with a Rival-Sebastian to see if he stays? Under such a circumstance it would seem sensible for him to not abandon you, given his loyalties would lie with Starkhaven and not the Chantry.

amundsjm on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »

Wait.. what? How is Isabela's look supposed to change? Because I got the big final romantic moment at the Gallows, and her appearance didn't change for the last segment.

This probably was already answered in the other thread, but if you use a respec potion on her after you romance her she gets a corset.

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.