Options

MMA XV: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nates story : was on high doses of HRT. The AC said fix this shit 6 weeks out (ie prove you need hrt, lover your hormones to human levels.) Marq claims he did the paperwork, got human levels, commision contented with his diagnosis of low Hormones and then went BACK on HRT. His doc recommended he up the dose pre fight to get back to normal in time for the fight. The commission flips its wig again as his levels are astronomical, he is being tested DAILY. but after stuttering on and off HRT he could not lower his hormones in time for weigh in and got pulled.

Or a simpler example.

PEDs. ANd the masking there of.
    2nd time for him.

This time it cost a main event.

They gave him multiple, multiple chances to correct the issue. The UFC and commision knew the entire time. He knew they knew. He still could not get his shit in order. He is an asshole.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, he was supposed to go against the medical advice his doctor gave him?

Man, he is a dick for listening to his doctor.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    WibodWibod Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Doctor is a dumbfuck (said aggressive TRT was safe and a good idea, neither are), also Nate got a TUE when he fought Dan Miller despite his TRT being administered improperly (ie not USADA way). Nate had like 3 weeks where he wasn't taking TRT and his levels the day of the fight were within normal ranges apparently, but the PAC wouldn't take that test result or something stupid.

Wibod on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    So, he was supposed to go against the medical advice his doctor gave him?

Man, he is a dick for listening to his doctor.

Thats his story.
    He also is responsible for himself. when he sues his endocrinologist I will say "Nate got fucked"
    But HRT on that young a dude?

I wonder if HRT itself will creep as an issue in other sports?

ALso jersey commission now states they did not grant him a medical pass as his before and after fight tests were not normal. SO this doc, if thats the case, was screwing up from word go.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know this isn't related to the Marquardt Gate, but I think I would like to see Cheikh face Meathead next. Kind of a revenge match (for Meathead) due to Cheikh's steel plated chin allowing him to KO Barry. Also, it gives Meathead a step up in competition to gauge where he's truly at.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fmz65 wrote: »
    I know this isn't related to the Marquardt Gate, but I think I would like to see Cheikh face Meathead next. Kind of a revenge match (for Meathead) due to Cheikh's steel plated chin allowing him to KO Barry. Also, it gives Meathead a step up in competition to gauge where he's truly at.
    I'd like to see Meathead vs Barry, it'd be a more impressive match between two guys with potential, one reaching for it and one falling from it.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hate the idea that Barry is falling from potential, but I can't deny what I'm seeing. Meathead would be a good match up. But aren't they best buddies or something? All Barry's super weird stories have Meathead in them.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I hate the idea that Barry is falling from potential, but I can't deny what I'm seeing. Meathead would be a good match up. But aren't they best buddies or something? All Barry's super weird stories have Meathead in them.
    That's why I want Barry to fight him.

He has to get it into his head that the person in front of him is his opponent. Not an idol to hug and hi5 for three rounds, nor someone to get sloppy against and not pull the trigger. He has to fight himself to fight his friend, and struggling through that is the only way he'll get past this stage of his career.

Also I want him to kick the living death out of Meathead for what he did to Kimbo.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fmz65 wrote: »
    I know this isn't related to the NateGate, but I think I would like to see Cheikh face Meathead next. Kind of a revenge match (for Meathead) due to Cheikh's steel plated chin allowing him to KO Barry. Also, it gives Meathead a step up in competition to gauge where he's truly at.

ftfy

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    B:L wrote: »

He has to get it into his head that the person in front of him is his opponent. Not an idol to hug and hi5 for three rounds, nor someone to get sloppy against and not pull the trigger. He has to fight himself to fight his friend, and struggling through that is the only way he'll get past this stage of his career.

Also I want him to kick the living death out of Meathead for what he did to Kimbo.

I assume you're referring to his fight with Cheick Kongo. Not sure how you consider that not pulling the trigger though. If anything, once he hurt Kongo, he got a little too crazy. If only he had remained calm and picked his shots a little better, he could have been on the winning side of a TKO.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    People are always talking about how Chris Lytle is the king of bonus in the UFC. And granted, he has 8 bonuses of some kind over his entire UFC career, so he deserves the title (although Anderson Silva has 8, too, we're usually talking about him for completely different reasons).

But I was looking over some stats for the guys that just fought on Sunday and apparently Joe Lauzon has 7 bonuses, 5 of which have been in his last 5 fights. I didn't realize he had racked up so many until I was looking through his record. If Lytle is the king, Lauzon is the prince. :D

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lauzon is a total BAMF. I'd love to see him fight Charles Oliveira.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »

I assume you're referring to his fight with Cheick Kongo. Not sure how you consider that not pulling the trigger though. If anything, once he hurt Kongo, he got a little too crazy. If only he had remained calm and picked his shots a little better, he could have been on the winning side of a TKO.
    It was referring to the Mir fight.

If I were to describe the Kongo fight, it's sloppy and unfocused. Unfocused appears to be the adjective to describe Barry right now.

More details leaked about NateGate. Apparently he filed for an exemption prior to his Miller fight. They then decided to deny the exemption right around the weigh ins for the Story fight. The timing of it all seemed extremely peculiar.

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    J-Lau's win over Gabe Ruediger is one of my favorite fights in recent memory.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In celebration of the fact that Chael Sonnen is allowed to reapply for a fight license today, here are some of his latest tweets!

"Axe Murderer, my ass. I'm more intimidated by Axe Body Spray"

"You beat 22 men in a row over in Japan and can't beat 2 straight in the US...big difference when the refs not wearing an earpiece...Wand wins 22 fights in Japan!! In related news, Hulk Hogan pins the Iron Shiek"

Antonio Silva then says - Who is this guy. Wow, I know who is, he lost to Anderson Silva, yes? Shut up.

Back to Sonnen:

"Watch yourself, Antonio. You think I give a dam that you are are a HWT? I've pushed people your size out of the way looking for somebody to fight"

Chael Sonnen is the gift that keeps on giving. I know it's not a lock that he'll even get his license back, but I hope he does. I need some new Chael smack talk audio.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hope Chael gets his face beaten to a bloody pulp one day.. that way I can justify reading the shit he spews.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Now I want to see Chael vs Antonio Silva.

Of course, they'll need to host the fight in Japan or something. But I still want to see it.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Antonio is a scary, ugly looking mother fucker.

Also, Chael is a bad troll. Wandy never won 22 in a row.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just feel like Nate found a doctor that was unethical or clueless enough to basically assist his juicing but it went badly because neither knew what the fuck they were doing. I just have trouble believing a competent doctor would put someone on extra aggressive testosterone injections unless he's just trying to sterilize Marquardt or something. That just can't be safe going from sub-normal levels to taking huge amounts of T to "be ready" for a fight. It seems to me like the whole thing was a comedy of errors but he has himself to blame ultimately, for sticking with his doctor if nothing else.

Speaking of Joe Lauzon, I fucking love watching that guy fight and he's the only fighter that's active on reddit. I would like to see him fight Cerrone or, even better, Anthony Pettis. Either one would be a step up and a tough fight for J-Lau. I know Cerrone is booked and neither fight is that likely, but I can dream.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If it was so easy to use the stuff during training and get your levels down so quickly (Nate was only a day out) I bet there's a tonne of fighters with "low testosterone" who just haven't fucked up yet.

May aswell let everyone cheat or figure out some random testing program.
    nick-diaz-weed.jpg

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Install nano detectors that relay hormone levels hourly.

Oh shit, career opportunity. Nobody patent this till I figure out how to make it.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's expensive, but they just need to test regularly instead of waiting until right before or after the fight. As far as I know, you can't cycle that quickly, so the UFC or the commission one need to start testing every week or so for the four months or so leading up to the fight. High levels during training are at least as big of a problem as during the week surrounding the fight.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    It's expensive, but they just need to test regularly instead of waiting until right before or after the fight. As far as I know, you can't cycle that quickly, so the UFC or the commission one need to start testing every week or so for the four months or so leading up to the fight. High levels during training are at least as big of a problem as during the week surrounding the fight.

They need to test randomly.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They tested him daily for weeks.

would suck if all had to do that.

cept diaz. that would be funny.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I thought Nate tested himself daily? Random is a much better idea for testing, but they need to actually test and not just around the fight date. I thought they had random testing already in some states but just whether they'll test before or after the fight pretty much. I don't know exactly how the commissions do their testing. For earlier testing during the training period, would it be the UFC's responsibility rather than the commission's?

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Guess it seems like Zuffa still has no interest in women's MMA. :(

Cyborg leaves Strikeforce.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    815165 wrote: »

So disappointed.

Does this mean the Coenen/Tate fight will be the last publicized women's MMA match?

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    815165 wrote: »

Well it's not like Zuffa kicked out all of the women. Maybe she was just asking for way too much? There are two sides to this.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Honestly? I think they just couldn't find anyone to fight her. :lol:

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's a shame we wont see her fight again.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Honestly? I think they just couldn't find any women to fight her. :lol:

Fixed ;-)

She looks like she could make 170, maybe Kos could fight her and then he won't be the only girl in the Cage.

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm all for letting women fight in the same weight classes as men.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They barely provided Cyborg with any work at all. No wonder she left. I hope she can make a career elsewhere because she is pretty awesome

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Honestly? I think they just couldn't find any women to fight her. :lol:

Fixed ;-)

She looks like she could make 170, maybe Kos could fight her and then he won't be the only girl in the Cage.

Haha. Fair enough.

Cyborg vs. Jon Fitch. I call a KO for Cyborg. :D

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well Fitch might take that fight, seeing as she was a belt holder and with him being such a prestigeous fighter he only fights people who have worn a belt remember...

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Why can't we just get Cyborg vs. Ortiz?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They already fought in training. Cyborg got caught in a submission but she looked pretty good considering she's half his size

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes I know.

That was the joke.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Neli wrote: »
    They already fought in training. Cyborg got caught in a submission but she looked pretty good considering she's half his size

Link? I'd be interested in seeing that.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg