As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's it, nobody have sex anymore. Have fun finding the thread now! (okay games thread)

1585960616264»

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    GE4RS 4F W4R

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    gears of 4

the crossover with valve's left 4 dead franchise

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    So glad Gears is just like Halo and is going to end at 3 with no chance ever ever of a 4, nope.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    GEARS OF FOUR

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    FOURS OF WAR

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Forza War?

• Options
    FOURS OF WAR

nah brosef, that is what we call the middle act of Zeta Gundam

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    So glad Gears is just like Halo and is going to end at 3 with no chance ever ever of a 4, nope.

I wonder what kind of Halo game Ryan Payton wanted to make.

e: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/halo-4-narrative-designer-ryan-payton-departing-343-industries/3643/

context

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    An NCIS game would be better off as a visual novel or simulator like Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center. Seriously.

Hell, if I wanted to make a Scrubs game, I'd call up Atlus.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Viers of War

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    AN NCIS game would be better if it was a dating sim featuring that goth chick.

and you start fucking on the 3rd click.

dirty little slut.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    An NCIS game would be better off as a visual novel or simulator like Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center. Seriously.

and if you wanted to make a game that sold, you'd call up anybody else

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    keith Atlus games frequently do very well

Disgaea is a Greatest Hits, for fuck's sake

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    44444 44 444

sig.gif
  • Options
    Keith wrote:

That genre has been picking up steam in the west, man. Just look at the sales figures.

• Options
    Okay it's now the goal of my life to be in charge of a trilogy and by the third game I'll have the logo just be every single letter replaced by a 3.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Shorty wrote:

shut up

• Options
  • Options
    SimBen wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Capcom is looking to get in on the Western developer action, too. It actually seems like a decent number of Japanese devs want in on the West. The way some of them talk about it it makes it seem like it's Utopia to them.

Well, Inafune was sort of right. Really high-profile and super well-received Japanese games are a rarity these days. Last time it happened was Mario Galaxy 2, before that it was Mario Galaxy 1, and before that you kinda have to go back to RE4. Meanwhile, a dozen or so of equivalently well-received high-profile games come out of America every year.

EDIT: Okay also Bayonetta before I get lynched for forgetting but that's still not a lot.

That stuff is true. I was more talking about how games are developed and management. Although, I can't really say much on that, because I am not involved in the industry. I only know what I read.

Well I haven't been on the Japanese side of things, but I've certainly heard that their methodology is a lot stiffer and there's sort of a taboo against streamlining the development process over there. Games come out a lot faster at the same level of polish over here because, well, Unreal Engine is right there and it does most of the hard work for you. Japanese games tend to have their own engine built from the ground up every single time, then they don't license the engines, which means that games take much longer to make and have a lot more potential for flaws considering they're constantly reinventing the wheel, at the benefit of having games being somewhat more unique when they are successful. They still work that way because it worked back in the 8- and 16-bit days and that's when they conquered the industry, but it worked back then precisely because the game development process was much less complex back then and streamlining standards weren't exactly in place yet. But as the technology advanced, we in the west sort of decided we'd have this machine we can reuse over and over to make games at a really fast pace, which had two benefits: 1) games are made much faster, and 2) not having to worry about the logistics so much means more time and resources are spent on design, which means the level of polish started going up and up.

I think Japan might be starting to realize this, but so far they're reacting by trying to buy up American developers to publish their games. Eventually they'll probably get to a point where they make their games the same way we do and the market might equalize a bit at that point.

suddenly the claim that it would take them like seven years to do a graphical overhaul of FFVII comes into focus.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah, Atlus doesn't ever make CoD sales but they've been solid enough to continually localize multiple games for multiple platforms.

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

shut up

keith how good is action comics now

so good

or so good you want to put your dick in it

or so good you want it to put its dick in you

• Options
    Shorty wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

shut up

keith how good is action comics now

so good

or so good you want to put your dick in it

or so good you want it to put its dick in you

yes

• Options
    although it's not my favorite title of the new 52 so far

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    although it's not my favorite title of the new 52 so far

oh, you kittenish thing

do tell

• Options
    I'd say my favorite is between Batman, Batman & Robin, and Batwoman

I actually like Superman as a character more than Batman, but man those books are such high quality. I'm so glad JH Williams apparently has the writing talent to back up his fan-fucking-tastic artwork

• Options
    but there are a lot of really good books from this relaunch

Action Comics
    Animal Man
    Batman
    Batman & Robin
    Batwoman
    Demon Knights
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Men of War
    Nightwing
    Red Hood & The Outlaws
    Resurrection Man
    Superboy
    Supergirl
    Swamp Thing
    Wonder Woman

are all awesome

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

Too bad Catherine bombed. Oh wait, it did 200k.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Too bad Catherine bombed. Oh wait, it did 200k.
    Keith wrote:
    shut up

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Keith wrote:
    I'd say my favorite is between Batman, Batman & Robin, and Batwoman

I actually like Superman as a character more than Batman, but man those books are such high quality. I'm so glad JH Williams apparently has the writing talent to back up his fan-fucking-tastic artwork

oh dog on a hog Batwoman is fucking ace

I was concerned that without Johns (or was it Rucka?) they wouldn't really know what to do with the character

but it's looking like that isn't the case, which pleases me so

I seriously did not give a shit about Batwoman until that run on Detective (I bought it for the Question second feature and the wonderful art) but it made me care about her, so mission accomplished

I was going to get Animal Man too but the store was out

Shorty on
  • Options
    it was Rucka

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I saw a House DS game in Gametraders and I'm pretty sure there are downloadable episodes on some platform.

Also I remember there being a Desperate Housewives game at one point.

• Options
    Also Grey's Anatomy.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Interesting... very interesting.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Selling 200k is peanuts compared to something like Modern Warfare

200k works fine for the demographic Atlus is aiming for though

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I saw a House DS game in Gametraders and I'm pretty sure there are downloadable episodes on some platform.

Also I remember there being a Desperate Housewives game at one point.

Back when I worked at Gameloft, I tested a Desperate Housewives game on cell phones. It was a Mario Party clone.

Sadly, none of what I just said was a lie.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    guys, if you want to talk about a game, make a thread about it. Having every single game in the same thread is a horrible way to communicate.

This discussion has been closed.