As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

He Say You Brade Runner Sequel (and Ridley Scott Appreciation Station)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm pretty glad I didn't see Green Lantern or Transformers 3 or Pirates 4

Green Lantern was the worst of these, but TF3 and Pirates were mostly forgettable, nothing offensively bad

• Options
    Actually switch GL and TF there

• Options
    Actually I don't know

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Thor was my favorite film this year. It was everything I ever want from a film. I could watch it every night and be happy.

Hell, I could watch Tom Hiddleston speak every night and be happy.
    Zonugal I love Thor and gatdamn do you like it a lot more than me

It really came down between Captain American and Thor for me.

Cap was more respectful and in general a better, made film for me (the only Marvel film to almost make me cry).

But Thor was everything I love in a film. Hammy acting, large scale battles, Vikings beating robots, a rainbow machine that shoots people across the universe, ect...

It did not disappoint to any degree.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    xmen was supposed to be pretty good, right? its not just people wanking over the guy who plays magneto, right?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    X-Men is great but Fassbender pretty much steals the show

which is saying something since McAvoy and Bacon were at the top of their game as well

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    xmen was supposed to be pretty good, right? its not just people wanking over the guy who plays magneto, right?

It was legitimately good

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the only not good part of First Class was January Jones

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    january jones is awfulllll

I do not understand why she gets work

• Options
    Well, and the chick who played Angel

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Thor was my favorite film this year. It was everything I ever want from a film. I could watch it every night and be happy.

Hell, I could watch Tom Hiddleston speak every night and be happy.
    Zonugal I love Thor and gatdamn do you like it a lot more than me

It really came down between Captain American and Thor for me.

Cap was more respectful and in general a better, made film for me (the only Marvel film to almost make me cry).

But Thor was everything I love in a film. Hammy acting, large scale battles, Vikings beating robots, a rainbow machine that shoots people across the universe, ect...

It did not disappoint to any degree.
    I understand this.

One of my friends thought I said Cap was the best movie I'd ever seen, when I said it was one of my personal favorites.

He couldn't get that there is a difference between a well-made quality film and something that could also be well-made but specifically targets my taste.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i just cant get excited about super hero films since iron man 2

it doesnt help that i dont give a shit about any of the comic book characters that didnt have movies before this year

green lantern? haha, no thanks. thor? fuck thor. captain america was the only one that i was even a little interested in but not interested enough to see it.

i'm a hater.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wouldn't go that far.

Wasn't a bad movie, but I got it oversold fierce, and there's a lot of bad in with the good. Like Darwin's death, for a start.

• Options
    You seem like a fairly grumpy dude Clint

• Options
    You are indeed a hater, yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    He hates America.

• Options
    Darwin's death was disappointing because I like Darwin and the actor they got was great but I wouldn't say it would make it less of a movie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blank, when are we going to sit down & talk shop?

• Options
    Anytime.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Clint fell into a tank of Haterade when he was a kid
    now he doesn't even need to drink it to perform titanic feats of hating

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Tam wrote:

A+ reference. <3

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Anytime.

predator.jpg

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    You seem like a fairly grumpy dude Clint

i'm not most of the time. i swear!

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Anytime.

predator.jpg
    Just take me now you stallion

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    basically i got my spider man and batman movies, i don't care about other super heroes at all.

• Options
    then

don't go see them?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    i'm not!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Fyndir wrote:
    Tam wrote:

A+ reference. <3

I checked out all of them and most of Tin Tin from the Library when I was a kid
    and read the whole shebang in three days

the French/Belgians know how to make a comic

Tam on
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Anytime.

predator.jpg
    Just take me now you stallion

predator_1.jpg

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Clint quit being a hater

• Options
    i reserve the right to hate on the mass effect thread.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I'll go ahead and say that super 8 was my favorite theater going experience in a long time, and probably my favorite movie this summer

I really liked it a lot

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Well, and the chick who played Angel

Everything about Angel in First Class was terrible.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    everything about Angel period is terrible

Her and Beak are the worst X-Men ever

yes even worse than Stacy X

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bale I blazed through Bone in one day
    it is the best comic

• Options
    Tam wrote:
    bale I blazed through Bone in one day
    it is the best comic

a fundamental truth of the universe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Deckard is asked by Rachael if he has ever taken the Voight-Kampff test himself during her test. This one line in the film can change the entire way the story is experienced. One of the most artful things about the movie is how it works on different levels in different ways. Was Deckard just lucky to survive and even defeat killer androids or was he just a better model used by humans to hunt his own kind. Is the love story between a man and a replicant or between two replicants who are just discovering their true nature. The ambiguity lets this movie be different things for different people and it captures the mood of a Philip K Dick story better than any other film based on any of his works.

Anyone worried about the new movie should just put it out of their head and watch the original again or even better read some of the books that have Deckard as a character.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    Hey @Tam
    bartleby1.jpg
    bartleby2.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I actually thought he was a less advanced replicant
    So he would be easier to control

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    well that obviously didn't work out too well based on the ending