Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Although terribly classy I thought we were refraining from posting serials in the chats so we don't attract the wrong crowd :/

Kinda noticed a few people with 1 comment, and very few months in service grabbing things as of late. Though it's not up to me to say who can give what to whom, I am just pointing out that it seems quite a few people are grabbing up the 'free keys' that haven't really been a 'part' of the community.

For that to be a real concern would require a pretty intense and constant monitoring of the thread to grab a key that quickly.

I mean, I suppose you could set it up so you receive every reply to the thread via e-mail and then have a filter that alerts you if it contains a key or a steamgifts.com link.

Maybe.

Check out Blubberguts' first forum post, above.

Not a stellar first impression, but at least he was polite.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    R0land1188 is a classy gent that past along his extra Hard Reset key, but he didn't have a PS3. So time to pay it forward.

7JT6-96NE-DBB2 Month of PS+ for the PS3, after you use the key just post and let me know.

Warning though, it is auto re-billing to 3 months after the month is up. So make sure to cancel JUST before the month is up, or if you just want to activate it to buy some awesome stuff on super PS+ sale, then do that and then deactivate it after you are done.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    My backlog is extensive, but I should probably pick up Hard Reset now while it's an Indie probably.

A lot of people got really excited for it during the Christmas Sale.

Since I won't be getting around to it for quite a while, is it still worth it to pick up now or do we think it will be cheaper later on down the road?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    There's supposedly an expanded version in the works, but $5 or whatever it's at now is a steal

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    When you say to yourself "ooh, everyone's getting hard reset, I should get it too" but then check your library and say "oh, I already have it. Huh.", that means you're already on the right path to serving the Newell, right?

Or does it mean senility is starting to kick in? Ah, whatever, get off my damn lawn you kids!!

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    I looked at it and it didn't seem like my cup of tea. I am going to go home and enjoy DLC Quest though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    When you say to yourself "ooh, everyone's getting hard reset, I should get it too" but then check your library and say "oh, I already have it. Huh.", that means you're already on the right path to serving the Newell, right?
    QobqL.jpg

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    QobqL.jpg
    :D

Yes, what about the second Steam account? You can't have too many game banks. In these hard economic times, it pays to have multiple investments.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Adellios wrote: »
    Thanks again @Chocobolicious for BoD/CStW pack. Unfortunately I do not have a classy Cthulhu gif for these kind of events.
    67da60c7-cd47-44e1-a3a0-5ff1507bdf8e.jpg

The idea that that's an ugly tattoo is ridiculous.

Also, is it just me, or is Wizorb balls hard? I'm not bad at Breakout, not great, but I have reasonable scores in Shatter, and it took me 5 attempts (each attempt with three continues) to beat the first stage.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Thanks again @Chocobolicious for BoD/CStW pack. Unfortunately I do not have a classy Cthulhu gif for these kind of events.

Also, is it just me, or is Wizorb balls hard? I'm not bad at Breakout, not great, but I have reasonable scores in Shatter, and it took me 5 attempts (each attempt with three continues) to beat the first stage.

I finished world one on my first try, but just barely. It does seem a lot more difficult than most brick breakers.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    QobqL.jpg

I don't think he knows about second Steam accounts, Pip.

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I sure wish Anno 2070 wasn't 30$. That's sitting right outside my impulse range. I've wanted an Anno game since they took the old one off Steam before could snag it.

Choices.
    Well if it's any consolation Ubisfot DRM for Anno 2070is ridiculous

You get 3 installs and changing your gfx card counts as one

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I thought I had Hard Reset, but after checking my library I do not. I don't remember adding it to my wishlist, either but sure enough it's there. How the hell did I learn about this game? Why am I so old and forgetful?

Was there ever a free weekend at some point and time for it?

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote: »

I'm glad it's not just me, Wizorb was kicking my arse last night!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I think I'm bad at this Steam thing, I can't find the bundle that has Hard Reset in it. Where do I go for this?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I think I'm bad at this Steam thing, I can't find the bundle that has Hard Reset in it. Where do I go for this?

http://www.indieroyale.com/
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I thought I had Hard Reset, but after checking my library I do not. I don't remember adding it to my wishlist, either but sure enough it's there. How the hell did I learn about this game? Why am I so old and forgetful?

Not likely, since it has no multiplayer.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

During the christmas sale there was a bit of a buzz about it. I think ruiner brought it up a few weeks ago again too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular

if you are like me, you heard some of the buzz about it back when steam was doing their xmas wishlist give away, and added it to yourwishlist to get it up to 10 items.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If you like balls out action oriented first person shooters and you don't have Hard Reset you should just kill yourself.

Or go buy the Royale Bundle.

Your choice.

Drake on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

if you are like me, you heard some of the buzz about it back when steam was doing their xmas wishlist give away, and added it to yourwishlist to get it up to 10 items.

Also, it had a Winter achievement for that promotion/sale-thing too, so if you followed that at all you probably saw it pop up on the daily lists.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    If you are looking to get into Dungeon Defenders (due to the free weekend and the sale), while 50% isn't the best price ever, the price is still pretty decent. If the game hooks into you after the free weekend, 7.50 is a good price for the game, and gives you a lot of content. The only DLCs that are worth purchasing are the character DLCs (the Barbarian Hero DLC and New Heroes DLC) and pre-ordering the Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC, but with the following recommendations:
    * The Barbarian Hero is neat, and adds a Hero/DPS-based character that has NO towers. You would not be able to solo with him, but he's fun to play in a group. Get this pack if you find that you prefer melee over building towers when playing with friends.
    * The New Heroes DLC adds a gender swap to each of the heroes. By default you have a Male Squire, Female Huntress, Male Apprentice, and Male Monk. The New Heroes DLC adds a Female Countess (Squire), Male Ranger (Huntress), Female Adept (Apprentice), and Female Initiate (Monk). The gender swaps have slightly different abilities, but with the exception of the Countess (who is widely considered one of the best Assault map characters), these changes are not significant in terms of gameplay. Get this pack if you want a character that is the opposite gender of your favorite class.
    * The Lost Eternia Shards DLC - If you get this, you should preorder all 4 DLC, as it unlocks the highest difficulty for all maps. It also adds exclusive (as in, non-shareable... you can't leech off of someone who bought it) Campaign and Challenge maps (1 campaign and 2-3 challenge maps per chapter). I think it also gives you access to the Assault Pack DLC for free. Only the first 2 chapters are out right now. I wouldn't pick this up unless you are ready for Nightmare mode or you've exhausted the content available in the main game. It is not on sale, and not likely to ever go on sale until all 4 parts are released. But it's the best DLC pack available right now.

The Assault Pack DLC is included in the Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC, but it's not free. Worth getting standalone for a low level player?

Frem on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

The Assault Pack DLC is included in the Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC, but it's not free. Worth getting?
    It's not bad. You can get sparkly unicorn pets from it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The Assault Pack DLC is included in the Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC, but it's not free. Worth getting standalone for a low level player?
    It's not free, but I believe it is included free with the Lost Eternia Shards preorder (as an added value to the pre-order, since it is obviously not a new campaign mission part of the Lost Eternia Shards story). It was for me, at any rate.

The gear has a minimum req of level 60 for the Easy difficulty Assaults. There are three missions, and they give a Spider gun (a gun that shoots spiders, yes) for the Huntress/Ranger, a staff that shoots leaves and magic bolts as projectiles for the Apprentice/Adept, and a reverse grip Japanese sword (you can argue nomenclature, but it looks like a typical katana) for the Squire/Countess/Barbarian. For completing all three at the same difficulty, you get a Rainbow Unicorn pet. You need a character specifically geared to complete Assaults to do them. I wouldn't recommend this as a purchase for a new player, but it's a decent DLC that gives good gear that is easy to farm.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

Was Hard Reset ever featured in a magazine before it came out or something? Because the UI looks so familiar.

By the way, it's an awesome game, especially if you like old school shooters with secrets. It's worth it alone for the price of the bundle.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I paid full price for Hard Reset at release and feel like I got every pennies worth. The game gets great support and the Expanded Version's extra content and engine upgrades that are coming soon will be available to previous owners as an expansion. No word what the price is going to be on it, but seeing as they only charged thirty bucks for the game at release I don't see the expansion being expensive at all.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    It's not free, but I believe it is included free with the Lost Eternia Shards preorder (as an added value to the pre-order, since it is obviously not a new campaign mission part of the Lost Eternia Shards story). It was for me, at any rate.

The gear has a minimum req of level 60 for the Easy difficulty Assaults. There are three missions, and they give a Spider gun (a gun that shoots spiders, yes) for the Huntress/Ranger, a staff that shoots leaves and magic bolts as projectiles for the Apprentice/Adept, and a reverse grip Japanese sword (you can argue nomenclature, but it looks like a typical katana) for the Squire/Countess/Barbarian. For completing all three at the same difficulty, you get a Rainbow Unicorn pet. You need a character specifically geared to complete Assaults to do them. I wouldn't recommend this as a purchase for a new player, but it's a decent DLC that gives good gear that is easy to farm.

You also gain 9 million mana along with the unicorn if you complete it (on insane at least, I don't know about other difficulties). You have to return to your own tavern to get the unicorn and mana if you aren't hosting the game yourself, and it's kind of a pain in the ass if you're running the three missions over and over to farm the mana but it's still really easy farming.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    R0land1188 is a classy gent that past along his extra Hard Reset key, but he didn't have a PS3. So time to pay it forward.

7JT6-96NE-DBB2 Month of PS+ for the PS3, after you use the key just post and let me know.

Warning though, it is auto re-billing to 3 months after the month is up. So make sure to cancel JUST before the month is up, or if you just want to activate it to buy some awesome stuff on super PS+ sale, then do that and then deactivate it after you are done.

Nobody has claimed this yet.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    It appears that a certain Let's Play of a game that is not Hitman: Blood Money may be on the way soon, if questions over in the H/A forum are to be believed..

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Wizorb!

signature.png

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    What's that you say? You want a soft reset? Sorry, we're all out.

64X6J-8PG3J-MIGZC

We're apparently out of Hard Resets, too. Have fun!

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Wizorb is pretty awesome. Is this based on an old game(besides arkanoid)? Because I cannot fathom the amount of money that would of been made releasing this for the NES. I always thought I was really good at breakout, but this game is telling me different. Took me several continues to get the first world down, and while the second world has been a lot easier ,the levels are alot more frustrating.

Also occasionally balls will go right through a diagonal pattern of blocks that it shouldnt. Only had that happen once with me though.
    .X
    X.
    (X's are blocks, the ball moves through the open '.' spaces when theres no space for it to do so)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Also occasionally balls will go right through a diagonal pattern of blocks that it shouldnt. Only had that happen once with me though.
    .X
    X.
    (X's are blocks, the ball moves through the open '.' spaces when theres no space for it to do so)

That sounds like really lazy collision programming

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Wizorb is pretty awesome. Is this based on an old game(besides arkanoid)? Because I cannot fathom the amount of money that would of been made releasing this for the NES. I always thought I was really good at breakout, but this game is telling me different. Took me several continues to get the first world down, and while the second world has been a lot easier ,the levels are alot more frustrating.

No, this is an original game with somewhat unique power up mechanics. If you're interested in Brickbreakers, Shatter is a really good one that you can grab cheap during a steam sale. My personal favorite is Ricochet Extreme for the PC. Also worth mentioning is Alpha Bounce.

Wizorb gives you access to two types of powers permanently. A fireball which functions like a laser and wind which shifts the direction of the ball. If you use the power as it hits your paddle, you get a railball that passes through any bricks or a ball you can move while it travels. Also there appears to be some critical hit effect, but I havent seen it enough to judge its effects.

Shatter gives you push/pull mechanics. One way moves the ball away from your paddle or sucks it towards it.

Ricochet Extreme has a billion powerups/levels/brickshapes. Really awesome, but maybe a little dated compared to the others mentioned here.

Alpha Bounce is like a real RPG+Brickbreaker. You can equip your paddle with different stuff to alter its properties and all kinds of fun stuff. I have it for DSi, but you can play for free online but its limited per day.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Unstoppable Gorg is a pretty decent game for 5 bucks. Not going to change anyone's mind on Tower Defense really though. Main unique mechanic is the gravity shifting. You have nodes on each ring of gravity around a planet to place stuff and can shift the ring of gravity around to counter the alien invaders switching up their invasion lines. So it relies a bit more on careful planning to make sure your gravity rings are well balanced (for instance, if you built a gun on the north and south ends, if they invaded from the east, you'd only be able to shift so one was in range). Some of the later levels can annoyingly fall into more trial and error affairs though. It also includes a simple meta campaign where you place research towers in levels and if they do enough research before the end of the level you'll earn an upgrade token that you can apply in future levels.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Shatter is awesome. And Wizorb is becoming a favorite of mine quickly too. But anything with NES graphics and music I love.

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to level up and maybe select different spells to use.

anoffday on
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    signature.png

signature.png

By the way, @danweino and @midshipman still owe me feedback on steamgifts; I can only give away 21 games at a time and my goal is 40. Help me out, here!

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

No, this is an original game with somewhat unique power up mechanics. If you're interested in Brickbreakers, Shatter is a really good one that you can grab cheap during a steam sale. My personal favorite is Ricochet Extreme for the PC. Also worth mentioning is Alpha Bounce.

The name certainly looks like a nod to Wizball and it's sequel Wizkid (which apparently had very little in common with Wizball), but the gameplay is completely different.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    What's that you say? You want a soft reset? Sorry, we're all out.

64X6J-8PG3J-MIGZC

Code has been used, but not by me.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    New Tex Murphy game incoming? http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3695

Maybe a kickstarter? Mar 20 for info.

Corpekata on
This discussion has been closed.