As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    I'm 19

Who pulls your juice for you then?

LaOs on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    You know what's a shitty, stupid movie? Crash.

I need to stop watching things that won Oscars. They almost always suck.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

But ElJeffe everybody hurts.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Poldy is younger than me? o.o

Also: wee, vacation. :D:D:D:D

Aldo on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love having a diner right across the street.

I just ordered pancakes and a western omelette, and it will be at my door in ten minutes for like $8

balla!

Omelete du fromage?

moniker on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Crash had a good plot that was interesting, but it overdid the whole racism thing. Frankly, I'm glad it won the Oscar for Best Picture, because if it wasn't that, Brokeback Mountain would have won. And that was just a really bad movie with bad acting, and was bad regardless of the whole gay thing.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh fuck.

I am watching the greatest YouTube video I have seen in a long fucking time.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a feeling CT is going to ban me for pissing on his precious SE++ers.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    homopobe

moniker on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »

I just ordered pancakes and a western omelette, and it will be at my door in ten minutes for like $8

balla!

Omelete du fromage?

nah, I went with the typical Western Omelette

Although your french reminds me that I have to find a good restaurant for my sixth month anniversary...

That's gonna be expensive...

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    So Cheney invented his own personal "secret" classification in order to thwart probes and inquiries.

What a douchebag.

I'd love to make a thread on secret/ top secret etc. classification since it's been such a fucking pain in my ass for my entire adult life. Don't really have the time to do a good one today, since work is nuts and I have to be in a - you guessed it - classified compartment without internet access.

Maybe tonight.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    hello d&d

i think most of you are super keen

Knob on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So Cheney invented his own personal "secret" classification in order to thwart probes and inquiries.
    Did he simply call it "Double Secret"?

That's what I would have done.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Thanks Knob you're my favorite SE mod.

Well, Bogey's pretty good too. And Larlar I guess. And I mean Whippy and I guess Orik now as well.

So okay you're tied for my favorite SE mod.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    Did he simply call it "Double Secret"?

That's what I would have done.
    It's called something retarded like "Secret: CSI"

edit: and it's like literally just political stuff and inter-office strategies that Cheney wants to be able to personally control and has nothing at all to do with national security. Seriously what a fucker.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I liked crash.

I like watching how things can unfold into a giant web.

Eg.
    Training Day
    Changing lanes

That sorta thing

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    hello d&d

i think most of you are super keen

I love you by the way.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Knob is all right. I miss Fisticuffs from the old PA:AC days, but Knob seems cool enough now-a-days.

LaOs on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    You know Johannen has been making y'all look so bad in SE.

Tube on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

What a douchebag.

I'd love to make a thread on secret/ top secret etc. classification since it's been such a fucking pain in my ass for my entire adult life. Don't really have the time to do a good one today, since work is nuts and I have to be in a - you guessed it - classified compartment without internet access.

Maybe tonight.
    I will contribute often and frequently to that thread by begging you to tell me secrets. You need not remain the Worst Mod Ever forever, Will!

• Options
    edited June 2007

I love you too.

Come on, have you never wanted to argue for a point which you don't believe in just so you could see how it would be argued for and against? it's like when you hear the religious defend God when you can't understand how they can keep doing it over and over again.

Johannen on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007

balla!
    When are you going to give up smoking?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Thanks Knob you're my favorite SE mod.

Well, Bogey's pretty good too. And Larlar I guess. And I mean Whippy and I guess Orik now as well.

So okay you're tied for my favorite SE mod.
    Never could take a stand, could you, you spineless liberal you?

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

I love you too.

Come on, have you never wanted to argue for a point which you don't believe in just so you could see how it would be argued for and against? it's like when you hear the religious defend God when you can't understand how they can keep doing it over and over again.

You didn't argue for it though. You just stupided it up and then blamed your failings on SE posters picking on you for being from D&D. It was pathetic. No one even knew you were "from" D&D.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bunch of SE++'ers patting themselves on the back for how right they are when they can't even be bothered to click a few subforums over to see Joh talking about how he's just winding them up is hardly impressive.

• Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Bunch of SE++'ers patting themselves on the back for how right they are when they can't even be bothered to click a few subforums over to see Joh talking about how he's just winding them up is hardly impressive.

i doubt anyone, least of all se++ers, care at all

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jinnigan wrote: »

i doubt anyone, least of all se++ers, care at all

I...

No I don't. Never mind.

So, hows the weather?

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

But his winding up was stupid. And why should people be checking various subforums to see if so and so idiot is just being an idiot or pretending to be a different kind of idiot to the kind of idiot they actually are?

And if he's been sitting over here gloating about winding people up it becomes a much more serious offence.

Way to snitch celery.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It wasn't that they care it was that I was doing exactly what's happened a million times on this forum and the turnout is exactly the same. This forum is hardly new guy friendly or alternative view friendly.

I love you too.

You didn't argue for it though. You just stupided it up and then blamed your failings on SE posters picking on you for being from D&D. It was pathetic. No one even knew you were "from" D&D.

What's it got to do with me being from D&D other than this is what SE++ers say about D&Ders all the time even though it's just a friggin forum. Also, is the way I argued it really any less different than how the majority of arguements go down in these forums?

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

But his winding up was stupid. And why should people be checking various subforums to see if so and so idiot is just being an idiot or pretending to be a different kind of idiot to the kind of idiot they actually are?

And if he's been sitting over here gloating about winding people up it becomes a much more serious offence.

Way to snitch celery.

Wait so you're not allowed to take an alternative point of view if you don't believe the point of view you take?

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    What's it got to do with me being from D&D other than this is what SE++ers say about D&Ders all the time even though it's just a friggin forum. Also, is the way I argued it really any less different than how the majority of arguements go down in these forums?

SE isn't a fucking hive mind you idiot. And yes, the way you argued (repeatedly stating your position over and over again and refusing to take notice of the fact that it had been solidly disputed) is totally different to how it goes down these forums. If you'd done that here you'd have been torn apart.

In case anyone is wondering, the thread I just made is in parody of people attacking D&D rather than anything else.

Tube on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

Way to snitch celery.

Wait so you're not allowed to take an alternative point of view if you don't believe the point of view you take?

You can, just dont bring interforum dongfests into the equation.

At least thats what i think he's saying.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Joh: I think he's accusing you of a Sub-Forum Raid.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Worlds are colliding!

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

You're not allowed to be deliberately annoying in an attempt to attract flames and attention. This is the most basic rule of the forums.

Tube on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    I sense a disturbance in the force.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

SE isn't a fucking hive mind you idiot. And yes, the way you argued (repeatedly stating your position over and over again and refusing to take notice of the fact that it had been solidly disputed) is totally different to how it goes down these forums. If you'd done that here you'd have been torn apart.

In case anyone is wondering, the thread I just made is in parody of people attacking D&D rather than anything else.

I'll go in and apologise that I was very much in the wrong and being a dick if you want?
    By the way, did you even fucking notice how I was arguing? They completely made up my stance most of the time. It was at one point the most blatant use of what you call "strawmanning" i've ever seen.

Johannen on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like D&D because people are actually posting in the thread I made.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    In case anyone is wondering, anyone who sat in SE saying "HO HO I AM GOING TO GO AND WIND UP THOSE D&D CHAPS" and pulled this shit would be banned so hard their head would spin.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.