Options

[Mass Effect] T-Minus 10 days and counting. Pre-release hype ignition confirmed.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I want a tactical combat game on the citadel where you play as c-sec

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    a survival horror game where you're just some anonymous merc trying to make it by on Omega and Shepard's on a mission.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Gonna take a page from the MIAA/RIAA playbook, and say that anyone seriously bitching about day one DLC is not planning on buying the game and doesn't want to wait two more days to not buy the DLC.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    isaac would definitely be an adept

i mean he literally has STASIS in the dead space games

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    mako kart: wii

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Well, my hope is, leap forward a quarter century or so, so that most fo the endings of me3 all kinda repair to a standard point, and then it goes more like a typical bioware game you're a spectre, selectable race, maybe speaking character, keep going with the cover shoot style of play, brand new high scifi adventures to be had!

What is actually going to happen probably isn't this.

• Options
    mako kart: wii

Noooooo

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    LA Noire except you're a turian cop working for C-Sec

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    it's actually kind of a tricky question how they'd start up a new thing in the mass effect franchise

'cuz like
    this story is a Big Deal
    and I doubt they'd want to burden a new branch of the franchise with importing a save from the last game of the old branch

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Reaper sim game

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    1gePW.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    yeah after ME3 the story of shepard and the reapers needs to be done

of course then you can't just trot out another universe ending threat without it feeling cheap

so the tone of the series would probably need to change from HUGE ACTION MOVIE to something smaller in ME4

but that's not a bad thing

• Options
    nar Kolepsi, huh

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ME4

You're a Turian cop helping to restore order on a decimated Earth, only you've been freshly reassigned from a lifetime in the service of the Citadel fleet and have no idea of what human culture is like.

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    nar Kolepsi, huh

gotta make money on pilgrimage somehow.

• Options
    Facebook game

it's like Farmville except you're harvesting civilizations

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They could go in any range of directions from this. They built a world with so much conflict in it, it wouldn't really be difficult to just focus on another period of time.

Plus, the galaxy is fickle as hell. Once the reapers are beat, everyone is going to go back to hating each other before long.

• Options
    well whatever it is, I'm assuming multiplayer would be a big part of it

• Options
    Mass Effect: Wrex Wranglin'

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    ME4

You're a Turian cop helping to restore order on a decimated Earth, only you've been freshly reassigned from a lifetime in the service of the Citadel fleet and have no idea of what human culture is like.

it quickly turns into a very gritty detective story because humanity is nothin' but rapes and murders

• Options
    i would play the hell out of a C-Sec cop game.

Also i'm thinking 4 would probably have a much smaller scope, kinda like DA2 before act 3.

• Options
    racing game with Makos and Hammerheads and Shuttles and Taxis

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Story about the new up-and-coming boss on Omega, and their overthrow of Aria.

• Options
    The Sims: Mass Effect

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    First Contact Wars game.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    recently finished reading the great KOTOR II LP on the LP archive

imagining new mass effect game after ME3 is written partially by obsidian, the protagonist is a character that was tangentially involved in the reaper war, and the game treats shepard the same way KOTOR II treated revan

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »
    Story about the new up-and-coming boss on Omega, and their overthrow of Aria.

why would you suggest an entire game taking place on that shithole

• Options
    Dating Sim

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    First Contact Wars game.

Clearly with a CoD style switch of perspective, where you play as TIM and Saren

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    ME4

Opening cutscene is the SR-2 floating overhead with several other cruisers, the remnant of the EA fleet, in a victory parade. A Human-supremacist runs out with a nuke, and Shepard headshots him from the ship, then closes the hatch. Your Turian char is all, "If only they could pick up after themselves." as you go to disarm the bomb, and that's when the tutorial level kicks in.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Text-Based adventure game with DLC graphics

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    i originally though that the Mass effect multiplayer would be based on the merc groups. Eclipse vs Blue Suns with like, a set objectives and you have to finish your's before they do. or like you're out the kill the same target and you have to keep battling while still making sure you can finish the job.

In short, horde mode probably is for the best.

• Options
    Mass Effect: The Volus Protocol

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    First Contact Wars game.

Clearly with a CoD style switch of perspective, where you play as TIM and Saren

Well shit, now I want this.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    a survival horror game where you're just some anonymous merc trying to make it by on Omega and Shepard's on a mission.

If you were anyone else, you'd suggest Garrus in town at the same time.

There's an option to hire Zaeed that results in an instant game over.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    LA Noire except you're a turian cop working for C-Sec

My face lit up with the biggest smile as soon as I heard that suggestion on our podcast.

Because it would be the best thing.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    recently finished reading the great KOTOR II LP on the LP archive

imagining new mass effect game after ME3 is written partially by obsidian, the protagonist is a character that was tangentially involved in the reaper war, and the game treats shepard the same way KOTOR II treated revan

i'd prefer the new mass effect game not be buggy as shit and up its own ass, thanks

• Options
    The Old Papers VI: Citadel

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind actually being a spectre for a while

• Options
    actually going back to dead space

when the fuck is dead space 3 gonna be coming out

This discussion has been closed.