edited March 2011
    ehehehehe

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Cat wrote: »
    Where'd the trailer thread go? because Attack the Block looks potentially hilarious.

That trailer is weird. Like... it's clearly supposed to be a comedy. Joe Cornish directing, Nick Frost, produced by the same people that did Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced, etc. But that trailer looks like it's trying so hard to paint it as a legitimate action/thriller/horror movie.

Americans: Failing to understand british comedy since... forever.

;)

Awww. You wound me, Cat. :( I mean, the trailer had jokes in it. I saw the jokes. i got the jokes. It just felt like it was trying to portray the movie as less comedy than it is probably going to be.

The more serious and straight this movie is played the funnier it will end up being.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Where'd the trailer thread go? because Attack the Block looks potentially hilarious.

That trailer is weird. Like... it's clearly supposed to be a comedy. Joe Cornish directing, Nick Frost, produced by the same people that did Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced, etc. But that trailer looks like it's trying so hard to paint it as a legitimate action/thriller/horror movie.

;)

British comedy is the best comedy.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    sara go to bed

i weesh

Mike: yeah, take it, take it you dirty animal

Ok this is getting interesting

jerking off at work will get you fired

the_more_you_know.jpg
    Its actually the only situation I know of at my work that has gotten anyone fired. The cleaning lady was not amused

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gotta make my mind up

which seat do i take?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So it turns out next year's maximum ISA input is £5340. Interesting.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCYpk0ivqjo

emnmnme on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    gotta make my mind up

which seat do i take?
    20081022.gif

tyrannus on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ehehehehe

as per my instructions

make some probes and pylons

you dirty animal

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PantsB wrote: »
    sara go to bed

i weesh

Mike: yeah, take it, take it you dirty animal

Ok this is getting interesting

jerking off at work will get you fired

the_more_you_know.jpg
    Its actually the only situation I know of at my work that has gotten anyone fired. The cleaning lady was not amused

That cleaning lady is a snitch!

TL DR on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The other important thing about Attack the Block is that Adam & Joe will be taking their slot back on 6Music.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    gotta make my mind up

which seat do i take?

Backseat :winky:

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Apparently they're not offering the Creative Writing capstone at my school for my senior year. Which is bullshit because if you have people taking creative writing classes but no capstone that focuses on what we're passionate about, then we're fucked writing research papers.

AHHHH.

So you have to write a research paper instead of doing the course if you want to graduate this year?

But you can't really write a paper on creative writing.

Make a complaint, I guess.

It's like, we have a capstone on one specific topic. Some of them write research papers but if they're creative writing oriented then you write stories. It looks like the only creative writing course they're offering is poetry.

I think their website is screwed up though because they're offering about 20 "academic discourse" classes, they have 9 "intro to creative writing" but only 1 advanced creative writing and then no capstone for it. Which, I mean..if you do capstones then you need to really offer them every semester or else everyone who did the creative track is going to be set back severely because you don't write research papers in creative writing classes.

I'm heading up there now to see what's the deal.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    guys can I be serious with you for a second

Rebecca Black is the only singer who ever got through to me

Until now I was fucking sure Saturday came after Sunday

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Sunday comes afterwards...

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

It does.

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday(fun fun party party) Saturday. What's so hard to understand?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Apparently they're not offering the Creative Writing capstone at my school for my senior year. Which is bullshit because if you have people taking creative writing classes but no capstone that focuses on what we're passionate about, then we're fucked writing research papers.

AHHHH.

So you have to write a research paper instead of doing the course if you want to graduate this year?

But you can't really write a paper on creative writing.

Make a complaint, I guess.

It's like, we have a capstone on one specific topic. Some of them write research papers but if they're creative writing oriented then you write stories. It looks like the only creative writing course they're offering is poetry.

I think their website is screwed up though because they're offering about 20 "academic discourse" classes, they have 9 "intro to creative writing" but only 1 advanced creative writing and then no capstone for it. Which, I mean..if you do capstones then you need to really offer them every semester or else everyone who did the creative track is going to be set back severely because you don't write research papers in creative writing classes.

I'm heading up there now to see what's the deal.

I actually had the same problem this year, where the capstone I needed wasn't available the semester I wanted to graduate in.

I went and got up in their shit about it and they told me I could do the necessary course as an independent study program, which I am now doing. Or I could've need one of their medium courses in a more advanced way, something like that. But it all worked out pretty well in the end.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

*rolls Hakkekage in pancake batter*
    *tosses her in the World's Biggest Waffle Iron*

There. The evil is vanquished. Her words can confuse us no more.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it's going to start a trend of releasing bad music. this will be an attempt by popular artists to be as awful as possible, trying to accomplish the same amount of success that rebecca black had at trolling a nation

tyrannus on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I finally got around to watching that friday video yesterday morning

i laughed sooooo hard

i love the internet

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    also can someone explain the ending to assbro to me

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    My god, someone turned Beef Wellington into a sandwich. Brilliant.

Ain't no pâté here, son.

There are a couple of recipes that omit the pate. I use Gordon Ramsey's which subs in mushrooms for the pate.

Seems odd. Generally you trade pâté for mushroom gunk when you've got to deal with vegetarians. That's not the case when there's delicious filet'o'beef in the there.

There's a moral issue for some people because the pate is usually foie gras.

There's no moral issue. You just don't use foie gras if it bothers you. No need to avoid delicious pâté.

Regardless, I demand commentary on how to avoid the problem of the steak not being tender enough. Cutting it into strips just seems a bit sad to me.

Getting pate that isn't liver of some kind is pretty tricky here. I don't care for liver. Bit of a leftover from my childhood where it was drilled into my head that you don't eat deer liver. So I substitute mushrooms and don't feel bad.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Are you sure it wasn't the son of a preacher man? Was he the only one who could ever reach you?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    it's going to start a trend of releasing bad music. this will be an attempt by popular artists to be as awful as possible, trying to accomplish the same amount of success that rebecca black had at trolling a nation

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Getting pate that isn't liver of some kind is pretty tricky here. I don't care for liver. Bit of a leftover from my childhood where it was drilled into my head that you don't eat deer liver. So I substitute mushrooms and don't feel bad.

Deer liver is poisonous? Like whale liver?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

santorum

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Some bad shit is gonna go down in 72 days. Either the Templar's satellite is gonna cause it or it's just a cosmic coincidence.

Desmond needs to find "Eve", who Lucy doesn't seem to have been. Whether she's actually a triple agent or Vidic's douchiness rubbed off on her is unknown.

Desmond is now at risk of major brain damage if he keeps animusing up, but the dudes who put him in there don't seem to care.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Some bad shit is gonna go down in 72 days. Either the Templar's satellite is gonna cause it or it's just a cosmic coincidence.

Desmond needs to find "Eve", who Lucy doesn't seem to have been. Whether she's actually a triple agent or Vidic's douchiness rubbed off on her is unknown.

Desmond is now at risk of major brain damage if he keeps animusing up, but the dudes who put him in there don't seem to care.
    the lady who kept talking at me was the same lady at the end of AC2? and they are aliens or something?

and what the fuck was subject 16 talking about?

also the end of the ezio sequence left a bad taste in my mouth. seemed way too rushed to give a great character for 2 games a bleh ending

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I finally got around to watching that friday video yesterday morning

i laughed sooooo hard

i love the internet

i haven't watched it. not gonna either.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011

Deer liver is poisonous? Like whale liver?

no, it's not poisonous at all. I ate it fried all the time. deer heart too.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    guys what is going on in libya the thread is talking about nikes and banananas

are we going to do something?

is that even a good idea?

can't obama just sniper-shot gaddafi or something

Arch on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I believe America, as a whole, is on the brink of moving into a Post-Empire mindset.
    The further along we come into that, the more the populace will get British humor.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    guys what is going on in libya the thread is talking about nikes and banananas

are we going to do something?

is that even a good idea?

can't obama just sniper-shot gaddafi or something

I think obama does bomb disposal, biden is the sniper

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    How come I have a bad feeling the USA is gonna wind up taking some kind of reputation war mongering ding for getting involved with Libya even though it's a coalition involvement and the French are really kinda spearheading it.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hmm, should i run out and buy some coffee or what

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »

Are you sure it wasn't the son of a preacher man? Was he the only one who could ever reach you?

isn't that song about gettin boned by a preachers son?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

yes

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited March 2011

the lady who kept talking at me was the same lady at the end of AC2? and they are aliens or something?

and what the fuck was subject 16 talking about?

also the end of the ezio sequence left a bad taste in my mouth. seemed way too rushed to give a great character for 2 games a bleh ending
    The one in AC2 was Minerva, the Roman Goddess of Wisdom. It's implied this delightful lady is Juno, the Goddess of Marriage. They're both members of a race that developed on Earth and appeared to have created humans as servents, who eventually rebelled.

Who 16 is talking about hasn't been explained yet. Hopefully that is explained in AC3.

Yeah, kinda. The DLC is nice for fleshing him out a tad.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

It was the 60s, Nexus.

Every song is about boning.

And Jesus Christ, not even autotune can save that song. And I've heard Katy Perry sing live, so I know the sort of miracles autotune can do.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »

yes

:whistle:The only one who could ever reach me ... with a penis ... was the son of a preacher man:whistle:

emnmnme on
This discussion has been closed.