Options

[Mass Effect] T-Minus 10 days and counting. Pre-release hype ignition confirmed.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I just made the unhappy realization that I'm not going to have the time to finish a full run through of BOTH Mass Effect 1 AND 2 before 3 is out.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

Dammit Bioware, why did you have to make the multiplayer so damned fun?!

You have 11 days.

Each one, full run, is about 50 hours. Let's be generous, say 55.

That's just 10 hours a day! You don't need to sleep, do you?

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    A full run? 50 hours?

Are you high?

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i beat mass effect 1 in two and a half days. I don't recommend it, but you can do it.

• Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Jack had her own ME3 page in the Art of Mass Effect Universe book so I'd think she was fairly prominent in it.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    you can do a complete run of ME2 in around thirty hours or so

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    A full run? 50 hours?

Are you high?

There's a lot of reloading to hear the Jellyfish line again, won't lie.

And more time spent listening to the Blasto trailer over and over again.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    My ME2 save, on hardcore, with literally EVERYTHING done.

Is not even 20 hours. (I think it's 19)

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    you can do a complete run of ME2 in around thirty hours or so

you can do a failshep run in maybe 6 on easy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    i just did a full run of me2 and my save file claims nearly 68 hours and i haven't done arrival yet. my me1 save is about 42 though.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »
    My ME2 save, on hardcore, with literally EVERYTHING done.

Is not even 20 hours. (I think it's 19)

Ok I just checked, it's 29 hours.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    uuggghhhhh a friend of mine just found out about the DLC squadmate and now she's certain that Bioware are greedy assholes who're charging extra for integral game content

goddammit

goddammit

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    A full run? 50 hours?

Are you high?

45-50 is about right when you're going for even the collection achievements.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    tayvaan wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    A thing about the missing squadmates from ME2.

Most of them were either directly employed by TIM, were mercenary and hired by TIM, or agreed to help you with that one mission in exchange for a boon.

There's no reason for a lot of them to be around in ME3.

Other than a desire to save the galaxy of course

Samara, fulfilled her duty to you and is more loyal to her race.

Jack, likely took an escape pod the moment you made course for Alliance space.

There's easy reasons for everyone.

Also, found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZCg-JB8kjA

Jack is actually
    A teacher at Grissom Academy, the place where biotic kids in the Alliance go

I just want more Legion.

All Legion, all the time.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I remember ME2 being really short but I think that's more because it's an extremely well-paced game without any fat on it

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    All right, me and Weaver need a couple people for a gold run. Who wants in?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I remember ME2 being really short but I think that's more because it's an extremely well-paced game without any fat on it

That's probably it.

That run I just did, did not at all feel like 30 hours.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    YaYa wrote: »
    uuggghhhhh a friend of mine just found out about the DLC squadmate and now she's certain that Bioware are greedy assholes who're charging extra for integral game content

goddammit

goddammit

It is a bit underhanded, let's be honest.

Making that particular character pay to play is a dick move.

Kasumi was a character who had no real relevance to the galaxy at large, so that wasn't a big deal. But that's not the case here.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Friday's story from the ANN is up.
    September 14, 2186

Cerberus expansion deemed “significant threat”

By Iris Dunnigan

CITADEL – A report by the salarian Special Tasks Group, warning of the increasing danger of human-supremacist group Cerberus, is garnering attention in the halls of the Citadel Tower. ANN has agreed not to publish the classified report’s contents, but experts within the STG, speaking on condition of anonymity, warn that what was once considered a small and extremely select group has grown drastically in size and power. “There has always been a segment of the human population that believes the Council government is lying to them,” said one agent. “Cerberus exploits that fear.” A confiscated recruitment video included in the report states the Cerberus mentality plainly: “Other species may talk with us, trade with us, even live with us, but when a crisis comes, we are on our own.”

Critics of the report are quick to point out its flaws. “This report covers ground that Spectre intelligence has already covered,” said one Tower insider. ”We know Cerberus has the ability to field many troops, build a stealth frigate, and conduct groundbreaking research. It’s been clear for months, even years, that Cerberus is growing in numbers, but when it comes to how Cerberus are able to do all this, STG only says, ‘we don’t know yet.’ It is past the point where that is acceptable.”
    Think the STG/Spectres got wind of what happened at Omega?

• Options
    fucking right there's a cerberus expansion

they've got fucking hundreds of giant robot suits

where was my atlas
    to hell with assembling a team
    hook the reaper IFF up to my giant fucking robot suit and shoot me through the omega 4 relay I will fucking murder everything on the other side and come back the hero

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Goatmon wrote: »

goddammit

goddammit

Kasumi was a character who had no real relevance to the galaxy at large, so that wasn't a big deal. But that's not the case here.

the dlc character doesn't sound overly important other then a desire to know more about that. not like they hold the key to defeating the repears or you have to buy them to unlock the ending.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    make your fucking dlc more lame bioware

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

goddammit

goddammit

as takyris has explained

the choices were not "have this character in the game, or have the character as day 1 DLC"

the choices were "have this character as day 1 DLC, or don't have this character at all"

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean it sucks DLCguy isn't free but he doesn't seem integral to the actual
    story

Other than, well, you know, where he's from

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I hope we get to see Ilos again

I really liked the design of that area

• Options
    ten dollars you get shepard as a squadmate.

• Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:

goddammit

goddammit

1) Please pick another follower that would be better suited as paid DLC. Can't pick James, even if you dislike him -- he's required to be the voice of the new guy so people new to the franchise can figure out what's going on. Ash/Kaidan? Tali? Which option would result in people going, "Oh, yeah, that's reasonable." I guess I can think of one other option:
    EDI. But her new body, while not critical, is integrated into the game enough that it would feel odd to lose it. And also I suspect people would be just as angry that EDI only gets a body if you pay.

2) We kinda figured that since you were gonna have to pay, we'd try to make it something that you felt was cool -- not another human. But it's almost like us trying to make it cool has resulted in people being more angry with us, along with releasing it on day one. "BioWare, if this character had been later and less interesting, I would have had no problem paying for it!"

• Options
    Takyris you should have a npc in future DLC whining about day-one updates for his omni-tool

• Options
    best companion DLC would be
    shepard VI in a mini tank (a scaled-down mako)
    all art assets reused from other sources, all voice clips taken from shepard's dialogue and run through a little static filter
    I would pay up to thirty dollars for such a DLC

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I would pay for Shepard clone DLC where I can romance myself

Cause be honest, there's nobody as awesome as Shepard

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    best companion DLC would be
    shepard VI in a mini tank (a scaled-down mako)
    all art assets reused from other sources, all voice clips taken from shepard's dialogue and run through a little static filter
    I would pay up to thirty dollars for such a DLC

forget the dog

this is what I want on the ship

• Options
    on the plus side, a lot of people want it. they're just being babies that it isn't free.

If it was a money grab the dlc would be pay to import your hawke from DA2 as squadmate.

The second i finished typing this i thought "Fuck i would actually pay for this. fuck.fuck.fuck."

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:

I would dump tali for Femshep, yes.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    yeah

yeah

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    There's this nice picture floating around at the moment
    m77S3.png
    spoilered for large

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I'd pay $10 for an all-Legion squad.

Or Legion has become permanently dismembered, so you have to carry him on your back like C3PO from Empire Strikes Back/Banjo Kazooie style.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote:

I would dump tali for Femshep, yes.

"Shepard."

"Shepard."

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    bioware should make a smash bros style game with all of their characters and games

• Options
    OH my god I would want that.

My hawke was a just about perfect face

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    on the plus side, a lot of people want it. they're just being babies that it isn't free.

If it was a money grab the dlc would be pay to import your hawke from DA2 as squadmate.

The second i finished typing this i thought "Fuck i would actually pay for this. fuck.fuck.fuck."

I would absolutely import my Iris Hawke.

Because she is the best.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I didn't play DA2 for long but my Hawke looked exactly like Ryan Reynolds

This discussion has been closed.