As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Lokiale wrote:
    Also you completely underestimate my abilities to card swap discreetly.

8-)

Sounds like you should have been a member of the ninja delivery service

Build me a time machine and I am there to ninja some cards and deliveries and deeeaaaaaath

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    Lokiale wrote:
    Build me a time machine and I am there to ninja some cards and deliveries and deeeaaaaaath

We can build it. Just follow me to the van.

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Templates look good this year! (Of course I have to say this or I'm banned from Dominion in the future.)

I'll eventually need someone to fill the template out for me, but I need to take a picture of myself first.

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i am unclear about what the QR text is exactly. also, does this mean it's time for people to start choosing card numbers?

i would love to see more people using the #paxcards tag. i tried to use it a number of times at the last east with little result. basically whenever i found myself in one spot for a while (in a long line, hanging out in a freeplay area), i would tweet my location with #paxcards in case anyone was nearby and wanted to swap cards. hopefully this year it"ll get a little more use!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    hey dave! if it's time to choose numbers, I'd love 919 again, por favor... :)

template looks great! thanks for all your (and izzie's) work! can't wait to make my cards!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    tvethiopia wrote:
    i am unclear about what the QR text is exactly. also, does this mean it's time for people to start choosing card numbers?

i would love to see more people using the #paxcards tag. i tried to use it a number of times at the last east with little result. basically whenever i found myself in one spot for a while (in a long line, hanging out in a freeplay area), i would tweet my location with #paxcards in case anyone was nearby and wanted to swap cards. hopefully this year it"ll get a little more use!

I thought the intent was that the QR code would be a unique link to a website similar to buttoneering.org, but for our cards. If that's still the case, that's a piece of the puzzle that doesn't exist yet I think.

Edit: nevermind, I see Dave seems to have scratched that idea in favor of just a generic QR code of whatever we want.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Dave, if we are getting new numbers for this series (as opposed to re-using our past numbers) I would like numbers 42 and 752 (for me and my wife, respectively).

zerzhul on
  • Options
    IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    Dave. You need to brighten up that front image of yours, it's sooo darkkkk.

Glad to have these done & to be a part of the process. Thanks for all the suggestions from everybody!

Also, sign me up to help set up cards for people w/o photoshops.

http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
  • Options
    griffin.brucegriffin.bruce MichiganRegistered User regular
    Cant wait to get home from work so I can start making my card! Templates look great. Thanks for all the work! For card numbers, can I have 517?

PAX East 2012: [X] Badge // [X] Time-off // [X] Accomodations // [ ] Travel // [X] EXCITEMENT!!!
    Twitter: @griffin_bruce GT: Nephilim Army PSN: NephilimArmy 3DS: 3523-2206-5371
  • Options
    Magpie MaydinMagpie Maydin Magpie Maydin RuneterraRegistered User regular
    Dave can you update the 1st post with a list of forum people willing to help someone make cards so they know who to message?

Put my name at the top!

I also can do photo touch-ups for pictures people want to use! re-sizing, lighting, colors, red eye, yellow teeth, removing old boy friends, putting you in a top hat... ect!

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    I'm in again for helping. Looking forward to helping out as many people as possible!

signature.png
  • Options
    itzerokewl wrote:
    I'm in again for helping. Looking forward to helping out as many people as possible!

i will totally be employing your assistance again this year, just as soon i have a suitable picture! i am considering just using my xbox avatar picture again, but with a new updated avatar. a real picture would probably be better though.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    If we're getting new numbers, can I have 23?
    If not, I'll take the same as last year... I think it was 64?

Must... take... pictures...

A question for residents of the USA... would anyone be willing to let me ship my cards to them, in order to avoid the brokerage fees?
    Last year I remember them being a bit steep. If I can get the cards shipped domestically, I can meet the friendly recipient at PAX to pick them up. I'll even buy you cookies.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've gotta get a new pic taken. Is there any really photoshop savies that can take a photo of me and overlay it on a different background image? I want to take a pic of my Spartan cosplay and overlay it on a background that looks kinda like the planet Reach (where the Spartans trained). I wanna use this as my pic for the front of the card. The back will just be my forum avvie.

I've got a few images in mind.

Iconic Reach backdrop
    Insert me instead of Chief
    Put me in the foreground left
    Again, foreground left, or right
    I don't know how well these images will work, but I'm open to anything.

KellyShepard087 on
    - Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I haven't done the trading cards before, but it looks like a lot of fun. I may need help getting the card created, it all depends on how much I remember about Photoshop.

If there are requests for numbers, I would like to go down for 234, otherwise, next sequential.

A question for residents of the USA... would anyone be willing to let me ship my cards to them, in order to avoid the brokerage fees?
    Last year I remember them being a bit steep. If I can get the cards shipped domestically, I can meet the friendly recipient at PAX to pick them up. I'll even buy you cookies.
    You can send your cards to me. I plan to be in Boston early Wednesday. PM me for the address.

The_Doctor1 on
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    I forgot to ask, can I get card number 087? ;)

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    If all numbers are free and up for grabs, I'd go for #033. If that's already claimed/unavailable for some other reason, I'll take #708 (my number last year).

• Options
    zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dave is encouraging people to take the next available number again this year, but if you want a specific one, that's fine. You can use a different number from last year.

These were given out already, so they are not available: 1, 2, 4, 13, 32, 33, 37, 42

Accepted Numbers:
    browncoatbeth - 919
    zerzhul's wife - 752
    griffin.bruce - 517
    testsubject23 - 23
    TheDoctor_1 - 234
    KellyShepard087 - 87
    KoalaBro2 - 708

Need to Pick a New Number:
    zerzhul

zezspecs on
  • Options
    UWorldsUWorlds Registered User regular
    I'm definitely interested in participating in this. If I can, I'd like 6 to be my card number. If it is taken/reserved, then any number is fine.

• Options
    UWorlds wrote:
    I'm definitely interested in participating in this. If I can, I'd like 6 to be my card number. If it is taken/reserved, then any number is fine.

6 is yours.

• Options
    oooh can i have #8? that would make me very happy.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'll take 3 for myself, and 7 for my sister

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    May I have #206? Thanks for organizing this!

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    I'll take 66

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    itzerokewl wrote:

i will totally be employing your assistance again this year, just as soon i have a suitable picture! i am considering just using my xbox avatar picture again, but with a new updated avatar. a real picture would probably be better though.

More than happy to help again. Just send me a PM when you're ready and I'll get workin' on the card!

signature.png
  • Options
    Wheels35Wheels35 Registered User regular
    Im gonna go ahead and take number #35, that would be just awesome!

Badges: Check, Flight/Train: Still Planning, Place to Stay: Check
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I want to keep number 43 if possible.

As for badges, can we get a list of the current badges so we know what our choices are?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I want to keep number 43 if possible.

As for badges, can we get a list of the current badges so we know what our choices are?

Pretty sure they are under the instruction spoiler

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Dave, in your instructions you probably meant to name the project lastname pax cards 2012 eh?

• Options
    zezspecs
    KellyShepard087 - 87
    I,don't mean to be nit picky, but if there is a way for the numbeer to actually have the zero (087), that'd be really awesome.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    Accepted:
    tvethiopia - 8
    LTAcosta- 3
    LTAcosta's sister - 7
    JobiwanKenobi - 206
    zerzhul - 66
    Wheels35 - 35
    feitocomfruta - 43
    I,don't mean to be nit picky, but if there is a way for the numbeer to actually have the zero (087), that'd be really awesome.

If you take a look at Dave's example, his number shows up as #001, so yours will show up on the card as #087. I'm just throwing them in the thread without the extra zeros for ease of reading, and because I'm too lazy to type them all out that way.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I think I had #603 last year. I'd like to keep that one please.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote:
    I think I had #603 last year. I'd like to keep that one please.

You got it!

• Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    I would like #920.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    zezspecs wrote:
    Accepted:

If you take a look at Dave's example, his number shows up as #001, so yours will show up on the card as #087. I'm just throwing them in the thread without the extra zeros for ease of reading, and because I'm too lazy to type them all out that way.
    Right. Thanks! I'm rather attached to 087 because of my Halo gaming.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    I know zilch about M:tG so I'm gonna need a lot of help.
    here's my Card info for the template, plus my previous post asking for photshop picture help.
    Thanks!
    I've gotta get a new pic taken. Is there any really photoshop savies that can take a photo of me and overlay it on a different background image? I want to take a pic of my Spartan cosplay and overlay it on a background that looks kinda like the planet Reach (where the Spartans trained). I wanna use this as my pic for the front of the card. The back will just be my forum avvie.

I've got a few images in mind.

Iconic Reach backdrop
    Insert me instead of Chief
    Put me in the foreground left
    Again, foreground left, or right
    I don't know how well these images will work, but I'm open to anything.
    Forum Name (for front and back): KellyShepard087
    Badges: Girls Meetup, Pax Prime, Pre-Pax Dinner, Rookie, Twitter
    PAX Easts Visited: 0
    PAX Primes Visited (Including 2012): 2

Proximity to Boston: 1,102: 5
    First Mana Icon: Console
    Second Mana Icon: D20 (I used to play AD&D years ago)
    Card Type (if other than "Creature - Gamer"): Default (Creture-Gamer What other choices are there?)
    Abilities (Include cost if applicable): ?/?
    Flavor Text/Quote: ?/?
    QR Text (250 characters max): What should the text read?

628 x 849 300 DPI Image (for front): See above links
    293 x 320 300 DPI Image (for back): My forum avatar.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I thought Power and toughness are supposed to be pax primes 2011 included and pax easts 2012 included

Are the directions wrong or just your post or neither?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You talking to me? I'm all confused...

KellyShepard087 on

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Well, I just put together my card and I think I did a decent job. I wanted to get a few opinions from others, but if it is up to par, I would be willing to help out a few others with their cards. I already had a request from my wife, so I will be putting together her card soon.
    2uer1c3.jpg1fd3wg.jpg

If you want me to help with your card, please PM me and I will see what I can do.

The_Doctor1 on
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    that looks pretty cool. What determines the quote on the bottom in italics? How do you figure out what to put in the bulletins? Where does the QR go, and what determines it?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just so out of my element.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
This discussion has been closed.