As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wonder if that includes free gametime fully. Do you still get 30 free days or whatever? 3 months is ~44, which isn't too bad.

probably only get the 1 month, though.

belligerent on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was thinking about re-upping today, which was going to happen inevitably, but it appears that the portion of accounts that involves giving bizzard money is still bonkers as of right now. Poor, poor Blizzard. :wink:

Straygatsby on
  • Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just spend 4000 gold worth of volatile air trying to get the fucking Synapse Springs.

Whoever came up with this shit at Blizzard HQ...I can't even begin to describe how much I want to strangle that person.

How about I can just fucking get the passive bonus just like every other profession? How about that?

Paragon on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    First thing I see when I log in - nelf characters running around with some god-awful two-high-ponytail hairstyle.

Henroid on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    First thing I see when I log in - nelf characters running around with some god-awful two-high-ponytail hairstyle.

you should stop logging out in goldshire

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

you should stop logging out in goldshire

Yeah well. Your face.

Henroid on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I've done it 6 times now and have 4 more to go, but some tips from someone who has run the Thrall quests too many times today...

1) if you have any means of dotting mobs, hit everything in sight. You get credit if you performed an action against an enemy even if you don't kill it. With as many people as you'll see doing it the only way you'll get any progress is to hit everything you can, even if it's just once

2) Don't AoE. At least on my servers all the opposite faction folks are flagged like dicks and if you die you reset your progress in any given plane. Sometimes they all flag and mass up on the quest givers making it really difficult without a macro to turn in the quest without flagging yourself.

3)Unlike a similar quest for the Zulroics, you actually have to participate in killing to move the bar; you can't just sit there and let it fill by others killing or time.

4) In the firelands portion, pay attention to the on screen prompts as far as where to kill. If for some reason you can't see them you want to do kills at each totem for 25% of the bar in this order: Air > Water > Earth > Fire

5) In the Vash'jir portion when you have to save Aggra, she always starts from where she is located normally for the quest and head inward to Thrall. She moves pretty slow but if you're getting close to getting your bar at 100% move back to where she's at so you can save her easily. The frequency with which people were bitching in /1 about it being "broken" or "unfair" is really irritating when they just could try paying attention. Anyway, you just click on her and you cannot be mounted to do it.

6) Lastly, the elites give a big boost to the completion bar and all except the deepholm ones can be handled pretty easily even if for some reason you're doing it alone (which you won't for awhile while folks are rushing for the cloaks) If you're not a tank I'd probably avoid trying to take the deepholm ones alone because they do this rock smash that is brutal.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also, Thrall is the biggest dick for proposing to Aggra in front of goddamn Jaina. Like, what the fuck dude. Not cool.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I've done it 6 times now and have 4 more to go, but some tips from someone who has run the Thrall quests too many times today...

So, how does this all work?

I had a quest to go see some green dragon, and I did that, and then there was nothing after it?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wrong quest.

Go to the portal guy in SW/Org. Then port to hyjal, and fly south to thrall.

belligerent on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I just tried starting the thrall line and haven't been able to move since I got to the air portion.

EDIT: Turns out it was recount, since it hasn't been updated yet I disabled it and the questline ran like butter.

Nobody on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ick, still getting an error message when trying to resubscribe, and the CS folks don't seem to be able to replicate it. Not good. I guess I'll phone billing tomorrow at lunch if I'm still jonesing for the weekend.

Straygatsby on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck Firelands.

Fuck it.

It's a fucking rehash of MC.

Same fucking trash mobs.

Same ridiculously terrible amount of trash mobs.

Same god damn end boss.

Fuck this. TOR can't come fast enough.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As soon as we had a solid [Battle Standard of Coordination] rotation going for trash rep, they hotfix it so you can't use them in the zone. :(

That 15% rep bonus is totally game breaking I guess.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The trash isnt that bad but man some of it sucks. The pyrelords w/ adds and the hell hounds suck ass. We got it down but man its just icky. We spent the night on the hunter boss and he is a pain in the ass. We were using the 1 tank with dog and boss and just couldnt get it to work reliably cause they are not tauntable anymore.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    As soon as we had a solid [Battle Standard of Coordination] rotation going for trash rep, they hotfix it so you can't use them in the zone. :(

That 15% rep bonus is totally game breaking I guess.

But... that's the entire purpose of that item. Why put a fucking bonus rep flag in the game if when people actually find a use for it you patch out that use? Blizzard!

-SPI- on
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So after spending way too much gold I got my hands on http://www.wowhead.com/item=71366. Despite having the word Crossbow in its name and being labeled as a crossbow in game, it currently makes gun noises. Yay Blizzard.

Emporium on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Emporium wrote: »
    So after spending way too much gold I got my hands on http://www.wowhead.com/item=71366. Despite having the word Crossbow in its name and being labeled as a crossbow in game, it currently makes gun noises. Yay Blizzard.

Originally it was a gun; the Lava Bore Blunderbuss. Or something.

Now it's apparently a crossbow (that makes gun noises!) that has 100% identical stats to a BoP crossbow dropped by a Firelands boss.

Hooray!

Rius on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pretty lame that the intro quest gives you a nice purple cloak that will be replaced in one night in Firelands by the friendly rep cloaks from the new faction.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The trash isnt that bad but man some of it sucks. The pyrelords w/ adds and the hell hounds suck ass. We got it down but man its just icky. We spent the night on the hunter boss and he is a pain in the ass. We were using the 1 tank with dog and boss and just couldnt get it to work reliably cause they are not tauntable anymore.

the pyrelords are pretty cool, actually.

We just cc two of the adds and have the tank hold the pyrelord while waiting for the third add to ignite, which ranged then kites away while everyone burns it down. Repeat x2, kill pyrelord.

Also: instance server issues all of twice tonight, which was unexpected. Got in several decent attempts on Rhyolith, one accidental pull on Shannox, and a goodly amount of trash learned and downed.

Kind of bummed since our rival guild managed to actually down a boss tonight (Shannox, which seems to be the easiest), but still good.

Had some issues where Rhyolith refused to turn no matter how much we burned his feet though, which I'm wondering if there's some sort of mechanic we're missing.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Pretty lame that the intro quest gives you a nice purple cloak that will be replaced in one night in Firelands by the friendly rep cloaks from the new faction.

Yeah, kinda.

Depends on the length of your nights

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    wrong quest.

I did. There was a big cut scene, someone was like 'see a dragon', did, then nothing. o_O

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    wrong quest.

I did. There was a big cut scene, someone was like 'see a dragon', did, then nothing. o_O

There should be another quest there

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

We just cc two of the adds and have the tank hold the pyrelord while waiting for the third add to ignite, which ranged then kites away while everyone burns it down. Repeat x2, kill pyrelord.

Also: instance server issues all of twice tonight, which was unexpected. Got in several decent attempts on Rhyolith, one accidental pull on Shannox, and a goodly amount of trash learned and downed.

Kind of bummed since our rival guild managed to actually down a boss tonight (Shannox, which seems to be the easiest), but still good.

Had some issues where Rhyolith refused to turn no matter how much we burned his feet though, which I'm wondering if there's some sort of mechanic we're missing.

Yeah we got it down pretty fast it was just a pain ass the first few times.... "hey guys these mobs have a debuff taht reduces dmg by 90%" WTF! I guess we shouldnt have killed the big guy first ;)

Like Justin said once the honeymoon is over this trash is going to be a pain but that is still awhile away as we got the STR trinket the Spell DPS staff and 4 patterns tonight yay.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wrong quest.

There's a couple quests. One is the thrall quest chain. The guy at the earth portal in Stormwind/Org hands that out.

After I finished that I noticed Ysera had a new quest. Something about a corrupted green dragon but once that was done there was no follow-up quest to point you where to go next. Turns out you need to go the Shrine of Malorne there in Hyjal.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in addition to WoW+BC being 20 bucks on the Blizzard store, apparently if you previously had just a vanilla WoW account, you can upgrade to BC for free, I guess indefinitely? They didn't mention it as a deal that expired, anyway.

Also, trial accounts now last forever. All the other restrictions are in place, but once you sign up for a trial account, there's no time limit associated with it.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

Yeah we got it down pretty fast it was just a pain ass the first few times.... "hey guys these mobs have a debuff taht reduces dmg by 90%" WTF! I guess we shouldnt have killed the big guy first ;)

Like Justin said once the honeymoon is over this trash is going to be a pain but that is still awhile away as we got the STR trinket the Spell DPS staff and 4 patterns tonight yay.

:x

We got one pattern

One pattern for three clears of the southern trash pulls.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Something about a corrupted green dragon but once that was done there was no follow-up quest to point you where to go next

Possible Spoiler:
    After you kill Alysra she is "Reborn in Fire !!" as Alysrazor, which is I suspect the whole point of that quest. I think we'll be seeing her later on, either in the Firelands or as an enemy in a future update.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Something about a corrupted green dragon but once that was done there was no follow-up quest to point you where to go next

Possible Spoiler:
    After you kill Alysra she is "Reborn in Fire !!" as Alysrazor, which is I suspect the whole point of that quest. I think we'll be seeing her later on, either in the Firelands or as an enemy in a future update.
    She is a firelands boss. It's in the dungeon journal!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So a non-tauntable boss and add that require frequent tank switches is pretty much the worst thing in the world when you live in a world where tanks have vengeance.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dungeon journal is awesome (only read the notes, about to look at it in game)

aaaaand rearranging my character list is something I've wanted forever. sort of meaningless but I'm happy about it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Welp, time to wait for addon updates so the game is playable again. I would have figured with a patch on the ptr for so long they'd have sorted out making them compatible for patch day.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Welp, tonight was ... productive, I guess!

Punched Nef and Al'akir for first downs in about an hour total, earning Defender of a Shattered World. Our alt warrior tank logged onto his main Mage, and suddenly we had United Nations as a couple of the reps he had had at exalted but weren't counted suddenly were, so we got our Dark Phoenix hatchlings and mounts.

Think we're going to try mostly heroic BoT on Thursday, then probably start facepunching in Firelands.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So a non-tauntable boss and add that require frequent tank switches is pretty much the worst thing in the world when you live in a world where tanks have vengeance.

Well from what we have seen on the net they made them non tauntable so there is no tank swap anymore you have to use the dog grabbing the spear and traps to reset your debuffs with the dog being offtanked.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    So wait, if both the boss and the dog are applying the debuff to the tank. How do you handle the boss? I understand the dog can be trapped but the boss can't be.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Also, Thrall is the biggest dick for proposing to Aggra in front of goddamn Jaina. Like, what the fuck dude. Not cool.

Chicks, dude.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am jealous of your raiding ability. I haven't been in the new raid on the first night doing progression since Ulduar.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    got my DK into a trial run with a progression raiding guild. i'm a little worried; i haven't done any cata raiding content, but they're going into firelands.

i guess it is a trial by fire. HAHAHAHA.

furthermore, according to wowhead, not a single one of the firelands bosses drops a dps strength 1h weapon; there are two agi daggers, two str 2hers, etc. is this blizzard's way of saying titan's grip/dw frost are not supposed to be viable anymore? or maybe there is another source for these kinds of weapons...

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    got my DK into a trial run with a progression raiding guild. i'm a little worried; i haven't done any cata raiding content, but they're going into firelands.

i guess it is a trial by fire. HAHAHAHA.

furthermore, according to wowhead, not a single one of the firelands bosses drops a dps strength 1h weapon; there are two agi daggers, two str 2hers, etc. is this blizzard's way of saying titan's grip/dw frost are not supposed to be viable anymore? or maybe there is another source for these kinds of weapons...

blacksmiths can make 367 str 1handers in a month

if your server is anything like mine they will cost at least 12k a piece.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    last day of dailies with my venomhide hatchling today

i'm gonna miss the hungry preening thing

OH WAIT IT'S GOING TO BE MY NEW MOUNT :3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.