Options

[EVE] 2 New Titans Unveiled: One undersized and slightly bent

• Options
    CapnCapn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I finally gave in a joined Merchi. now while i auto-pilot to edge of empire, how safe is the few jumps to Hoshoun witch im guessing is our main base?

and OhGawd a former member of Xelas i must be a spy, since you guys frequent so many

Capn on
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Capn wrote: »
    I finally gave in a joined Merchi. now while i auto-pilot to edge of empire, how safe is the few jumps to Hoshoun witch im guessing is our main base?

and OhGawd a former member of Xelas i must be a spy, since you guys frequent so many

It's pretty safe.

Oh, Xelas. (heehee)

ze swift class on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    The influx of new players makes me think if we had a brand new thread every other week, we'd have more people than goonfleet.

Key word: Goons. Lowtax commands one of the largest internet armies. We will never beat them in terms of size.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Just don't autopilot those few jumps.

Raere on
    Raere.png
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The "BoB kicking Xelas out" was just a ploy to get ex-Xelas into Merchi

Zenitram on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Who're Xela?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    nvm

Capn on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just had a glimpse of my future: As soon as I get a new job that doesn't have me working graveyards for low pay I'll be reactivating my eve accounts (which are already joined up with MERCH) and will be loving it for at least a month or so before removing it again.

Man am I looking foreward to that one month though!

of course if I stop myself from dreaming of battlecruisers and just stick to being a tackling frigate I might last longer. I have a badass Gallante character already but I kinda wanna go back to caldari since I hate messing around with guns and missles are so much easier.

Plus Ferox's are so sexy lookin... NO! Must resist battlecruisers!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Casses JudgerCasses Judger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Buy Battlecruisers. All of them in the region. Go forth on a missile spewing rampage. Buy Drakes instead. Lose all of them in a day, and cry yourself to sleep, then repeat it all the next day.

Oh damn you battlecruisers, why must you tempt me so. >.<

Casses Judger on
  • Options
    blikbokblikbok Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gotta be honest, when it comes to hunting and not camping, battlecruisers are where it's at for me.

T2 weapons and modules don't take long to train because they are cruiser-sized, losses aren't too expensive.

Battlecruisers are a much better gap-filler between cruisers and battleships than destroyers are between frigates and cruisers. Why?

blikbok on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    blikbok wrote: »
    Gotta be honest, when it comes to hunting and not camping, battlecruisers are where it's at for me.

T2 weapons and modules don't take long to train because they are cruiser-sized, losses aren't too expensive.

Battlecruisers are a much better gap-filler between cruisers and battleships than destroyers are between frigates and cruisers. Why?

Because they couldn't have two useless ship classes?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Currently I've got my Caracal mission runner and about 37million ISK. How much do you think I should build up before joining WANG?

Do you guys do frigate OPS at all?

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    deadteardeadtear Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sonelan wrote: »

Stealthbombers prove otherwise :x

deadtear on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    widowson wrote: »
    Currently I've got my Caracal mission runner and about 37million ISK. How much do you think I should build up before joining WANG?

We take everyone man, just apply.

Chances are if you lose a frig someone will be willing to just give theirs to you for free.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    widowson wrote: »

Haha, yes we do.

For new gallente pilots I'm willing to give out free catalysts for whatever.

Some restrictions may apply. No purchase necessary. New pilots only. Only available to those living in the Scalding Pass region. Void where prohibited.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    deadtear wrote: »

At least they are trying to make stealthbombers better with those bombs. What have they done to help dessies?:lol:

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007

At least they are trying to make stealthbombers better with those bombs. What have they done to help dessies?:lol:

Allow them to decimate interceptors in hilarious fashion?

deadtear on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Hasn't that been a use for them since they first came out?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Everyone pretty much just laughs at them while they take out tacklers. the problem is that a cane can do same job without blowing up when someone sneezes.

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ronzo wrote: »

Everyone pretty much just laughs at them while they take out tacklers. the problem is that a cane can do same job without blowing up when someone sneezes.

By the time your hurricane locked an inty it's already dead if you have a good destroyer pilot :x

deadtear on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

The point is they haven't done anything to make dessies useful since they went into the game. At least with stealthbombers they are trying to improve em.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

The point is they haven't done anything to make dessies useful since they went into the game. At least with stealthbombers they are trying to improve em.

The only idea I could come up with would to let them fit oversized guns. As in, give them ability to mount the duals (like the dual 150's medium rails).

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

The only idea I could come up with would to let them fit oversized guns. As in, give them ability to mount the duals (like the dual 150's medium rails).

I dunno. Is it possible to fit cruiser sized guns on em?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Seriously, countdown till CCP say that the reason desyncs are such an issue is because Need For Speed was largely them removing full state dumps or error-checking routines between the client and server.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    AmnioticAmniotic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Silly, destroyers are useful because if you train the ever useful skills destroyer 5, propulsion jamming 5 (goddamn it), and graviton physics 1 (which of course requires science 5, vital on a pvp character), then you can fly interdictors, and die even more often than in a destroyer.

edit: :page10snypa:

edit2: I wholly endorse dictors. Most fun i've had in pvp. Just a bitch to deviate your skill plan for.

Amniotic on
    EvE Online - Kellen Pikara
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Amniotic wrote: »
    Silly, destroyers are useful because if you train the ever useful skills destroyer 5, propulsion jamming 5 (goddamn it), and graviton physics 1 (which of course requires science 5, vital on a pvp character), then you can fly interdictors, and die even more often than in a destroyer.

edit: :page10snypa:

edit2: I wholly endorse dictors. Most fun i've had in pvp. Just a bitch to deviate your skill plan for.

That doesn't make the ship useful just the skill.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RakkahRakkah Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hehe. So I applied to join WANG yesterday. Turns out I was in a corporation last time I played EVE that seems to have ill intentions towards the WANG. Further, I lurk too much here and as suck, I am obviously a faggot spy.

Turns out there is one way in which I can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am in fact of most honourable intentions, which is to write an essay on the topic of dickgirls.

The essay has since been sent. Let's see. :)

Rakkah on
    SC2 SEALanguid.619 USLanguid.362 | Steam
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, assuming I'm playing the game again, whats a good way for a starting pilot with an interest in blowing shit up [and an allergy to mining] to make mad ISK?

Running missions over and over again is getting kinda boring. Go kill these rats, go blow up these rats and their base, go kill these drones,etc.

In what way may I serve the MERCH and make money that doesn't make paint drying look exciting and sexy?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Join a different corp, get possession of their first POS, steal it and sell it, move on.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So in the two days I've been playing I've gone through 3 frigates. Incursers yay.

Rucio on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So, assuming I'm playing the game again, whats a good way for a starting pilot with an interest in blowing shit up [and an allergy to mining] to make mad ISK?

Running missions over and over again is getting kinda boring. Go kill these rats, go blow up these rats and their base, go kill these drones,etc.

In what way may I serve the MERCH and make money that doesn't make paint drying look exciting and sexy?

Sell game time codes for ISK ingame is a way to legally buy ISK, if you want.

Look for orders here:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=channel&channelID=544711

Watch this how-to here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IR8IYUVyA&NR=1

The guy honestly admits he's adverting for his own company, but I can't fault him for that.

I'm strongly considering it. EVE seems to be 2 games, 1 game is the awesome, high-action PvP and politics in 0.0 space, the other is grinding missions, low-yield mining, and trading tech in game.

If I run "Break their will" one more time, I'm gonna scream. Plus, I've got no interest in mining and the time I would spend trading to make ISK would be better spent on my *real* portfolio...

You need $$$ to get into 0.0, but the real money is in 0.0. I might pop a 30 day just for padding for all the frigs and caracals I expect to loose.

widowson on

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    blikbokblikbok Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You don't need money to get to 0.0, you need friends. 0.0 is about allies and teamwork.

If you run around and ask permission to clean up wrecks or tagalong with a ratter in a bigger ship, you will be swimming in free modules they don't waste time collecting.

That should get you past the 5m isk "wall" after which the lost of a frigate isn't devastating.

blikbok on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually, once you get settled in and learn the ropes, making money is pretty fucking easy. If I do a weeklong binge in Providence ratting Sansha BS's, I usually net in around 30-50 million all told. And that's just an hour a night. Now take into account the fact that for ratting, providence isn't all that great, think what you would be making if you could rat out in teneferis.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Actually, once you get settled in and learn the ropes, making money is pretty fucking easy.

I'll be honest, I'm not there yet. :P

I just remember making money in WoW being very easy. Just get 2 gathering professions and skin/mine as you quest.

Here, it's a bit more of a challenge and a lot more dangerous. Ratting in 0.4 below seems profitable but the issue is dealing with PC pirates.

widowson on

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's not so bad if you can sit in a nice isolated system somewhere with some friends and whatnot.

My fiance and I play and are in MRCHI though I haven't had much time recently due to work and whatnot. Chaining in a system near RYC will probably turn out to be wonderfully profitable if I can get the 4 hours free to make it a worthwhile chain : b

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Any ideas on getting a BS from Hoshuon to RYC?

Capn on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pray to whatever god you worship. Or get a scout.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ACSISACSIS Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Warpcore stabilizers, and enough power to activate them in a emergency situation.

ACSIS on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    ACSIS wrote: »

Warpcore stabilizers, and enough power to activate them in a emergency situation.

uh...WCS don't require activation

Monoxide on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ACSIS wrote: »

what

scrivenerjones on
This discussion has been closed.