As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Darkspore] Its Diablo + Pokemon + DotA -- Out Now. CTRL X to skip boring intro

1235»

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I returned to this only to find there had been a reset, but I did not really mind leveling up again since there were plenty of heroes I had not tried. I ended up facing the same issue I did last time though, other players are clearly above level 10 but I can not progress beyond that point. I suppose it is possible that you unlock the higher levels by preordering the game or something, but I really think they would have said so in game if that were the case. As things are, when I do a chain the game tells me I progress beyond level 10 but when I try to collect my reward the game locks up forcing me to quit the lobby where it turns out I never actually gained those levels.

That together with a number of other bizarre bugs means I am done with this game, at least for the forseeable future.

Vic on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Vic wrote: »
    I returned to this only to find there had been a reset, but I did not really mind leveling up again since there were plenty of heroes I had not tried. I ended up facing the same issue I did last time though, other players are clearly above level 10 but I can not progress beyond that point. I suppose it is possible that you unlock the higher levels by preordering the game or something, but I really think they would have said so in game if that were the case. As things are, when I do a chain the game tells me I progress beyond level 10 but when I try to collect my reward the game locks up forcing me to quit the lobby where it turns out I never actually gained those levels.

That together with a number of other bizarre bugs means I am done with this game, at least for the forseeable future.

afaik no one should be able to progress beyond 10 in any way,y ou can still keep gearing up your heroes w/ new stuff though

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ... I'm level 11? But I can't do mission 4-1, which I think is because of the beta. I certainly hope there are more levels beyond 5-4, or 6-4, whichever it is. I would hate to see this game become a PVP game after that. I want this game for loot whoring and co-op against AI. I have LoL for my PVP yearnings.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The top level should be 15. I'm at 14 but progression is very slow at that point and I'm not really inclined to grind to 15 considering I've been at the final available campaign level (3-4) for awhile now.

I'm playing via Steam, if that makes any difference? Were there different ways to get into the beta that maybe have different restrictions?

Drake Chambers on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh, apparently they raised it from 10-15 on wednesday, i haven't played since tuesday :( anyway apparently internal devs/testers can go above 15, but i haven't seen one

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    ChalkbotChalkbot Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So it would appear this game is about to release (the website says the 26th?) and nobody is really talking about it. This thread is even pretty dormant.

I didn't play the beta. Is it good? The trailers make it look awesome, but then nobody seems excited, so I'm starting to second guess myself. Have you guys moved on already?

Chalkbot on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Moved on? Yes.

Exhausted the beta, had fun. New games have my attention. I'll probably pick it up if it ever goes on sale. It's a fun toy.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Chalkbot wrote: »
    So it would appear this game is about to release (the website says the 26th?) and nobody is really talking about it. This thread is even pretty dormant.

I didn't play the beta. Is it good? The trailers make it look awesome, but then nobody seems excited, so I'm starting to second guess myself. Have you guys moved on already?

Straight up, this is a kinda fun game that is going to sell like shit and go to the bargain bin pretty quickly. It has some neat stuff, but with repetitive static environments, I don't think they're selling $50 worth of content here, and at least during the beta PvP has been kinda fucked up. Personally, I'll wait until it's like $10.

EggPuppet on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    EggPuppet wrote: »
    Chalkbot wrote: »

Straight up, this is a kinda fun game that is going to sell like shit and go to the bargain bin pretty quickly. It has some neat stuff, but with repetitive static environments, I don't think they're selling $50 worth of content here, and at least during the beta PvP has been kinda fucked up. Personally, I'll wait until it's like $10.

Bummer, that's kind of what I was afraid of. Thanks for the heads up.

Chalkbot on
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Once I found out about making detail items, and also that you can modify/reshape some of the default body parts, I was able to make my guys way cooler

pantsy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My dudes:

Zrin:
    zrin.jpg

Meditron:
    meditron.jpg

Andromeda:
    andromeda.jpg

Viper:
    viper.jpg

SRS-42:
    srs42.jpg

I've messed with all the ones I've unlocked so far but these are my favorites.

pantsy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Don't think I ever messed with Meditron or Andromeda. The other three I used extensively.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Meditron is the shit. Homing nanoswarms? Check. Heals? Check. Massive damage fist punching? Check.

pantsy on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Picked up my copy. I conveniently had today off work so I'll probably spend a good chunk of time playing. Its actually a coincidence because, while fun, this game is not something that I would request off for. It just happened that way.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Still debating picking this up. I had a decent time with the beta, but I feel like it could get old if the levels/creatures didn't vary more in the full game. Plus the story seemed all kinds of boring.

On the other hand, I am a bit of a whore for all things diabloish. I liked a lot of the dexterity based ranged guys, like the dark spider chick or the fire artillery dog dude. Very easy to zip around and destroy half the guys on screen. Never saw much point in having a balanced party.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I ended up picking this up anyway after dilly-dallying all until like last night. Hope I don't regret my decision.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I may pick it up after I get paid on the first if the retail impressions are good, I did enjoy the beta. But first I should finish Portal 2.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I got one prerelease copy from the 4 pack left if someone wants a discount on the game.

Chalkbot on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm liking this game so far, but it feels way more like a $30 puchase, not $50.

It does scratch that Diablo itch, though. And I've ended up liking the tri-champ setup a LOT more than I thought I would. Mixing and matching squad abilities is pretty fun.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know that comment is from a month ago, but that month means that it is a $30 purchase now, not a $50 one. I think it's worth it, or at least it was for me. It's $30 boxed on Amazon, and $35 digital on ea.com. Or at least it was last week when I bought it.

This definitely scratches the Diablo action (and loot) itch for me, within the first few hours of retail play. Smashing and destroying and really feeling that I'm killing all the bad guys is a lot of fun. And then I can add extra penises to my creatures thanks to the loot!

The only thing I'm confused about is what my "name" is for multi. I haven't tried it yet, but is it the name on my EA account?

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671