Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Bah, SteamGifts doesn't see any of my groups. Figures..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    What's that you say? You want a soft reset? Sorry, we're all out.

64X6J-8PG3J-MIGZC

Code has been used, but not by me.

Looks like the days of dropping each other codes in the Steam thread are coming to a close.

Unless you just don't care who gets it.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Drake wrote: »

64X6J-8PG3J-MIGZC

Looks like the days of dropping each other codes in the Steam thread are coming to a close.

I officially decree it PLAYED OUT. Let's give it a few months for the leeches to drop off.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

64X6J-8PG3J-MIGZC

I officially decree it PLAYED OUT. Let's give it a few months for the leeches to drop off.

Just bring back the good old Contests. Though I don't join in many anymore due to my GameBank(™), I love reading results and trying to figure out some of them.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

64X6J-8PG3J-MIGZC

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, but these games need to go to classy homes.

Like this one!

signature.png

Steam: offday
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I must have missed the great code migration. that sounds like a nice time of peace that was had by all around here

• Options
    I must have missed the great code migration. that sounds like a nice time of peace that was had by all around here

Yeah, you were too busy not having a computer. Welcome back to the land of the living.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Yeah, you were too busy not having a computer. Welcome back to the land of the living.

It started when handgimp literally typed a MASS EFFECT 3 code for the entire world to see.

Those were good times.

anoffday on
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »

It started when handgimp literally typed a MASS EFFECT 3 code for the entire world to see.

Those were good times.

March 9th, seems like an age ago.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Those were good times.

March 9th, seems like an age ago.

One week ago, when we were all still so innocent.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    @Handgimp, have you given multiplayer in Football Manager a try yet? I'm wanting to check it out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of playing Bastion again. After I beat it.

Yes, I should want to play it over and over, but it's such an unforgettable experience. Like seeing a concert or something. What's the best way to go about playing Bastion a second time? I see New Game Plus as well as a Score Attack mode.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    haha that was a dark time for me.

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I went through New Game plus (took less than two hours) with weapons I didn't really use my first play through and chose the other option.

Though I still consider my frist decision as the best one.

Also played through DLC quest, it was fun, short, and entertaining.

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    I went through New Game plus (took less than two hours) with weapons I didn't really use my first play through and chose the other option.

Though I still consider my frist decision as the best one.

Also played through DLC quest, it was fun, short, and entertaining.

Ah, shit I never played the DLC. How do I find that?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Wait, Bastion has DLC?!

How did I not know this?

I'm currently doing a New Game+ with all the idols activated. Fun times!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The DLC is for Bastion is free on PC and is another one of the wave based story modes called Stranger's Dream and gives you a background on the Stranger.

DLC Quest is an indie game bundled in the Indie Royale bundle is a platformer parody of the DLC system as a whole.

Sorry for the confusion.

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hrrrrrrrrrrrm. Arkham City is half off....on Origin. that's tempting. Someone tell me something awesome to play on Steam instead. Or I'll just suck it up and Origin away. I doubt the CD key transfers, right? Maybe? Please?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Thank you Mr. @Handgimp for Hard Reset. I will kill a robot and carve your name into its butt for all to see.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The Arkham City key won't transfer. The only keys you could get for Arkham City that transferred were ones allocated as bonuses with new video cards, I think (some of which turned up on those scaaaaary Russian sites).

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sorry, guys, I did copypaste the code but I clicked out of it before clcking next to finish it because I decided to leave it for someone else but now Dungeon Defenders is in my library and I just noticed. I am totally sorry about this.

EDIT: Was it Dungeon Defenders? I just changed how I view my games and it says only 2 days left on it. If it was me, then sorry, if it wasn't, then good, I should know by now I don't need more games.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hrrrrrrrrrrrm. Arkham City is half off....on Origin. that's tempting. Someone tell me something awesome to play on Steam instead. Or I'll just suck it up and Origin away. I doubt the CD key transfers, right? Maybe? Please?

i have done some research on this and you can activate some steam keys on origin, but you cannot activate origin keys on steam

edited: added bold word as it is important

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    The CD key won't transfer. The only keys you could get for Arkham City that transferred were ones allocated as bonuses with new video cards, I think (some of which turned up on those scaaaaary Russian sites).

:(

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Don't do it. You'll regret it. Trust me. If you buy it today on Origin, it'll show up on steam tomorrow for 5 bucks.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    R0land1188 is a classy gent that past along his extra Hard Reset key, but he didn't have a PS3. So time to pay it forward.

7JT6-96NE-DBB2 Month of PS+ for the PS3, after you use the key just post and let me know.

Warning though, it is auto re-billing to 3 months after the month is up. So make sure to cancel JUST before the month is up, or if you just want to activate it to buy some awesome stuff on super PS+ sale, then do that and then deactivate it after you are done.

Nobody has claimed this yet.

I just nabbed it. I figured I gave ample time to anyone who wanted it!

Thank you, I'll put it to good use! Bring on the discounts...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    So this is cool. If you owned Majesty Gold already on Steam, they gave you Majesty Gold HD that just released for free.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    You can do it, slow internet. I believe in you!
    ziHcl4ic

After six hours, finally at the 52% mark.

• Options
    Frem wrote: »
    You can do it, slow internet. I believe in you!
    ziHcl4ic

After six hours, finally at the 52% mark.

Just wait for the updates... If you have work tomorrow, just go to sleep now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    "Handgimp wrote: »
    By the way, @danweino and @midshipman still owe me feedback on steamgifts; I can only give away 21 games at a time and my goal is 40. Help me out, here!

I checked received. Anywhere else on steamgifts that I can give you kudos for your gifting?

midshipman.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Alright kiddos, its contest time!

Being that I am officially getting older and more cantankerous today, I think its time to punch a few holes in my manly card.

So, pm me the manliest thing you can think of (yes i've done this contest before.). Whatever you can think of, be it picture, video, sound or text.

Prize will be... Something, because I never chose ahead of time and would rather net as many participants as possible. I'll just tailor the reward to the winner. I don't think I've given out a shitty prize yet, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The King's Crusade is 5.00 USD over at Gamersgate. The DLC is also 75 percent off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TKC/the-kings-crusade?caff=3884871

Game is Steamworks so redeems on Steam.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Midshipman wrote: »
    "Handgimp wrote: »
    By the way, @danweino and @midshipman still owe me feedback on steamgifts; I can only give away 21 games at a time and my goal is 40. Help me out, here!

I checked received. Anywhere else on steamgifts that I can give you kudos for your gifting?

I'd like to know this too.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    The only thing you need to do on Sgifts is check received. There's no additional feedback system.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I turned on that....View Plays On The Floor mode in NBA2k12. Now I love it.

Finished the rookie showcase with a B+ Rating without changing the difficult when before the best I could manage was a D. I also swapped positions from PG to SF. I set my player as Defensive. SHould I pump points into O to level out, spread it around, or just become D-Jesus?

One issue I'm having- When I get put into a play where I am supposed to screen, I can never get it to recognize my screen. Like how you have to get in that circle before the NPCs will start the play? I can never get the NPC to acknowledge my screen even though I stand on the location and B.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    The King's Crusade is 5.00 USD over at Gamersgate. The DLC is also 75 percent off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TKC/the-kings-crusade?caff=3884871

Game is Steamworks so redeems on Steam.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I've been enjoying some Paradox Strategerization lately. May as well throw this on the pile too.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    So I turned on that....View Plays On The Floor mode in NBA2k12. Now I love it.

Finished the rookie showcase with a B+ Rating without changing the difficult when before the best I could manage was a D. I also swapped positions from PG to SF. I set my player as Defensive. SHould I pump points into O to level out, spread it around, or just become D-Jesus?

One issue I'm having- When I get put into a play where I am supposed to screen, I can never get it to recognize my screen. Like how you have to get in that circle before the NPCs will start the play? I can never get the NPC to acknowledge my screen even though I stand on the location and B.

Focus points on your specialty. Since you're a SF defensive player I'd focus more on jump height for rebounds and quickness/hands for steals and forcing turnovers. Being able to setup and take charges from the opposing team as they drive to the basket is also important at SF. SF's are generally much more offense oriented, though. If you really want to play defense I'd recommend remaking as a tall center and focusing on rebounding and shot blocking to start. And as a noob to basketball in general, switching off of PG is a very wise decision. PG's are the play callers and traffic directors of the court, and is not an easy position to dive into as someone pretty much brand new to the game. I recommend playing some games of the day or custom matches with NBA teams in other modes first to get a feel for what you like to do before going into My Player, but it's not necessary.

Just because a screen is called for doesn't necessarily mean a player will take advantage of it. It could be a feint, or it could be used to block someone from coming up on the ball handler to give them space for a pass or a shot. For now just focus on getting to your spots and do what the spot tells you, and as you get a feel for the game you'll know when to start posting up and calling for the ball.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Alright kiddos, its contest time!

Being that I am officially getting older and more cantankerous today, I think its time to punch a few holes in my manly card.

So, pm me the manliest thing you can think of (yes i've done this contest before.). Whatever you can think of, be it picture, video, sound or text.

Prize will be... Something, because I never chose ahead of time and would rather net as many participants as possible. I'll just tailor the reward to the winner. I don't think I've given out a shitty prize yet, though.

I'm in! Haven't entered a contest in a while. ;P

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Oh what the heck, let's do a quick game giveaway here. A variation on the anagram game; two people with a tenuous link to the game in question:

La Sex Row, No Darn Vibe, and the mystery game all have a place in common.

Figure out who the scrambled people are, determine what location they have in common, and you'll uncover where this game takes place. What game is it? PM me the name of the game, if you actually want it, and your Steam ID if it differs from your name here.

Hopefully this isn't too easy/hard/silly. Good luck!

• Options
    Oh what the heck, let's do a quick game giveaway here. A variation on the anagram game; two people with a tenuous link to the game in question:

La Sex Row, No Darn Vibe, and the mystery game all have a place in common.

Figure out who the scrambled people are, determine what location they have in common, and you'll uncover where this game takes place. What game is it? PM me the name of the game, if you actually want it, and your Steam ID if it differs from your name here.

Hopefully this isn't too easy/hard/silly. Good luck!
    Well that's....hard. Hrm.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    More people need to enter my contest, don't people like free crap?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.